http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:43:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC] The Secret World MMORPG : No Longer Pumped, Just Playing it.  (Read 19474 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »

I figured this out - mostly that I don't need to bother with White & Black Marks of Venice to get what I want. I missed that there were merchants in Kingsmouth near the Sheriffs station. What I really needed was a better Blood Magic tome and a glyph that would give me improved Penetration to trigger some synergy with Chaos magic. I quested enough Solomon seals to buy both and wow what a difference.

I'm decent in 'Hit' via talismans, but what I really need now is something that triggers evades. I just unlocked an active ability for evades, but I'm reluctant to unequip other abilities right now which are sort of critical to my survival. Really wish there was 1 more space for active and passive abilities. I believe that's coming in the next expansion or the most recent one.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 12, 2013, 02:50:12 AM »

Not sure you could be much later to the party than I am on The Secret World.
My brother and I are playing it together, and are just about ready to head to the Savage Coast (In other words - pretty early in the game I think).
So far I love it.  A lot.  This game is a ton of fun!
No idea if it stays that way, but so far it just gets better every night we play.
LOVE the story!

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 12, 2013, 07:11:43 PM »

Yeah, the Savage Coast zones are really good. Then there's the Egypt area which didn't do much for me. The group I was playing with finished Egypt and we were about to move on to the Transylvania area, which looked like fun, but FFXI got in the way of that.

Only real knock I have against the game is the non-scaling dungeons. There's three of us in the group and the dungeons are just too difficult for that small of a party - need a full group. So didn't get to play much of any of them due to that.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 18, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on November 12, 2013, 07:11:43 PM

Only real knock I have against the game is the non-scaling dungeons. There's three of us in the group and the dungeons are just too difficult for that small of a party - need a full group. So didn't get to play much of any of them due to that.

I really like the game and have recently been playing it. My major complaint is that with so much of the content soloable, players seem to be disinterested in grouping. I always place my character in the looking for group list, but I don't think I've ever seen more than 2 others players do the same. It's wonderful to have a game that's really rich in story and have the majority of it playable on your own, but group experience seems to be the victim of that. Getting in a raid -can't recall the exact term- is an even bigger challenge. I've done monitoring the main chat channel for group raids in the main hub area, but there seems to be little activity in that regard.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: