http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 10:11:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WoW] 1.8 info for real!  (Read 2442 times)
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2005, 07:20:18 PM »

Massive update for 1.8 patch and expansion

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

You will be able to transfer your character to another realm or to another account.  We could transfer all of our characters into the same realm and create a consolegold guild.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 07:23:56 PM »

Cool! Can't wait for the expansion info!
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 07:44:48 PM »

I didnt see anything specific mentioned there about 1.8 or the expansion.

olaf
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 07:47:37 PM »

Quote from: "olaf"
I didnt see anything specific mentioned there about 1.8 or the expansion.

olaf

Look at the top news article on the www.worldofwarcraft.com page

here is a direct link...
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=4782636&p=1&tmp=1#post4782636
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 08:31:32 PM »

Its nice that you can transfer to another account.  I am sure that just helps the people who want to sell Toons, but for people like me who will be getting a 2nd account when the GF gets a new PC, I will be able to take my toons to the new account, and she can keep her toons with her, or vice-a-versa.

I did read through there.  Some interesting stuff even if none of it is REAL specific.  New stuff in Silithus, the area thats half closed off..smile
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 11:23:03 AM »

The only thing that is mentioned for the 1.8 patch is the release of Silithus content.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 11:27:52 AM »

Quote from: "Toe"
The only thing that is mentioned for the 1.8 patch is the release of Silithus content.

Ya, I wouldn't draw any conclusion that those fake release notes are in any way contained in 1.8. The fact that a 1.8 update is coming out should not really be a surprise...

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 12:45:43 PM »

Yeah, that's just Bliz's somewhat near-term vision, basically letting folks know about stuff for the next 1-6 months. It's meant to give a high-level overview of the next 3-4 patches or so.  The only thing I'd expect to see out of that, as has been mentioned, is the new quest content in Silithus. The 20  (happy olaf? smile) and 40 man content I believe has been slated for 1.9.

[edit]

Oh, and I've said it elsewhere, but I seriously hope they consider putting at least a couple of those new dragons into instances. We need some more Onyxia-style content, with a single instanced raid boss that can be done in under an hour.

As it is right now, Azuregos (moreso) and Korrak (less so) are getting killed mostly by the same folks during the work day, meaning those of us who typically play in the prime time slot will never see these guys.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they actually spawned at a random time, instead of just a random day, but that unfortunately is not the case.
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 04:21:23 PM »

Quote from: "Gedd"

It probably wouldn't be so bad if they actually spawned at a random time, instead of just a random day, but that unfortunately is not the case.

Actually, they do spawn at random times.  There is a minimum time after the server comes up before they will spawn, but the range after that point is 24 hours, and all subsequent spawns have a 24 hour window as well.  I am absolutely certain that is the case for Azuregos, I have personally tracked his spawn times on multiple servers to make sure it was working when he first went in.  Korrak works the same way, but I only watched Azuregos closely.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 07:14:31 PM »

Quote from: "tiny ogre"
Actually, they do spawn at random times.

Ah ha, you fell for my trap!

Well, not really but I was guessing that if I posted that someone would come along and say that the time was random. It's just odd then because I never hear of anyone on Whisperwind killing them at night.  Yet quite a few times I'll hop on for a few minutes during lunch and I'll see folks pulling together a raid for him. Must be just one of those personal experience things then.

(and I still think my desire for more Onyxia-like content is valid smile)
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 07:23:02 PM »

I'd love to know how much this "fee based" transfer is going to be???  I have a strong feeling that they will not allow people to transfer from PvE to PvP but please for the love of anything let people transfer from PvP to PvE.  Many of us have been begging and pleading for the transfer since they implemented the "honor" system and basically destroyed the existing PvP dynamic.

They have also confirmed that the murloc pet is exclusive to BlizzCon attendees (lets ignore the fact that people have begged for these since December of last year) and will not be available anywhere else (except eBay once Blizzcon is over).  I still don't understand the piss off 99% to please 1% argument but Blizzard obviously knows what they're doing.

And damnit...as much as I bitch, moan, and gripe about the game I still play it almost every day smile
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 02:12:10 AM »

Yeah... well I think everyone who plays WoW should cancel their accounts until Starcraft 2 is released!!!!!!

The day after it hits store shelves, everyone could then resubscribe, and Blizzard could continue making their 50 mil a month.  

I mean, pffft.... how hard could that be to organize?  

Who's with me !?!?!?!?!?!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

So youre saying I would be able to take my character from one server(realm) and bring him to another? Even from pvp to pve? Hmmm.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 07:02:09 AM »

Quote from: "tiny ogre"

Actually, they do spawn at random times.  There is a minimum time after the server comes up before they will spawn, but the range after that point is 24 hours, and all subsequent spawns have a 24 hour window as well.  I am absolutely certain that is the case for Azuregos, I have personally tracked his spawn times on multiple servers to make sure it was working when he first went in.  Korrak works the same way, but I only watched Azuregos closely.

Well on Suramar one guild has 95+% of all Kazzak/Azuregos kills since those mobs were introduced.  In fact they have every single Kazzak kill but one and they kill him like clockwork.  Its way too easy to camp a level 1 character back there and check his spawn.

3 guilds have killed Rag on this server (2 Alliance, 1 Horde) and lots more are in MC and certainly capable of doing Kazzeregos.  So regardless of how the spawn works, unless your intention is to have one guild monopolize the mobs, it probably needs to be changed.  I would also say that Eye of Shadow drop rate needs upping off the Winterspring mobs.

olaf
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 02:24:20 PM »

Maybe I'll wait til 1.8 to re-sub.  I want my characters off the no-name backwater piece of crap server they're on.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 01:14:01 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Maybe I'll wait til 1.8 to re-sub.  I want my characters off the no-name backwater piece of crap server they're on.

Stated in the other thread as well, but there's no mention that the new character transfer service will be going live in 1.8.  It's only mentioned in their long-term plan, which means it could be coming tomorrow or 3 months from now.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 04:02:33 PM »

Stated in the other thread as well, but there's no mention that the new character transfer service will be going live in 1.8.  It's only mentioned in their long-term plan, which means it could be coming tomorrow or 3 months from now.

I might wait for 1.8 and character transfers before resubbing, actually.

Who said character transfers are coming in 1.8?  All I've seen is that they'll be making them available sometime, but nothing specific at all mentioned.
Well crap.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: