http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 01:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 44666 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2010, 02:28:50 AM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2010, 01:18:43 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 10, 2010, 02:24:29 AM

There are 2 types of people in this world... of Warcraft:

1) psychotic epeening twitch-monsters
and

2) !

smile

FTFY

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

I don't get it. There are psychotic (I prefer sociopath though) epeening twitch monsters and human paladins?
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »

i have a BE paladin and play on a real server, pvp.

so what does that make me?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 10, 2010, 06:56:00 PM

i have a BE paladin and play on a real server, pvp.

so what does that make me?

bi.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »

oh...
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2010, 03:25:50 AM »

I mainly play on an RP-PvP server and have 4 level 80's, Warlock, rogue, mage, Death Knight.  A level 73 hunter, 70 shaman and a 63 pally.  With the dungeon queue system you dont really see a lot of people running around anymore just looking to gank; although I had my 4 lvl 80s prior.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »

OO has decided (by poll) on a PvE server and Alliance to try and recreate some of the magic from WoW launch and the guild Almost Heroes.

The server is Sisters of Elune, no guild name yet but the more the merrier.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on October 11, 2010, 09:35:44 PM

OO has decided (by poll) on a PvE server and Alliance to try and recreate some of the magic from WoW launch and the guild Almost Heroes.

The server is Sisters of Elune, no guild name yet but the more the merrier.

I'm toying with the idea of doing an all werewolf (E)RP-lite guild, called Worgen Wanderers.  It started out as just as joke in my head but after seeing little exciting outlook on other games, it sounded like it might be a fun option for the holidays.  Even if the guild just turns out to be 2 or 3 of us, we'll make every effort to start on the same server.  I just like the idea of a bunch of crazy werewolves running around all over the place and only speaking in werewolvish to outsiders. 
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »

I guess it's time to relearn all the classes.

the masochist in me will attempt to heal a random with the nerf ae dps and tanking. can't wait!
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »

Now that's a big patch.  Around 5GB this morning and now the launcher is downloading another 1.3GB after starting up.  Really looking forward to all of the changes and UI improvements.  Too bad it's not going to be up until later this afternoon and even that's iffy.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »

dangit, I knew I should have gotten some time in with my hunter this weekend before the changes.  I haven't touched WoW in weeks (I think he's still sitting at level 9) because of everything else.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »

Haven't been in WoW world close to 2 years. I don't have any of my wow disc's either. What do I need to be able to play Cata-WoW?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2010, 11:07:52 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on October 12, 2010, 09:48:15 PM

Haven't been in WoW world close to 2 years. I don't have any of my wow disc's either. What do I need to be able to play Cata-WoW?
]

If you have an active account you can download the new streaming client and start playing pretty quickly.  Cata doesn't come out until Dec 7th but many of the changes are world wide even if you only have the original vanilla wow and no expansions.  The major world changes are estimated to be in patch 4.0.3 sometime in November.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

well holy pallies seem much better to play now. dungeons are interesting with everyone still figuring out to cope with the new changes. and ae tanking is definitely nerfed.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »

downloaded the patch from Fileplanet, and damn did it take forever to install.  then when it finally did I had that extra 1.5 gigs to download.  needless to say I ddin't get around to playing last night.

Because I can,
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »

Quote from: joeyjazz on October 13, 2010, 03:54:53 PM

I mainly play on an RP-PvP server
  Cool, which one?  I'm on Maelstrom.
[/quote]

My characters are on Maelstrom too. I haven't played since BC, but I'm thinking of getting the WotLK 10 day trial in a couple days. You alliance or horde? I'm in alliance because some old SWG friends had gone there and chose alliance.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 13, 2010, 02:21:01 PM

downloaded the patch from Fileplanet, and damn did it take forever to install.  then when it finally did I had that extra 1.5 gigs to download.  needless to say I ddin't get around to playing last night.

do you have issues with the Blizzard downloader?  Because it actually pre downloads a lot of the patch before the patch is released, as you play.  I had the full patch downloaded and installed thru Blizz in about 30 minutes.  Just wondering why youre using an outside source to download and install.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2010, 10:35:37 PM »

Quote from: joeyjazz on October 13, 2010, 09:31:31 PM

Cool!  I'm Horde, if someone named Salyn (or Forel... I name changed at some point in history) was ever mean to you, I'm sorry. slywink 

Hehe, that's one of the good parts about being a rogue, people can't really be mean to you. Really hard to camp someone who can just rez and go invis slywink.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »

the Cataclysm mouse.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 13, 2010, 10:35:37 PM

Quote from: joeyjazz on October 13, 2010, 09:31:31 PM

Cool!  I'm Horde, if someone named Salyn (or Forel... I name changed at some point in history) was ever mean to you, I'm sorry. slywink

Hehe, that's one of the good parts about being a rogue, people can't really be mean to you. Really hard to camp someone who can just rez and go invis slywink.

Ninja vanish!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2010, 08:09:48 PM »

I think I may nuke my hunter and restart at level one. I fired up my current one and it looks like half the tactics I used before are gone.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »

why would you start over? they did that for every class.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »

I'm thinking it will be easier if I get used to the skills as they become available instead of trying to figure out what got taken away or added.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »

what level is your hunter CeeKay?  If its low enough and you want to try a different race etc., then you really wont lose much.  If your getting up there in levels then keep him around for your professions.  If hes a miner or herbalist he can help supply your new toon with mats and have an easier time gathering them.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 15, 2010, 10:20:21 PM

what level is your hunter CeeKay?  If its low enough and you want to try a different race etc., then you really wont lose much.  If your getting up there in levels then keep him around for your professions.  If hes a miner or herbalist he can help supply your new toon with mats and have an easier time gathering them.

I can't imagine starting one over that's past 30 or so.  Yeah, I can hit 20 on a long day but above 30 and it's just a chore.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2010, 01:09:37 AM »

Quote from: ericb on October 16, 2010, 12:40:26 AM

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 15, 2010, 10:20:21 PM

I can't imagine starting one over that's past 30 or so.  Yeah, I can hit 20 on a long day but above 30 and it's just a chore.

I'm only at 9 so it's not a big hit at all.  There are attacks gone from the hunter though, so I'm going to start fresh and relearn everything from square one.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2010, 06:32:07 AM »

wtf? you have like 2 skills at lvl 9. how in the hell.

i'm 80 tryign to learn 2 characters and getting use to healing idiot tanks you think you can ae still.

9 is nothing. that's basically 0 in terms of skills an talents
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 16, 2010, 06:32:07 AM

i'm 80 tryign to learn 2 characters and getting use to healing idiot tanks you think you can ae still.

I know poison shot is gone, I had some marking skill that was supposed to help with additional damage that is gone, I'm pretty sure I had a couple of melee attacks that aren't there anymore.  also, I have things available for my pet now, which I haven't gotten yet, and I'm thinking since they're now giving hunters pets at level 1 I'm going to have to backtrack to get one.  I'm going to start a new hunter just to see if that's the case.

Because I can,
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 16, 2010, 04:34:49 PM

Quote from: jersoc on October 16, 2010, 06:32:07 AM

I know poison shot is gone, I had some marking skill that was supposed to help with additional damage that is gone, I'm pretty sure I had a couple of melee attacks that aren't there anymore.  also, I have things available for my pet now, which I haven't gotten yet, and I'm thinking since they're now giving hunters pets at level 1 I'm going to have to backtrack to get one.  I'm going to start a new hunter just to see if that's the case.
But at level 9, you've done nothing to the character to customize it.  And you have very little to learn.  I'm not sure I see the point.  Then again, it's only a couple of hours investment. 

I guess I'm saying that it seems like an inconsequential choice in the face of the larger game.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »

I see what the problem is.  since the hunter gets a pet at level 1 now they removed a bunch of skills that helped the hunter class before they got the pet.  now if only they'd fix the bug with the enemy nameplates not showing up correctly and if I can figure out why my pet hotbar keeps disappearing.

[edit] found the fix for the nameplate issue in a sticky on the forums: /console bloattest 1
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:51:28 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »

the earthquakes are a nice touch for foreshadowing the Cataclysm.  I noticed some areas have already changed, one quest area I went to with my first hunter was different, with all the mobs gone and a bunch of gnomish soldiers and machinery around.

I got my new hunter to the same spot that my old one was at pretty quickly, definitely less skills to buy so far but looking ahead to level 10 I get hit with 7 that are pretty pricey.  I'm also rolling over obstacles I had trouble with when my hunter didn't have a pet.

I do have a question for fellow hunters:  I bought the track beast skills, yet it didn't appear on any of my hotbars and I'm not seeing it listed anywhere.  My old hunter has it in one of his hotbars but again it's not listed under spells and abilities.  where the heck is it supposed to be listed so I can put it on the hotbar?  oh, and do you guys have trouble keeping your pet's hotbar showing?  there's a script I found to bring it up but it keeps on disappearing and doesn't always want to come back.

Because I can,
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 17, 2010, 12:38:39 AM

the earthquakes are a nice touch for foreshadowing the Cataclysm.  I noticed some areas have already changed, one quest area I went to with my first hunter was different, with all the mobs gone and a bunch of gnomish soldiers and machinery around.

I got my new hunter to the same spot that my old one was at pretty quickly, definitely less skills to buy so far but looking ahead to level 10 I get hit with 7 that are pretty pricey.  I'm also rolling over obstacles I had trouble with when my hunter didn't have a pet.

I do have a question for fellow hunters:  I bought the track beast skills, yet it didn't appear on any of my hotbars and I'm not seeing it listed anywhere.  My old hunter has it in one of his hotbars but again it's not listed under spells and abilities.  where the heck is it supposed to be listed so I can put it on the hotbar?  oh, and do you guys have trouble keeping your pet's hotbar showing?  there's a script I found to bring it up but it keeps on disappearing and doesn't always want to come back.

The tracking skills are at the magnifying glass button surrounding the minimap. BTW, now you can track multiple types at the same time.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »

I've been playing a Paladin from scratch this week.  Umm. wow.  Newbie gear, my Level 23 Prot Pally stumbles into a Levl 32 Worgen and his 30 friend.  I win.  Between Judgements, Judgement of the wise, Crusader Strike, and Avenger shield, the Pally can keep the damage moving and lose minimal health and mana.  Has anyoene else tried a low-level Paladin yet?

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »

Cataclysm cinematic revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc&feature=channel
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2010, 01:59:11 PM »

Quote from: vizionblind on October 17, 2010, 10:23:33 PM

You have to give Blizz credit, they make excellent cinematics.   

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »

Quote from: joeyjazz on October 18, 2010, 03:23:51 PM

Last week they accounce that everyone who had a 310% mount pre-4.0.1 will be grand fathered in to Master Riding and everyone else will have to buy it now.  I'm 1 achievement away from the holiday meta one and still a few achievements short of the Uld and ICC meta mounts so I went and bought it.  The next day they announced that they're going to hotfix the holiday meta mount to give Master Riding.  Sux, hope I can petition to get my gold back since I'll be getting that one in December.

Are you on Emerald Dream still?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »

Some people will do anything to be first in line for Cataclysm:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/21/california.mall.standoff/index.html?hpt=T2

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2010, 11:31:48 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on October 21, 2010, 11:10:32 PM

I bet it was rittchard demanding a copy of Guild Wars 2.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2010, 11:31:48 PM

Quote from: Elmo on October 21, 2010, 11:10:32 PM

I bet it was rittchard demanding a copy of Guild Wars 2.

Damn!  Foiled again!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: