http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 07:59:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of Conan - All Your Questions Are Belong to Us!  (Read 74935 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 30, 2008, 04:19:22 PM »

Btw, the updater is working now, in case you want to download the patch before tomorrow and playtime

A new one
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »

Damn it!  My nipples are the same color as my skin.  I hope they add an aereola color selection during character creation.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »

Quote from: skystride on April 30, 2008, 05:14:54 PM

Damn it!  My nipples are the same color as my skin.  I hope they add an aereola color selection during character creation.

This may be the single greatest quote about this game.

Just a little hiccup.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »

I scoped out a Best Buy pre-order box today. The mount sounds almost strictly PVP-oriented, so I'd probably take a pass. Plus I'm on a business trip the 3 days before it launches. Naturally.  disgust

At least when I return, I can check here and see whether the pre-release hype delivered or if just deteriorates into a bunch of bored players with "nipple envy."  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2008, 06:29:30 PM »

Anyone hear any word on server names?  Most times they will release this info early so that guilds can get organized and agree on something.  Hmmm.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 30, 2008, 07:01:52 PM »

well, I can start the game after the patching, even if it isnt 1st of may yet...anyone else tried this? All I get is wonderfull sound from the intro logo screens, and...sigh..a black screen

using some modified nvidia 174.53 drivers for my laptop gforce 8600m GT card

EDIT: I'm an idiot, its a known issue it seems, and all you have to do is use some "simpleconfiguration executable"... I'll try that and post more later ;-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:07:01 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 30, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »

okay, I can now safely say, that the intro video is nice :-D

anyways, heard some rumour that some dev said that you could actually log in already with the fileplanet beta key - I couldnt, but will try and look for more info on this...

A new one
Crabbs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2008, 08:29:16 PM »

I haven't been able to register, it says the Billing system is down for maintenance. Hopefully it'll be up later tonight.

So does the Beta start May 1 or May 2. I've seen both as official dates. May 1 at File planet and May 2 at Funcom....

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 30, 2008, 07:01:52 PM

well, I can start the game after the patching, even if it isnt 1st of may yet...anyone else tried this? All I get is wonderfull sound from the intro logo screens, and...sigh..a black screen

using some modified nvidia 174.53 drivers for my laptop gforce 8600m GT card

EDIT: I'm an idiot, its a known issue it seems, and all you have to do is use some "simpleconfiguration executable"... I'll try that and post more later ;-)

What modified drivers are you using. I have the same card and get a message that there is know problems with the driver I have installed (donít remember the number, at work right now) and I should update. I have the latest drivers that are offered from dell.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 30, 2008, 08:37:03 PM »

Patching now, I haven't set up an account yet tho, will need to do that.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 30, 2008, 08:37:45 PM »

Quote from: Crabbs on April 30, 2008, 08:29:16 PM

I haven't been able to register, it says the Billing system is down for maintenance. Hopefully it'll be up later tonight.

So does the Beta start May 1 or May 2. I've seen both as official dates. May 1 at File planet and May 2 at Funcom....

may 1st, 9 am EST , 15 GMT - oh, and use this link to register your beta account instead:

https://betaregister.ageofconan.com/account/

A new one
Crabbs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 30, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 30, 2008, 08:37:45 PM

may 1st, 9 am EST , 15 GMT - oh, and use this link to register your beta account instead:

TYVM  all good to go now.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 30, 2008, 10:46:02 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 30, 2008, 08:37:45 PM

Thanks that did the trick all set
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 30, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »

I think the last I saw on the Fileplanet site was 9am PST (not EST).

Edit:  finally found where I saw it off the Fileplanet main website:

"FilePlanet Subscriber Beta: Yes, it's here at last. Subscribers can join the beta for Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, the most anticipated MMORPG this year! Grab a beta key right now and download the game client to prepare for slaughter. Gameplay starts on Thursday, May 1st at 9:00 AM PST. "
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:21:54 PM by rittchard » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2008, 01:22:03 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 30, 2008, 04:19:22 PM

Btw, the updater is working now, in case you want to download the patch before tomorrow and playtime
Thanks for the tip, am patching up now.  icon_smile

I'll spend the rest of the evening exercising my nipples, so I'm ready tomorrow...  saywhat

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 01, 2008, 01:50:10 AM »

Quote from: Hamlet3145 on April 30, 2008, 06:29:30 PM

Anyone hear any word on server names?  Most times they will release this info early so that guilds can get organized and agree on something.  Hmmm.
Saw a forum poll, and it looked like players were voting heavily in favor of "God names" for the server names. Apparently they plan a second poll with some suggested names in the winning category (God names).

Here's the thread at official forums (started by community manager):

Official Poll: Name the Server (Phase 1) 
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=71829

Phase 2 poll isn't up yet, so I imagine they're still finalizing server names.

Playing
PC
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 01, 2008, 02:20:06 AM »

Going to try something here....I have 2 pre-order boxes (1 for the Rhino, 1 for the Mammoth)

I wonder if I can have both of these bonuses on one account.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2008, 02:40:19 AM »

I really need to go get my preorder put in, although I am trying to wait until after tomorrow so I can see just how poorly my system is going to run the game.  If it is anywhere near acceptable and not too ugly looking with everything turned down then I will get the preorder in this weekend.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 01, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »

for those interested in a nice collection of info on the game before beta launch, here is a link to a very nice collection of diverse info:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=58110

A new one
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2008, 01:03:58 PM »

Holy Moly.   icon_eek 

That is quite a collection of info.  Thanks for that link, Razgon.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »

Though I'm passing on the pre-orders cause, well, I'm out of town, saw a pre-order listings page at the official forums:
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=50058
Covers about every country they can think of to this point.

I've been trying to search their forums but the "image verification" anti-spam stuff is indecipherable no matter how many times I refresh it. icon_confused

Playing
PC
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 01, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

for those interested in a nice collection of info on the game before beta launch, here is a link to a very nice collection of diverse info:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=58110

Thanks for the link, going to read it now.

It's weird though. Did I miss "NDA is lifted" news? The link is to the forum on the official web-site, you'd think that'd be the first place for them to enforce NDA. Unless that thread doesn't break it... smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 01, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »

There's a sticky post on the official forums "NDA and you" and it tells you what is and isnt forbidden...

The info is something they released themselves, and is just in one place now, so, I guess its not violating anything.

A new one
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 01, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »

I am under the impression that the mad rush for beta keys on fileplanet has waned and that AoC beta keys are pretty much there for the taking. Sadly I don't have the means to sign up at fileplanet from Korea. If anyone has an FP account and no interest/time for AoC and might want to grab a key and send it my way...

My hope never dies  icon_cool

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 01, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

Oh, what the heck.  Just joined Fileplanet, got my beta key, and am downloading now.    icon_cool
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »

NDA not lifted..bad sign! bad sign!  icon_biggrin

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 01, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »

Actually according to the email I just got from Funcom:

Since there is no NDA on the Open Beta you are completely free to speak about your experiences in public, and you can also take screenshots and videos should you wish to. Together with IGN we have established forums which will be staffed by Funcom Customer Service and Community representatives. There you can discuss any topic you like. Should you have any questions, or would like the latest upto date info on potential technical issues and solutions, these forums are our main venue for communication for as long as the Open Beta last.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 01, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on May 01, 2008, 07:18:01 PM

Actually according to the email I just got from Funcom:

Since there is no NDA on the Open Beta you are completely free to speak about your experiences in public, and you can also take screenshots and videos should you wish to. Together with IGN we have established forums which will be staffed by Funcom Customer Service and Community representatives. There you can discuss any topic you like. Should you have any questions, or would like the latest upto date info on potential technical issues and solutions, these forums are our main venue for communication for as long as the Open Beta last.

Press NDA is lifted also.

Closed Beta testers are still under NDA regarding the closed beta.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 01, 2008, 07:31:32 PM »

This official thread suggests the start time today has been pushed back to 2200 hours GMT (or about 6 p.m. Eastern US time, if I'm translating correctly, and that's accounting for daylight's savings):

New Start Time for Open Beta - UPDATED TO 22:00 GMT
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=1844903#post1844903
To add an extra patch to improve the gaming experience and quality of gameplay, the official start time of the IGN Open Beta now is:

20:00 GMT (8 pm GMT) [as mentioned in the next post: time has changed to 22:00 GMT]
(to check the current GMT time please refer to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/)

We wanted to add the extra update prior to launching the servers rather than to fix it shortly after the start of the Open Beta.

Users who have registered for the Open Beta will also receive an information e-mail about this in their inboxes shortly.
I'm missing out on the launch for Iron Man (8 p.m.), so all I have to say is, "Keep pushing it back, Funcom!" j/k  icon_lol

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:34:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: May 01, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

I expect tons of screenshots and impressions from all of you beta people. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 01, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 01, 2008, 08:26:47 PM

I expect tons of screenshots and impressions from all of you beta people. biggrin

Of gameplay not just drunken pirates pissing into the Ocean...please and thank you.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 01, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 01, 2008, 08:26:47 PM

I expect a bunch of impressions.  Even after going through the links, I still haven't seen anything that is really impressive.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 01, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »

patcher is sloooowwww

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 01, 2008, 10:32:23 PM »

Ok, so hopefully YK can answer this question.

I get in to the game and create my character, screen pops up asking if I want to do the beach tutorial, I click yes, at which point I get a loading screen stating it is reading content.... 7 minutes later I finally get past the loading screen.  Is this normal?

Also why in the hell can I not hit esc to bring up a system menu?
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 01, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »

I get to the Fileplanet download page with all the mirrors and all the links do is spawn another beta key page. Click download on that page and I'm back to the mirror page. It's a loop and I want to cut off someones head. I have 55 emails from fileplanet because every time I click a mirror it sends me to the beta page and generates another email.

IE and Firefox do the same thing. I've disable pop up blockers and the whole nine for both...

I'm downloading Safari right now but apparently the problem isn't browser specific.

Any ideas?

edit: safari is the same deal.  Its has to be either FP's problem or I'm just retarded.  I've killed damn near every process running on my box and I'm bashing my head against the wall.

edit 2: Other files download correctly from FP.  This is definitely their problem.  Best 7 dollars I've ever spent.

edit 3: I want the last hour of my life back.  I didn't change a damn thing and it started working.  I'm 100% sure this was a problem on FP's end.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:04:27 PM by Thry » Logged
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »

edit 3: I want the last hour of my life back.  I didn't change a damn thing and it started working.  I'm 100% sure this was a problem on FP's end.

Yes, it was on their end. I had the same problem (as did a bunch of people on FP forum) and it went away after an hour.

FP's downloading speed sucks though, it's at 450 KB/sec atm, while I am usually getting about 1MB/sec from other servers. So much for a paid unlimited bandwidth. I am so canceling this subscription.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: May 02, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »

Heh, as a former Technical Beta member I have been invited to the full Closed Beta.  No level restrictions for me, baby!  (and NDA is only in effect for level 13+ content)

Sandwiches do fix everything.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 02, 2008, 02:04:33 AM »

Ok, so hopefully YK can answer this question.

I get in to the game and create my character, screen pops up asking if I want to do the beach tutorial, I click yes, at which point I get a loading screen stating it is reading content.... 7 minutes later I finally get past the loading screen.  Is this normal?

No, that's not normal, but I expect with the flood of people joining beta this weekend, you're going to see plenty of crappy performance and slow load times. This is going to be one large stress test, and I have every idea you all are going to bring the servers to their knees.

As impressed as I was with the mega-patch they did a few weeks ago, I've been utterly unimpressed with the smaller patches they've done since then. They basically turned what was a very playable game with a bunch of minor bugs into a very unplayable game (unless you just love server disconnects and rollbacks) with a bunch of major bugs.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 02, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »

So this is still set to be on shelves by the end of May? So the gold candidate would be sent off for duplication say around the middle of the month?

Does that leave enough time to really change anything of significance?

Reading the IGN boards sure leaves you thinking that this game is along way from ready.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 02, 2008, 02:37:05 AM »

I really wish I could get a good picture of what normal every day performance will be like... tonight I was getting 8 FPS on low settings, 1280x1024.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: