http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 07:24:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [EVE] The Trendy Squid Trading Corporation - Mining op  (Read 13711 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »

I'm up for this tonight - I've started moving all the stuff we had, except for the ships, to the new office, since that will probably be where we stay the most.

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »

Ah, good point Raz.  Tonight I'll be concentrating on the op, but tomorrow I'll help haul everything across.  By the way, did you know we haven't actually paid for any office space yet?

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 06:35:52 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 17, 2009, 06:30:52 PM

Ah, good point Raz.  Tonight I'll be concentrating on the op, but tomorrow I'll help haul everything across.  By the way, did you know we haven't actually paid for any office space yet?
Ah, but we have - I can see both the deductions in the Master Wallet?

A new one
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to set this stuff up. I should be on tonight 9-10ish (Eastern time) ready to help out in any way. If there's already guys flying protection (rats in .6?), I'll do what I can to get myself able to mine or haul...I'll need to get some skills trained first I think.

If all the world's a stage...then I want better lighting.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on March 17, 2009, 06:35:52 PM

Ah, but we have - I can see both the deductions in the Master Wallet?

Really?  Last time I looked at the corp wallet there were two entries in bills payable that totalled near 2 million ISK.

BrianE, yep, plenty of rats in 0.6.  Just ask to join the gang when you log on and then ask what needs to be done.  Don't worry, you can train yourself up to at least mine in no time. smile

Steam profile
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 12:49:20 AM »

Results of our first op, after all the ore was in one place:
55,140 Golden Omber
23,030 Silvery Omber
7854 Omber
83,520 Massive Scordite
11,320 Condensed Scordite

This refined into:
299,580 Tritanium
144,388 Pyerite
53,707 Isogen

It's all in the new corp hanger at Garoun Bank, in the Mining Division section.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »

eek

That's fantastic for, what, an hour's work?  Regular ops like that are going to enable all kinds of production and help us on our way to becoming completely self-sufficient.  And more to the point, it was fun!

Steam profile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »

Somebody needs to work their way down towards a Mining Barge. It's scary what strip mining can pull in. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 18, 2009, 03:09:53 PM

Somebody needs to work their way down towards a Mining Barge. It's scary what strip mining can pull in. biggrin

I have an old alt that can fly a procurer (if that is what you're talking about as a Mining Barge)...I can pull him out of retirement as needed.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »

I was in a Retriever. I'm wavering on getting a Covetor, or holding out for a Hulk, which so far is out of range of my pocketbook, at 104 mil purchase price. I could buy a Covetor today, they're only 18 mil or so. If I upgrade to Covetor, anyone who wants to take over the retriever is welcome to.

Also, seeing as how we need Nocxium for production, I've headed up into Caldari Space to mine some Pyroxeres, an ore not found in Gallente space. How much do we need to meet immediate demand?

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 06:35:35 PM »

No idea at the moment, with no stated production requirements other than antimatter charges, I actually need relatively little amounts for now.  One unit of nocxium is needed for 100 antimatter charges.  However, once we start producing other stuff the demand is sure to surge so it'd be a good idea to stockpile.

Steam profile
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »

I wouldn't mind some Gremlin and Phalanx rockets, and Piranha and Sabretooth light missiles.
andon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2009, 01:43:36 AM »

Okay, you win folks.  I'm in with Andon, my mining character.  Please let me know what I can do to help.   I can mine a ton of minerals fast so please let me know what you need.

Also, if anyone wants to do some "for profit" mining, I'd be happy to lend my skills.  We can gang up, hit a belt, and bring in a few million tons of minerals in a short time and sell them on the market.   I can typically make a 4-7 million doing this for an hour or 2.  Just need a hauler buddy and the time.

See ya soon.
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2009, 04:44:10 AM »

My second alt can fly a Mammoth with t2 cargo expanders. Just need a night when I can play.

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 10:05:33 AM »

As I've said in an Eve mail, currently we do not use Isogen in production but it sells at good prices on the market, so any time anyone fancies doing a spot of mining for the corp, see if you can find any Omber.

Razgon - we have 120,000 units of Isogen sitting in Amygnon at the moment.  With your permission I'd like to sell half of it and make about three million ISK for the corp...?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:02:47 AM by Huw the Poo » Logged

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »

Go crazy, huw! You'r the production executive, so - you'r in charge of that area :-)

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 10:41:50 AM »

OK, I went crazy!  Corp wallet now contains more than nine million ISK. smile

Thanks very much to all who contributed Isogen, its respective ores, or refining expertise!

Steam profile
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »

So I've been reading these threads for about a week now sitting on the fence on whether to join up or not.  After reading the latest on mining and production this morning, I decided it's time to get off the fence and join!  So answer me this... what would you consider most needed by the corp right now? I used to play a long time ago and most aspects of the game are interesting to me so I would find most enjoyment by being useful to the corp filling a needed role.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on March 19, 2009, 01:30:26 PM

So I've been reading these threads for about a week now sitting on the fence on whether to join up or not.  After reading the latest on mining and production this morning, I decided it's time to get off the fence and join!  So answer me this... what would you consider most needed by the corp right now? I used to play a long time ago and most aspects of the game are interesting to me so I would find most enjoyment by being useful to the corp filling a needed role.

We need whatever you'll have fun with playing as :-) Dont worry about it, its a pretty casual corp. For now, we've only done mining missions together in High-Sec space, but probably will eventually in low sec as well.

Just come join us and have fun!!

A new one
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 01:58:43 PM »

Ok, well I will probably start up a miner then and work my way towards the big mining barges.  Mybe train up to a cruiser on the side for running missions too.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »

I can only echo what Raz said.  Right now we're still deciding on roles and we're a small corp so we could do with members in all professions.  Above all, though, the corp was deliberately set up to be casual so you won't ever be forced into doing anything.

In my entirely unbiased opinion, I say you should join us! icon_biggrin

Steam profile
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »

Scratch the above... I'm going to go the hauler and trading route to support mining missions and transport goods between stations.  Perhaps I can also act as a gateway for us selling our excess materials to other stations to maximize our income potential.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »

That would be most useful, Covenant.  Our haulers struggle to keep up with the expert miners in the corp sometimes!  Trading would also be very good, if you can figure out the market it would be an excellent source of income for us. smile

Steam profile
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »

I have upgraded to a Covetor. I left my Retriever in Caldari space and I can zoom back there for Nocxium when it's needed.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:10 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on March 19, 2009, 02:48:47 PM

Scratch the above... I'm going to go the hauler and trading route to support mining missions and transport goods between stations.  Perhaps I can also act as a gateway for us selling our excess materials to other stations to maximize our income potential.

That's really a fantastic role to pick up on Covenant. If you really focus on trading to where you have the skills to check the market and make remote purchases across regions, you could make a ton of ISK.

I had a "Trader" on my old acct that could rake it in once I had enough overhead built up to make bulk purchases and a large cargo hold. There were two small keys for him to be somewhat successful...

When breaking down projected profit of a run, do it by the square meter rather than per unit.

Never...never ever run empty. Even running oddball NPC goods can make you ISK, so I'd plan out 5 and 6 stop round trips. Sure, some of them may be 20 jumps, but I'd come out the backside (don't snicker) with a few mil in profit.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

Thanks for the tips Boomer... from my initial research, it looks like this job has a LOT to it.  Should keep me interested and rich  icon_twisted
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2009, 02:32:25 AM »

Should we plan on another mining op, maybe this weekend sometime? Might be best during the day US-time so the Euros can stay longer.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2009, 02:42:26 AM »

I think so.  icon_smile
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2009, 07:37:40 AM »

I'll be free for some roid-popping on Saturday evening Eve time. smile

Steam profile
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »

Future reference it is best to have your HQ in some backwater system or in a place that would be easier for people to join from that is seperate from where the corp is. If you get wardecced it is harder to find where you base everything out of if you have multiple offices and an HQ that is in the middle of no where.

Also you will need combat guys if you are going to start mining into low sec systems, which you guys seem to be getting close to as you'll want to explore and mess around with other things. If you guys want PVP tips let me know I can start making some posts/articles and can start you guys going on gank squads or small ops.

Up to you. PVP is the part of the game that you have to learn by truly doing. Mining is fun and all, but chasing down battleships and cruisers 20 jumps with there friends right on you is where it's at slywink. It is also the perfect time to get to learn that part of the game since frigates, destroyers and T1 cruisers are cheap and expendable. Along with medical clones.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »

Any suggestions on how to run a Mining Op in low-sec would be great Skylander....from scouting the system, to setting up shop, to keeping the Op secure, to actually exiting with the goods. smile

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2009, 07:19:36 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on March 20, 2009, 05:37:44 PM

Future reference it is best to have your HQ in some backwater system or in a place that would be easier for people to join from that is seperate from where the corp is. If you get wardecced it is harder to find where you base everything out of if you have multiple offices and an HQ that is in the middle of no where.

Also you will need combat guys if you are going to start mining into low sec systems, which you guys seem to be getting close to as you'll want to explore and mess around with other things. If you guys want PVP tips let me know I can start making some posts/articles and can start you guys going on gank squads or small ops.

Up to you. PVP is the part of the game that you have to learn by truly doing. Mining is fun and all, but chasing down battleships and cruisers 20 jumps with there friends right on you is where it's at slywink. It is also the perfect time to get to learn that part of the game since frigates, destroyers and T1 cruisers are cheap and expendable. Along with medical clones.

I will read and memorize everything you have to say about PvP. I am looking forward to losing my first Merlin this weekend (that's a goal I've set for myself).  icon_biggrin

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2009, 01:12:47 PM »

Mining op in Amygnon tonight!  Woooo!  Bring out your miners, barges, haulers and combat drones!  Let's paaaaaarty!

/beer

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 21, 2009, 01:12:47 PM

Mining op in Amygnon tonight!  Woooo!  Bring out your miners, barges, haulers and combat drones!  Let's paaaaaarty!

/beer

I'll see if I can come - My EVE time is a bit limited the coming days, I'm afraid

A new one
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2009, 02:47:04 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 21, 2009, 01:12:47 PM

/beer

I'll be on tonight...I'll help mine if we're jet canning or I can bring my new hauler out there (or both probably).  I'm Adarra in-game for those who didn't see the initial conversation when I joined.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »

Some people have been asking me when the op begins.  I don't know how Razgon feels but in keeping with the casual nature of the corp I've just been saying "whenever there are enough people in Amygnon willing to take part."  Myself, I'll probably be online around 21:00 Eve time.

Steam profile
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2009, 12:43:01 AM »

Results of today's mining op:

lots of stuff mined.  icon_smile

After refining, we had
3,512,313 Tritanium
814,232 Pyerite
210,515 Mexallon
7,691 Isogen

It's all in the mining hanger at Garoun
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

* Huw the Poo dances with joy

Great job everyone, that is what I'd call a resounding success!  Everything went smooth as poo.  Thanks to all who took part.  I've moved all the minerals over to the X-Sense facility.  Now we need to decide what to do with it all.  The first thought that comes to my mind is selling a lot of it to make as much ISK as possible.  The cash would then be used to buy ship blueprints, e.g. for destroyers which tend to go pop a lot.  Frigates are so cheap that I don't think they're worth producing.  Then future mining ops can feed the production of ships.  Thoughts?

Steam profile
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »

Due to the time zone difference I seem to just miss you guys, so I'm wondering how I can contribute to the effort when I get in? Train up to run a hauler and pick up cans, move stuff between stations? Or, is it possible to explore systems for undiscovered belts, and provide you with locations that you can hit later?

If all the world's a stage...then I want better lighting.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:28 PM »

Quote from: BrianE on March 22, 2009, 06:54:55 PM

Due to the time zone difference I seem to just miss you guys, so I'm wondering how I can contribute to the effort when I get in? Train up to run a hauler and pick up cans, move stuff between stations? Or, is it possible to explore systems for undiscovered belts, and provide you with locations that you can hit later?

I was wondering if your probing ability allows you to see 'roid belts? If so...Wormhole belts? Mega money?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: