http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 01:36:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [9/12/08] When Moliere is Away the Geezers Will Play...  (Read 3653 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »

Moliere will be traveling around Europe for the next few weeks and so our Friday night pool marathons will be on hiatus until his return in early October.  In the meantime, how about some more Friday night MP?  Last week's Halo 3 nostalgia was a lot of fun and USMC Kato even made an appearance despite the early hour in his time zone.  COD4 double EXP points seems a perfect excuse to dust off the ol' Noob Toob, and Halo 3 is always an option for those who missed last week's session or who don't have COD4. 

MoosNukle will be out for the evening for a board game get together with friends so we don't have to necessarily be limited to Halo 3.  I'm up for either COD4 or Halo 3, or perhaps a little of both, and a random game of Madden is never a bad thing either.

Geezers.......UNITE! 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »

I should be IN!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »

In, but mic is broken  icon_cry

Just a little hiccup.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 05:28:51 PM »

I have two regular headsets but broke one from constantly ripping it out of my controller and tossing it across the room.  Because my wife occasionally plays Halo 3 MP and uses a mic I used that as an excuse to go out and buy a wireless headset for myself so that she can use the functioning wired headset.  It sounds to me like you need a wireless headset too.   icon_wink

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »

ninja

I should be there

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »

I or Moriarty or both should be around.  Haven't reacquired COD yet, may stop out at the mall tomorrow after work and pick a copy up.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »

Since Kato is hoping to participate I think it only fair to play Halo 3 as COD4 is off-limits for him.  When he finally tires of winning...every...damn...game...we...play...and decides it's once again time to enjoy as much bacon as possible before heading back to the baconless sandbox, then we can move on to COD4 if isn't too late in the evening.  Otherwise I forsee a little COD4 scattered throughout the rest of the weekend. 

Perhaps a 7:30pm start time (Pacific).  I'll probably shoot pool with my old boss after work, but he usually has to head home to the missus by 6:30 or 6:45, so I should be home and ready to play by 7:30.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »

I am a bachelor all weekend so I am up for some late night gaming. Halo 3, COD4, Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, TF2 (all 360 ). Madden or Mercs 2 if there's less people.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:12:48 PM »

COD4 Saturday Night!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »

Last night while the wife and I were watching Shaun of the Dead she asked if we were playing Halo 3 tonight with Kato.  Of course, as Moliere is away until October and so my Friday night pool sessions have been put on hold.  Apparently her plans have changed as the guest list for her friend's board game party has taken a turn for the worse, so she hopes to be home well before we start playing.  Looks like MoosNukle will be joining us tonight after all.  That Crazy King of the Hill win last week has her anxious for another victory.

We'll be on no later than 7:30pm, but if I'm home earlier we'll grab a quick bite and load up the game.  SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPE!

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 11, 2008, 11:12:48 PM

COD4 Saturday Night!

I can't necessarily commit as we have plans with Knightshade and his wife.  Rock Band will have to take precedence.

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 11, 2008, 10:57:39 PM

Since Kato is hoping to participate I think it only fair to play Halo 3 as COD4 is off-limits for him.  When he finally tires of winning...every...damn...game...we...play...and decides it's once again time to enjoy as much bacon as possible before heading back to the baconless sandbox, then we can move on to COD4 if isn't too late in the evening.  Otherwise I forsee a little COD4 scattered throughout the rest of the weekend. 

Perhaps a 7:30pm start time (Pacific).  I'll probably shoot pool with my old boss after work, but he usually has to head home to the missus by 6:30 or 6:45, so I should be home and ready to play by 7:30.

mmmm.....bacon.

I will be up bright and early Saturday morning to play with you guys (German local time ya)

Then after that a sponge bath from my German nurse and a hearty breakfast!!!

Semper Fidelis

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 12, 2008, 06:47:00 PM

mmmm.....bacon.

I will be up bright and early Saturday morning to play with you guys (German local time ya)

Sweet.  I look forward to teabagging your corpse after I send a rocket up your ass.  icon_twisted

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 06:53:05 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 12, 2008, 06:50:30 PM

mmmm.....bacon.

Sweet.  I look forward to teabagging your corpse after I send a rocket up your ass.  icon_twisted

Careful, if the shell detonation is delayed you may end up with a Kato-face enema.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 12, 2008, 06:53:05 PM

mmmm.....bacon.

Careful, if the shell detonation is delayed you may end up with a Kato-face enema.

ban

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »

So Hans is working out?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 12, 2008, 06:57:56 PM

Then after that a sponge bath from my German nurse sexy female nurse and a hearty breakfast!!!

So Hans is working out?

FTFMe

Semper Fidelis

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »

In. I just got my Halo3 back.

I don't have COD4.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 07:57:40 PM »

MoosNukle will be pleased.  I still remember a particular match back from the original Geezers Gone Wild MP sessions when pr0ner finally managed to kill me, and after having promised to teabag my corpse he ran up to my fallen soldier and proceeded to scream "TEABAGTEABAGTEABAGTEABAGTEABAG!" as he defiled it. 

I haven't forgotten.   ninja2

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 12, 2008, 07:57:40 PM

MoosNukle will be pleased.  I still remember a particular match back from the original Geezers Gone Wild MP sessions when pr0ner finally managed to kill me, and after having promised to teabag my corpse he ran up to my fallen soldier and proceeded to scream "TEABAGTEABAGTEABAGTEABAGTEABAG!" as he defiled it. 

icon_twisted

I follow through on my promises!

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 12, 2008, 08:06:01 PM

icon_twisted

Unfortunately you only had that one measly opportunity.  I guess you have to capitalize when you have that rare chance.   icon_cool

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 12, 2008, 08:08:15 PM

icon_twisted

Unfortunately you only had that one measly opportunity.  I guess you have to capitalize when you have that rare chance.   icon_cool

I seem to remember one instance of a well timed rocket and a "Fly Pete Fly" comment you overheard one game, too.   ninja

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 12, 2008, 08:24:32 PM

icon_twisted

I seem to remember one instance of a well timed rocket and a "Fly Pete Fly" comment you overheard one game, too.   ninja

icon_lol

Being able to hear other players' comments based on proximity is a riot.  Fly PeteRock...Flyyyyyyyyy 

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 08:55:37 PM »

mmmm.....bacon.

Rockets? They can't hurt me.....  ninja

Semper Fidelis

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 09:27:02 PM »

7:30pm start time (Pacific) has been confirmed.  I'm playing pool with my boss until 7, it takes me about 15 minutes to get home, and so by 7:30 I'll be logged on and looking for victims.  See you all tonight.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »

ninja

IN!

(I finally have a friday night off, sweet!.  Do I need any expansion maps if they are available?)

ninja
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 11:18:55 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 12, 2008, 08:55:37 PM

mmmm.....bacon.

Rockets? They can't hurt me.....  ninja

bowdown bowdown bowdown

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 12:19:47 AM »

I'll try and make it, but unfortunately I got stuck with some last minute work that I need to put to bed before tomorrow.   icon_cry

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 03:13:36 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 12, 2008, 08:50:09 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on September 12, 2008, 08:24:32 PM

icon_twisted

icon_lol

Being able to hear other players' comments based on proximity is a riot.  Fly PeteRock...Flyyyyyyyyy 

the most embarrassing was when I was following kato and told my team I was probably going to die as a result.  He heard me and snuck around back, assassinating me.

Just Hiro will do.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 06:16:40 AM »

Good times tonight.  The final few 2v2 games were intense as all hell.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »

mad

As we were loading the Rockets slayer match for pr0ner's final farewell game my internet connection disconnected and I was unable to log back on for the rest of the night.  When we finally get a large group of players together my internet connection decides is a great opportunity to shit the bed.   disgust

It seems I missed some fun, intense battles at the end of the night.   icon_frown

But those I did get to participate in were certainly a lot of fun and it was great to play with all of the familiar faces.  I'm a little disappointed that my wife never made it home in time to play as we had a fantastic turnout, but I still had a blast and continue to be a little bitter that I got the "Disconnected from Xbox Live" message along with "You are in an online lobby but you are not connected to Live."  It was as if everyone disapparated and I was left standing there, alone, with only my thoughts and lonliness.  Fuck.  I actually sat there for a moment in disbelief as it took some time for it to finally set in.  If you guys thought I was swearing a lot while we were playing, you should have heard me when my connection dropped.  After I strained a muscle in my back while throwing a tizzy in the middle of my living room I decided to give up and go to bed. 

I did hear a "Fly, PeteRock, flyyyyyyyy" comment at one point, too.   ninja

And the proximity voice was hysterical during Rocket Race.  The comments you hear as you go flying by are always a riot.  Or the diabolical laughter when someone makes it to a check point just seconds before you do in response to your "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  Good times.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:00:32 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:19 AM »

Soooooo..... any thing happening with this 9/19/08 style?

Pikachu, I Blame you!
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 18, 2008, 12:03:19 AM

I sense fear from the other Geezers.......  ninja

Semper Fidelis

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:46 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 18, 2008, 12:22:48 AM

Quote from: Jarrodhk on September 18, 2008, 12:03:19 AM

I sense fear from the other Geezers.......  ninja

pfft.  I have no fear,no gear, no skills and no kills so bring it on Patchie, I have one more Friday night off so I'll try to make another session  of being blown to smithereens.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 02:38:23 AM »

The wife and I are flying to Philly for the Eagles/Steelers game.  We leave at 10am on Friday morning, we're hitting the Cosmopolitan Midtown for martinis, good beer, and phenomenal food on Friday night, on Saturday we're stopping by the Reading Terminal Market for the freshest Amish breakfast known to man, Yuengling and cheesesteaks in the afternoon, dinner at Il Portico Saturday night, karaoke at Moriarty's after dinner, and then hangover-limiting pizza at Lorenzo and Son's on South Street made famous by The Fresh Prince's "Summertime" song.

On Sunday we're having brunch on the Moshulu, then off to the stadium to tailgate for the 4:15 Eagles/Steelers game.  Sunday night we'll hit Pat's for a cheesesteak on our way back to the hotel, and then on Monday I'll be nursing a three-day hangover on my flight back to Phoenix.  While we may be missing a Geezers Gone Wild get-together, it should still prove to be a pretty fucking awesome weekend.   icon_cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: