http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 01:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (WoW) - Cosmos...  (Read 1929 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2004, 11:17:01 PM »

I would love to try this UI out.. however for the past week I have been unable to actually connect to the site.  Is the program available anywhere else?
The Chauffeur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 12:07:04 AM »

Check the interface forum on the WoW forums. There are lots of mirror sites set up.

Great UI, use it myself!
JRC1978
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 12:33:42 AM »

Cosmos is cool, but it feels awkward to me.  There are way too any options, and when i turn on the oens I want my screen becomes a jumbled mess.  I like UI's to have nice features and be compact and easy.  If the rogue helper and the tell window were integrated betetr into the UI I would love it, but as it stands they are to intursive.

CTMod is a very good one if you want a clean, neat mod like I do.  It has a DPS meter nicley placed out of the way, all the hot bars that Cosmos has and it is more user firendly.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 01:09:56 AM »

You can also get it from Thottbot, but you need to log in.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 01:51:09 AM »

Tried thottbot but am getting an error every time I try to login, most likely due to using Opera.
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 05:12:54 AM »

Well, the app, compressed, is only 1.2 mb, so if you send me your email address i could send it to you as an attachment.  You would just unzip the contents into your WoW directory.
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 04:57:53 PM »

Cosmos has a lot of extra, unneeded crap in it.

So I just disable it all.  I just use the second bar, the side bars, and few small other additions.  I love all of the options for it, it lets me customize where the bars go, that way I can decide where to put them instead of the mod maker deciding where to put them.

If I added a sig, would you read it?
Vesper
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 05:39:03 PM »

I tried Cosmos and also thought it was extremely bloated.  I switched to CTMod and am much happier.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 08:35:21 PM »

I use Cosmos and a few from Telo's mod.

From Cosmos:
Sidebar (gotta have the 12 buttons it gives you)
Bottombar (the one that adds on a huge choice of bars on the right bottom side, and can hide the ones you don't use - I use it for another 1x10 set of buttons)
Clock (gotta have that EXP per hour among other things)
Whatever mod that makes the quests scroll quickly and gives you a level estimate of them

From Telo:
LootLink (gives you a giant searchable database of items you learn as you click on people/use the auction - I have nearly 6000 items now in my list)
MobHealth (gives an estimation of how much HP a mob has left in numberical format, learns as it goes)

It's sad how many buttons I need as a Hunter, but I really need ~30 buttons easily accessable at all times without switching button bars.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: