http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 02:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cataclysm coming to WoW: the Zandalari are Rising!  (Read 43571 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: January 02, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on January 02, 2011, 03:52:37 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on December 31, 2010, 06:47:21 PM

Said it in the hack thread, and I'll repeat it here.  I know the hacks on their end because of testing with fresh systems and one time use passwords.  Authenticator is a very good idea.
icon_lol

a nice theory, but no.

it's not a theory, and you're just being stupid

when you do a fresh install of windows on a formatted system, change your battle.net password to a unique never-before-used-and-never-again-used password, then reformat the system and it still gets hacked a few months later, it's an internal problem.  Denying that is being an idiot.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 02, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on January 02, 2011, 03:44:56 PM

I have reached lv.60 with my Worgen Druid. From what the leveling speed use to be when I played ages ago, the levels zoooomed by.  Maybe its my imagination but since I hit 60 that old level bar of experience is moving much slower now. Is it my imagination or is the trip from 60-70 based on the old speed of gaining levels?

Youre not the only one to notice this.  Even with the changes made to increase exp gain, the grind from 60-70 seems the longest.  Even longer than going from 70-80.  80-85 can be done easily in less than a week and with focused grinding you can do it in a couple of days.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 02, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »

/rant

BTW Blizz you are on my shit-list today.  You have had authentication problems for the whole weekend.  Yesterday you claimed you had a fix and things should be good but 18 hours later its worse than before.  I understand that these things happen Blizzard, but dont jerk us around with fake "fixes" and try to blow sunshine up our butts. You are treating us like rats at a pellet lever with the whole, if you cant get in, just wait a bit and try again schtick.  Bottom line Blizz, If you dont have it handled dont tell us you do.

/rant off

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on January 02, 2011, 06:37:59 PM

/rant

BTW Blizz you are on my shit-list today.  You have had authentication problems for the whole weekend.  Yesterday you claimed you had a fix and things should be good but 18 hours later its worse than before.  I understand that these things happen Blizzard, but dont jerk us around with fake "fixes" and try to blow sunshine up our butts. You are treating us like rats at a pellet lever with the whole, if you cant get in, just wait a bit and try again schtick.  Bottom line Blizz, If you dont have it handled dont tell us you do.

/rant off

Nerd rage?  I doubt they put in a fake fix.  The more likely scenario is they thought they had it fixed and didn't.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:12:30 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 03, 2011, 10:02:19 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 02, 2011, 04:32:51 PM

Said it in the hack thread, and I'll repeat it here.  I know the hacks on their end because of testing with fresh systems and one time use passwords.  Authenticator is a very good idea.
icon_lol

a nice theory, but no.

when you do a fresh install of windows on a formatted system, change your battle.net password to a unique never-before-used-and-never-again-used password, then reformat the system and it still gets hacked a few months later, it's an internal problem.  Denying that is being an idiot.

Actually it is Nlizzard that is hacked. i had not played in 3 years when they hacked my account. I also run multiple programs so i had no key logger, virus, torjan etc. It got re hacked o na new system after i got my account back even though i had not played it. I finally got a security fob. been good since then.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 03, 2011, 10:02:52 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on January 02, 2011, 06:37:59 PM

/rant

BTW Blizz you are on my shit-list today.  You have had authentication problems for the whole weekend.  Yesterday you claimed you had a fix and things should be good but 18 hours later its worse than before.  I understand that these things happen Blizzard, but dont jerk us around with fake "fixes" and try to blow sunshine up our butts. You are treating us like rats at a pellet lever with the whole, if you cant get in, just wait a bit and try again schtick.  Bottom line Blizz, If you dont have it handled dont tell us you do.

/rant off
ouch.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »

Playing the 10 day trial at the moment. So it seems so far that the zones that received the biggest quest revamp (that I've run in to so far) are the level 15-25 areas. I am leveling a human to see some of the old world changes; Elwyynn Forest had a few things moved around but nothing major. Then I got to Westfall and it was completely redone to match the caliber of the Worgen/Goblin starting areas. After Westfall came Redridge which also had a massive revamp. Then Duskwood which was back to having had very few changes made which was a bit disappointing after the prior two zones. I'm in Stranglethorn now and it started it with only minor changes (still has the Nesingwary grind slog which made me glad I took skinning) but as I'm finishing up Northern Stranglethorn and moving to the Cape of Stranglethorn I'm starting to see the innovative quest style again and have hopes for Cape of Stranglethorn being cool.

I know that Darkshore and Ashenvale got the big revamp and I've heard that Silverpine did as well so that all seems consistent with the 15-25 zone overhaul being gamewide (is it?).

So I'm curious about revamps of midrange and higher zones. Are there any in particular I should aim for to get the "new" quest style? Any that I should particularly avoid as they've barely changed?

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »

1K Needles is probably my favorite of the new questing areas so far.  I've made level 52 on the Horde side and 1K was AMAZING.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »

Yeah, Thousand Needles is basically 100% different.  It's awesome and I definitely recommend it.

Barrens is changed a bunch as well.  I'll come up with a list of some more zones when I have time, but it's strictly going to be from the Horde perspective.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »

Actually I'll just link you a great page with a summary of every single zone's changes.  Minor spoilers regarding 'story' though, because it explains why each zone changed.

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=174523/cataclysm-old-world-zone-changes
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »

Ok, organizing it myself here for my own reference but figured it might be useful to others as well.

A leveling progression list of most changed zones if you want to focus on the "new" quest content.
Subject to change as many of these zones I've not actually done yet and I'm going by online info. I've stuck an asterisk next to ones that I've confirmed (either myself or from another player) as being the new stuff.
Note that this list is focused on quest changes. Many zones received dramatic graphic/layout/map changes but not much in the way of sprucing up the content.

Alliance

Eastern Kingdoms:
1-12: Gilneas * (Worgen start)
1-12: Dun Morogh (Dwarf/Gnome start) *
10-15: Westfall * (excellent)
15-20: Redridge * (excellent)
10-20: Loch Modan *
35-40: Western Plaguelands *
40-45: Eastern Plaguelands * (great start then peters off slightly)
45-50: Badlands * (excellent)
55-58: Blasted Lands*

Kalimdor:
10-20: Darkshore *
20-25: Ashenvale *
25-30: Stonetalon Mountains* (pretty good)
30-40: Desolace
30-35: Southern Barrens *
35-40: Feralas
45-50: Tanaris
50-55: Un'Goro Crater * (mostly run of the mill but with some great quest lines at the end)

Horde

Eastern Kingdoms:
1-12: Kezan/The Lost Isles * (Goblin start)
10-20: Silverpine Forest * (have heard it's quite good)
20-25: Hillsbrad Foothills
30-35 Cape of Stranglethorn* (run of the mill start, fantastic finish)
35-40: Western Plaguelands *
35-45: Badlands *
55-58: Blasted Lands *

Kalimdor:
1-12: Durotar (Orc/Troll start)
1-12: Mulgore (Tauren start)
10-20: Azshara *
10-20: Northern Barrens *
25-30: Stonetalon Mountains *
30-40: Desolace
35-40: Feralas
40-45: Thousand Needles * (excellent)
50-55: Un'Goro Crater
45-50: Tanaris
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:54:58 PM by Gryndyl » Logged

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 09, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »

So for you end-gamers, how are you doing these days?

I breeze through most heroics now, especially if its with guildies. The last two pug groups I was in we got through Vortex Pinnacle and Shadowfang Keep without much issue.

Plus, my combat mana regen is at nearly 3600 now, I'm a healing God (in heroics that is, Blackwing Descent is another story) icon_twisted

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 10, 2011, 04:03:00 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on January 09, 2011, 06:23:46 PM

So for you end-gamers, how are you doing these days?

I breeze through most heroics now, especially if its with guildies. The last two pug groups I was in we got through Vortex Pinnacle and Shadowfang Keep without much issue.

My warrior is about maxxed out in terms of non-raid tank gear (currently at 350 item level). Almost exalted with the last faction I need (dont get anything for exalted with earthen ring). Working on my DPS set now. Did 16k DPS when I was not tanking in my first blackwing descent raid this past week. We killed the first 2 bosses without much difficulty. Still got tons of alts to work on though, have gotten my DK and hunter to 85, shaman to 83, priest 82 and warlock 81. Have blacksmithing, mining, herblism, alchemy, jewelcrafting, and engineering maxxed out among my characters, with enchanting over 500. Still working on my LW/skinner, tailoring, and inscription though.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 10, 2011, 05:08:40 AM »

We can beat heroics now, although we still expect a wipe or two.  Still gearing up my tank gear, need a touch more rep with two of them and a bunch more with one to have every useful piece of gear.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

4.7 million sold in the first month.  anyone surprised?

didn't think so  Tongue

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

I just started as a worgen this weekend...and finished their starting zone faster than I could admire the scenerey and story.  Next thing I know my new worgen is plopped in the N. Elf city and that's it.  It was a much shorter experience than I was expecting.  It was cool, just really short.  Doing quests in darkshore again, even with the change in scenery, isn't really exciting.  I wish they would have continued the worgen story to level 20 (and not stop at 12). 

On the other side of the world, the goblin starting zone has been really fun.  The blizzard writers are at their best when they're allowed to be clever and funny, and poke fun at themselves.  There's plenty of that for a new goblin player.  It just feels like so much more time went into the goblin zone than gilneas.  That's not to say the worgen zone is bad, it's not, it's just the goblin zone seems better crafted, with more TLC.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 10, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

I would suggest abandoning Darkshore and head over Redridge....it is much more fun though Ashenvale is pretty cool once you get there
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 10, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »

Darkshore gets a lot more fun eventually too.  I starts out really boring, but picks up after you get out of that town you start in.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 10, 2011, 10:17:19 PM »

Darkshore was a bore for me, but I completed most of Ashenvale and now I am camped my worgen in the Barrens

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »

I'm not even sure what area I'm in. All I know is I tamed a crab for a new pet.

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 10, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 10, 2011, 10:21:42 PM

I'm not even sure what area I'm in. All I know is I tamed a crab for a new pet.

Yes, but what did you do in the game?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 11, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »

I certainly wish Blizzard would do some work on the character creation options. Not one option for body size, shape etc.
Very limited for these times in gaming.
I'm at 67 now with a Worgen Druid(feral) I do great in BG's....And PvE is a snap. I've taken down elites with more than half my life left one level above mine(if this is the norm try not to laugh too hard its been ages since I played WoW)In the old days this wasn't a common thing.

I'm leaving BC lands for Nothrend as soon as I can, 68 I believe. I left WoW before Wrath was released so I"ve yet to even see what it looks like.

When you've been away from WoW as long as I have, and played other MMO's in the mean time........You really can see why WoW has the success it does.
Its the best effort yet from a developer to please all types of players and their likes and dis-likes. Its easy to take pot shots at the number 1..but ya gotta give props where props are due.

So glad I decided to give it another go.  nod

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 11, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »

Here's a map showing which zones to level in

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9714/30128f7.jpg
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 11, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on January 10, 2011, 09:48:11 PM

I would suggest abandoning Darkshore and head over Redridge....it is much more fun though Ashenvale is pretty cool once you get there
I took the boat to Stormwind and then hoofed it to Redridge.  I had plenty of company too...it was like a worgen exodus from darkshore.  So far Redridge questing has been good.  I picked up 2 new pets in that zone, a condor and a cool looking fox.   
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 11, 2011, 04:23:11 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 11, 2011, 04:14:39 PM

Quote from: Jaddison on January 10, 2011, 09:48:11 PM

I took the boat to Stormwind and then hoofed it to Redridge.  I had plenty of company too...it was like a worgen exodus from darkshore.  So far Redridge questing has been good.  I picked up 2 new pets in that zone, a condor and a cool looking fox.   

so that's where all the worgen are.  or may be, because we're probably not on the same server (Farstrider).  too bad it looks like I've outleveled Red Ridge for now.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 10, 2011, 03:58:47 PM

4.7 million sold in the first month.  anyone surprised?

didn't think so  Tongue

Ive gotten quite a laugh at various forums where people have been calling the sales proof that Blizz is failing since thats less than half of its subscriber base.  When you point out that the other half of the subscriber base is in China, which doesnt have the expansion yet, the usual reply is somethings like uhh yeah well its still half and you suck.  Im thinking Blizzard isnt too disappointed with the sales numbers.

ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 11, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on January 03, 2011, 10:02:19 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on January 02, 2011, 04:32:51 PM

icon_lol

a nice theory, but no.

Actually it is Nlizzard that is hacked. i had not played in 3 years when they hacked my account. I also run multiple programs so i had no key logger, virus, torjan etc. It got re hacked o na new system after i got my account back even though i had not played it. I finally got a security fob. been good since then.

Have to agree here, it's them, not us. My account was also hacked years after I quit and the email address was gone (swallowed by M$). I only found out because Falcon posted on the forums why I was back but not talking to anyone. Anyway, you can't tell me that someone managed to install a keylogger on a mac without the client even installed to steal a wow password.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:43 PM »

It's obvious that at least some of the hacks are coming from the inside.  With an international company with obvious third party vendors is it really surprising?  The only ones that worry me are the ones who claim they were hacked even with an authenticator.

I'll admit that I'm nervous about my other online games that don't use any type of authenticator.  I've already had my Aion account hacked and can't even get it reactivated.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on January 11, 2011, 02:44:46 PM

I'm leaving BC lands for Nothrend as soon as I can, 68 I believe. I left WoW before Wrath was released so I"ve yet to even see what it looks like.

When you've been away from WoW as long as I have, and played other MMO's in the mean time........You really can see why WoW has the success it does.
Its the best effort yet from a developer to please all types of players and their likes and dis-likes. Its easy to take pot shots at the number 1..but ya gotta give props where props are due.

Yes, immediately go to Wrath at 68.  Wrath/Cata are waaaaaay better than BC.  (also, you can specifically queue for your first Wrath dungeon at 68 through the Dungeon Finder)

And I totally agree on your last paragraph.  I can understand someone not liking the graphics/art-style of WoW... but NO ONE can criticize it for its content/mechanics/polish.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

the Cataclysm soundtrack is now out on iTunes.

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 12, 2011, 07:39:46 PM »

Hit 85 with my Shaman...  Now to consider running dungeons, so I can run heroics

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 13, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »

After completing both the worgen and goblin starter experiences, I created something I wish had been in the game from the start:  an undead hunter.  I shared earlier that I was dissapointed with the abrupt conclusion of the worgen story and content...officially ending at level 12 for a new worgen player.  

I've put this in spoilers in case you want to experience the worgen or foresaken story arcs on your own.  Both new racial story arcs are tied together, and tell the complete story:
Spoiler for Hiden:
As a worgen player, it felt like the gilneas-foresaken battle was over, and the gilneans lost...big time.  I was shipped off to the n. elf captial, and told to report to the n. elves to help in their struggle against the horde.  There is no further mention of gilneas, or of any surviving worgen.  I just assumed all survivors either got out, or died in the plague or during the city capture.  However, after starting my undead hunter, I've learned that's not the case...at all.  

They've done a great job with the new foresaken story arc in silverpine.  It's very good.  Even the initial level 1-10 foresaken experience is much better.  The foresaken have really emerged as a powerhouse set on global domination.  You really get the feeling that they are preparing for all out war…against everyone.

As a nub forsaken (yes they actually call you that in the quest line), you learn that after the capture of gilneas, that some worgen remained behind to fight.  In fact, these surviving worgen are kicking the crap out the forsaken and horde reinforcements.  It sucks that new worgen players will never see this, and have no idea that any of this is happening.  Blizz did a good job of making the worgen actually seem a little disturbing for a new forsaken.   I’m not completely done with the silverpine content, but if you want to see what happens to the worgen post gilneas, start up a new forsaken character.  You will be working directly for the dark lady.  It’s very cool.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:45 AM »

The Rambo quests in Redridge are awesome.  

Edited to add:  The conclusion to the John J. Keeshan (Rambo) quest line in Redridge was f'ng awesome.  I can't reveal any of the awesomeness without giving away the big surprise, but damn, that was cool.  I actually just sat there and stared at the monitor for a few seconds blown away by what I just saw.  

I've never done any of the high level dungeons or raids, so that was a f'ng awesome experience for me.  Bravo Blizzard writers, bravo.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:07:45 PM by Roguetad » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 19, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »

want to win a signed WoW novel?

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/contests/shattering/

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »

I'm really impressed with the low-mid level quest overhaul they did in the old world.  If you are at all interested in seeing the revamped old world from the perspective of a newly rolled character, I highly recommend (in this order):

1.  Undead anything.  The foresaken story arc has been really improved...and changed.  It's carried strongly into the mid 20s, with no sign of letting up anytime soon.  The newly built up foresaken zones look awesome.  The quest writing has been consistently strong, with hilarious and clever twists and turns if you take the time to enjoy them.  There are some remnants of the old quests, but they are well incorporated into the new foresaken story arc.  Highly recommended.  And best of all, you don't need to pay for the expansions to experience this.  Foresaken starting area > Brill > Silverpine > Hillsbrad.  I finished a quest the other day that had me searching for a pretty girl with long golden hair.  Turns out the pretty girl is actually a male npc blood elf adventurer who I gave a quest to earlier in the quest chain (you get to play a quest giver…and are introduced to 2 very funny npc adventurers).  The undead kept referring to the blood elf as a little girl, it was hilarious.  Blizzard poked fun at themselves on that one…having him ride in on one of their celestial mounts.    

2.  Goblin anything.  From the starting island to the town in a box, to hitting the mainland and questing in newly designed Azshara (sp?), and then to Ashenvale, the goblin story arc is funny, clever, and very fun.  Highlights include working with the goblin special forces Gob Squad (part of the Acquisitions and Mergers division of the Bilgewater Cartel), combat support for the Bilgewater Battalion, and paradropping into ashenvale to support more goblin commando ops (including a hilarious assassination mission culminating in a tandem free fall dive from an exploding tower).  You will walk away with a newfound respect for goblins, especially their special forces units.  They pack some serious firepower...and they're crazy.

For anyone considering starting a Worgen, the experience starts well, but doesn't carry into a story arc of any kind.  The worgen story line effectively ends at level 12, at which point worgen players can start the night elf quests, or head off to team up with the humans in Westfall, Redridge and beyond.   If you want to see the worgen story arc continue, you will need to play forsaken.  It’s a shame they abruptly end that story arc for the actual worgen player.  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:56:30 PM by Roguetad » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 19, 2011, 09:59:58 PM »

I guess I have different interests, because I deleted my goblin after 20 minutes in that starter area.  The quests were flat out annoying.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 19, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 19, 2011, 08:51:15 PM

For anyone considering starting a Worgen, the experience starts well, but doesn't carry into a story arc of any kind.  The worgen story line effectively ends at level 12, at which point worgen players can start the night elf quests, or head off to team up with the humans in Westfall, Redridge and beyond.   If you want to see the worgen story arc continue, you will need to play forsaken.  It’s a shame they abruptly end that story arc for the actual worgen player.  

That was a major disappointment for me.  The worgen storyline through 12 was so much fun and for the most part extremely well executed, I just assumed there had to be more. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 20, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on January 19, 2011, 09:59:58 PM

I guess I have different interests, because I deleted my goblin after 20 minutes in that starter area.  The quests were flat out annoying.
Cabbage Patch

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 20, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 20, 2011, 09:43:47 AM

Quote from: Arkon on January 19, 2011, 09:59:58 PM

Cabbage Patch

A match made in heaven.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 20, 2011, 05:54:58 PM »

The initial goblin starting area is about introducing the player to goblin cartel culture.  Greed, backstabbing, looking good, building up your own cartel of followers.  I took those as mostly flavor quests.  It's not until after Kezan do you get introduced to their more adventurous side, out of necessity.  They are badasses, and think nothing of sacrificing one (or a dozen) for the many.

Fairly quickly after Kezan you get a taste of goblin commando tactics while supporting the Orcs...and one very important Orc in particular. The pacing picks up quickly, and the next thing you know you're wearing thermal goggles calling out SI-7 infiltrators, riding a black panther, piloting a mechanical shark, riding a rocket Evel Knievil style, dogfighting in a goblin fighter plane, and melting hordes of zombies using rocket boots...to name a few of the interesting quests.  Oh, and did I mention that you will be working directly for a certain very important Orc?  

I can see the goblin culture being a turn off for some mmo vets who prefer more of the standard fantasy rpg flavor.  But if you like crazy ass little commando badasses who eat each other for breakfast, and care mostly about making money, pushing their jury rigged tech to the brink of disaster, and blowing shit up, you will probably enjoy the goblin experience.  I didn't think I would like it, and I didn't initially, but I was won over by the time I got to Evel Knievil over the river of death.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:57:24 PM by Roguetad » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: