http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 11:10:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Aion] Official Gaming Trend Legion Thread  (Read 15536 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2009, 04:12:07 AM »

I'll be out of game for awhile while I figure out how to pay for another month.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 23, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 23, 2009, 04:12:07 AM

I'll be out of game for awhile while I figure out how to pay for another month.

Hark, sorry to hear that.  Although, I guess that will give Kielgard and myself a chance to catch up a bit.  Approaching 22 now.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »

Actually, I'm still playing, but I'm not playing as regularly at the moment until the next patch lands.  I figure, why do all the quests and grinding now in the 20s when they will be giving more exp shortly.
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »

Think ill be joining another guild as of Tuesday, just nobody playing right now. Just hit 36, hope Hark and Kato do come back.

Scott
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

Hey Falc.  I'll probably be on tonight or tomorrow, but it does seem to be pretty quiet in the guild these days.  Let me know where you end up if you decide to join a bigger guild.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2009, 10:40:33 PM »

Quote from: Falcon554 on October 27, 2009, 09:58:08 PM

Think ill be joining another guild as of Tuesday, just nobody playing right now. Just hit 36, hope Hark and Kato do come back.

Sorry about that, been out of town this past week.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

Well we have a convergence of two bad things happening at one time - the typical one-month dropoff for new MMOs, and a flood of really good games coming out. Combine the two and it's no wonder nobody has been on.

I'm still very much interested in Aion, but my gaming time is severely limited right now - typically an hour, hour and a half a night if I'm lucky - and even that is interspersed with interruptions. So if I play Aion, I don't get to play Torchlight. If I play Torchlight, I don't get to play Borderlands. If I play any of the above I don't get to play Dragon Age.

I'm keeping my Aion subscription alive, but I have every idea my play time will be pretty limited through the end of the year.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2009, 01:46:43 PM »

Yep it's always the same, too many games at the same time, i can add Forza 3 and Football Manager 2010 is out on Friday as well. It's like what to play and when. Yet in 4 months there will be nothing to play.

Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2009, 07:50:57 AM »

Joined a diff guild tonight, The Elite, and it seem I already have the most pvp kills smile

If your on just say Hi, with all the other games out now my time has been cut back a bit but I really do like this game so im here for a bit.

Scott
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »

cool Falc, really hoping to get some more time in on this one soon
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »

Np Hark your problems way bigger then Aions hehe. Hope something works out for you soon. Im about to hit 37 but darn this level seems to be lasting forver even tho I only hit it 2 days ago hehe.

Scott
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

Yeah, Hark, we miss you on here. 

Falc, how big is the new guild?  Would they take a near 22 sorc like myself?
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »

60+ with 20 on at night, give me a shout out and see if we can get you in.

Scott
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 01, 2009, 03:00:49 AM »

Finally found some time to play.  Wow, the Legion bank is empty of items and kinah.  I don't think i will contribute anymore kinah
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2009, 08:18:46 AM »

Quote from: Jaddison on November 01, 2009, 03:00:49 AM

Finally found some time to play.  Wow, the Legion bank is empty of items and kinah.  I don't think i will contribute anymore kinah
nobody really donated all that much even when everyone was playing frown  I know Kato put several hundred grand in, but other than that the bank total was 20k last I looked and we needed over 1 million.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

through all my characters I probably donated around 60K in 5k increments.  But you are saying this is normal?  0 items, 0 kinah when the last time i was on...maybe a week or so there was around 90k and almost full of items?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »

it was definitely not empty when I was last on, but it was also full of level 1-10 stuff that was worthless.  The bank filled up of stuff on the first week or so and I'm not sure it was ever really used properly.  If it's empty then someone obviously cleared it out. frown
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2009, 08:21:07 PM »

0 items isn't so bad since as you noted most weren't all that valuable.....seeing 50-60k of my contributions disappear does bother me.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:18 PM »

past 30 you get junk drops worth more so don't let it bug you too much.  whoever took it was probably lower level and thought it was a lot of money.  hate to think we had someone who thought it was cool to loot the bank though
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »

That's odd.  I haven't been on much this last week, and I'm away this weekend, but I remember seeing some kinah in the bank and I remember adding about 20k a little over a week ago.  Oh well.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2009, 11:53:45 PM »

just checked again in case it was some sort of glitch or my eyes played tricks on me.  The legion bank is completely empty with 0 Kinah.

Not sure why anyone would think that was a proper thing to do
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2009, 12:17:52 AM »

when I get access again I should be able to see the transaction log and find out who did it.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »

Hopefully, it was an honest mistake.  Some weeks ago I went to put kinah into the bank, got distracted and ended up taking out the amount I intended to deposit.  Although it is doubtful, it's still possible that this happened.  I certainly hope they address the lack of a decent guild permissions structure sometime.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »

It's not that big a deal but I don't think honest mistake is a possibility.  Less than 2 weeks ago the blegion bank was nearly packed with items and at my last 5k contribution had about 90k kinah.

Saturday night there were no items and no kinah...it would be hard just from a personal bag perspective to accidentally take all the items
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »

Yeah, I should have read the rest of the conversation.  Pretty doubtful a mistake was at play considering the whole bank was cleaned out.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »

Hola, guys. I've not been in game for quite while, but still feel I must post a brief note as to why. I've made the tough decision to cancel Aion in order to concentrate more fully into my filmmaking and my website, Horror-101.com. Like a crazy person, I was subscribed to Aion, WoW, and EVE Online all at once.. and hardly playing any of them. WoW will also be cancelled. Will keep EVE Online a bit longer because I'm fascinated about the gameplay, but will likely cancelled it too before the year's thru. 2010 needs to be the year I make a feature film. These games are fun, but they take way too much time to properly enjoy. I enjoyed my time with Aion, and playing with you all. Go to the Abyss, and kick ass!

Sincerely,
Armando
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2009, 12:52:37 AM »

did you just tell us to go to the Abyss?  glad we aren't talking about DnD or I'd be upset! slywink
Falchion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »

I've been out for a few days. Halloween stuff, travelling with my daughter, getting 2 new HDDs in RAID and installing Windows 7, playing some Xbox, various busy-ness. But I reinstalled Aion today,the very first game installed.  I'll be in soon.

Kielgard/Larianne
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »

Falchion, was wondering what happened to you (my character is Sphinx).  I'm planning to get back and play some, but Dragon Age may take some of my time away.  Plus I'm waiting for the cost of "Curse of Roots" to come down to sane levels.
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »

Think I looked at it a week ago maybe and there was 70k in there.

Scott
Falchion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »

Quote from: Fez on November 04, 2009, 10:36:48 PM

Falchion, was wondering what happened to you (my character is Sphinx).  I'm planning to get back and play some, but Dragon Age may take some of my time away.  Plus I'm waiting for the cost of "Curse of Roots" to come down to sane levels.

Yip I'm back steady.  I do have Dragon Age coming, but I'll still be logging in nightly to Aion.  I see there're a few of us still logging in, but all at different times.  I think Falc moved to another guild.  I suggest we find out what that legion was and move with him ... if it's a decent, alive legion!  I put in several hours last night, I just find Aion very therapeutic. There's kind of a routine I've got going, as a almost 24 temp, I really have no real fear of dying soloing quests, gathering etc.  I like that.  I like the combat, the feel and look of the game, and the abundance of quests and things to do.  So I'm sticking with it.  As MMORPGs tend to pay you back by slow, steady progress and consistent logging in I'll try to do that.    They aren't games you can "save" and come back to in a month as easily as an SRPG.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2009, 04:11:53 PM »

Quote from: Falchion on November 05, 2009, 02:55:55 PM

Quote from: Fez on November 04, 2009, 10:36:48 PM

Yip I'm back steady.  I do have Dragon Age coming, but I'll still be logging in nightly to Aion.  I see there're a few of us still logging in, but all at different times.  I think Falc moved to another guild.  I suggest we find out what that legion was and move with him ... if it's a decent, alive legion!  I put in several hours last night, I just find Aion very therapeutic. There's kind of a routine I've got going, as a almost 24 temp, I really have no real fear of dying soloing quests, gathering etc.  I like that.  I like the combat, the feel and look of the game, and the abundance of quests and things to do.  So I'm sticking with it.  As MMORPGs tend to pay you back by slow, steady progress and consistent logging in I'll try to do that.    They aren't games you can "save" and come back to in a month as easily as an SRPG.

Sounds like a plan.  And as I'm waiting for Dragon Age to get patches so the random crashing on Vista 64 will stop, I should have some more time to play Aion.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »

I think I'm going to take a break from this one until after Christmas. Between family priorities, upcoming holidays, etc. my gaming time is going to be limited, and Dragon Age is probably going to consume most of what little there is.

I'll revisit it when the Q1 gaming slump hits or I get tired of Dragon Age, whichever comes first.
Falchion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »

Looks like Falc went to "The Elite."  I'm going to try to connect to them later.  He vouches for them as "Good guys." 

I'm hoping that Dragon Age shows up on my doorstep someday.  So much for preordering ... albeit a few days prior to release.  All I know is that Dragon Age does have an ending.  I tend not to replay SRPGs. 

But,  MMORPGs may end up with the rinse-and-repeat variant of endgame.  So I'm not sure how Aion's is since nobody I know has made it there. 
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2009, 03:28:03 PM »

Well since I got Dragon age I have not loged into Aion, think ill hold off Aion till im done with Dragon age.

Scott
Falchion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2009, 11:26:06 PM »

May just be caught up to you by then. 

I have Dragon Age coming by snail mail, yes, they must be snails who are carrying it... I preordered last Friday with Amazon. But I've never played a SRPG very intensively and can't imagine that Dragon Age will consume more than a couple hours a night until I hit the ending. 

Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »

I'm going to have to accept it, myself, that I just won't have much time for Aion in the next couple of months as I haven't in the last.  I think I'm going to bow out for a bit.

Aion is still great fun but begs for a steady time investment that I can't put in right now.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on November 08, 2009, 02:36:22 PM

I'm going to have to accept it, myself, that I just won't have much time for Aion in the next couple of months as I haven't in the last.  I think I'm going to bow out for a bit.

Aion is still great fun but begs for a steady time investment that I can't put in right now.

Funny for the first time in ages I don't feel that with this MMO. With Aion more than others in the past I feel like I don't have to keep up with the "Joneses"..to have fun. I pick a few herbs, kill a few dino's..flap my wings at some Crows..............very casual for me.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Falchion
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »

I feel the same thing ... no urgency to level and no panic to stay with the pack.  Instead, it's kind of therepeutic.  I log on and go "let's go do some quests."  Or "this is a gathering day."  The crafting system has the kind of auto-thing involved, so I'll do some web-based stuff while my character crafts.  It's not kind of as hands-on or intense that way ... or as tedious as some games where you need to drag each individual piece and press craft.  

As a templar, I rarely feel overly threatened in solo vE, although I do have to be hands on.  There have been some sweaty-palmed moments though. There is enough variety (sometimes I'll go greatsword, sometimes shield and sword which adds a little more variety) that it doesn't feel overly repetitive, yet has enough of a routine that there's kind of a laid-back, comfortable feel to it.  There's plenty of more engaging stuff, like group quests, abyss/rifts, if I need to feel more threatened etc .. but enough laid back stuff to do after a mentally exhausting day at work.

I don't feel as "falling behind" as some other games, and there are a huge number of quests to do.   I like the loot system, there's plenty of customization with enchantments and manastones etc for the tweaker.    Not sure what it is else you want other than auto-endgame (seems a huge criticism "I want to level faster!!" but I'm boldly against it being easy to level .... make levels and tiers earned!), and of course some patches for some of the crashes related to heavily populated areas. More group quests?  More PvP areas?  Personally the crashing is currently my biggest gripe, that aion.bin is emerging to be about the same nuisance, at about the same level I reached, as when the sb.exe problem reared its ugly head for me and made the endgame of SB hopeless to me. I can predict with 100% accuracy that I will CTD in Eltnen (but I've never crashed out in the field).  I have faith in NCSoft however.  

I've got a busy, taxing profession and other MMORPGs have been ruined for me because of the need to keep with the pack, the necessity to group, etc.  Aion does not have that. 

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:17:09 PM by Falchion » Logged
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2009, 10:04:03 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on November 08, 2009, 05:45:05 PM

Quote from: Hotfreak on November 08, 2009, 02:36:22 PM

Funny for the first time in ages I don't feel that with this MMO. With Aion more than others in the past I feel like I don't have to keep up with the "Joneses"..to have fun. I pick a few herbs, kill a few dino's..flap my wings at some Crows..............very casual for me.
I honestly suspect that this attitude and that expressed by Falch has a lot more to do with where you guys are in your gaming lives than anything inherently in Aion.  But I don't presume to know.  Perhaps, I'm projecting.

Aion is a wonderful world to move around in, for sure, and there is something extremely soothing about the glide dynamic.  I almost prefer the non-flight zones as it varies my path through the world and makes me appreciate geography more.  So, I guess I'm agreeing that it does reward the "smell the flowers approach".  It is still an MMO, however, and, with my chaotic play schedule (i.e. games are down on my current priority list and my work is insanely busy) I miss the social continuity that makes MMO's shine for me. 

So, I wanted to bump this post a bit, too, because Aion is a very good game and it makes me a little sad that I don't have the energy/time to really savor it.  I do hope others will check it out and enjoy it.  It deserves a shot.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: