http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 12:11:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of Conan - Euro guild  (Read 3070 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »

Hi Peeps,

seeing as the Wanderers are pure US, I was thinking that all the Euro people could have a guild as well together...

anyone up for this?

A new one
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »

If it's PvP - then I'm up for it slywink
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »

Quote from: DArtagnan on May 12, 2008, 12:16:46 PM

been playing on an RP-PVP server for 3 years in wow...hated it at the end, due to the griefing...

The FFA last night in AoC was...insane...you couldnt go 3 feet without being killed... I'm not sure that I want to do that...Lemme think about it smile

A new one
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:17:45 PM »

Quote from: DArtagnan on May 12, 2008, 12:16:46 PM

There's PvP on the standard server.  Do you mean FFA?
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

I will be up for it

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »

Okay, I've decided - I' m going to roll on a normal server. the FFA is just to much spawnpoint camping to be fun to me...

There's plenty of PVP to be found on standard servers as well, in the border kingdoms I assume, so, should be something for everyone

One thing I've always found to be interesting though in the COnan universe regarding pvp, is the idea that you could hire out as mercenaries to guild wanting to take on the border kingdoms, thus earning gold and fame...call me crazy, but that idea just appeals to me on so many levels :-D

A new one
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »

Is there a restriction for euro folks to play on US servers?  Or is it just a case of wanting to play with people in similar timezones?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 08:35:18 PM »

Quote from: skystride on May 12, 2008, 08:27:30 PM

Is there a restriction for euro folks to play on US servers?  Or is it just a case of wanting to play with people in similar timezones?

I assume that servers will be seperated into US and Euro servers, but I may be wrong...I just seem to recall reading that somewhere.

The timezone issue DOES matter though, as the whole idea behind guilding is of course to have people to quest/talk/pvp and so on with though

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 10:55:11 PM »

sadly the EU client and the US client are not compatible and automatically hit their own servers.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 12:43:37 AM »

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo! That truly sucks. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:02:04 AM »

It's a bit sad yes - hopefully there wont be as much difference seeing that Funcom is a eurobased company, as in some other games.

I dont want to be a crybaby, but the european gamers DO get the sh*ttier part of the deal many times (just see Sony genereally, or D&D Online as examples).

A new one
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »

I would never stand in the way of people having fun, and I'm quite comfortable with you guys picking PvE.

I just want to try FFA PvP, because I'm not interested in another PvE game without open world PvP ala WoW. Age of Conan looks amazing, but I really don't think it will surpass WoW in terms of pure PvE content - as I haven't seen enough evidence of sufficent group considerations - specifically group instances of which there doesn't seem to be any suitable for low-level. Just quest-grinding is not really what I'm looking for.

One of the things that REALLY got me hooked on WoW was how they handled the instances. I'd never gotten into an MMO before, so I didn't expect that to even be in the game. When I was introduced to the Deadmines for the first time - I was completely sold - and I have the highest respect for what Blizzard did with their instances. Sadly, I haven't seen evidence of the same effort in that area in the AoC beta - but I could be wrong. I guess we'll see.

I personally don't think the beta event is representative of what will happen on real servers, because the situation will be very different and peope will be divided in more areas. But I'm very keen on questing with that element of danger, and I hope to get more satisfaction out of it in the long run. But I'm prepared to have tons of frustrations until I get comfortable with that style.

If I give up on it, I'll gladly join you on a PvE server smile

I'm in the process of persuading a few friends to join me - and my GF has already agreed. So this should be fun smile
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:48:24 AM by DArtagnan » Logged
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »

yeah, I know what you mean...And, I thikn I WILL make a char on a PvP server as well, an PVP-RP anyway, just to try it out as well...so, lemme know where you head, so I can make it there as well. Since we are very much in the same timezone, we should be able to hook up quite comfortably :-)

A new one
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »

Well, now that the serverlist is out, it's pretty obvious where I'd have to roll a character to play RP-PvP:

Aquilonia

--

So expect an assassin played by yours truly in that general area  ninja2
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 08:16:23 AM »

So, tomorrow I'll be getting my copy, and can play a bit friday evening, and then again sunday it seems...

after much consideration, I'll start on a PvE server - just need to find an RP-themed one. I.e. the unofficial PvE-RP server in europe - unfortunately, Funcom has in its wisdom decided that I CANT visit the damn forums, until I have the key for the retail version...very very strange. People arent allowed to see what others write about the game, before they bought it themselves?

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »

Btw, in case any euro's are wondering - BORI is the unofficial PvE-RP server.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=1370

(You have to be logged in to view it)

There's rumours that we *might* get an official RP-PvE server though

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »

YES!

New RP-PvE Ruleset available on first server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the launch of Age of Conan in Europe we introduce another ruleset which has been requested by many players for quite some time now: RP-PvE.

The first server available of that ruleset is Hyrkania (European English region). We will keep an eye out for that server to see how many players actually are interested and will consider more servers if needed.

Hyrkania, here I come!!

A new one
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »

In as well. Will post my tag up when I have one.

So Raz you going to head the guild, i'm totally up for being in this guild.

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 02:27:39 PM »

Sure thing, Tals! I'll fire up Xfire next time im In-game...which will be later tonight!

Anyone else wants to join us, please do...

I'm Razgon there, or Illyria as far as I can remember...

I'll put up any other name tags when I get them ,-)

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:46 PM »

Btw - we need a cool name! any ideas?

GT warriors isnt quite as...RP'ish I think ;-)

A new one
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »

OK tals in game as well smile Still undecided about the game but seems interesting smile

The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »

Quote from: DArtagnan on May 16, 2008, 09:36:02 AM

Well, now that the serverlist is out, it's pretty obvious where I'd have to roll a character to play RP-PvP:

Aquilonia

--

So expect an assassin played by yours truly in that general area  ninja2

I played my first character to level 10 on that server (because I didn't know at first that pvp was allowed on Aquilonia), and I deleted him this morning, after being killed over and over again. I thought it would make the game more exciting, and to a point it does, but the tedium of being killed by some dumbass who's a couple of levels above yours is not worth the extra excitement.

Also, it should be an RP-server, and I got tired of seeing the constant discussion on the open net about how killing everyone on sight IS roleplaying, since you'd be roleplaying a psychotic maniac.

So no thanks.

I started again this morning on Hyrkania though, so if I can join this guild, that'd be nice. I'm a very casual player though (not min/max-ing, not on-line that often I think), so I don't know if I'll be much of an addition to the guild, if you're looking for some kind of 'powerplay'. I'd rather just get help with quests I'm stuck at, and provide it for others.

So, if I can join, name is 'Adrastos' (According to this site http://www.20000-names.com/male_greek_names.htm , "he who stands his ground" smile ), and I'm a Conqueror.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »

Well...we are an extremely hardcore guild - we expect people to be level 100 or at least reach it within a week at least..and we...eh..sorry, not true ;-)

Of course you can...the guild isnt done yet though, but, I'll get a hold on you as soon as I can in-game!!

hope to see you all in-game soon!

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 06:51:42 AM »

a small update - I'll be online a lot today evening, so, I'll try and gte a hold of you guys there!!

Also, what do you think about the guildname Freeriders ? I was thinking of doing the obvios, and making it a mercenary guild...for now at least.

A new one
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »

Freeriders sound fine, but you can also come up with great names by combining stuff like Wolves', Bears', Lion's, Rat's  with Claw, Heart, Eye, Den... Or something (like The Wolves' Claw). Somewhat akin to the Red Hand which guards Tortage actually.

But you'll be leader, so you pick it smile Freeriders is perhaps a bit more mercenary.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 07:29:57 AM »

Great ideas - freeriders isnt nearly Gritty enough for the Conan universe I think...I'll think about it here at work, so I am ready for tonight ;-)

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »

Ahem -.forgot you had to be lvl 20 to make a guild - currently only lvl 15 due to too many alts ;-)

But, I'm in game, levelling as fast as I can, on Ankhuroh...A stygian Tempest...

so, add me as friend, and I'll make the guild when I Can!

A new one
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 10:39:17 AM »

I'll add you this evening. I'm also only level 12, so don't sweat it smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »

sooo...where the heck are you people! ;-)

I'm lvl 22 now ,and has joined/co-founded a guild, Fangs of Set - no real structure or anything right now, just two stygians killing things with amazing ability so far  icon_twisted

A new one
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »

I'll try to contact the guild in the coming days, but like I said, I'm not on-line that often, I'm still level 15 or so, I think.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 06:07:48 AM »

Ugh, so, I've been unable to play for some days, but, hopefully I will get to play some either tonight, or tomorow!

A new one
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 06:54:32 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 06:07:48 AM

Ugh, so, I've been unable to play for some days, but, hopefully I will get to play some either tonight, or tomorow!

I'm not sure i'll be staying that long with this. Game releases in summer don't make sense imho smile

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 06:59:31 AM »

Quote from: Tals on June 03, 2008, 06:54:32 AM

I'm not sure i'll be staying that long with this. Game releases in summer don't make sense imho smile

leaving the game, Tals?

A new one
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 06:59:31 AM

Quote from: Tals on June 03, 2008, 06:54:32 AM

leaving the game, Tals?

I'm not sure MMO's make sense for me. That said WOW tempts me back, but currently playing WIC and happy with that.

Tals

** I meant WIC - Gaming is quite reduced for me so an hour or so of quick gaming appears to be for me at the moment **

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: