http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:48:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few more COH questions.  (Read 1713 times)
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2005, 05:28:53 PM »

1. Why do missions? Not to be snarky, but the one's I've seen are generic and even more boring than hunting outdoors.

2. Why can't missions be shared? Or can they? If I help someone do a mission, why won't the contact give me credit for it? Why doesn't COH allow mission sharing, like WOW does.

3. What is the importance of badges? Is it just rpg?

4. Can inspirations be sold anywhere?

5. Is 6 slotted Hover decent enough to travel with? I'd like to save the power slot, I'd use for Fly, for something else.

Thanks
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 08:29:29 PM »

1. Some are cool, the ones with the environments modified by the gang you are fighting, plus they are worth a large chunk of XP at the end.

2. Not really sure about.  I think everyone involved gets the chunk of XP at the end, which is why other people will help with your missions.

3. I've heard that certain combinations of badges give you stat bonuses.  So that is a reason to get badges.  Plus it is a nice reward to get while you are doing something.  I still get a little flash of excitement when I get a badge.  "Oooh! What is it?"

4. No

5. Most definately not.  The only reason to slot out hover would be to slot it for defensive purposes, and I am not even sure that it can take defense enhancements.  It would be a horrible waste of slots, in my opinion, to slot out hover for travel purposes.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 09:39:39 PM »

Next question. Is it possible for a level 9 Blaster to solo anywhere?
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 10:03:04 PM »

Parts of King's Row.  That is usually where I spend my time until level 15.  Just attack groups of blues and the occasional lone yellow, and you will be okay.  Solo is slower if you want to be safe.  Otherwise, jump into some groups.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 11:56:37 AM »

Quote from: "Raven"
Next question. Is it possible for a level 9 Blaster to solo anywhere?

Yes, in those missions you said you don't want to do. Why? Because you will have groups of controlled size at the correct level and won't waste time looking for stuff to fight, plus you'll get the mission bonuses.

Also, 6-slot hover is not such a terrible idea. It won't ever be very fast, but more people are going this route because of PvP I think.

If you teamed a lot and got credit for every one else's missions, you could run out of missions to do in a a hurry.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 01:21:31 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
If you teamed a lot and got credit for every one else's missions, you could run out of missions to do in a a hurry.

Keep in mind that CoH's mission systme is more akin to WoW's quest chains off the same NPC as well.  In CoH you're progressing through a series of missions that tell a story.  Just like you can't share a quest with someone in WoW who hasn't completed the necessary pre-req quests, it wouldn't make much sense to be able to share a mission in CoH that's in the middle of a story arc.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 03:22:01 PM »

So far, I am not impressed with tha mission system, at all. Of course, I'm not that impressed with COH, period. I like the character design and flexability, but everything else sucks.

Oh, and they really need to allow easier re-specs. I wonder how many customers they've lost, simply because they didn't have any interest in going through the grind again.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 12:26:30 AM »

Do yourself a favor. Quit playing now. Seriously.

If you think the early levels are a "grind" then this is not a game you're going to enjoy.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 10:52:34 AM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Do yourself a favor. Quit playing now. Seriously.

If you think the early levels are a "grind" then this is not a game you're going to enjoy.

Oh, I have no intention of playing past my free month. Don't worry about that.
Randomayhem
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 01:01:52 PM »

That's a relief...you would have been fighting gangsters for another 10 levels anyway, and foregoing a travel power would have left you seriously hamstrung.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: