http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 06:35:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 44099 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on October 04, 2010, 02:56:43 PM

Source?

how about this?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »

well that blows.  I had vacation time I had to take in late november,  we are not allowed vacation in december.  Now I'm going to have to do projects around the house in november, instead of playing Cata.   Damn you Blizzard!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

Now I know when to schedule my last 3 vacation days.

FYI I ordered the CE on amazon today and got release day shipping for 99 cents. YMMV.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 04, 2010, 02:59:37 PM

Source?

how about this?

Not credible enough. Try this
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »

Source?

how about this?

Thanks.  $40 for 5 levels seems like a lot unless you are planning to level a new alt too.  And even then my impression is that the Cataclysm content does not go from 60 - 80.  Assuming it doesn't include 30 days of play I'll probably give it a pass unless it gets rave reviews.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »

You are aware this includes a crap ton of dungeons, raids and 2 pvp battlegrounds, right? I mean not just 5 levels.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »

Yeah, I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade.  Guess I've just played enough WoW, so right now the exapnsion leaves me cold.  There are some new MMO's coming out (albeit not until some time next year) that will probably be around $40 and include a whole new game to explore, and they'll include the first 30 days in the price.   slywink

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 04, 2010, 06:30:30 PM

You are aware this includes a crap ton of dungeons, raids and 2 pvp battlegrounds, right? I mean not just 5 levels.

Also includes two new races, complete revamp of all old world content, graphical updates, most races can be most classes, a new profession and a complete revamp of talent points.  This is a new game for all intents and purposes.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

Quote from: ericb on October 04, 2010, 07:15:45 PM

Quote from: jersoc on October 04, 2010, 06:30:30 PM

Also includes two new races, complete revamp of all old world content, graphical updates, most races can be most classes, a new profession and a complete revamp of talent points.  This is a new game for all intents and purposes.

Absolutely ^^^this x1000. Cata is the most ambitious expansion for an MMO in history. The scope and scale of the thousands of changes that are included is staggering. Blizzard has obviously planned out every expansion and they've probably been working on altering the old world well before TBC.

Here's the wiki with a list of most of the announced changes:

http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »

Quote from: Jag on October 04, 2010, 05:32:47 PM

Source?

how about this?

Not credible enough. Try this
pfffft.  Who you gonna believe? Them or us?

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2010, 08:01:13 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on October 04, 2010, 07:02:40 PM

Yeah, I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade.  Guess I've just played enough WoW, so right now the exapnsion leaves me cold.  There are some new MMO's coming out (albeit not until some time next year) that will probably be around $40 and include a whole new game to explore, and they'll include the first 30 days in the price.   slywink

Cata is basically a new game. Every since class is going to be play differently either tomorrow(not likely now) or next week when 4.0 goes live. The entire world is changing in Azeroth too. No more ae everything you see in dungeons too. Hopefully this separates the boys from men again. Now all they need to do is kill off gearscore and we'll be back to the basics once again where skill is a measurement, not a fake number meaning nothing.

I guess if all you do is level, then yeah maybe you won't like it. However, I say that's absurd since going through azeroth won't be anything like you did previously.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »

It cracks me up when I see people whine about gearscore.  If youre stupid enough to think gearscore is the end all measuring stick for how leet a person is, then yeah, its a problem.  If you realize that all it does is give a basic idea that the person at least has the tools to do his job and that it tells you nothing about whether a person is capable or competent, then it has its uses.  If it didnt exist then people would just waste more time inspecting everyone they group with. Its a quick numerical average to give you a general idea of a persons gear level and thats all it is.  Any real problem with gearscore is founded in people, not gearscore.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on October 04, 2010, 05:51:00 PM

Source?

how about this?

Thanks.  $40 for 5 levels seems like a lot unless you are planning to level a new alt too.  And even then my impression is that the Cataclysm content does not go from 60 - 80.  Assuming it doesn't include 30 days of play I'll probably give it a pass unless it gets rave reviews.

the word is that those 5 levels will take as long to do as the 10 levels you got in Wrath.  That being said, Im sure some lunatic in France will level cap in a 36 hour marathon, complete with bedpan and catheter.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 04, 2010, 02:48:25 PM

Quote from: Jag on October 04, 2010, 02:35:43 PM

Release day December 7, 2010.

a day that will live in infamy.

The 69th anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day? 

[BillandTed]Sixty-nine, dude![/BillandTed]

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2010, 10:33:45 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 04, 2010, 09:00:10 PM

It cracks me up when I see people whine about gearscore.  If youre stupid enough to think gearscore is the end all measuring stick for how leet a person is, then yeah, its a problem.  If you realize that all it does is give a basic idea that the person at least has the tools to do his job and that it tells you nothing about whether a person is capable or competent, then it has its uses.  If it didnt exist then people would just waste more time inspecting everyone they group with. Its a quick numerical average to give you a general idea of a persons gear level and thats all it is.  Any real problem with gearscore is founded in people, not gearscore.

Whining about GS and people who use GS is the same thing.  It doesn't matter when every (I honestly mean every PuG but one) single pick up group for ICC requires a min GS.  The one (and only one) pick up group I've seen in the past six weeks fell apart before the first pull because half the members left when they zoned in and noticed the GS of the other half.  So yes it's a problem and a valid issue to "whine" about.  It used to be a valid tool...the measuring stick.  Now it just makes people who use it into tools.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2010, 02:30:31 AM »

Quote from: ericb on October 04, 2010, 10:33:45 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 04, 2010, 09:00:10 PM

Whining about GS and people who use GS is the same thing.  It doesn't matter when every (I honestly mean every PuG but one) single pick up group for ICC requires a min GS.  The one (and only one) pick up group I've seen in the past six weeks fell apart before the first pull because half the members left when they zoned in and noticed the GS of the other half.  So yes it's a problem and a valid issue to "whine" about.  It used to be a valid tool...the measuring stick.  Now it just makes people who use it into tools.

+1  I was running Heroiic Pit of Saron this weekend with my Shammy and the Tank and Healer are both in ICC gear and they start complaining about the GS of the DPS and time of kills. Complaining about GS in 5 mans is dumd as the DPS started telling them

Gearscore is crap

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2010, 05:57:45 AM »

Ha, opens up acces to  Mount Hyjal...I was there 4 years ago :-D

A new one
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »

Kids need to wave their ePeens around and complaining about others with a lower GS is an easy way to do it.  Happened more often than not in most PUG's I joined.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »

soulchilde, I understand your point, but it kind of validates mine.  Definitely, if people are going off on GS in a 5 man, it's not the addon that's the problem but the a-hole whos using it. 
 still we are basically arguing semantics.  I'm just saying as far as GS is concerned, it's a tool and like any tool, is useful when used properly.  Unfortunately there are way too many epeening dickwads in WoW.  I don't blame the tool I blame the fools. In the end I guess it amounts to the same thing.  Still if GS should be eliminated, then so should titles, because they have the same effect.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »

the Archaeology profession.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 05, 2010, 11:48:14 AM

soulchilde, I understand your point, but it kind of validates mine.  Definitely, if people are going off on GS in a 5 man, it's not the addon that's the problem but the a-hole whos using it.  
 still we are basically arguing semantics.  I'm just saying as far as GS is concerned, it's a tool and like any tool, is useful when used properly.  Unfortunately there are way too many epeening dickwads in WoW.  I don't blame the tool I blame the fools. In the end I guess it amounts to the same thing.  Still if GS should be eliminated, then so should titles, because they have the same effect.

I know it's a good tool for raiders as you don't want a under-geared person attending the raid. It just left a sour taste in my mouth when I returned to WoW and I was running  my first Heroic Stratholme (freaking awesome, Btw)  and the rest of the 5 man was complaining about the gear on my newly 80 DeathKnight.  I was actually told not to roll on the Epic Mount cause of my gear WTF  retard

oh I rolled and won...fuck em
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:15:49 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

NiM$
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 05, 2010, 05:13:44 PM

Congrats! That's an awesome mount!

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on October 05, 2010, 05:20:44 PM

Yeah baby, you go Forge!!!

Of course all that GS mumbo jumbo and loot elitism just further convinced me I personally never need to return to WoW.  Bring on GW2, PLEASE!!!
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 06, 2010, 05:44:24 PM

Of course all that GS mumbo jumbo and loot elitism just further convinced me I personally never need to return to WoW.  Bring on GW2, PLEASE!!!

Play with friends and there's nothing to worry about.  Cmon join me and the appaz!
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 07, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on October 07, 2010, 12:33:42 AM

Quote from: rittchard on October 06, 2010, 05:44:24 PM

Play with friends and there's nothing to worry about.  Cmon join me and the appaz!

PvP server?

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »

wow, WoW just announced they have over 12 million subscribers.  Imagine if they all bought Cataclysm on day one.

Because I can,
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 07, 2010, 03:23:54 PM

wow, WoW just announced they have over 12 million subscribers.  Imagine if they all bought Cataclysm on day one.

I can't remember, has that number gone down from its peak subscription count?  Did it used to be like 15 million?
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »

11 mill was the highest.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on October 07, 2010, 04:49:58 PM

11 mill was the highest.

oops, I didn't read previous post never mind.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:52:40 PM by Sparhawk » Logged

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2010, 02:38:33 AM »

Yeah, a bit surprised active accounts have grown by that much. The juggernaut continues. While I know other countries do not pay the same amount as US, if all subscribers paid the monthly recurring of $14.99 a month that would be 2.16 billion dollars a year generated from subscriptions.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2010, 02:46:41 AM »

I would guess a lot of dormant accounts are getting reactivated to experience the "old world" before Cataclysm hits, especially now that it has a release date.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »

For anyone interested in playing with some OO folks, we're rolling up a new guild on a new server for Cataclysm. There's a poll going on at OO in the PC Games section to decide on Horde vs. Alliance.

Right now we've settled on an RP server which will most likely be Sisters of Elune. Faction is currently a dead heat!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 08, 2010, 08:55:06 PM

Right now we've settled on an RP server which will most likely be Sisters of Elune. Faction is currently a dead heat!

But will there be ERP??!?
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2010, 09:31:52 PM »

Only if you show up, rittch!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »

Id be interested in that.  I used to be in Wanderers way back in WoW's infancy.  What time zone is the realm in?

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »

If anyone wants to join Gilneas (EST, PvE) I can invite you to the guild I'm in and send a little seed money and bags.  It's not a raiding guild but it's not a leveling guild either...more of a casual place to hang out that plans on running regular cata dungeons when it comes out.  Gilneas is in Chicago and I get great pings (around 90ms-110ms) in Virginia. 

I'm done with PvP...between events, BGs and PvP areas there's no reason to go to a pure PvP server...it just interrupts leveling and irritates the hell out of you when someone 20 levels higher decides to camp you.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

Quote from: ericb on October 09, 2010, 03:41:06 PM

I'm done with PvP...between events, BGs and PvP areas there's no reason to go to a pure PvP server.

Except for, you know, people who like to PvP and all slywink.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 09, 2010, 05:04:55 PM

Quote from: ericb on October 09, 2010, 03:41:06 PM

I'm done with PvP...between events, BGs and PvP areas there's no reason to go to a pure PvP server.

Except for, you know, people who like to PvP and all slywink.

I used to play on a PvP server myself and I moved away from it because you can get your PvP fix easily, as ericb stated, through other means and I found that when I was in the mood to quest, I didn't want to be corpse camped by someone on the opposing side.  Originally, I thought it would make life more exciting, and I suppose it did, but being annoyed when I just wanted to level through questing wasn't worth it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »

I'm with you guys.  As someone who likes to solo quest quite a bit, PvP was WAY too much headache. I suppose if you always quest with guildmates it could be fun, but that just didn't work well for me.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2010, 02:24:29 AM »

There are 2 types of people in this world... of Warcraft:

1) those who can handle PvP servers

and

2)
!

smile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Print