http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 10:44:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 43904 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 08, 2010, 07:06:07 AM »

Got to 82, I've been playing all day. Eyes are strained, my elbows and ass hurt... I physically can't play anymore  retard

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:43 AM »

Some people had 20-25 quests in the quest book, ready to turn in - which gives a nice headstart.

Anyways - how are people finding the new content? Anyone doing Archeology?

A new one
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 08, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on December 08, 2010, 07:38:43 AM

Some people had 20-25 quests in the quest book, ready to turn in - which gives a nice headstart.

Worgen zone is pretty fun, but I still think the BE Zone tops it still.  I haven't played the Goblin yet, but I'm hearing its the best so far

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2010, 02:10:59 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on December 08, 2010, 07:38:43 AM

Archeology is pretty nice and it gives a good chunk of experience.  Each finding at each digsite (3 per site) was giving me around 7-9k exp at 81.  Took me a few minutes to get used to it but it's really easy once you do.  Each finding is still giving 1 point to skill up at this point though I'm sure that will change.  I haven't found enough of any one thing yet to actually research it though.

The new content is great.  I really like the design of both but I will say the underwater start area was much slower than the mount hyjal area.  It picked up after the first fifteen or so quests though.  Graphics are beautiful and the mobs hit like speeding dump trucks. 
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

I thought the Worgen starting zone was one of the best quest sequences I've played in a MMO.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »

Skinning was stupid. 1st underwater zone skin everything everyone left and hit 525 as i did the quests, bit disappointing really.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 08, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »

That reminds me of when I was working on skinning.  For resources, I would go to a lower level zone and follow around a level-appropriate guy.  If he wasn't working on skinning, I'd play overwatch and wait for him to move off a defeated creature and then skin it.  If he got into trouble by getting mobbed, I'd pull off any extra aggro critters to keep him alive.  Symbiosis at its best.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 08, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »

these quests are amazing so far. lvl 84 and you need 9.1k to lvl  icon_lol crybaby

i've done 2 instances so far and they are challenging, but not OMGHARD. I've had a pug or 2 in every group and people generally seem to be aware you can't ae shit anymore.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 09, 2010, 01:02:51 AM »

Quote from: ericb on December 08, 2010, 02:10:59 PM

Archeology is pretty nice and it gives a good chunk of experience.  Each finding at each digsite (3 per site) was giving me around 7-9k exp at 81.  Took me a few minutes to get used to it but it's really easy once you do.  Each finding is still giving 1 point to skill up at this point though I'm sure that will change.  I haven't found enough of any one thing yet to actually research it though.

Where do you have to go to start finding sites once you have the skill?  I assume back to the starting zones?  Then do you go there and use the shovel icon to try to locate the sites?

I made 82 earlier today and I have to say I am really loving the new content.  I went the ocean route instead of Mt. Hyjal.  They really created a beautiful underwater environment and I love zipping around on my seahorse.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 09, 2010, 01:02:51 AM

Quote from: ericb on December 08, 2010, 02:10:59 PM

Archeology is pretty nice and it gives a good chunk of experience.  Each finding at each digsite (3 per site) was giving me around 7-9k exp at 81.  Took me a few minutes to get used to it but it's really easy once you do.  Each finding is still giving 1 point to skill up at this point though I'm sure that will change.  I haven't found enough of any one thing yet to actually research it though.

Where do you have to go to start finding sites once you have the skill?  I assume back to the starting zones?  Then do you go there and use the shovel icon to try to locate the sites?

I made 82 earlier today and I have to say I am really loving the new content.  I went the ocean route instead of Mt. Hyjal.  They really created a beautiful underwater environment and I love zipping around on my seahorse.

Zoom out your map to the continent level, and 4 shovel icons will appear. Go to that zone and the dig site will appear in red. You will only have 4 sites per continent at once.

Ale
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 09, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »

and hit 85 a few hours ago. now the fun really begins!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 09, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »

Quote from: Alefroth on December 09, 2010, 01:28:19 AM

Zoom out your map to the continent level, and 4 shovel icons will appear. Go to that zone and the dig site will appear in red. You will only have 4 sites per continent at once.

Ale

Thanks for the tip.  I went and did some archaeology work and managed to put together a troll artifact.  Definitely a little more interesting than running around doing mining nodes and will be neat to see what you can piece together at higher levels.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 09, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »

What is the 'trick' to levelling up quickly?  I'm pretty much solo questing along with world pvp if it happens. (low pop right now so not much of that)  I'm fully rested and questing pretty quickly and it still takes me 6-7 hours a level at 69.  Seems way too long compared to everyone else.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:17 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 09, 2010, 04:47:14 PM

Seems way too long compared to everyone else.

It can never be too long!   icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_twisted
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2010, 12:58:48 AM »

I'm in the same boat as Hark.  Leveling my mage and warlock from 62 to 65 seemed to take forever - I don't want to imagine what it's gonna take when I start nearing 70.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 10, 2010, 05:02:07 AM »

well i started up a Worgen Hunter, and have to say the starting area is pretty cool so far.  I hit level 8 in 90 minutes, think I might have to slow down  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 10, 2010, 05:53:05 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 10, 2010, 05:02:07 AM

well i started up a Worgen Hunter, and have to say the starting area is pretty cool so far.  I hit level 8 in 90 minutes, think I might have to slow down  icon_wink

OK, finally broke ten on a toon since I resubbed a couple of months ago.. woo... I'm spent.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:47 AM »

you disgust me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:16 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on December 10, 2010, 08:55:47 AM

you disgust me.

I know, I know... here someone put all that hard work into the starting areas and here I am blowing through them without any regard.

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2010, 12:58:38 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 09, 2010, 04:47:14 PM

What is the 'trick' to levelling up quickly?  I'm pretty much solo questing along with world pvp if it happens. (low pop right now so not much of that)  I'm fully rested and questing pretty quickly and it still takes me 6-7 hours a level at 69.  Seems way too long compared to everyone else.

If you have rested XP use the dungeon finder to run instances, you'll go through your rested XP really fast. Also, don't participate in world PVP. Does nothing for your XP bar.

Try and do as many quests in the general area at a time before turning quests in, so you have multiple to turn in rather than 1 at a time.

Also, enjoy the game! Don't just think of it as a level grind, take in the sights and become intimate with your character.

Sean Lama
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 11, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »

I hit 84 last night but with finals coming up this week my leveling will come to a grinding halt, hoping to hit 85 by the end of the weekend.

Sean Lama
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 11, 2010, 01:00:22 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on December 11, 2010, 12:58:38 AM

become intimate with your character.

well my female worgen is kinda hawt......Tongue

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 11, 2010, 04:47:04 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 10, 2010, 09:11:16 AM

well i started up a Worgen Hunter, and have to say the starting area is pretty cool so far.  I hit level 8 in 90 minutes, think I might have to slow down  icon_wink

you disgust me.

I know, I know... here someone put all that hard work into the starting areas and here I am blowing through them without any regard.

Does the lower level Worgen content end around lvl 12-ish?  Does the storyline continue for you later or is that pretty much it for the Worgen?  I hate to be a poopoohead but it was pretty jarring to go from the cool beginner content back to traditional grindquesting again.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 11, 2010, 05:05:07 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on December 11, 2010, 04:47:04 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 10, 2010, 09:11:16 AM

well i started up a Worgen Hunter, and have to say the starting area is pretty cool so far.  I hit level 8 in 90 minutes, think I might have to slow down  icon_wink

you disgust me.

Does the lower level Worgen content end around lvl 12-ish?  Does the storyline continue for you later or is that pretty much it for the Worgen?  I hate to be a poopoohead but it was pretty jarring to go from the cool beginner content back to traditional grindquesting again.

All the new character zones are designed to get you from 1-20 before you have to hit the old content.  The new worgen stuff used the same phasing tech that the death knight starting zone had.

That can be good and bad.  Its cool to see the whole world change, but then again, if you are playing with a friend that isn't a worgen, well, you can't.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 05:06:50 AM by dangerballs » Logged

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 11, 2010, 08:32:55 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 11, 2010, 01:00:22 AM

Not as hawt as my female draenei.  I hit 84 earlier and just am eating up the new content.  Started doing Uldum and loving all the Indiana Jones stuff.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 11, 2010, 08:42:34 AM »

Quote from: dangerballs on December 11, 2010, 05:05:07 AM

The new worgen stuff used the same phasing tech that the death knight starting zone had.

That can be good and bad.  Its cool to see the whole world change, but then again, if you are playing with a friend that isn't a worgen, well, you can't.

I wasn't expecting anything like the phasing tech so it's been a cool ride so far.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 11, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 11, 2010, 08:32:55 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 11, 2010, 01:00:22 AM

Not as hawt as my female draenei.  I hit 84 earlier and just am eating up the new content.  Started doing Uldum and loving all the Indiana Jones stuff.

wish that quest line wasn't bugged for me. i swear half the damn quests are so buggy. made 84-85 really annoying
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 11, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »

unless I missed something the Goblin starter area took me to 12 before the final battle which after winning I was shipped off to Org
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 11, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »

Leveling is rough 60-70 especially if you don't have heirloom items.  That 20% makes a difference but nothing compared to 71-80.  With heirloom items and the recent reduction it's a total of 40% less to level 71-80.  That's around 4-5 million XP not needed now or the equivalent of getting around 70-74 for free.  Still, without the heirloom items it's still a 20% reduction and I think you'll notice 70-80 takes less time and is quicker than going 60-70.  You have better designed quest hubs and the quests/mobs give much better experience.  Best bet is to stay in queue and run dungeons constantly from 60-80 while questing in between.  World PvP isn't going to do squat but you get exp in battlegrounds and harvesting now.

Leveling is much nicer 80-85.  The quest hubs are ideal, the experience is massive and just plain all around well designed.  The new dungeons also give massive amounts of experience including the quests inside.  Deepcore quest line gave me around 300,000 extra xp in addition to the xp from the dungeon.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: December 11, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »

Quote from: dangerballs on December 11, 2010, 05:05:07 AM

All the new character zones are designed to get you from 1-20 before you have to hit the old content.

No way. You'll hit 14 in the worgen starting areas and not much more without grinding mobs and there's no need to grind pretty much ever in WoW.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 12, 2010, 02:49:16 PM »

Well I must say I've been enjoying Cataclysm. After being away from WoW for close to 2 years even the "old" stuff looked new again. But holy-moly..talk about leveling fast. I am the epitome of a casual player and I'm almost 28 already.. icon_eek
I'm out leveling the zones I'm in. Anyway just got to Stranglethorn and looking forward to that zone for a few days...(maybe hours if this speed keeps up)

The Worgen Druid I'm playing is a ton and a half of fun. Wow, so much utility. I have to laugh though at how many "shapes" I can assume. Bear, Cat, leopard, Worgen, Human..haha, loving it.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 12, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on December 12, 2010, 02:49:16 PM

Wow, so much utility. I have to laugh though at how many "shapes" I can assume. Bear, Cat, leopard, Worgen, Human..haha, loving it.

dangit, now I'm going to have to reoll a Worgen Druid  crybaby

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 12, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »

Somehow in a matter of 10 minutes last night Hark and MSD got me to start playing WoW for the first time in my life (other than a free trial I did a year or so ago). I dropped $80 on the full set which I'll have in a couple of days, so you guys better make me get my money's worth slywink .  I have an undead hunter just starting out on Hark and Kato's server. I don't know if I'm supposed to give some info for friends lists or something.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 12, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 12, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Somehow in a matter of 10 minutes last night Hark and MSD got me to start playing WoW for the first time in my life (other than a free trial I did a year or so ago). I dropped $80 on the full set which I'll have in a couple of days, so you guys better make me get my money's worth slywink .  I have an undead hunter just starting out on Hark and Kato's server. I don't know if I'm supposed to give some info for friends lists or something.

too bad you didn't get it during their Thanksgiving sale, where it was 20 bucks for the main game and Burning/Wrath.  it was one hell of a deal.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 12, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 12, 2010, 06:29:06 PM

Quote from: Teggy on December 12, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

too bad you didn't get it during their Thanksgiving sale, where it was 20 bucks for the main game and Burning/Wrath.  it was one hell of a deal.

Yeah, I blame Hark for that. I'll expect my $20 in the mail any day now.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 12, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »

now now, we talked about WOW while the sale was still going on and you didn't seem interested at that point Tongue

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 12, 2010, 10:41:14 PM »

I hit 85 earlier today and still really loving the expansion.  I wasn't too far into Twilight Highlands when I hit 85, so plenty more content to enjoy.  I will probably then work on getting heirlooms for the worgen druid and goblin shaman I created yesterday, but don't plan to play until I can get the heirlooms for them.  I could have sworn they were cheaper, before, though.  Maybe I will just get the Argent Tournament ones (maybe those are what I was thinking was so cheap).  The Justice Point heirlooms sure cost a ton.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 12, 2010, 10:49:16 PM »

Well here my impressions of the Cataclysm expansion.   Not impressed.  
  For the people with established characters, there really isnt much to be excited about, leveling wise.  You can power level to the top level in very little time, compared to previous expansions.  Then all you have is end game.  I was hoping for more.
  They really made crafting and gathering a major time sink as well but left it as unispiring as ever.  Archeology could have been something fun and interesting but instead its boring and time consuming.  Where Cataclysm shines is in the revamped old world content.  Yay, they improved the old levels that 11 million accounts have already finished.  Thats not expansion, thats a glorified patch.
  I remember when WOTLK came out,  its seemed so much more than before.  A whole new continent, lots of visually impressive new areas, 10 levels that actually took awhile to get through.   Cataclysm seems to be so much less than that.
 Granted its only been out less than a week  ( and over 1/2 my guild is max level )  and maybe it will really shine in end game content.  Time will tell, but in the time Ive spent with it so far, Im quite disappointed.  WoW may be the king of MMO's but the crown is looking tarnished and shaky to me.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 12, 2010, 11:08:08 PM »

The definite downside to starting after Cataclysm is they give you pretty much no info on what's been going on. They just plopped me in the starting area and started talking about people I had never heard of. No movie, no nothing (besides the Cataclysm movie of the dragon burning everything up). Guess I need to go read the wiki.

The stupid noob question I have is how do you give commands to your pet? I have this quest where I have to leash up a little enemy, but my pet keeps killing it. I opened up the pet window and highlighted the "stay" command and also the command where your pet is supposed to only attack if ordered, but it did nothing. I right clicked the command so it changed the cursor and clicked on my pet, but still nothing.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 12, 2010, 11:20:50 PM »

pretty sure you can't command your pet until later when you get the passive ability allowing it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: