http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 04:49:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 43229 times)
Jaddison
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2010, 09:39:33 PM »

the 15 min window is after you get to the front of the queue at least
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »

well at least WoW skipped the whole micro-transaction thing and went full speed for the wallet.  $25 for a fancy mount skin?!  They do know how to separate a fool and his money dont they?

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »

The one nice thing about is that you would never have to get another mount again for any character.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 10:18:39 PM »

Quote from: drifter on April 16, 2010, 09:12:12 PM

The one nice thing about is that you would never have to get another mount again for any character.

Mounts aren't all that expensive though.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »

Quote from: Ascendent on April 16, 2010, 10:18:39 PM

Quote from: drifter on April 16, 2010, 09:12:12 PM

Mounts aren't all that expensive though.

True on both accounts (at least from what I know about WoW - as I haven't played in years). But it's also a flying mount, and aren't those at least a bit expensive?

Also, IMHO - items that can be used on all characters in a MMO are worth quite a bit. I know I forwarded a bit more money over to SoE for Everquest 2's latest expansion simply because it came with a fast mount that would be perfect for every character I currently have, and any other characters I'd make in the future.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »

It's only the epic flying training and the cold flying training that are expensive. 5000 for epic/1000 for Cold.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »

200 gold the cost for epic mounts, at least last time I checked. Also it is a combo land/flying mount, so only takes up one hotkey (although you can use a macro or mod that does this).
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »

Quote from: Toe on April 18, 2010, 04:54:15 PM

200 gold the cost for epic mounts, at least last time I checked. Also it is a combo land/flying mount, so only takes up one hotkey (although you can use a macro or mod that does this).

I suppose but if you can't come up with the 200 gold for the mount how would you afford the 1000 for regular flying training? I just think that it's ok if people want to buy the mount that's great its your money, people don't have to justify or defend the fact that they wanted to spend the money for a pretty pretty princess mount  icon_biggrin
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »

I've found money really isn't an issue once you hit 80.  I remember how much I struggled, begged and borrowed to get my first mount...and then my first epic mount.  Now I have four 80s, each with cold weather flying and epic mounts and another in the 70s with cold weather flying and I still have around 3,000 in my bank.  Gold is only a concern for a new player who just hit 80 (and really shouldn't be then since the quests and selling junk from 70-80 is usually enough to net around 4,000 alone).
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2010, 01:02:49 AM »

I you can't scrape together 200 gold you haven't been using the auction house to sell.

I just jumped back in after a year off and starting from scratch.  I have characters in early 20s and 3 of the 4 have 100 gold already just from auction house.  Apparently wool, leather, metal bars and briarthorn never go down in value in AH.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2010, 02:01:23 AM »

Quote from: Jaddison on April 19, 2010, 01:02:49 AM

I you can't scrape together 200 gold you haven't been using the auction house to sell.

I just jumped back in after a year off and starting from scratch.  I have characters in early 20s and 3 of the 4 have 100 gold already just from auction house.  Apparently wool, leather, metal bars and briarthorn never go down in value in AH.

Do you use any AH mods? I just don't like to go through the trouble of seeing whether or not my stuff will well.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010, 02:17:49 AM »

auctioneer is the main mod I use.  You have to let scan the auctions at least daily and it takes about 10 minutes.

Does really well pricing things that have been seen on the AH frequently....also you can select the model to use and bounce between them....i use market then std deviation.

Auctioneer does all the hard data crunching and makes it easy to post auctions with appraiser tab.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2010, 10:49:08 AM »

Quote from: Jaddison on April 19, 2010, 01:02:49 AM

Most herbs are over priced on my server (Llane) due to Inscription using them.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2010, 10:30:20 PM »

Funny. Most cloth on my server (Shandris-Alliance) is really expensive. Wool cloth is like 10 gold a stack, as is Mageweave.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »

wool is expensive on any server I have ever been on it is a true money maker
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:28 AM »

get your own two person touring rocket if you refer a friend.

here's how!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:11:38 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »

the Echo Isles.

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 06:00:11 PM »

I was playing a lowbie Tauren Shaman but my friend decided to start playing again and we so we were leveling our 70s together. Borean Tundra is an incredible zone.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 29, 2010, 06:00:11 PM

I was playing a lowbie Tauren Shaman but my friend decided to start playing again and we so we were leveling our 70s together. Borean Tundra is an incredible zone.

Not many folks cared too much for it (hence the name many players gave it, "Boring Tundra"). It was one of my least favorite in terms of art direction, overall themes, and consistency. I though Howling Ford, the other starter zone, was put together much better.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »

before the Cataclysm Blizzard thinks of the children.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »

friends and family testing of Cataclysm has begun.

Because I can,
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »

Quote from: Toe on May 02, 2010, 11:24:14 PM

Quote from: Ridah on April 29, 2010, 06:00:11 PM

Not many folks cared too much for it (hence the name many players gave it, "Boring Tundra"). It was one of my least favorite in terms of art direction, overall themes, and consistency. I though Howling Ford, the other starter zone, was put together much better.

It doesn't help that Blizzard named an achievement "Nothing Boring about Borean".
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »

the Halls of Origination.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2010, 06:39:16 PM »

I think I'm going to finally take the plunge and re-install today, sans the 2 expansions.  now if I can only find my discs....

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2010, 06:39:16 PM

I think I'm going to finally take the plunge and re-install today, sans the 2 expansions.  now if I can only find my discs....

you dont need the discs, just download it from blizzard.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on May 08, 2010, 06:46:05 PM

tried that once, took forever.  still, I figure I'll start the download while looking for the discs.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2010, 06:52:15 PM

Quote from: jersoc on May 08, 2010, 06:46:05 PM

I think I'm going to finally take the plunge and re-install today, sans the 2 expansions.  now if I can only find my discs....

tried that once, took forever.  still, I figure I'll start the download while looking for the discs.

it streams the game. shouldn't matter.

edit:actually that might be for the trial client, but regardless it should work the same. only difference is your account anyways. so just do that and then just login with your real account.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »

it may be a moot point, tried to get the client and got :

You are unable to access this page because this license is banned, locked, or suspended.

oh well, I'll probably deal with that at some point.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »

I'm still plugging away in WoW.  MY DK just hit 71 and I am close to 72, but I can see the XP is starting to crawl in Northrend.  Maybe, cause I am just exploring or I don't have access to flight yet, but I am finding it slow going which is killing my enjoyment.  I want to stick it out as I hear there are some cool quest lines in the game

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 10, 2010, 04:53:14 PM

I'm still plugging away in WoW.  MY DK just hit 71 and I am close to 72, but I can see the XP is starting to crawl in Northrend.  Maybe, cause I am just exploring or I don't have access to flight yet, but I am finding it slow going which is killing my enjoyment.  I want to stick it out as I hear there are some cool quest lines in the game

I finished my DK to 80 not too long ago. They increased leveling in Outlands, so it will seem much slower in Northrend. I did have flight right away so maybe that helped.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »

professions
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:30:55 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »

Quote from: Jag on May 10, 2010, 05:21:01 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 10, 2010, 04:53:14 PM

I finished my DK to 80 not too long ago. They increased leveling in Outlands, so it will seem much slower in Northrend. I did have flight right away so maybe that helped.

True.  If you already have an 80 then any other characters can make it to 80 much quicker.  Having 2 heirloom items (20% XP bonus) and cold weather flying at 68 saves a lot of time and makes Northrend less of a grind.  Of course it's still faster than just about any other MMO smile
snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »

CeeKay, did you get it reinstalled? I'm thinking of getting back into WoW again also, and wondered how long it will take to get the game installed and patched up. Do I need to start it when I go to sleep hoping it'll be done when I wake up... icon_lol

The quiet one.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2010, 10:21:58 PM »

When I went to download the client I got a message that my account was 'Banned locked or suspended' so I couldn't even download the client.  I haven't gotten around to arguing with blizzard about it (haven't touched the account in years so I'm guessing it was hacked) 

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2010, 03:23:44 AM »

Quote from: snoleopard on May 13, 2010, 09:23:49 PM

CeeKay, did you get it reinstalled? I'm thinking of getting back into WoW again also, and wondered how long it will take to get the game installed and patched up. Do I need to start it when I go to sleep hoping it'll be done when I wake up... icon_lol

Well, I'm downloading the Lich King version right now and after two hours it is about half way downloaded (3.8/7.5GB) and 30% installed (this installer installs at the same time as it downloads).  So yeah, unless you have ~5 hours to wait you're probably better off starting it before bed or leaving for a while.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »

best english ever in a spam message:

Olá, diego
    This is greetings from the World of Warcraft in preparation for accession to the World of Warcraft: The disaster of the beta test, come on! Azeroth world turmoil coming, and you certainly do not want to be forgotten in the cold winds of Northrend , unable to enjoy the pleasant sun Corzine on the island.
    To ensure the participation of the application to the candidate in order to verify your identity, please visit the followingFrom World of Warcraft account information for all the other games you are interested click series. Since your participation.
     you will get a large disaster closed beta Blizzard Entertainment Gift Pack for eligibility. Features such as mount / weapon. Thank you for your participation in the Blizzard team will continue to bring great catastrophe the most informative piece of information fast information.              
      Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Blizzard Entertainmen

Sincerely,
Account Administration
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:36:46 PM by Harkonis » Logged
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »

And here I thought the Google Translator could do better than that.  icon_eek icon_lol

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »

The disaster of the beta test, come on! 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »

Twin Peaks.  I wonder if the log lady will be hanging around.

Because I can,
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »

I think it's time for a graphical engine upgrade for WoW.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: