http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 02:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 42354 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on November 21, 2010, 11:17:03 PM

Quote from: Ridah on November 21, 2010, 10:09:25 PM

I'm embarrassed to ask this but I still don't know for sure: As the Worgen race, are you always a Worgen or do you only transform into one at specific times?

You have two forms. The human one and the beast one. You can transform back and forth outside combat. You transform to the beast form when in combat.

This..

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:21 PM »

Quote from: ericb on November 22, 2010, 01:25:03 PM

Full patch notes and some misc are up on MMO champion now along with unofficial confirmation.

Official confirmation. Enjoy the end of the world everybody!
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 22, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

I'm embarrassed to ask this but I still don't know for sure: As the Worgen race, are you always a Worgen or do you only transform into one at specific times?

You have two forms. The human one and the beast one. You can transform back and forth outside combat. You transform to the beast form when in combat.

This..

Why would you ever want to not be in Worgen form? What are the difference between human and Worgen form?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »

I'm trying to log in but there are no servers listed  retard The new Cataclysm login screen is up though! WotLK was icy, this one is fiery slywink

Sean Lama
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 23, 2010, 06:00:38 PM

I'm trying to log in but there are no servers listed  retard The new Cataclysm login screen is up though! WotLK was icy, this one is fiery slywink

Last I saw, servers won't be up until 1 PM Pacific.  That is unless they extend it.   I do like the new login screen. smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 23, 2010, 05:59:51 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 22, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

This..

Why would you ever want to not be in Worgen form? What are the difference between human and Worgen form?

Honestly, I think it was a bone for the role-players, but combat and travel you must be in Worgen form

NiM$
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »

well they just kicked it back to 5pm pacific.  In truth Ill be amazed if its running at all today.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »

So I can roll my Dwarf Shaman and enjoy a complete new 1-60 experience across the world now?
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »

Yes

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2010, 10:44:58 PM »

Quote from: Pharaoh on November 23, 2010, 10:21:57 PM

So I can roll my Dwarf Shaman and enjoy a complete new 1-60 experience across the world now?

Well, not completely new. Not every zone got completely remodeled, some of them just had their quests streamlined.

Sean Lama
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 24, 2010, 03:00:13 AM »

I went back a few pages but didn't see it. Is everyone on whatever server or is there an official GT one or are you on the sisters of elune one with OO?
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 24, 2010, 03:02:18 AM »

Stormwind is awesome now...puts the other cities to shame.  Can't wait for the expansion and the new zones.  Got my 7th to 80 tonight and my other 3 in the 60s...going to have to switch servers to play the worgen starting zone smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 24, 2010, 03:20:10 AM »

I just logged in and didn't see anything different around Ironforge other than some Thanksgiving dinner thing.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 24, 2010, 04:15:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 24, 2010, 03:20:10 AM

I just logged in and didn't see anything different around Ironforge other than some Thanksgiving dinner thing.

Iron forge is pretty untouched. Go to Dun Morough, Loch Modan, and the Wetlands.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 24, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »

Org looks great. I really wish I could fly though.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 24, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »

I really like that all the new quests and revamped zones are built as "sequels" to the original zones...characters and events from up to the Lich King are seeded inside, and they still build the newbie progression against the new fiction.

Bravo to Blizzard as usual, they just milked another 2+ years outta this game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

I wonder if they'll ever do a 'classic server', where it'll be WoW as it was before the Cataclysm hits.  it'd be great for people who didn't experience everything before all the new stuff.

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 24, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 24, 2010, 04:40:37 PM

I wonder if they'll ever do a 'classic server', where it'll be WoW as it was before the Cataclysm hits.  it'd be great for people who didn't experience everything before all the new stuff.

Compared to what they have done in the expansions (especially Lich King), the old stuff really shows that they were new to the whole thing.  I think the new quests will be much better and an old world isn't worth going back to.  I've been riding around looking for differences and man, things have certainly changed.  Lots of cool stuff out there.

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 24, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »

For those of us not playing anymore but would still like to see some of the changes, how about posting some screenies please? 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 24, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on November 24, 2010, 05:45:49 PM

For those of us not playing anymore but would still like to see some of the changes, how about posting some screenies please? 

Yes, yes! I was about to post the same! I can't afford to get sucked into WoW any longer, but would love to see some screenies.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 24, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »

I got to run my mage in a 25 man ICC for the first time since the skill tree changes and holy crap!!!  Mages are whirling arcane wielders of death!  Im fairly well geared but by no means am I pimped out and I was doing 12K dps.  There were 2 highly geared mages who were flirting with 15k.  No other classes were close to that.  If they dont smack us hard with the nerf bat, mages will be the go to class for major dps.  On the other hand, hunters, who used to own the dps charts when played right, have dropped substancially.  Im sure that they will tweak things and find an equillibrium in the dps classes but until then,  fear teh mage!

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 24, 2010, 08:12:43 PM »

I'm not exploring the new Azeroth too much yet, I want to save that for when I roll my Goblin. The starting zone for Goblins is fantastic and by far the best starting zone I've played.

Sean Lama
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 24, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »

Mages have been nerfed once, but I am sure it's coming again

NiM$
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 24, 2010, 10:01:46 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 24, 2010, 06:39:40 PM

I got to run my mage in a 25 man ICC for the first time since the skill tree changes and holy crap!!!  Mages are whirling arcane wielders of death!  Im fairly well geared but by no means am I pimped out and I was doing 12K dps.  There were 2 highly geared mages who were flirting with 15k.  No other classes were close to that.  If they dont smack us hard with the nerf bat, mages will be the go to class for major dps.  On the other hand, hunters, who used to own the dps charts when played right, have dropped substancially.  Im sure that they will tweak things and find an equillibrium in the dps classes but until then,  fear teh mage!

Our main mage in my guild was doing 25k dps! =O The Locks got a huge blanket 12% nerf to all of our damaging spells AND they ruined our meta gem so we lost a big crit/crit bonus dmg buff. 

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2010, 05:07:16 AM »

Quote from: Sparhawk on November 24, 2010, 10:01:46 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 24, 2010, 06:39:40 PM

Our main mage in my guild was doing 25k dps! =O The Locks got a huge blanket 12% nerf to all of our damaging spells AND they ruined our meta gem so we lost a big crit/crit bonus dmg buff. 

Yes, but they are fixing the meta gem next patch.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 25, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »

Dont worry about the warlock nerf, thats just part of Blizzards 3 phase plan to completely eliminate the vermin from the face of Azeroth.  The next phase will be to reskin all demon pets with Hello Kitty skins.   icon_twisted

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 25, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 25, 2010, 11:34:38 AM

Dont worry about the warlock nerf, thats just part of Blizzards 3 phase plan to completely eliminate the vermin from the face of Azeroth.  The next phase will be to reskin all demon pets with Hello Kitty skins.   icon_twisted

wait til you see the new succubus skin!

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 25, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »

Jumping back in once Cat releases. But just thought I'd mention the deal I got this morning. For $59.99  I got...Original game + Burning C. + WoTLK + pre order for Cat which will automatically initiate Dec 7th.
Not a bad deal from my perspective.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 25, 2010, 03:01:14 PM »

Took my lvl 40 warlock for a spin this morning.  He was at Theramore, which now has a nifty bridge going due west straight to the Barrens.  I liked that.  After visiting Mudsprocket, he was sent to the edge of Feralas, which is the launching area into the newly flooded Thousand Needles and Shimmering Flats.  Here are some screeenshots from the "Shimmering Deeps" area.

1)  A view from the giant barge the goblins relocated to when the racetrack was lost.
2)  The map view of the area.
3)  A shot from on the barge, which serves as a city with flightpath and rest area.
4)  A giant shark, but he was already dead.  Not sure what his story is.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 25, 2010, 04:45:27 PM »

I started a new race/class combo in the Tauren Paladin and it's been a real fun leveling experience.  It's basically like leveling was in NR, but now in the new, old world.  The quests all roll together, the rewards are much better and they all match on your character.  It's really well done.  About the only thing I don't enjoy is that I don't have a mount until level 20 and it's painful having to run everywhere.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 26, 2010, 01:17:54 AM »

Here's a couple I took.  First one is this huge tornado in Darkshore.  You can see it swirling trees around.  Second is in The Barrens.  Huge rift there.  Third is what used to be Auberdine.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 26, 2010, 01:41:34 PM »

Here's me playing Plants vs. Zombies in Hillsbrad Foothills.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 26, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »

Ive been looking forward to cata. really want to play a Worgen. But since they removed the portals to get around with i'm leaning towards leaving . I cant stand slow travel.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on November 26, 2010, 02:39:29 PM

Ive been looking forward to cata. really want to play a Worgen. But since they removed the portals to get around with i'm leaning towards leaving . I cant stand slow travel.

Hire a Mage.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 26, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

I havent checked but did they remove the portals from Shatt as well?

Also being a mage, I want to add this  BLIZZARD! BRING BACK THE FRIKKIN PORTALS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!    I cant walk thru a major city with out getting bombarded with portal pleas.  It is a major annoyance.  I have people demanding that I port them and throwing invites at me before I can even reply.  If you say no they blast you.  Hey I pay my money to play and enjoy the game, not to be a public transportation hub.  Total strangers seem to think I am supposed to drop whatever it is Im doing to taxi them around the world.  I even made a macro that says " Im sorry, the mage you have reached is not in service, please check your /who list and try again"  then I slap them on ignore.  My ignore list runneth over.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 26, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »

figure I'll get in some exploration time this weekend, maybe sart up a undead to check out the Undercity.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 26, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 26, 2010, 03:06:29 PM

I havent checked but did they remove the portals from Shatt as well?

Also being a mage, I want to add this  BLIZZARD! BRING BACK THE FRIKKIN PORTALS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!    I cant walk thru a major city with out getting bombarded with portal pleas.  It is a major annoyance.  I have people demanding that I port them and throwing invites at me before I can even reply.  If you say no they blast you.  Hey I pay my money to play and enjoy the game, not to be a public transportation hub.  Total strangers seem to think I am supposed to drop whatever it is Im doing to taxi them around the world.  I even made a macro that says " Im sorry, the mage you have reached is not in service, please check your /who list and try again"  then I slap them on ignore.  My ignore list runneth over.

can I has portal?

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 26, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »

I dunno, it is pretty easy to get around. I am hearthed in Stormwind and if I want to get to Northrend, I just hearth back, run to the boat, and am over there. Yeah, the portals were nice, but I am okay without them.

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 26, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »

Crap, I missed the shattering?

So was it an actual world event where the breaking was animated, or did they kick everyone out and just update the servers and when you logged back in the world was different?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 26, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on November 26, 2010, 04:14:02 PM

Crap, I missed the shattering?

So was it an actual world event where the breaking was animated, or did they kick everyone out and just update the servers and when you logged back in the world was different?

The cinematic was the actual shattering.  All the rumbling and twilight hammer stuff before was the only event.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: