http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:32:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iOS] Order and Chaos Online  (Read 1098 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:16 PM »

The first iOS WoW clone is apparently out.... in Canada! 

http://toucharcade.com/2011/04/26/gamelofts-order-chaos-online-hits-canada-presumably-launching-internationally-soon/
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:03:27 PM »

Apparently this went live last night.  Any takers?  Anyone want to choose a server?  TouchArcade is on the Arcadian Forest server, not that I know anyone from there.  Otherwise I'll pick one and post something tonight....

http://toucharcade.com/2011/04/27/order-chaos-online-goes-worldwide-lets-take-over-the-arcadian-forest-server/
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »

wouldn't it be easier just to keep playing D2 and Rift? ;P
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:57:08 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 27, 2011, 09:20:52 PM

wouldn't it be easier just to keep playing D2 and Rift? ;P

Not to mention Majesty 2, MK9, Dungeon Hunter, Dragon Age 2, FF3 (iPad) and a bunch of other crap.  I've resigned myself that I won't really settle down in a game until D3 and/or GW2.  Just nothing else is really going to satisfy me.

In the mean time, I created "Rittchard" on Arcadian Forest server.  Will see how it goes smile
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »

Played for a little bit last night, pretty much what you'd expect in terms of gameplay. While I'm impressed they are able to run this on a mobile platform, I don't think trying to flat out copy WoW gameplay is the way to go about doing a mobile MMO game.

If for some reason you want a mobile (wifi only I think right now) WoW-clone, this looks to be as close as you can get at the moment.  They definitely found a way to have a bunch of people running around an area at a time and still be able to do questing/combat etc. - so that's a step beyond the instancing that Pocket Legends does. 
KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »

rittchard, do you have any more impressions?
KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »

I caved and bought the game and have now played for about two hours. So far, I've done only fetch and kill x number of bad guys quests. It does play like a mobile WoW clone, although so far, the loot drops have been pretty poor.
KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »

After playing this a lot more, I've come to realize that I really miss the golden trail to your quest from Fable 2.  The arrow pointer keeps getting me lost.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »

I've been messing around with this a little bit, and mostly like it.  Seems like I get lag deaths about once an hour though, which is going to cause major issues as I get a bit further on.  Playing a warrior named Stromos on the Arcadian Forest realm.

Is there any way to disable the global chat window?  It takes up a ton of screen real estate, and I don't give a rats-arse about the shit people continually spam on there.

Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »

They just released this on the HTC Sensation a few weeks ago. This game has been perfect for slow days at work.

I think I enjoy it even more than the current version of WoW. WoW was starting to feel too easy and too much content relied on gimicks. O&C reminds me of the early days of WoW. It feels a bit more like a real world rather than an amusement park and the difficulty is about right. Its still a total WoW clone, but it has struck a nice balance between the old and the new versions of WoW. Its also quite a bit better than Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Warspear Online.

My only complaint is that it will eat a battery in about an hour of play. It also requires a Wifi connection to play. Other than that its pretty much dominated my game time for short breaks at work. I am always surprised at how much I can get done during a 10-20 minute game session.

Its also the only "real" game I have found for Android. I would love it if there were an Oblivion style 3D RPG, but the choices are still a bit limited on this platform.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: