http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 09:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 44350 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2010, 07:11:47 AM »

new tour and screenshots.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2010, 04:17:29 PM »

anyone try this?

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/tweetcraft.aspx
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »

Quote from: vizionblind on June 13, 2010, 04:17:29 PM

I'm sorry, but I think this PA is so applicable right now:

I hate Twitter and everything about it. Can't you tell? biggrin

Interesting addon though for those who are into the Twitter world.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »

a write up of a recent press event from wow.com.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »

Uh ok lets say i have not played WoW since Oct 2006. I was on a PvP server as horse. Had a maxed lvl 60 undead rogue. Had my account hacked since then so no idea what shape it is in. So what do i need to get back into WoW? Do I have to buy the addons? If so wheres the best deal on them? I 'MAY' is I go back, join my friend's guild as a Alliance and probably a new race from the addons if i go back.

So basically not played in 4 years, may or may not return, and want the basics smile Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 13, 2010, 06:02:21 PM

Quote from: vizionblind on June 13, 2010, 04:17:29 PM

I'm sorry, but I think this PA is so applicable right now:

awesome!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »

the Ruby Sanctum, a precursor to Cataclysm.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »

Ruby Sanctum isn't live on the US servers yet

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 23, 2010, 05:25:20 PM

Ruby Sanctum isn't live on the US servers yet

that's just a preview they posted.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2010, 12:06:41 AM »

details on DirectX 11.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »

Cataclysm Class & Mastery Systems Update.

Because I can,
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:06 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on June 14, 2010, 04:54:28 AM

Uh ok lets say i have not played WoW since Oct 2006. I was on a PvP server as horse. Had a maxed lvl 60 undead rogue. Had my account hacked since then so no idea what shape it is in. So what do i need to get back into WoW? Do I have to buy the addons? If so wheres the best deal on them? I 'MAY' is I go back, join my friend's guild as a Alliance and probably a new race from the addons if i go back.

So basically not played in 4 years, may or may not return, and want the basics smile Thanks.

Well, how good a friend is he?

They have made 0-60 a freebie these days, you can probably with a friend hit that in about a 2 days played if your friend has any kinda level to him.  But, the other option is recruit a friend.  This is where you and someone else of SIMILAR LEVEL can level together to level 60 for a massive xp bonus, plus you can grant xp to the person you are referring through.

What it means: People who multibox level amazingly quickly.

What else it means: 0-60 in a day played, esp if your friend is a 70+ and can whip you through some instances for big xp.

so now you have hit 60... whats next?

TBC - you need to buy the expansion to play this.
Once bought you have access to Death Knights which start around 58 when you finish all the beginner level quests and are geared so amazingly well for a new character pvp isnt even remotely fun until 63ish.
Leveling through TBC is very very quick.  Now my idea of quick is sitting around with a guide and knowing the xp runs (where to go and what chains to do at what times mainly) and you can whip out levels at one per ever 2-3 hours.

It's quicker at 58-63 and slows down a little around 68 or 69.

I like the TBC zones, the only issue I had was how durn quiet they will be.  Enjoy it and just dont do the major need 3+ people boss quests.

Also, you will need to make a "Shattrath run" here you run to Shattrath city since you...cant train...at all... you classes... nor hit an auction house (Unless they finally remedied some of this).  And Shattrath has portals to all the old world content which is important.

once you have hit 68-70 you are ready for Wrath of the Lich King.

Leveling is arguably the funnest part of WotLK for me.  I played a shadow priest (Venerable) and leveling was...FUN...  With the change from holy/shadow to straight spellpower, I suddenly did decent damage and had big mana regen.  I could chain mobs together almost permanently and just whipped through leveling.  The areas and interesting with nice changes to them, but there have the new cool hip and trendy "MASSIVE FALLS FOR NO REASON" where if you are running around and not paying attention what looks like a hill ends up being the side of a cliff or some other random fall that will probably end in your death.  Until you get a flying mount, these are an issue.  Mind you, flying mounts are amazing and once you get them while leveling it almost just becomes a speed run.  I could average about 4ish hours per level with a flying mount, it was insane.  You will not get that timeframe, but unless you are playing a Arms warrior you shouldnt have any real issues leveling.  They are so weapon/armor intensive they wont start wrecking things until they get a few good weapons and some ok other gear.  Even greens in WotLK should be enough to level fine.

WotLK changes the game so much it needs mentioning here.

1) Finding a 5 man group is cake, you have several servers worth of people whocan do a random group function.  Tanks and healers have almost no wait for a group while DPS might have one.  It's mainly a level 80 tool, but can be handy at lower levels as well.

2) How much easier leveling is now compared to vanilla wow.  My first 60 char was 16-18 days played (Venerable) My second was 10-11.  I can hit 80 with a frash char inside 8 days played if I am moving.  I would say it's closer to 6 days, but I dont want to be wrong and I havent played in about a year so I am not sure.

3) How being x-80 freshly geared is equivalent to a speedbump for a level 80 char thats geared.
MY level 80 Kitty DPS (Damage per second) was about13-1500 with some practice and early 80 gear.  It was closer to 3-4k with a decent set of gear and some enchants/gemming.  It should be over 8k if I get Lich King level gear. 
Hitpoints also scale amazingly fast as well.  You'll know whether to fight or flight based on an 80's hitpoints.

4)Luckily you can run a lot of instances at 80 and gear up AMAZINGLY quickly.  A day or so played just whipping through instances makes you almost tolerable for any major Heroics and the start of 10 mans.  You dont even need gear for Naxx anymore and you SHOULD hit all the instances at least one because the boss fights are just so cool this time around.  You haven't lived until you start having to do a few of the running fights in naxx (+++/--- or the flames out the cracks guy, or Thaddius and Heigan) and you realize every boss will probably have some sort of mechanic or concept you have to learn to whip through the fight and suddenly life doesn't suck so much.  I like the boss fights so much more in WotLK it isnt funny.

Even heroics/instance level bosses require some thought.  Sure you can beat most of em with gear, but you'll quickly learn who is competent and who isn't.

There are other changes (battlegrounds are never huge hour long fight-a-thons when someone turtles, Rep is easier to get) that I will not mention here because I dont remember them all.  But I liked WotLK a lot more than TBC.

anyways... sorry about the late reply, I was going to re-sub and decided to glance in this forum and see if anyone else had the same pangs I did. smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2010, 12:14:54 AM »

Twilight Highlands

Because I can,
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »

Someone complained that the Maelstrom was not Epic enough. Sure enough, the latest Beta build has this:

Flying around it is Epicus Maximus <Paragon of Epicosity>, a level 90 elite shark, who is being ridden by an elite rare devilsaur named <And a Dinosaur> riding a rocket and manning (dinosauring?) a laser beam, who is being ridden by an undead mage playing guitar named <Rock On>.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »

Quote from: Jag on July 30, 2010, 06:31:44 PM

Flying around it is Epicus Maximus <Paragon of Epicosity>, a level 90 elite shark, who is being ridden by an elite rare devilsaur named <And a Dinosaur> riding a rocket and manning (dinosauring?) a laser beam, who is being ridden by an undead mage playing guitar named <Rock On>.

That is by far the most epic of epic things that has ever shown up in a MMO, if not a game period. Nicely done, Blizzard. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
The Myoclonic Jerk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »

Anything new and exciting? I quit last October, just shy of level 60 or so. I've never played beyond vanilla. Getting the urge to resub, but I think I'd wear out quickly considering Cataclysm isn't here yet.

Formerly known as Sudy Nym.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »

I've been playing for about two months now and I got a DK to 80 and Shammy to 78.  I only play maybe an hour or two a day and I get plenty done

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
The Myoclonic Jerk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »

With a friend's help or RaF? I played far more than that a year ago, and while the XP curve was much quicker than at launch, it wasn't that fast. Then again, I spent half my time in the AH.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2010, 06:29:39 AM »

DKs start at 55. leveling is way easier because you can get a mount at 20 mount now and with the dungeon finder as well. plus i'm fairly certain they lowered the xp requirement to 60.
The Myoclonic Jerk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2010, 03:00:32 PM »

Oops, yeah, didn't notice one character was a DK. Still, to take a DK 55-80 and another character 1-78 in less than 120 hours seems impressive. Then again, maybe not if you stay out of the AH and don't craft.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »

you can go from 70 to 80 quick. i did it in less than a week with maybe 3 hours a day.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »

I haven't played since WoW since 2005  eek But now I'm really thinking into coming back and playing. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on July 31, 2010, 10:09:08 PM

I haven't played since WoW since 2005  eek But now I'm really thinking into coming back and playing. 

You wouldn't recognize a lot of it at this point if you haven't played since 2005.  Major class changes, glyphs, new races, Deathknight, two expansions, join anywhere multi-server battlegrounds, join anywhere multi-server dungeon finder (5 man only), exp in battlegrounds, lowered exp to level, graphical updates and so much more.  As much hate as WoW gets there is a reason why it's still the #1 MMO by a large margin.
The Myoclonic Jerk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »

So I'm a warrior trying to decide between 2H and dual wielding 1Hs. At level 22; talents don't come into play. Are the DPS numbers in my profile accurate, or do I need to factor in some increased chance to miss, or something? I know that off-hand DPS is lowered. But basically, I have two 1H level 20s that would seem to be giving me better DPS than a higher level 2H. Does dual wielding typically out-do equipping a 2H?

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »

Someone complained that the Maelstrom was not Epic enough. Sure enough, the latest Beta build has this:

I think that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in a MMO. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »

and I think its frikkin hilarious!  It shows that Blizz has a sense of humor.  I mean what can be more of a paragon of epicosity than a shark with a frikkin laser on its head?  Toss on a rocket ridin dinosaur with a guitar slinging undead mage on top....  Total and complete epicness in the face of all those who feel the Maelstrom wasnt epic enough.  I literally laughed out loud.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2010, 08:37:14 PM »

What?! In the world? This gives new meaning to 'jumping the shark'.  saywhat
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »

I think you guys are missing the joke. This is Blizzard, the same company that released the Diablo III with unicorns and rainbows screenshots when people complained DIII wasn't "dark enough".

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2010, 12:20:06 AM »

Quote from: Blackadar on August 06, 2010, 07:11:24 PM

I think that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in a MMO.  

It's not actually in the MMO. It was a joke for Beta.
The Myoclonic Jerk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »

So I got my wife hooked and we're RAFing it up.

At low levels (before 60? before 70?) are DPS builds for tanks and healers still viable in instances? We don't do every instance, but would like to do some, and I'm wondering if I can spec DPS yet still tank or heal competently. I know you can't do this at 80, but for the time being duoing PvE with a prot pally ain't as fun as I imagine ret would be.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2010, 02:10:36 AM »

in anticipation I have officially re-subbed.  I started a new toon on Whisperwind for now (my old stomping grounds).  so, what mods are must have nowadays?

Because I can,
Grimwar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2010, 03:23:39 AM »

I have not played in awhile, so they may not be the new hot thing, but I always had to have the following....

Bartender
Mik's Scrolling Battle text
Satrina's Buff Frames
Prat (Chat box mod)
ArkInventory
X-Perl or Pitbull (I prefer Pitbull, but both are good unit frames)

All my others were optional stuff like Deadly Boss Mods (I found it pointless if you pay attention, but it was nice in some BG's), Gladius (an arena frame mod) and Natur Enemy Cast (only useful in PvP for me)

Playing: Nothing really.  Bring on Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »

Quote from: The Myoclonic Jerk on August 17, 2010, 03:05:00 PM

So I got my wife hooked and we're RAFing it up.

At low levels (before 60? before 70?) are DPS builds for tanks and healers still viable in instances? We don't do every instance, but would like to do some, and I'm wondering if I can spec DPS yet still tank or heal competently. I know you can't do this at 80, but for the time being duoing PvE with a prot pally ain't as fun as I imagine ret would be.

It depends on your class, but for the most part, you could get away with it.  If you are a paladin tank, just having Righteous Fury will keep agro on you.  Might be a little tougher for warriors or druids.  As for healing, again depends on class, but you also have the option for dual talents which allow for a healing spec and dps spec.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »

Not playing any more but my Shaman never left home without Shock and Awe.  I hear Healers swear by Helabot.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 18, 2010, 02:10:36 AM

in anticipation I have officially re-subbed.  I started a new toon on Whisperwind for now (my old stomping grounds).  so, what mods are must have nowadays?

Alliance or Horde? Think we have people on both sides.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2010, 03:19:09 PM »

I ended up making an Alliance Dwarf Hunter, Rahalibut.  I'm not sure if I'm going to stay with him or try something else.

Because I can,
The Myoclonic Jerk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 18, 2010, 02:10:36 AM

so, what mods are must have nowadays?

Prior to endgame, at least, these are my favourites:

Addon Control Panel (manage add-ons and reload the UI from within the game)
Altoholic (check other characters' information without having to log out of current one)
Auctioneer (a lot of features, but most useful for recording recent AH prices so you can decide what to do with loot out in the field--also great for comparing current prices to regular ones on the AH)
Gatherer (remembers where you've found herbs/ore in the past and lists it on the map/minimap)
MailGet (retrieves all your mail at the push of a button--indispensable if you play the AH)
OneBag3/OneBank3 (all bags in one window)
WIM (WoW Instant Messager--tells are displayed on screen in separate windows)
Bartender or SpartanUI (previous is completely customizable; latter is a pre-designed new UI that uses six bars--so should be enough if not raiding)

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on August 18, 2010, 11:40:38 AM

Not playing any more but my Shaman never left home without Shock and Awe.  I hear Healers swear by Helabot.

healbot is the worse thing for a healer imo. with the healing changes coming in cata i would not learn how to heal using this mod, at all. use grid or vuhdo. i use vuhdo, it's very customizable and it synchs awesome with other people in the raid with vuhdo. healbot won't teach how to prioritize your healing, which sounds like it's going to be needed in cata.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2010, 01:17:53 AM »

if its your plan to power level a toon for cataclysm then I recommend you get Quest Helper.  It will speed things up substantially.   Bartender is a great addon, you can customise your bars anyway you like with it.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »

Thanks guys. Grabbed the control panel, quest helper, bartender and this one called Titan panel. Now for a potentially stupid question: at what level does the hunter get their first pet?  I'm hoping I didn't miss some quest for it, I'm at level 6 or 7 currently.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: