http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 01:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of Conan - All Your Questions Are Belong to Us!  (Read 74598 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: May 14, 2008, 11:21:55 PM »

Well I've already paid for early access and it's credited on my account, I just haven't gotten an email about it and don't see anything on my Funcom account page. 

I avoided using that cachefly.net link because I'm wary of non-official sources.

I did notice that my account Status says "Open: Log in and play the game" on my account page, so maybe they just extend my closed beta straight into retail.  I dont' know...

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #601 on: May 14, 2008, 11:45:44 PM »

Quote from: crumsteel on May 14, 2008, 11:00:44 PM

Looks like if you haven't gotten the early access and still want it you are out of luck. all sold out.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=93019

Son of a bitch! I forgot to register/purchase my early access account stuff.

When does the game itself technically go live anyway?

EDIT: For the hell of it, I just now punched in my preorder key (War Mammoth), and when I created a subscription, I was allowed to 'purchase' the $5 preorder fee thing. And it accepted it. Frankly, I don't know if it worked or not, but as far as I can tell, it did. I'll check my CC company tomorrow and see if it worked or not.

" Early Access: Begins May, 17th 2008,  Pre-order: The War Mammoth,  Age of Conan  "
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:56:37 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: May 15, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »

And so I don't keep just editing my post...

I got into the early release program. Maybe it was because I had Closed Beta access, I don't know. But I'm in.

"Welcome to the Age of Conan Early Access Program!

You've chosen to be among the select few who can venture into Hyboria to carve out your destiny and establish your name before the masses arrive."

EngineNo9 - under the Funcom page itself at register.ageofconan.com (once I logged in), I have a message to go to here:
http://funcom.cachefly.net/AoC-US-EarlyAccess.exe
to get into the early access thing. The link is valid, and it is what Funcom is giving to their playerbase.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: May 15, 2008, 12:04:15 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 14, 2008, 11:45:44 PM

Quote from: crumsteel on May 14, 2008, 11:00:44 PM

Looks like if you haven't gotten the early access and still want it you are out of luck. all sold out.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=93019

Son of a bitch! I forgot to register/purchase my early access account stuff.

When does the game itself technically go live anyway?

According to the launcher it says the game goes live on the 17th for the early access people, and on the 20th for the masses.

Edit: Yep, slow ass work computer connection..

Gonna eat your face
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 15, 2008, 12:54:11 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 14, 2008, 11:21:55 PM

Well I've already paid for early access and it's credited on my account, I just haven't gotten an email about it and don't see anything on my Funcom account page. 

I avoided using that cachefly.net link because I'm wary of non-official sources.

I did notice that my account Status says "Open: Log in and play the game" on my account page, so maybe they just extend my closed beta straight into retail.  I dont' know...

the cachefly.net link IS the official link
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: May 15, 2008, 01:55:15 AM »

The official link is really slow, too. I've been averaging only about 40KB/sec or so, with occasional (and rare) boosts upwards. As such, I have 4 days to go and counting.

Is this a torrent or a direct download?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: May 15, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »

Apparently, the downloader is a torrent. That explains my poor downloads (behind a heavily restrictive firewall). Visit the link I provided and it'll tell you how to run the program on a specific port (along with limiting your upload/download speeds).

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 15, 2008, 04:13:50 AM »

Probably a dumb question but I pre-ordered, and registered and I haven't seen word one about early access? I downloaded the final client a few days ago on the 12th I think or when the link first showed up it's all updated and patched. But am I hosed? No early access for me? Or can I just log in on the 17th with my account info?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: May 15, 2008, 04:24:12 AM »

Quote from: Ascendent on May 15, 2008, 04:13:50 AM

Probably a dumb question but I pre-ordered, and registered and I haven't seen word one about early access? I downloaded the final client a few days ago on the 12th I think or when the link first showed up it's all updated and patched. But am I hosed? No early access for me? Or can I just log in on the 17th with my account info?

You paid the $5 once you put in your key for the Mammoth (or whatever your preorder bonus is), right? You should've gotten a 'create account' screen when you put in your key. From that screen, you would've been able to purchase the early access stuff.

And on a side note, FunCom's torrent program sucks ass. There's no way I should be getting this poor of a download with a torrent that should have a few thousand active people on it. I think the 50 peer limit is killing the overall connection.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 15, 2008, 06:18:18 AM »

Okay -that sucks royally!! I bought the CE PReorder and punched the key in at register.ageofconan.com as the small slip of paper with the key on said - but there was no option to buy early acces - actually, it said that it hadnt been released yet??

goddammit! that means 23rd of may?? thats just..wrong - or at least messed up! I was told in the store I WOULD get early acces, and it said so on the card as well...huh, guess they lied for some reason...great start
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:22:33 AM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 15, 2008, 06:22:07 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 15, 2008, 06:18:18 AM

Okay -that sucks royally!! I bought the CE PReorder and punched the key in at register.ageofconan.com as the small slip of paper with the key on said - but there was no option to buy early acces - actually, it said that it hadnt been released yet??

goddammit! that means 23rd of may?? thats just..wrong - or at least messed up! I was told in the store I WOULD get early acces, and it said so on the card as well...huh, guess they lied for some reason...great start

I'm sorry to hear that frown

You were supposed to get a key that you would enter when setting up early access - and you had to enter credit information so they could charge the 5$ for the 10 days and what not. Maybe you should try calling their support and see if they can help you out?

---

About the download torrent thing - I downloaded with 3.5 MB pr. second and had it in 1.5 hours. It didn't seem like torrent technology to me, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:23:59 AM by DArtagnan » Logged
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 15, 2008, 06:27:01 AM »

well, nothing like that happened..actually, I think I know what went wrong... the card said register at register.ageofconan.com and I did, on an old Anarchy online account...that could be the trouble - I actually did write them about it....8 days ago, and no answer yet...

I did punch in the key, and it said the ingame stuff was activated...and that was it...

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 15, 2008, 06:28:46 AM »

actually, now that I think about it...I never got a single mail from them, about account activation or anything..that should probably have tipped me off to the fact that something was wrong...

bah, sorry for the harsh original post, but I'm quite disappointed with this bull :-(

A new one
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 15, 2008, 06:33:12 AM »

I understand your reaction, and the process was a little confusing to me as well.

I don't remember exactly what I did, except that I entered the key I got from Coolshop.dk (you know it I'm sure) on the register site and I had the opportunity to "Buy Early Access" which required you to enter credit information.

After that, I waited for the download to be available and now I've got it installed and patched.

It's sad that they didn't make the process clearer - and I see several people with similar issues on the official forums.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 15, 2008, 06:42:08 AM »

Which register site, DArtagnan? It seems funcom's register sites have different databases, since, the account I used for open beta and the account I entered the pre-order stuff into are two different ones...and ONE works at register.ageoblalba and ONE works at betaregister.ageofconan.com....very, very strange...

A new one
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 15, 2008, 06:50:01 AM »

Well sounds like I'm fooked proper (sorry finished watching Snatch) thats really great news, it's a death sentence for those of us who were going to the pvp server. No way I'm starting days after gankers have had time to level 20 or so levels ahead of me.
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 15, 2008, 06:42:08 AM

Which register site, DArtagnan? It seems funcom's register sites have different databases, since, the account I used for open beta and the account I entered the pre-order stuff into are two different ones...and ONE works at register.ageoblalba and ONE works at betaregister.ageofconan.com....very, very strange...

I'm pretty sure it was register.ageofconan.com.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 15, 2008, 08:59:21 AM »

hmm, ok, must be because of my old Anarchy Online account there, that its borked somehow..for nothing shows up under products about Conan, even though I entered the pre-order code...

wow - I've never seen a forum thread explode like this...every minute, around 20 or so new posts are entered about the shutting down the EA..

http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

EDIT: seems I'm not the only one with the old anarchy account problem...they really should have cleared this up beforehand - probably why they didnt answer my email either... Anyone have any experience with calling companies like this, and know if it does any good?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:12:42 AM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 15, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 15, 2008, 08:59:21 AM

hmm, ok, must be because of my old Anarchy Online account there, that its borked somehow..for nothing shows up under products about Conan, even though I entered the pre-order code...

wow - I've never seen a forum thread explode like this...every minute, around 20 or so new posts are entered about the shutting down the EA..

http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

EDIT: seems I'm not the only one with the old anarchy account problem...they really should have cleared this up beforehand - probably why they didnt answer my email either... Anyone have any experience with calling companies like this, and know if it does any good?

I put my key in on my old AO account and though I had to use a different subscription name it took fine and I got in the EA.  Not sure why everyone is having problems.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 15, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »

Still waiting on the official release of server names.  I'll be heading to an RP-PVP server, tentatively to Asgard since it's winning the vote, but it's also winning for EU so we'll have to wait and see. 

Basic forums for the pvp chaps is up at www.harkonis.com
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »

If you were accepted into Early Access you should have received this email:

Age of Conan: Early Access Download

Funcom to me

show details May 13 (1 day ago)

Welcome to the Age of Conan Early Access Program!

You've chosen to be among the select few who can venture into Hyboria to carve out your destiny and establish your name before the masses arrive.

To start your journey you will first have to download and install the client available at https://register.ageofconan.com/ with your account: [edited by poster]

Once installed the client can be patched to the latest version from May 14th, so that you're fully prepared to start your journey.

The gates to Hyboria will open on May 17th.

Welcome to Hyboria!

Regards,
Funcom
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: May 15, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

For whatever reason, there's a bug with their registration system. You can NOT use your old AO user/pass to register Conan with. It just won't let you do so. That is what caused the confusion and such. There's also absolutely no mention anywhere that there was ever a limit to how many people they'd let in early.

I looked over the forum post - it's scary just how many complaints they're getting over this (or it's just the same poster - I don't know).

Finally - read the link I provided up top. The downloader is definitely a torrent. As of this moment, I'm finally getting 100KB+ a second, and have been sustaining that for a while now, but it's still FAR slower than torrents I've pulled before. I've actually capped out my download limit before by pulling the latest version of OpenOffice, so I know how well torrents can work. Blizzard's patch downloader used to be that efficient, too.

Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 15, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »

The email i got for making the pre-order through gamestop online was incredibly clear where to go to register...i had no misunderstanding from it what i needed to do...never even crossed my mind to use an old AO account when they have their own registration site...

All i can think of is maybe they weren't so clear with in store purchased pre-orders...i wouldn't know since i didn't do it that way.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

To get your In-Game Exclusive, go to http://register.ageofconan.com and enter your unique key.

Your Unique Code is: very funny

This key has certain benefits:

Fulfillment of your in-game item.

Early Access Program.

Go to http://register.ageofconan.com and enter your key. You may begin downloading the game client software and installing as early as May 14. Then you may create a character and begin playing on May 17, 3 days before commercial release on May 20, 2008. Your character and all his/her progress will be preserved into commercial release. This key also unlocks your in-game item. Note: There is a nominal fee of $5 that covers the cost of the download and includes 10 days of additional game time. Some restrictions apply, see registration page for details.

Thank you,

GameStop Customer Service

You go to the link it gives, and you put the key in the key field....hit the ok button...and it brings you up to account creation...just like the email said...go there and enter your key....
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 15, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 15, 2008, 02:28:17 PM

For whatever reason, there's a bug with their registration system. You can NOT use your old AO user/pass to register Conan with. It just won't let you do so. That is what caused the confusion and such. There's also absolutely no mention anywhere that there was ever a limit to how many people they'd let in early.

I looked over the forum post - it's scary just how many complaints they're getting over this (or it's just the same poster - I don't know).

Finally - read the link I provided up top. The downloader is definitely a torrent. As of this moment, I'm finally getting 100KB+ a second, and have been sustaining that for a while now, but it's still FAR slower than torrents I've pulled before. I've actually capped out my download limit before by pulling the latest version of OpenOffice, so I know how well torrents can work. Blizzard's patch downloader used to be that efficient, too.

Odd you're getting such a slow rate then.  Maybe it's on a non-standard port or something.  My system is in the DMZ and the early access download maxed my bandwidth after being up only a few minutes.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 15, 2008, 02:28:17 PM

actually, it will let you register..only thing is, you dont get the option to pay for early acces, leading most to think that it wouldnt be available until 14th of may, as my preorder code card said...

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: May 15, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 15, 2008, 02:40:01 PM

Quote from: Destructor
Odd you're getting such a slow rate then.  Maybe it's on a non-standard port or something.  My system is in the DMZ and the early access download maxed my bandwidth after being up only a few minutes.

I used the manual port selection (in the link) to choose a port I know I have open for BitTorrent access. And I have all the router stuff configured properly for BitT use. I think the fact that I'm limited to only 50 peers is killing the transfer. Either those 50 people have great upload, or they don't. And I'm just not lucky.

Doesn't matter. It'll be done by the time Saturday rolls around.

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 15, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »

FYI...The sever-list for the 17th has been posted here. For the lazy....

US Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
Set
Dagoth
Zug
Omm
Derketo
Thog
Wiccana
Gwahlur (recommended Oceanic)
Anu

PvP Servers
Tyranny
Bane
Deathwisper
Bloodspire (recommended Oceanic)
Doomsayer

RP-PvP Server
Cimmeria

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
Crom
Dagon
Ymir
Bori
Astoreth

PvP Servers
Fury
Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server
Aquilonia

French Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Server
Ishtar

PvP Server
Ferox

RP-PvP Server
Stygia

German Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
Mitra
Asura

PvP Server
Aries

RP-PvP Server
Asgard

Spanish Server (Early Access 17th of May)

Zingara (PvE)
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 15, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »

Quote from: Booner on May 15, 2008, 04:24:02 PM

FYI...The sever-list for the 17th has been posted here. For the lazy....

US Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
Set
Dagoth
Zug
Omm
Derketo
Thog
Wiccana
Gwahlur (recommended Oceanic)
Anu

PvP Servers
Tyranny
Bane
Deathwisper
Bloodspire (recommended Oceanic)
Doomsayer

RP-PvP Server
Cimmeria

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
Crom
Dagon
Ymir
Bori
Astoreth

PvP Servers
Fury
Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server
Aquilonia

French Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Server
Ishtar

PvP Server
Ferox

RP-PvP Server
Stygia

German Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
Mitra
Asura

PvP Server
Aries

RP-PvP Server
Asgard

Spanish Server (Early Access 17th of May)

Zingara (PvE)

Sweeeet! Cimmeria here I come!!

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:19 PM »

Well my main beta character was 1 bubble from lvl 10 and entered night side and crashed. Since then I cannot log that one back in..just crashes when i try. ARGH. Had to make 2 noobies to play. Even though i picked hair they are both bald. sigh. Now the servers are down for 2 more hours i think for the shader 2.0 being broken. This is not something I will buy. It would be so damn cool if it was fixed / complete.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 15, 2008, 05:31:19 PM

Well my main beta character was 1 bubble from lvl 10 and entered night side and crashed. Since then I cannot log that one back in..just crashes when i try.
You have really bad luck or something.  Maybe you should just wait for the 360 version  slywink
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »

Crom! Those bastard Europeans get the awesome name of Crom!

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 15, 2008, 05:42:45 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 15, 2008, 05:40:00 PM

Crom! Those bastard Europeans get the awesome name of Crom!

Of course, he was european you know!

A new one
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 15, 2008, 05:54:20 PM »

Hahah the French get Ishtar..god what a horrible movie.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 15, 2008, 07:46:28 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 15, 2008, 05:54:20 PM

Hahah the French get Ishtar..god what a horrible movie.

icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »

Alright, we have the server name.

Cimmeria it is.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 15, 2008, 11:48:43 PM »

Well my main beta character was 1 bubble from lvl 10 and entered night side and crashed. Since then I cannot log that one back in..just crashes when i try. ARGH. Had to make 2 noobies to play. Even though i picked hair they are both bald. sigh. Now the servers are down for 2 more hours i think for the shader 2.0 being broken. This is not something I will buy. It would be so damn cool if it was fixed / complete.

It is listed in the known issues are the screen shown when logging in that new characters will not show hair or tattoo's.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 16, 2008, 12:48:18 AM »

so, I got a call from Gamestop saying I can pick up my copy tomorrow afternoon.  I'm still debating whether or not I will.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 16, 2008, 12:55:39 AM »

Quote from: drifter on May 15, 2008, 11:48:43 PM

It is listed in the known issues are the screen shown when logging in that new characters will not show hair or tattoo's.

It is a little scary that they can't keep their test servers up consistently and they keep introducing/re-introducing significant bugs in every build.
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 16, 2008, 01:05:49 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 16, 2008, 12:48:18 AM

so, I got a call from Gamestop saying I can pick up my copy tomorrow afternoon.  I'm still debating whether or not I will.
Yeah they just called me too. But are all out of codes so I can't play till tues. Grade A nonsense. mad

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 16, 2008, 01:59:14 AM »

Quote from: Jafisob on May 16, 2008, 12:55:39 AM

Quote from: drifter on May 15, 2008, 11:48:43 PM

It is a little scary that they can't keep their test servers up consistently and they keep introducing/re-introducing significant bugs in every build.

I don't see it that way.  The are not obliged to give testers a stable server.  They are treating it like a test server and probably deploying various branches of the code.  For anyone not familiar with versioning in software development, you don't always just iterate on 1 version number.  Sometimes you create splits and end up with a tree hierarchy of versions.  And then you have to figure out how to merge the tree.  I know FC does it this way too since a dev posted about it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: