http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 08:38:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A cool idea for WoW  (Read 1759 times)
Gryndyl
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2004, 06:47:12 PM »

So I'm posting this here in the vague hope that tinyogre reads all of the Wow threads, will think it's a cool idea and pass it along to the folks in charge of implementing cool ideas  Cool

The idea: Guild Tabards for mounts, so you can have that draped jousting look for your ride. As well as being another money sink of course Tongue

Someone in my guild came up with this notion so I can't claim credit for this one but promised I'd try and pass it along smile

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 07:14:39 PM »

I would rather them work on fixing login...tabard doesn't mean anything if you can't play.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 07:53:39 PM »

I think it would be cool to have guild insignas on the front of shields.

Also would be cool to have a flag/standard with your guild insigna on it. All your guildmates, when within a certain radius of it would gain benifits (like bonus vs. fear, strength boost).
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 08:07:58 PM »

Quote from: "Console Games Best Player"
I would rather them work on fixing login...tabard doesn't mean anything if you can't play.

??  

I had trouble one time, when everyone was having trouble, but it was back up in no time.

Go Gunners...
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 08:36:19 PM »

Quote from: "Console Games Best Player"

I'm pretty sure their network team is not the same team responsible for coding new features.

Good idea, I like it too.

Something else I'd like to see:  A page on your guild tab that shows your characters professions.  It's hard trying to remember who has what.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 09:00:05 PM »

You can see the professions on the guild page...I saw them last night when I brought up the guild list from a new one I joined.  Listed name, level, professions and when they were last on.

I would like to see the invisible enemies "feature" removed.  It's no fun being attacked by something you can't see.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 09:22:36 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
You can see the professions on the guild page...I saw them last night when I brought up the guild list from a new one I joined.  Listed name, level, professions and when they were last on.

I would like to see the invisible enemies "feature" removed.  It's no fun being attacked by something you can't see.

Ahh, so that's what happened to me last night.  I thought it was a bug.  I was randomly clicking around me, trying to "find" the enemy that I thought just wasn't showing onscreen for me.  I was just about to run when the bear suddenly "appeared" out of nowhere.  I just assumed it was a bug, though ...
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 10:00:08 PM »

Is this new?  Or does your guild make their guild notes their profession?
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 10:00:13 PM »

Pretty sure that's a lag related issue, but I could be totally wrong Tongue I see it most often on ranged pulls with my hunter. I'll shoot something, it will come charging up and then continue right on past me, running off into the hills somewhere. Meanwhile, my pet has stopped right next to me and is fighting it and the game considers the mob to be in melee range. Usually I'm able to jump into the fight simply by positioning myself to face the same way that my pet is and it usually reappears as it dies.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 10:18:57 PM »

Quote from: "leo8877"

Is this new?  Or does your guild make their guild notes their profession?

Ah, you and your damn logic.  Anyway class was listed but professions listed as notes like you said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: