http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 02:40:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of Conan Impressions  (Read 37702 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »

I have some questions that might (or might not) spark more impressions.  So....

1) Is there a roleplaying flag you can turn on, like in LOTRO or EQ2?

2) Assuming you don't use a "3rd party" interface - is the standard interface customizable?  How much so?  Can you resize and move all boxes around the screen?

3) Does a shield add to your overall 'armor' rating like other games, or is it strictly for the block mechanic?  I'm interested specifically in how that works.  As well, are most of you guys dodging in combat to avoid incoming blows and spells?  Is it actually a worthwhile tactic to do so, or is it more trouble than the effort required?

4) Are you seeing a good mixture of classes, or does there seem to be definatively more popular ones?

5) Once you are finished with the starting part (lvl 15-20?) - Are all people funneled to the same area, regardless of their chosen race?

6) Impressions of the spell effects?  Fire, Lightning, Holy spells? 

7) Those of you with "pets" - How's the control they give you?  Are the pets responsive and at least semi-intelligent?

Thanks.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »

1) Is there a roleplaying flag you can turn on, like in LOTRO or EQ2?

Not that I know of.

2) Assuming you don't use a "3rd party" interface - is the standard interface customizable?  How much so?  Can you resize and move all boxes around the screen?

Yes, you can drag everything around. It's slightly less customizable than a lot of UIs I've seen though - for instance, you can't change chat colors from within the interface. That sucks. I'm sure they'll be tweaking that eventually.

3) Does a shield add to your overall 'armor' rating like other games, or is it strictly for the block mechanic?  I'm interested specifically in how that works.  As well, are most of you guys dodging in combat to avoid incoming blows and spells?  Is it actually a worthwhile tactic to do so, or is it more trouble than the effort required?

I'm fairly certain it adds to overall defense. I find blocking/dodging to be more effort than it's worth. That may change with higher level mobs. Blocking eats up an enormous amount of stamina, so I almost never use it.

4) Are you seeing a good mixture of classes, or does there seem to be definatively more popular ones?

There are popular classes like Conqueror, Barbarian, and Bear Shaman, but you see a good mix. I think they did a great job with the class selection. Other than possibly the Necro, there are really no "weak" classes at the moment.

5) Once you are finished with the starting part (lvl 15-20?) - Are all people funneled to the same area, regardless of their chosen race?

No, there are three different starting cities, depending on your race.

6) Impressions of the spell effects?  Fire, Lightning, Holy spells?

I really like the spell effects. They're not overly flashy, but I think they look great.

Sorry, I can't answer the pet question.

Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 12:21:16 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 22, 2008, 12:13:46 PM

Yes, you can drag everything around. It's slightly less customizable than a lot of UIs I've seen though - for instance, you can't change chat colors from within the interface. That sucks. I'm sure they'll be tweaking that eventually.

I really wish we could change chat colors.  I had to change to opacity of my chat windows just so that I could read it.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »

No, there are three different starting cities, depending on your race.

What if you're trying to keep a constant group and they're of different races? Then what?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »

It's pretty easy to travel from one starting city to another, doesnt cost a thing, and you just find a dock guy to take you there.

A new one
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 12:46:12 PM »

I really wish we could change chat colors.

You can do it manually by editing a .ini file, but I haven't read up on the details yet.

I honestly can't believe Rittch succeeded in persuading the developers to make guild chat hot pink.
QP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »

There are popular classes like Conqueror, Barbarian, and Bear Shaman, but you see a good mix. I think they did a great job with the class selection. Other than possibly the Necro, there are really no "weak" classes at the moment.

Crap!

-QP
Currently Playing:
[PC]Oblivion Again (OOO this time)
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »

Don't worry QP - it just means that down the road they'll fix your class to be awesome, and everyone else will get hit with the nerf bat.
QP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2008, 02:52:33 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 22, 2008, 01:52:06 PM

Don't worry QP - it just means that down the road they'll fix your class to be awesome, and everyone else will get hit with the nerf bat.

Oh yeah, MMO's....been awhile!

Anyone else having sound issues...or are quest NPCs supposed to be talking (is it just text?)  The first quest chick talked, but today they just move their mouths with no sound.

-QP
Currently Playing:
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 22, 2008, 01:52:06 PM

as long as they don't nerf Rangers.  It seems like they have a nice balance between ranged attacks and cloase up attacks.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 04:02:23 PM »

Does anyone know why Rich & I can't see each other even though we're grouped and standing next to the same NPC?
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »

Make sure you're in the same instance. If you are, then it's probably that weird disappearing model bug everyone has been complaining about.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 22, 2008, 04:21:02 PM

Make sure you're in the same instance. If you are, then it's probably that weird disappearing model bug everyone has been complaining about.

Yeah, we're in the same instance. Or at least the game said we were. He used 'invite to instance' on me, and it told him I was already in the same instance. What's strange is that we'll be standing next to the same NPC, we're grouped, and yet we'll see different human players standing next to the same NPC, and we never see the same players. This suggests we aren't in the same instance, even though the game says we are.

We both tried exiting the game completely, and no dice. We've yet to see each other, despite being grouped.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »

Single player instance?

A new one
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

No we were in the daytime, hence the ability to see other players but not each other or for that matter the same other players.  We would both be by the same NPC and yet I would see joe and mike and he would see neil and bob.  When I opened up my friends list and looked at the details of his character it listed him at an unkown location he said I appeared the same to him yet the invite to instance said we were in the same instance and we were able to chat just fine in the group chat.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »

Quote from: Rich on May 22, 2008, 05:18:55 PM

No we were in the daytime, hence the ability to see other players but not each other or for that matter the same other players.  We would both be by the same NPC and yet I would see joe and mike and he would see neil and bob.  When I opened up my friends list and looked at the details of his character it listed him at an unkown location he said I appeared the same to him yet the invite to instance said we were in the same instance and we were able to chat just fine in the group chat.

Have you manually checked the instance by clicking on the little triangle to the left of the minimap? In that way, you can select an instance and check with your friend that he's done the same. I've heard that the "summon to instance" feature is bugged.

If that's not the case, then it might be the disappearing model bug that I mentioned in another thread - though that seems unlikely given the fact that you can see different players which definitely suggests two different instances.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »

Ok I was just coming back to say that I had found out about the little triangle and that there were multiple instances of tortage for each server and you could manually pick.  I'm going to try that when he gets back.

Yeah that fixed the problem, the invite to instance thing wasn't working but manually choosing the same instance worked.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 07:14:23 PM by Rich » Logged

PS3 - PTCynic
QP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2008, 01:10:44 AM »

Servers seem to be down...THIS IS THE WORST DISASTER IN TEH HISTORY OF MMO'S!  Well maybe not...seems like a decent MMO so far.  Had a weird sound issue (no NPC voice) which I fixed by meddling with my Vista sound settings (changed to 16bit sound...i have sigmatel audio, just in case anyone is having the issue...)

-QP
Currently Playing:
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »

For an impressions thread, this thread sure is short on actual impressions.  icon_razz Could somebody throw in something enlightening along the lines of "I'm enjoying it because blah blah," "the single player quests are/aren't living up to the hype," (I couldn't really gather from my brief Fileplanet beta experience) or "It's as much fun as peeling off wallpaper in my bathroom." Thanks - it would help those of us on the fence.  icon_smile

I have a little 10% off Best Buy coupon so I might pick it up and throw it in the moss-gathering pile with Pirates of the Burning Sea.

I remain on the bubble, but I'm not really seeing any big sales on it so I might use my coupon while I have the chance.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »

Quick impressions:

Melee combat is just awesome. You can just swing away and get the job done, but if ya take the time to learn the combos, use them in conjuction with moving and swinging toward the opponents undefended side, and you can be an efficient killing machine. I often end up performing fatality moves and get a real kick from it. It's very viceral and very interactive. It's completely unlike any other MMO combat that I've ever come across.

Graphically it's great...not quite up to Oblivion, but it's damn close on my machine. The spilling of blood, the spell effects, the lighting are all well done. As far as the overall art style...it's somewhere between LOTRO and Vanguard. Get you're beefiest machine ready, as it pushes hard.

I'm too low to have moved from the starter area yet (level 19), but the questing goals so far are typical MMO fare...though the stories behind them are written well enough to keep me playing. Multi-part quest lines coupled with the great combat makes for a minimal 'grind factor' through the starter town.

So far so good, hopfully I'll get out into the open world this weekend and see how it goes from there.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:58 PM »

My quick impressions from playing until level 8 (hey you said quick.)

System:
e8400
2 gig ram
8800gts 328mb
Vista 32
Ran it initially on high settings 1280-1024 with 0 AA in DX 9.  Bumped it up to DX 10 and it looked a lot better but ran like dog crap in the first city.  Updated my drivers to the newest nvidia from last week, dropped back to dx 9 and then it ran even worse in the city smile.   So i need to fiddle with that obviously.
Anyhow...
Good:
The animations are great.  Combat is fun and appears to have some serious depth to it.  IMO the music is fantastic, a moving score that is the best I have heard in a mmorpg.  I like the more 'adult' feel to the game, it's a breath of fresh air.  I LOL'ed at the Bearded Clam...classic.  Setting people on fire for the killing move is very gratifying.  Their wailing makes me giggle.
Bad:
Performance seems very uneven.  I almost need a different setting for solo, multi, in city.  It's even inconsistent within each setting.  Smooth as butter than an assortment of hiccups. I prolly need to tone down my settings till they get this tweaked a bit.  Still very playable but the disappearing pc/npc thing is driving me crazy.  Other than it crashing when I exit and the above mentioned issues it's been a pleasant experience.

morlac00 on PSN
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »

Could somebody throw in something enlightening along the lines of "I'm enjoying it because blah blah," "the single player quests are/aren't living up to the hype," (I couldn't really gather from my brief Fileplanet beta experience) or "It's as much fun as peeling off wallpaper in my bathroom." Thanks - it would help those of us on the fence.

Ok, one thing I can say for sure - it's as much fun as peeling off wallpaper in Blackjack's bathroom. smile

I definitely enjoyed the single player quest line(s). What's interesting is that you get different quests depending on your class' architype (rogue, warrior, etc.) and they are kind of like a view at the same events in the city from different points of view. For example, mages rescue some guy on an island, while priests encounter that same guy after he's been rescued (by a mage), but he is hurt and the priest is supposed to heal him. Warriors encounter the same guy after he's been rescued by a mage (and I think before he is healed by a priest), they defend the guy from a picts' ambush (probably that's when the guy gets hurt). Very cool. A couple of major quests in the storyline are the same for everyone though.

Another example. When I was playing a mage, my trainer said "Don't worry about that mercenary, Sigurd has sent one of his warriors to get rid of him". Well, I was that warrior, when I played my Dark Templar. smile

Oh and the regular multiplayer quests also tie in nicely to the single player storyline. Very well done.

I've seen only one "after lvl 20" zone so far - Stygian one - and it's very nice. Pretty big (just a bit smaller than The Barrens I guess), with some nice variety, good quests, different interesting mobs and it looks good too.

The game has probably the best looking cities I have ever seen in a game. Aquilonian capital is simply amazing.

I enjoy little instanced mini-dungeons a lot. The big non-instanced ones were also fun, a bit crowded at times though.

Combat is great, but everyone knows that by now.

The game does have some bugs, but not too much, the game does not appear bug-ridden. It's pretty stable and performs very well on my machine (E8400, 4 GB RAM, 8800 GTS, Vista 32).

I second the above statement about the necro class. Having tried quite a few classes, necro probably is the gimpiest/weakest/buggiest at the moment. They are quite capabale in PvE, but have really big problems in PvP (like every dot-based pet class in every game at release). While you can give basic orders to your pets (attack, defend, follow, assist), there is no stay command and the follow command often does not work. You have to re-summon all your pets pretty much every time you zone, which is highly annoying. Pets don't proc. Some of the spells and feats do not work properly - frost aoe (forgot the name, giles bones or something) rank 2 takes twice as much mana, but deal 1 (!) damage more. Or don't work at all - Sacrifice rank 2 (the one creating mana from your health, a class-defining spell btw) does not do anything when clicked on and disappears from the spell list.

So other then my Necro (who will retired for now), I love the game smile
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »

Well, I am playing the game on a system just above minimum specs.  It runs ok, but I have everything turned way down.  Despite that, the game is an absolute blast to play.  The classes all feel pretty different and tend to require different tactis to take the same battle.  The single player ques line is really cool, great story telling mechanism, and the quests I have done so far all seem to fit.  Yes there are fedex quests or collect X quests, but if you read the quest it makes sense that you are collecting wolf pelts for example.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2008, 04:58:46 PM »

Thanks guys. Well, I'll see if I can snare a copy, 3 day weekend and all.  icon_smile

I had enjoyed the combat, I just kinda didn't like losing my 1-3 hotkeys to the directional attacks; and the various letter keys I liked to bind in COH/COV seemed to already be assigned to necessary functions in AoC. Hopefully I can figure some way around that.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2008, 05:08:03 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 23, 2008, 04:58:46 PM

Thanks guys. Well, I'll see if I can snare a copy, 3 day weekend and all.  icon_smile

I had enjoyed the combat, I just kinda didn't like losing my 1-3 hotkeys to the directional attacks; and the various letter keys I liked to bind in COH/COV seemed to already be assigned to necessary functions in AoC. Hopefully I can figure some way around that.

I went to microcenter to get my copy and there was a guy there in the game dept buying one of those fancy FPS/MMORPG specific keyboards just to play this game more effectively.  After playing a few hours I can see how one would help. 

morlac00 on PSN
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

I've never found one that I thought I'd use consistently but it is something to consider.

I guess in MMOs I just don't feel comfy using number keys beyond about 5 or 6 (just don't like reaching over for the 7-0 keys in combat). In CoX I tend to cluster my hotkeys around the A,W,S,D keys (I'll use keys like X, V, F, for often-used attacks I can't fit on keys elewhere; and sometimes even T and G for stuff like trip mines and grenades and turrets). I know everyone has their own preferences and some folks love using the numeric keypad but I don't use it for much.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »

I had enjoyed the combat, I just kinda didn't like losing my 1-3 hotkeys to the directional attacks;

I moved melee attack icons to another hotbar, assigned them to some obscyre buttons (",", ".", "?" work well) and then assigned these buttons to my mouse buttons. I have a Logitech mouse and their software allows to do that, but it should be possible for others as well. It made a HUGE improvement - melee feels even better now and I am using 1, 2, 3 more effectively.
Debris
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »

I picked it up the other night and spent the last two nights, probably about 5 hours total, getting to 12th level with my Bear Shaman.  I didn't participate in the Beta and the other night was my first foray into Hyboria.  I also tend to come into these types of games without much foreknowledge of the game mechanics.  I find I really enjoy a game if I don't know everything about it beforehand. So, my observations are from a truly "uninitiated" viewpoint.

The install took about an hour including the disc install, patching and account set-up.  Once I got it running, I was treated to a spectacular opening movie, with the man, Conan, as the main star. 

You're given about 8 character slots and they can be placed on different servers, which is nice. Character generation is standard fare with the typical sliders and buttons for facial and body features.  It's nice to see that the three playable races have distinct and unique looks and options.  A nice touch.

After the character set-up movie, which appears to be the same for each character, you're placed in the starting area and given your first quest, as well as a few tutorial tabs that you can select and read at your leisure.  The first thing I checked was the FPS counter and based on my 1680x1050 desktop setting, I was hitting about 12-17 FPS.  It looked nice, but there was a bit of a stutter so I fiddled with the settings and came up with something acceptable that would run at least in the 20-25 range.  As usual, the setting that seemed to make the biggest difference was turning off shadows.

Once I started getting the hang of combat, I really started to appreciate how much better it was vs. most of the other MMO's that I've played.  Instead of hitting the "A" button and waiting for an attack to refresh, I had to decide where to strike, what combinations I needed to perform and how to get out of some of the closer fights alive.  It was fast, furious and it really made a person pay attention to what was going on in combat.  This is by far the best combat I've seen in a RPG type MMO.

Since I don't want to give a lot of things away, I'll try to stay away from the single player story. Although, I have to admit that it is a very creative and fun way to handle the lower levels of a character. 

Quests are the typical fare.  Get this, kill that, talk to that person, etc.  People always complain about these types of quests, but really, what's the alternative? I don't mind them as long as they are doable and they stay interesting.  There is also no lack of quests so far in Tortage.  I've been staying busy and have increased my character pretty steadily.  That's not without about 15 deaths so far, which as people told me last night, isn't unusual for a starting bear shaman.

Some of the things I don't care about the game are load screens, "pop up" NPCs and constant disc grinding while in town. 

Load screens are used whenever you move from area to area. Be it a boat ride to an island or entering a tavern, the load times typically run about 20-30 seconds.  It's nothing too horrible, but it's still an annoyance.

In town, I notice that NPCs often take time to load up. I can be in an area looking for something to do and then an NPC will pop up right in front of me. I found a memory cache setting that I bumped to max, but it still happens.  This is probably why I'm getting disc grind all the time, too.

All in all, I'm liking this game. Whether it will stand the test of time or not, who can say, but I know I'll at least get 30 days of enjoyment out of it.  That's a lot more than can be said for many of the recent releases that I've purchased.

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »

I think the disc thrashing maybe due to Windows indexing/search service.  Disabling that worked for me.
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »

Quote from: morlac on May 23, 2008, 05:08:03 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on May 23, 2008, 04:58:46 PM

I went to microcenter to get my copy and there was a guy there in the game dept buying one of those fancy FPS/MMORPG specific keyboards just to play this game more effectively.  After playing a few hours I can see how one would help. 

I have one of those as well actually, I've had a zboard for several years now and I've bought a few RPG/MMO keysets along the way.  Usually I find them on sale somewhere or get a coupon from Ideazon the makers of the zboard but I did pay full price for the AoC and WoW:BC keysets.  With the number of functions that are accessed by Shift & Ctrl button combos having all of these printed out on the keys themselves is pretty nice.  The FPS specific keysets are a waste though as the generic one that comes with the zboard works fine and you can always print out copies of keyset layouts you create for games or ones that others have created.  It has a nice easy to use drag and drop type of software interface for creating your own command layouts.

PS3 - PTCynic
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »

How comfortable is the zboard?  Do you use it for everyday stuff or only gaming?

Also,

I tweaked my settings and every thing is running much smoother with some in city choppiness.

morlac00 on PSN
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »

Quote from: Debris on May 23, 2008, 06:07:21 PM

Quests are the typical fare.  Get this, kill that, talk to that person, etc.  People always complain about these types of quests, but really, what's the alternative?
I don't have a problem with "the same old quests" if the game devs don't continually promise that they're doing more interesting and creative quests and have hired professional writers to ensure that (as Funcom seemed to say repeatedly).

As far as the alternative, as much as I've bashed Tabula Rasa in some ways, I think TR had -- in places -- some of the most refreshing quests I've seen in MMOs. There just weren't enough of them for my tastes, or enough variety in zones (so that you could maybe have a little different questing/missions experience while going from Level 10-20 with one character, vs. your last character). And some things that could've been thought provoking (kill this hostage, or save him) were rendered pointless because there was no reputation system to speak of.

But you really (imho) *can* give players more interesting things to do than kill 25-100 things, fetch this and bring it back, go kill the Foozle, bring me the potion components, bring me X this Y that and Z that so I can make you some underwear, Escort Idiot NPC from Point A to Point B, etc. It takes time, work and manpower (not to mention imagination) though, and in the end I can understand why most companies would rather just fling the same old quest crap at us, tell us "the PVP and massive raids that take a half day are where the game's more interesting," wave off any questions about making single player questing more interesting, and leave it at that.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »

I got a quest from a madame at a whore house named the Bearded Clam to go rough up and steal from some nonpaying customers.  Basically she wants me to be their pimp.  If that ain't creative...

morlac00 on PSN
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2008, 11:37:13 PM »

Quote from: morlac on May 23, 2008, 08:42:07 PM

How comfortable is the zboard?  Do you use it for everyday stuff or only gaming?

Also,

I tweaked my settings and every thing is running much smoother with some in city choppiness.

Only for gaming, mostly when I played WoW and now AoC, I only used it on FPS games when I remembered to set it up, I used it a lot when playing Rainbow Six Vegas.  It sucks big time for typing on especially the left shift key since that key is cut in half to make 2 keys out of it, it's good enough for some quick chats in game but I usually use voice and when I don't I have to edit the shift key problems a lot.  My desk is large enough that I can easily set my wireless keyboard to the side if I really need to do some typing, The Zboard does have 2 USB ports on it that I can use to slap in a gamepad or a USB headset if I run out of room.  Bottom line I'm glad I bought it but I did get it on sale for $20 off back when Battlefield 2 came out, I'm not sure I would pay full price for it.

PS3 - PTCynic
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2008, 01:23:39 AM »

Is this happening to anyone else? After a crash in game I fire the game up again and it starts downloading 300megs worth of files. Its weird, it shows that its 4\6 files and it starts there everytime.
I've just started crashing on a regular basis the last two days. And now I have to wait for a download each time...

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 24, 2008, 01:23:39 AM

Is this happening to anyone else? After a crash in game I fire the game up again and it starts downloading 300megs worth of files. Its weird, it shows that its 4\6 files and it starts there everytime.
I've just started crashing on a regular basis the last two days. And now I have to wait for a download each time...

I would suggest you run the verify/repair utility off of the patcher config screen.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2008, 02:20:38 AM »

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2008, 02:58:38 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on May 24, 2008, 02:09:52 AM

I would suggest you run the verify/repair utility off of the patcher config screen.

Yeah did that. Said it fixed 16 problems. Tried again to start the game up, same old same old...starts downloading a patch.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2008, 03:24:27 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 24, 2008, 02:58:38 AM

Quote from: Arkon on May 24, 2008, 02:09:52 AM

Yeah did that. Said it fixed 16 problems. Tried again to start the game up, same old same old...starts downloading a patch.

Could it just be struggling to download the patch? Perhaps a port needs to be opened on a router?

Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2008, 03:28:43 AM »

I'm curious, for anyone who has read the original novels and stories, does the game feel like it's set in Hyboria, or is it pretty much standard RPG fare with the Age of Conan name slapped on?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: