http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 11:14:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 43901 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 12, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 12, 2010, 11:20:50 PM

pretty sure you can't command your pet until later when you get the passive ability allowing it.

The buttons are not greyed out and will highlight. It's wierd. Guess I need to do some searching.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 12, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »

other than those, Passive is the option you want.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on December 12, 2010, 10:49:16 PM

Well here my impressions of the Cataclysm expansion.   Not impressed.  
  For the people with established characters, there really isnt much to be excited about, leveling wise.  You can power level to the top level in very little time, compared to previous expansions.  Then all you have is end game.  I was hoping for more.
  They really made crafting and gathering a major time sink as well but left it as unispiring as ever.  Archeology could have been something fun and interesting but instead its boring and time consuming.  Where Cataclysm shines is in the revamped old world content.  Yay, they improved the old levels that 11 million accounts have already finished.  Thats not expansion, thats a glorified patch.
  I remember when WOTLK came out,  its seemed so much more than before.  A whole new continent, lots of visually impressive new areas, 10 levels that actually took awhile to get through.   Cataclysm seems to be so much less than that.
 Granted its only been out less than a week  ( and over 1/2 my guild is max level )  and maybe it will really shine in end game content.  Time will tell, but in the time Ive spent with it so far, Im quite disappointed.  WoW may be the king of MMO's but the crown is looking tarnished and shaky to me.
I think one of their big design motivations for Cataclysm was to get old subscribers back, and some new ones to start.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 13, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »

For the people with established characters, there really isnt much to be excited about, leveling wise.

I completely disagree.  Leveling from 80 to 85 was really enjoyable and the questing just shows how far blizzard has come in 6 years.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 13, 2010, 01:26:58 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 13, 2010, 12:49:27 AM

For the people with established characters, there really isnt much to be excited about, leveling wise.

I completely disagree.  Leveling from 80 to 85 was really enjoyable and the questing just shows how far blizzard has come in 6 years.

I'm glad you enjoyed the 3-4 days of leveling they gave you.  For me that short of a time seems very low.  My point wasn't that the experience was bad.  There are some fun and interesting quest lines but when you pay for an expansion that you max out the level on in 3 days, that seems a bit weak to me.  As I said earlier I'm hoping that the end game proves to be more robust because otherwise Ill feel somewhat ripped off.   It seems that they put the majority of their efforts in rebuilding the 0-60 game and making long time subscribers pay for whats basically a rebuild seems disingenuous at best. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 13, 2010, 02:34:40 AM »

Don't forget the altaholics that have two new races to play with. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 13, 2010, 02:43:54 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on December 13, 2010, 01:26:58 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed the 3-4 days of leveling they gave you.  For me that short of a time seems very low.  My point wasn't that the experience was bad.  There are some fun and interesting quest lines but when you pay for an expansion that you max out the level on in 3 days, that seems a bit weak to me.  As I said earlier I'm hoping that the end game proves to be more robust because otherwise Ill feel somewhat ripped off.   It seems that they put the majority of their efforts in rebuilding the 0-60 game and making long time subscribers pay for whats basically a rebuild seems disingenuous at best. 

Dude, to hit 85 in 3 days you would have to be playing pretty hardcore. I was playing almost all day everyday, except for one day I was busy, in order to hit 85 today. Most of my real life friends who are playing aren't even 83 yet.

Anyways, I love the expansion so far. Gorgeous zones and much better questing. Looking forward to the end-game content.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:57 AM »

I'm levelling from scratch, a few new characters and I love the new...eh, thats probably Patch then, since all that content isnt really part of Cataclysm.

As for only 5 fast levels in the new expansion, thats not all you get, is it? You get two new races, two new starting areas, new raids, new professions as well, right?

But yeah, it does seem like this is the expansion/patch to get people back to the game, and not so much an expansion of the gameplay itself.

A new one
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »

The revamped 0-60 is free.

Ale
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2010, 10:13:11 AM »

game starts at 85. leveling is a chore. glad i finished it in 2 days. heroics and such are much more fun.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »

not really - I love levelling new toons - especially with the new content...its incredibly fun to watch the new stories and places unfold actually... loving it!

A new one
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2010, 12:10:36 PM »

Yeah, I have to agree.  WoW has been about the end game since before the first expansion.  The new lands are great, quests mostly bug free and the dungeons are actually hard again with more than a AOE everything run as fast as possible mechanic.  And while a lot of people are 85 there are still the majority who are weeks away (or months) from hitting 85...especially people with multiple characters (I have 8 80+ characters).  Honestly the new harder dungeons (and raids) and flying in the old world made the expansion worth it with everything else just being a bonus.
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »

For the people with established characters, there really isn't much to be excited about, leveling wise.  You can power level to the top level in very little time, compared to previous expansions.  Then all you have is end game.  I was hoping for more.

This is the same argument I've heard hardcore players make since the game launched, and it's still just as ignorant.  I don't think they get that Blizzard's core customer base are casual players.  I've never understood how they can power through all the content, barely taking breaks to sleep or eat, then bitch when  it's all over in a couple days or weeks.   Roll Eyes

Quote from: jersoc on December 13, 2010, 10:13:11 AM

game starts at 85. leveling is a chore. glad i finished it in 2 days. heroics and such are much more fun.

+1  This has been the consensus since the game launched; the level cap has always been where the real game starts.  Leveling characters is fun, especially with how they've streamlined everything, but the end game is what I'm looking forward to.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:53:29 PM by Glycerine » Logged

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »

Quote from: Glycerine on December 13, 2010, 12:48:20 PM

For the people with established characters, there really isn't much to be excited about, leveling wise.  You can power level to the top level in very little time, compared to previous expansions.  Then all you have is end game.  I was hoping for more.

This is the same argument I've heard hardcore players make since the game launched, and it's still just as ignorant.  I don't think they get that Blizzard's core customer base are casual players.  I've never understood how they can power through all the content, barely taking breaks to sleep or eat, then bitch when  it's all over in a couple days or weeks.   Roll Eyes

+1  This has been the consensus since the game launched; the level cap has always been where the real game starts.  Leveling characters is fun, especially with how they've streamlined everything, but the end game is what I'm looking forward to.

Well seriously make up your mind!  First you argue for casual leveling and then you argue for end game.  And you call me ignorant?!
  BTW your first comment completely missed the point.  I havent power leveled through this thing, in fact due to work and other obligations Ive barely put in more than a couple hours a day into leveling.  Im am almost to level 84, without any power leveling at all.  My point is that compared to the 2 previous expansions, you spend very little time leveling the new levels.  I dont care whether youre casual, hard core or insane, it is going to be over very quickly when compared to WOTLK or BC.  I fully understand that Blizzard needs to cater to where the money comes from, they are after all a business.  Still minimizing the later levels and pushing end game all that much faster does just the opposite.  It caters to the hard core raiders and not the casual player.  You know, the guys who crank the leveling out in one or two days.  Hell, I read somewhere that a person hit 85 release day.  It took him about 6 or 7 hours.  Anyway, a person can easily max out a toon from 80 to 85 in a week, without power leveling.  I enjoyed end game content in WOTLK, Im sure Ill enjoy end game in Cata, I just expected that the journey to get there would take a bit longer. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 13, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32004/World_of_Warcraft_Cataclysm_Sells_33M_In_24_Hours.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GamasutraNews+%28Gamasutra+News%29&utm_content=Twitter

3.3 million in 24 hrs
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 13, 2010, 06:28:28 PM »

Honestly, I've been leveling my Worgen and Goblin instead of hitting the 80+ content.  My Shaman just hit 81 yesterday and I promptly parked him in Org for the rest XP cap.   I'm in no real rush for 85

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 13, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »

I'm on a res scroll at the moment.  I picked up LK on the sale for $10.  My 70 rogue is in the port city working on quests, and I've started an orc hunter.  I'm more than happy to stay out of the way of all the new content, as I imagine that I'll pretty much have the places to myself.

joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 13, 2010, 10:48:27 PM »

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:03:38 PM by joeyjazz » Logged
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 14, 2010, 07:23:26 AM »

What's the cheapest way to get everything for a new player?  Would I even need "everything"?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 14, 2010, 07:59:23 AM »

I just saw a lvl 85 worgen deathknight. now being  a DK he started at lvl 55 but come on! 30 lvls since the exp came out????

EDIT race change..new to me..have to look it up.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:23:26 AM by Daehawk » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 14, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 13, 2010, 06:41:36 PM

I'm on a res scroll at the moment. 

res scroll?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 14, 2010, 08:13:59 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2010, 08:00:00 AM

res scroll?

You can go to the account management page and click on the scroll of resurrection and send someone who has played in the past a few free days to try the game again. 

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »

totally missed that there is a profession training machine in the Town-in-a-box.  It doesn't show up on tracking and the devs are acting like people are idiots for not finding something hidden in a building that doesn't show up on the minimap as being what it is. frown
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on December 14, 2010, 08:13:59 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2010, 08:00:00 AM

res scroll?

You can go to the account management page and click on the scroll of resurrection and send someone who has played in the past a few free days to try the game again. 

Now with a link!

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 14, 2010, 03:30:26 PM

totally missed that there is a profession training machine in the Town-in-a-box.  It doesn't show up on tracking and the devs are acting like people are idiots for not finding something hidden in a building that doesn't show up on the minimap as being what it is. frown

Yeah, I found this by accident just like I found the Worgen equivalent by accident. Loving the Goblin races so far.  Personal Bank are nice addition

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 15, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »

welp, i knew holy paladins had it too good. fucking nerfed so hard. time to try out the changes and see how bad they really are. but i have a strong feeling we can no longer heal an entire party again.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »

That's a pretty right-brained attitude about it. I like questing more after my main caps, when I'm not in a hurry.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 15, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »

wow, the goblin starting quests are pretty meh.  it feels like it's taking forever to level, 2 hours in and I haven't hit 8 yet whereas my Worgen was 8 in 90 minutes.  and now i have to kill 100 plants to further the story.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:46:48 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 15, 2010, 11:30:09 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 15, 2010, 09:36:21 AM

I completely disagree.  Leveling from 80 to 85 was really enjoyable and the questing just shows how far blizzard has come in 6 years.

I'm glad you enjoyed the 3-4 days of leveling they gave you.  For me that short of a time seems very low.  My point wasn't that the experience was bad.  There are some fun and interesting quest lines but when you pay for an expansion that you max out the level on in 3 days, that seems a bit weak to me.  As I said earlier I'm hoping that the end game proves to be more robust because otherwise Ill feel somewhat ripped off.   It seems that they put the majority of their efforts in rebuilding the 0-60 game and making long time subscribers pay for whats basically a rebuild seems disingenuous at best.  

That's a pretty right-brained attitude about it. I like questing more after my main caps, when I'm not in a hurry.

eh? to each their own, but raiding is way more fun and challenging imo.

paladin changes aren't that bad. light of dawn shouldn't have been a 40% reduction, 25 at most. It's almost worthless. Still did just fine in heroics as long as people didn't do dumb shit.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 15, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 24, 2010, 08:12:43 PM

I'm not exploring the new Azeroth too much yet, I want to save that for when I roll my Goblin. The starting zone for Goblins is fantastic and by far the best starting zone I've played.

I'll have to disagree on this one, it's probably the stupidest thing I've seen in a game.  Collecting bling?  getting the gang together in the hot rod?  wining the big football game?  insurance fraud? bomb tossing monkeys?  black ops assassin's?  it felt like it was plotted out by a monkey tossing darts at a wall full of ideas, and I'm not even done with it yet.  I'm never, ever, ever ever ever evereverevereverevereverever rolling a Goblin again.

[edit] oh, and I forgot- a pool party? /facepalm
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:21:28 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 15, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 15, 2010, 04:19:10 PM

I'm not exploring the new Azeroth too much yet, I want to save that for when I roll my Goblin. The starting zone for Goblins is fantastic and by far the best starting zone I've played.

I'll have to disagree on this one, it's probably the stupidest thing I've seen in a game.  Collecting bling?  getting the gang together in the hot rod?  wining the big football game?  insurance fraud? bomb tossing monkeys?  black ops assassin's?  it felt like it was plotted out by a monkey tossing darts at a wall full of ideas, and I'm not even done with it yet.  I'm never, ever, ever ever ever evereverevereverevereverever rolling a Goblin again.

I actually thought it was pretty fun and it seems to fit in with those wacky goblins.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »

2 hours to get to the plant killing part isn't the game's fault slywink

I did enjoy the goblin start just because it fits in the flavor of the goblins.  Goblins have always been Blizzard's tie to pop culture and modern technology and these goblins on their little isolated island are all modern.  I especially chuckled at the goblin supermodels spraying gas on each other at the pump.  Even more so when I noticed they were in the guild 'Ridiculously Good Looking'.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 15, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »

Would you rather just have the plain old kill quests that have been done forever?  Isn't that what everyone's criticism of MMOs has always been, that the quests are always the same thing?

I applaud Blizzard for trying completely different types of quest mechanics.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 15, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on December 15, 2010, 04:57:11 PM

Would you rather just have the plain old kill quests that have been done forever?  Isn't that what everyone's criticism of MMOs has always been, that the quests are always the same thing?

if it means less stupidity?  yes dear lord yes!

Because I can,
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 15, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 15, 2010, 04:35:27 PM

2 hours to get to the plant killing part isn't the game's fault slywink

I did enjoy the goblin start just because it fits in the flavor of the goblins.  Goblins have always been Blizzard's tie to pop culture and modern technology and these goblins on their little isolated island are all modern.  I especially chuckled at the goblin supermodels spraying gas on each other at the pump.  Even more so when I noticed they were in the guild 'Ridiculously Good Looking'.

Zoolander!  and no the monkey will not jump on my back and drag me back into WoW, he will not!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 15, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 15, 2010, 05:00:41 PM

Quote from: KePoW on December 15, 2010, 04:57:11 PM

if it means less stupidity?  yes dear lord yes!

CK, surely you realize that you of all people asking for less stupidity is somewhat ironic? 

YEEEEAAAAAHHEEAHAHAAA!  or something...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 15, 2010, 06:38:45 PM »

Yeah, if I think it's stupid that's saying something

Cool

Like 'it's stupid'.

icon_biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 16, 2010, 02:23:13 AM »

a list of recent hotfixes.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 16, 2010, 03:38:53 AM »

picked my Worgen back up tonight, not sure how much further I have in the starting story though.    I just assassinated 2 lords.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 16, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »

You know, with all the stuff thats been happening over the last few years, and how much the game has changed, with spaceships, protoss races, rocketships and so on, I suspect they are slowly morphing the game into World of Starcraft

At lvl 110, you'll get your own spaceship!

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: