http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 12:14:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After retrying various MMOs, I find Vanguard is now REALLY actually playable  (Read 9715 times)
Zimix
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 04:17:09 AM »

I just joined up today.  I was in Beta and hated it, but it looks to be much improved.  I'm actually quite impressed. 
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »

Is there a downloadable version available anywhere? I checked a few local stores in Toronto and they either don't have it or still sell it for $49.99, stupid bastards.

Not that I am taking timeout from AoC, just out of curiosity smile
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »

I'm not sure about downloadable versions frown

Maybe Direct2Drive? Though I don't have any experience with that, since they tend to have games be "US only".

---

Though I've greatly enjoyed Vanguard for the most part - I did encounter some pretty extreme problems during a quest in Kojan. It was one of the early level 10 quests, where you have to kill some ninja-like dudes in a big Rajin fortress. I'm not sure why, but the game simply became unplayable in that area - and it was impossible to do grouping there. I had some frustrating attempts on the boss with a few groups and decided I couldn't deal with that kind of issue right now.

I've read about some performance issues since they introduced the "anti-hitching" patch, and it seems to be related to buffs. However, most seem to agree that it's mostly related to the large raid area known as Ancient Port Warehouse.

I'm hoping my issue is due to that recent patch, and not a general problem in multiple areas.

As much as Vanguard has impressed me in its current state, I'm simply not willing to deal with that kind of stuff if it's common.

For now, I'm undecided whether I should stick with Vanguard, AoC, or both.

Both have issues and both have potential.

Tough choices frown

Oh - and I play on Halgar as it's the only EU server and it's running with a stable 100-150 ping, where I get 250-350 ping on US servers. I'm quite "ping-sensitive" so I don't feel like playing on Seradon, though i'd love to play with GT guys slywink
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 08:41:22 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 10, 2008, 03:08:46 PM

Is there a downloadable version available anywhere? I checked a few local stores in Toronto and they either don't have it or still sell it for $49.99, stupid bastards.

You can buy it online from Sony at $39.99, and then download it right away.  It took me about 2 hours to download the game.

Go to http://vanguard.station.sony.com/ and then click on the "Order Now" button towards the bottom of the screen.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 06:29:29 AM »

Where are you guys playing? anyone else on Seradon?

I've started a human(one of the 6311 different humans) warrrior now, and, eh..gotten him to level 4..in 4 hours! but you see...crafting is sOOOOOO much fun! I just HAD to do stuff with before I moved on with the adventuring part...

I can clearly see this game taking hold off me, until Conan delivers :-)

I'll talk about Conan in a conan thread though, instead of here ;-)

Anyways, the game runs smoothly for me, there's been a few glitches, but hey, what game doesnt come with a few glithes? The gameplay is fun,and the community is awesome! so much better than WoW and Conan...

Also, the devs seem pretty cool and are listening to the playerbase here, both in-game and out of game...always a nice experience.

My only gripe so far, is...GIEF MORE ALT-SLOTS!!

A new one
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 04:26:19 PM »

Quote from: Zimix on June 10, 2008, 08:41:22 PM

Quote from: StriderGG on June 10, 2008, 03:08:46 PM

You can buy it online from Sony at $39.99, and then download it right away.  It took me about 2 hours to download the game.

Go to http://vanguard.station.sony.com/ and then click on the "Order Now" button towards the bottom of the screen.

Thanks, Zimix.

I did a bit of a research about it and found that you could buy the game (a physical box) for $19.99 from a local EB Games (or Gamestop) store, it's currently not available in their online store.

Or you could buy a digital version from ebgames.com for $29.99 and download it (~17GB). I am not sure why the digital version is so much (50%) more expensive, considering there is no merchandise involved other than bandwidth. I don't think I am going to download it for $30 (or for $40 from SOE).
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »

I'd willing to try it again when they do another free trial.  The last one was meh.

morlac00 on PSN
Baroquen131
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 11, 2008, 04:26:19 PM

Thanks, Zimix.

I did a bit of a research about it and found that you could buy the game (a physical box) for $19.99 from a local EB Games (or Gamestop) store, it's currently not available in their online store.

Or you could buy a digital version from ebgames.com for $29.99 and download it (~17GB). I am not sure why the digital version is so much (50%) more expensive, considering there is no merchandise involved other than bandwidth. I don't think I am going to download it for $30 (or for $40 from SOE).

I was actually doing some other shopping and stumbled across the Vanguard Collector's Edition being sold by J&R Music and Computer World via Amazon.com for $12.97 (probably plus shipping). If anyone was thinking of checking the game out again, it might be a cheap option for someone.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 06:09:04 AM »

remember, all games come with one buddy key - collectors comes with 10!

Also, a Trial Island is in the works, for people who wants to try it.

Also, some guy bought 15!!! collectors edition, and is giving away free buddy keys here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=32939

A new one
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 07:54:52 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 08, 2008, 09:15:33 PM

I remember reading about that race or whatnot you picked - their starting quests are a total mess.

I think the Kojan continent is the one that's the most 'finished' out of the areas. Of course, the island only goes up to level 20 or so, but it's a nice, peaceful place. Feels 'elven' for lack of a better term.

If this long after the release, they can't fix the starting quests of one of the race then how can anyone have confident that they'll fix them or any other bugs? Why invest time in playing the game at all? I can understand if they don't have time to fix some obscure quests, but starting quests are those that almost every characters of that race need to deal with and should be first priority to fix.

DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on June 13, 2008, 07:54:52 AM

Quote from: Destructor on June 08, 2008, 09:15:33 PM

I remember reading about that race or whatnot you picked - their starting quests are a total mess.

I think the Kojan continent is the one that's the most 'finished' out of the areas. Of course, the island only goes up to level 20 or so, but it's a nice, peaceful place. Feels 'elven' for lack of a better term.

If this long after the release, they can't fix the starting quests of one of the race then how can anyone have confident that they'll fix them or any other bugs? Why invest time in playing the game at all? I can understand if they don't have time to fix some obscure quests, but starting quests are those that almost every characters of that race need to deal with and should be first priority to fix.

In my experience, having made several characters and tested most of the starter areas, the quests are pretty good and only very few of them have been buggy - and we're talking minor problems like having to occasionally relog to trigger completion.

The quests themselves vary from being ultra run-of-the-mill to really rather interesting. They're not LOTRO good, but they're pretty decent overall. I'd put them on par with WoW quests - though WoW had a somewhat more sophisticated scripting mechanism in place for the odd sequence. But in terms of lore and purpose, it's the same kind of thing only without the pop-culture references.

Many great MMOs have had quests that were buggy for months - or even years. I certainly know of a few quests in WoW that weren't fixed until 2 years post release.

I don't think the odd quirky quest is reason for not having any confidence in the team. But there's no doubt that the game is still a bit (nothing more, really) rough around the edges. Whether you can accept that or not is one thing, but if you know the history of the game and what it has gone through - you might be more positive in terms of its current condition.

I think it's safe to say that it's not the most polished game out there - but if you consider the scope and content of the game - coupled with the small team currently working on it - it's not bad at all.

I'd say if it was released as it is RIGHT NOW, it would be accepted as a solid and stable game with a few minor technical issues. It still wouldn't be a splash hit, because it's not aimed at the masses like AoC or WoW - but I suspect it'd carve out a nice enough chunk of the MMO population. I don't think 200K subscribers would be terribly unrealistic - but most likely not more than that.

Aside from the features I listed in the first post, I'll just reiterate that Vanguard is the ONLY MMO I've EVER played - where I felt exploration was truly rewarding. I mean that in the sense that you can discover some genuinely cool places that are both unique and contain potentially good rewards. Even WoW, with its emphasis on loot and the beautiful world of Azeroth - never had unique non-instanced dungeons that were worth a damn. Every other MMO world out there feels artificially restricted and bland in comparison.

Seeing as how it's so cheap right now, I think any starving MMO fan owes himself to try it out.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »

Many great MMOs have had quests that were buggy for months - or even years. I certainly know of a few quests in WoW that weren't fixed until 2 years post release.

While true, I agree with the previous poster, who said that starter quests (and areas in general) are of the utmost importance. If a game screws up the first impression, it will lose a lot of players. I leveled to lvl 43 in AoC before I've encountered my first broken quest.

-----------------------------

Anyway, I am weak and curious, so I bought Vanguard to see it for myself. It's probably the only major MMO I have never tried, so I had to see it, especially after all this buzz lately.

In short, I agree with Blackadar. As a newb (lvl 5), I am totally not impressed with any aspect of the game.

Graphics are meh. Certainly not bad in general, but not impressive either. Characters' graphics and especially animations are probably the worst I've seen in the last few years, landscape is pretty good, although textures seem pretty bland. I've set all graphics options to either Very High or High btw. Couldn't find antialiasing option though. NPCs and mods, similar to the PC character, are not done very well.

Performance is ok. With no tweaking whatsoever, framerates are ok(visually, which is the most important to me, I couldn't find an option to display FPS in game), although sometimes they would take a dive. There is an occasional hitching ranging from 0.5 sec to about 3 sec long on a few occasions, but it didn't annoy me much so far.

Music and sounds (ambient, combat) are meh as well. The only thing that can be said is that they are there. I think.

Character creation is bland - 3-4 faces, 3-4 haircuts, some sliders to make you slightly taller or wider and that's it.

No intro movie, there was some text in the begining, trying to set the mood, but I really didn't get what's going on and why. Not much introduction in-game either, you are immidietly sent to kill 8 wolves for no good reason other then "there is too many wolves around".

I rolled a Dread Knight class, Lesser Giant race on the northern continent (starts with a "T"). So I am in the world and the first thing I always do is check all the screens, character info, equipment, abilities, etc. I was VERY impressed by the quality of tooltips (obviously comparing them to AoC). Lots of relevant info, with lots of numbers and pretty much no fluff (I so much hate  stupid bullshit like "enemy is engolfed in a terrible flame, causing much pain and lowering its ability to fight", just give me numbers). There were a few bugs in the skill window, but no big deal.

I proceed to kill wolves and immidiately notice that one of my spells has no graphics, particles or sound effects. Nothing. The only way for me to know I actually cast something is by watching cooldowns get refreshed. I checked the forum and found another guy complaining about similar problem on his Cleric. The second rank of his spell was ok though, so I hope mine will have graphics eventually too.

After a few similar quests, I am sent to talk to some guy. I talk to him and he doesn't advance the quest. I check the forums again and apparently this quest is broken and requires a /petition to GM. While searching, I noticed similar problems reported by other newbs in other areas.

I file a /petition and continue working on other quests. At some pont though, the only available quest requires me to wear a lvl 5 charm (I am level 4), why they even gave this quest to me I don't know, but now I have no choice but either grind to lvl 5 or go to another outpost to complete a fedex quest. I choose to travel.

Yes, the world is big. And (at least in the newbie area I've seen) there is not that much stuff there. During a few minutes long run, I've seen a few mobs, a camp with some humanoid mobs in it (lvl 9 while I was lvl 4), some pillar and that's it. I totally believe DArtagnan when he says, it gets better later on, but I am talking about the newbie area I've seen and it's empty.

So after a bit of running, I leveled to 5 and I am on my way back to complete that lvl 5 quest I've got earlier. While running, I must have pressed the autoattack button by mistake, which was ok for a few minutes, until I ran by some NPC guard (who belongs to my faction too). My char hits him with autoattack I didn't even know was on, the guard kills me in three hits. Well done.

Thankfully, I respawn right where I was going to anyway and since I am under lvl 7, there is no death penalty. So I complete the quest, turn it in and the NPCs tells me "Now you are ready to complete Rites of Passage, go talk to that guy". I am approaching "that guy" expecting to receive some tough quest with a nice reward, but the guys goes "Oh that's you, Hedinn? Nice to see you again" and that's it. Talk about being disappointed.

Oh, I forgot to mention that in the middle of the above, the game crashed to the desktop (btw AoC haven't crashed once on me so far, although I did get a few disconnects there). When I got back I found that half of the options I've changed did not save. No all of them, half, which is weird.

----------------------

So after about 2 hours of fooling around, I went to bed with a mixed feeling. Based on the newbie experience, the game seems to be a pretty solid, albeit generic MMO. I've seen nothing to make me go "Wow!". Ive seen nothing to get me hooked on this game so far. Encountering broken quests this early, makes one worry if this is going to be a common problem throughout the game.

I haven't seen any character customization options - no talents, feats or anything, which is strange, but maybe I am missing something.

The game definitely doesn't give a good first impression. It doesn't feel like an almost 2 year old game, it feels like a beta. Maybe it's beause they are working on the Trial Isle content and don't want to bother fixing their existing low level content, but it's strange anyway, since this content doesn't get replaced, it will still be there to disappoint the new players they hope to attract.

Despite having less then encouraging first impressions, I will play it further, at least a few days more, since I gave my buddy key to a friend and he wanted to check it out as well. At least out of curiousity, while waiting for AoC to fix stats and itemization.

However, giving the choice of playing two buggy games, I would rather play AoC smile

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that according to the in-game chat yesterday, mail as well as the social server (whatever it is) were down, which also doesn't help to improve the first impression.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:20:19 PM by StriderGG » Logged
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »

That was a good post Strider smile

Looong too slywink

Anyway, I think it's a fair and objective enough perspective.

It's not going to wow you with anything technical - unless you think it's amazing to have such a vast world be seamless (which I do) - and it's not a game that is very good at showing its strengths.

My original post listed the strong points as I see them, and many of those require quite an investment of time to actually experience for yourself.

If those points don't really appeal to you, then I definitely understand why you'd have a "meh" reaction - as it's technically not that impressive. That said, I personally enjoy most of the character animations, but that's possibly because I prefer the rogue or the monk, who both have some pretty cool moves.

Anyway, it's clearly not a game for everyone and it won't even remotely compare with Age of Conan in terms of being "sexy" - because it ain't.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »

Anyway, it's clearly not a game for everyone and it won't even remotely compare with Age of Conan in terms of being "sexy" - because it ain't.

Well said. And that's why I am not ready to give up on it yet. I have a feeling that despite the rough edges, there might be something good about this game.

A good example is Diplomacy. It looks pretty cool and the idea behind it sounds, at the very least, interesting and original. The tutorial for it, though, is completely broken and there is not much info on it in-game (and what's there is terribly organized/presented).

Or the combat.While the main combat is pretty generic (based on a standard formula used in all games ever since EQ), there seems to be some interesting quirks to it, like Reaction and Opportunities. I have no idea what they mean or do, the game does not introduce them at all (at least so far), again it's just something that sounds like it could be fun.

I hate the minimap though, it doesn't really show anything. At the very least it should show the questgivers nearby, especially since some of them seem to be inside the houses and it gets old fast to check inside of 8 empty houses just to find a questgiver in the 9th one.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2008, 02:34:30 AM »

So, all of this has gotten me interested again.  Anyone have a spare buddy key?

EDIT: nevermind...my copy of the CE arrived and I'm now playing on Sera.  It's very different but after years of EQ2 and WoW (and being underwhelmed by LOTRO and AoC) I need different.  The INI tweaks made a huge difference as well and act as a good starting point.  I've started there and I'm slowly increasing graphics options while watching my performance and so far it's very good (with minor random hitching).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:06:31 PM by ericb » Logged
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »

I just wanted to say that I've got to play for another couple of hours yesterday. Haven't encountered any major bugs (other then BSOD on exit) and I certainly see the appeal. My Dread Knight is getting some pretty interesting skills, I had an interesting (challenging) quest to kill a tough mob. Surprisingly to myself, I can't wait to login again.
DireAussie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 10:07:38 AM »

No intro movie, there was some text in the begining, trying to set the mood, but I really didn't get what's going on and why. Not much introduction in-game either, you are immidietly sent to kill 8 wolves for no good reason other then "there is too many wolves around".

One of the things that really bummed me on release was their lore.  They had a fair number of stories on their web site setting the background on Thestra.  When Qalia was first released there were people complaining that Thestra was sub-par compared to Qalia.  It really wasnt that bad, granted it needed a large amount polishing, but rather than changing what need to be changed they totally revamped it and in the process destroyed all the lore they had written on the area.  After that there was no plans for a grand story or even a general theme, just a bunch of ideas loosely thrown together.

VG is full of "could have been, would have been", it all comes down to the fact they tried to do so much, no wonder the result was a world which was half done.  Regardless, I had fun in beta and I'm tempted to come back and try it again.

I'd be interested to know how much sony paid for vanguard.  I'm thinking it must have been at a bargain price.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 14, 2008, 03:47:11 PM

I just wanted to say that I've got to play for another couple of hours yesterday. Haven't encountered any major bugs (other then BSOD on exit) and I certainly see the appeal. My Dread Knight is getting some pretty interesting skills, I had an interesting (challenging) quest to kill a tough mob. Surprisingly to myself, I can't wait to login again.

+1

My experience as well - really liking it so far! the skills are really, really interesting, and the crafting is awesome...one bad thing, though...I died, and tried to "Collect" my body via the altar...apparently, that does NOT get you your stuff...sigh...crafting stuff all gone

A new one
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 05:52:37 PM »

Well, all the talk here had me resubscribe to this, and I agree, it has changed a lot since it first got released.  Things run very well on my machine and I'm really enjoying the variety of races and classes this game offers....though I still miss not having tails on the furries slywink

Since I enjoy reading about the games I play while I'm at work...hence my love of these forums, I ended up reading some of the different threads in the official forums.  One thing I found interesting was talk about a /setfog command.  What this does is expand your distance, lifting some of the fog ( though leaving distance fog intact ) and making the game even prettier than it already was.

This setting isn't saved, though, so must be either retyped, or set into a macro to be reused each session.  The suggested parameters is as follows: /setfog 200000, 400000, 120, 120, 240

All I can say is to try it out.  It didn't affect my performance, but definitely improved the look of the game.

Enjoy!

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »

I've seen a different recommendation: /setfog -1,400000,120,120,120

It's important to have no spaces after commas in your macro.

The "400000" in our macros is the "no fog" distance in cantimeters, so it's 4 km or about 2.5 miles. I am not sure about other numbers.

It does look much better with no fog IMO. So much better I wonder why it's not defaulted to or at the very least there should be a slider available.

After playing a few days, I have to say that Vanguard is a very impressive game. It has LOTS of bugs (and very weird ones, like my friend not able to run it anymore after one of the crashes), and some flaws, but it's fun.

None of my friends liked it though, so I'd say it's definitely not for everyone. frown

However, I wonder why "the world is so big" is always mentioned as a good thing about the game. I think all those vast distances full of "nothingness" are a design flaw and the game world would have felt much tighter and alive if it were 2 times smaller.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »

Still playing on the "RP" server here, Seradon, and loving it! have 8, sigh, toons, between level 4 and 9 now...and want MORE slots!! :-D

anyways, let me know if anyone plays there, and want to hook up

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 17, 2008, 06:09:50 PM

However, I wonder why "the world is so big" is always mentioned as a good thing about the game. I think all those vast distances full of "nothingness" are a design flaw and the game world would have felt much tighter and alive if it were 2 times smaller.

Agreed. I remember one time when I was close to leveling, and I just wanted to whack on a few mobs to ding. I couldn't find any! And it wasn't because other players had killed them - there just weren't ANY mobs to kill!

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 17, 2008, 07:38:30 PM

Still playing on the "RP" server here, Seradon, and loving it! have 8, sigh, toons, between level 4 and 9 now...and want MORE slots!! :-D

anyways, let me know if anyone plays there, and want to hook up

I'm on Seradon.. Character name is Zimix.. Playing a Shaman..
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »

I'll look for you, Zimix!

I'n other news...I just reached lvl 10, and bought a frikkin' horse! Tremble, world, for I am mounted now!!

A new one
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 02:23:02 PM »

How is it soloing in the new Vanguard.  I'm not going to be able to entice my friends for a bit, so if it's not solo friendly, I might still take a pass.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on June 30, 2008, 02:23:02 PM

How is it soloing in the new Vanguard.  I'm not going to be able to entice my friends for a bit, so if it's not solo friendly, I might still take a pass.

Well, "solo-friendly" is a very subjective term. Supposedly, all classes can level up to the cap solo, some better, some worse. It won't be fast or as efficient as grouping, you will have to be careful and pick your fights, but it should be doable. Theoretically, because I don't think anyone tried to level up 100% solo it in VG.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:39 AM »

IT'S ALIIIIVEEEE!

Someone over at Qt3 mentioned they were playing Vanguard, and being the weak willed person I am, I thought why not.

I subscribed since I had the entire sunday for myself. Yeah, I'm hooked. Its a brilliant world, and flying a Pegasus is just such damn fun.

I didn't remember a single thing about my characters, so restarted a bard, which lets me COMPOSE MY OWN DAMN SONGS, from a number of different skill types. That means, I can make my own damn group buffs, thank you very much.

I of course instantly made an alt, since thats how I roll - A Psionicist, and you know what? Us Psionicist have a buff called Hivemind or somesuch, that gives me recharging of mana, but thats not all. What this also does, is that EVERY single Psionicist that has this buff, has god-damn secret chat channel, called "Mind" - how brilliant is that?

Yeah, so much good stuff in the game, that its a shame development has all but stopped.

They tried one last time, with the Trial Island  but I fear it did not take off. So, try out the free Trial Island, and see if you are not interested. I'm on the US server Telon, in case anyone wants some help with The Temple! ;-)

A new one
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46:18 AM »

I'm not playing Vanguard now, enmeshed in Rift, but thought I'd plug the website that I cowrote. It's a rather exhaustive guide to the many, many Vanguard dungeons.

http://dungeonguru.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »

So do you ever see any other players in there?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »

Sure - plenty of people playing the game still - subs are probably below 10.000 by now, but its fine.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:14 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 18, 2011, 06:27:39 AM

I didn't remember a single thing about my characters, so restarted a bard, which lets me COMPOSE MY OWN DAMN SONGS, from a number of different skill types. That means, I can make my own damn group buffs, thank you very much.

that actually sounds pretty cool.  can't you do something like that in LotRO though?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »

Quote from: Gryndyl on April 18, 2011, 08:46:18 AM

I'm not playing Vanguard now, enmeshed in Rift, but thought I'd plug the website that I cowrote. It's a rather exhaustive guide to the many, many Vanguard dungeons.

http://dungeonguru.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

so, where's you're Rift page?  get to work Slacker!

Because I can,
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »

YEAH!, you tell him!

icon_lol
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 05:54:02 AM »

Anyways - a lot of Qt3 people are signing up, in case you wanna jump in. The player population just doubled ;-)

A new one
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »

The free 45 days welcome back thing hasgotten me to download this.  Loved the ideas into this but haven tried it in years.  I'll roll someting up on Telon.

morlac00 on PSN
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 05:03:41 PM »

Awesome - Let me know when and what you'll play :-)

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 11:17:15 PM »

Quote from: morlac on May 15, 2011, 05:02:17 PM

The free 45 days welcome back thing hasgotten me to download this.  Loved the ideas into this but haven tried it in years.  I'll roll someting up on Telon.

So wait, this is for all people who have ever subscribed before and don't have active accounts? Or is the 45 days only for those who were subscribed during the downtime?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 03:04:49 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 15, 2011, 11:17:15 PM

Quote from: morlac on May 15, 2011, 05:02:17 PM

So wait, this is for all people who have ever subscribed before and don't have active accounts? Or is the 45 days only for those who were subscribed during the downtime?

The 45 days are good if you have ever subscribed in the past even if it was cancelled at the time of the outage.  I noticed my EQ2 and Vanguard subs are both active now even though both have been cancelled close to a year.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2011, 03:22:52 AM »

I can confirm that the 45 days is for all accounts.  and jeebus, how did I end up with 5 names associated with Station?

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 16, 2011, 03:22:52 AM

I can confirm that the 45 days is for all accounts.  and jeebus, how did I end up with 5 names associated with Station?

Also, if i am understanding correctly you have until August something to use up the 45 days for each.

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: