http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 08:50:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Weekend World at War - Friday night CoD:WaW  (Read 39596 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:45 PM »

I'll be checking out the new street fight game for a bit after work, then ready to game the night away with CoD
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »

That's just a little bit frightening.  I too am going to be online tonight after I finish baking a pumpkin cheesecake for tomorrow.  No bourbon in mine, though. frown
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »

I'll be on probably only until about 6:00 or so. I have to drive 2 hours south to my parents place tonight.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2008, 02:29:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 26, 2008, 02:12:45 PM

That's just a little bit frightening.  I too am going to be online tonight after I finish baking a pumpkin cheesecake for tomorrow.  No bourbon in mine, though. frown

If you want to add another element to your cheesecake, when it's finished baking allow it to cool for about 5 minutes but keep your oven on.  While your cheesecake is cooling, take two cups of sour cream, mix in two tablespoons of sugar, and then you can add a tablespoon or two of the liquor of your choice (Bailey's, bourbon, rum, etc), or none at all if it's not your thing.  You can always instead add a bit of orange zest, some nutmeg or cinnamon, or a dash of pumpkin spice.  Whatever flavor element you choose, make sure it's something to compliment the spice notes of the pumpkin cheesecake.  Then top your cheesecake and place it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so.  The topping adds a creamy, sweet but savory crust that really compliments the cake and adds another flavor element to an already decadent dessert.   
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:33:59 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »

hold on just a minute now. this thread is about manly war, not pie. Even fabulous pie.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 26, 2008, 02:35:13 PM

hold on just a minute now. this thread is about manly war, not pie. Even fabulous pie.

Pete's masculinity knows no bounds (or what masculinity is for that matter slywink )
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »

Let's see, how to find out more about Pete's cheesecake while keeping on the manly war subject...

So Pete, if I were an American paratrooper stranded in a small village in occupied France, and I wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake for the local resistance fighters who were sheltering me, would you still recommend adding the sour cream topping right after the cheesecake is done baking even if I was planning to keep it in the fridge for about 20 hours until the next day to eat?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2008, 03:12:58 PM »

I was looking at your avatar as I was reading and it looked like he was rubbing his chin wondering about sour cream... you pansies. slywink
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 26, 2008, 03:08:23 PM

Let's see, how to find out more about Pete's cheesecake while keeping on the manly war subject...

So Pete, if I were an American paratrooper stranded in a small village in occupied France, and I wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake for the local resistance fighters who were sheltering me, would you still recommend adding the sour cream topping right after the cheesecake is done baking even if I was planning to keep it in the fridge for about 20 hours until the next day to eat?

Absolutely.  The sour cream topping doesn't change how you store the cheesecake or how you serve it.  I prefer my cheesecake served chilled (I hate room temperature cheesecake), and once your cheesecake is finished baking, including the sour cream topping, simply cover it and place it in the fridge until ready to serve, even if that's 20 hours from the time of baking.  Baking the cheesecake for another 5 minutes with the sour cream topping allows the topping to set and carmelizes some of the sugars.  But once baking is complete you just store it like you normally would.   

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2008, 04:10:36 PM »

I will be on furlough until Sunday at the earliest.  Headed back to the world to spend the holidays in a rear area without worring about artillery strikes, snipers, or those effing dogs...

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2008, 04:15:15 PM »

Nom Nom Nom Nom

Do NOT WANT!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2008, 04:22:15 PM »

Whenever dogs are called in by the opposing team and I am taken down by a particularly hungry canine I'll scream, "Fucking dogs!"  But my poor real life dogs then come sulking over to verify that they weren't in fact the dogs I was so boisterously lamenting.  Well, Simba's used to my video game outbursts, so they don't even bother him anymore, but Nala still checks with me every so often to make sure.  They've at least become accustomed to the barking coming from the surround sound speakers, but because our neighbor's dog has been somewhat of a barking problem and we've already called the police about it, now whenever my surround sound system is turned up and the dogs are called in my wife will come running into the room screaming, "Is that our neighbor's fucking dog again?"  The wild look in her eyes is both amusing and scary at the same time.  But she always seems to be disappointed to find that it was only the game, as if she wants to find another reason to call the police.  And she'll storm away yelling, "As if our damn neighbor's dog isn't enough now I have to listen to video game barking."   icon_twisted   

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »

At least she doesn't also have to hear me barking orders...
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »

"Hark. Hark. Hark. Hark."

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 26, 2008, 04:47:25 PM

"Hark. Hark. Hark. Hark."

my god that was annoying me last night.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

had a great round last night on roundhouse hc.  pug ended up on the other side this time and it was a bunch of regular livers playing.  i took my now regular camo-silenced g43 kit and the perk for faster rank reloading. glad i did 

nobody had taken the tank outside the central building, so i grabbed it to keep it out of the enemies' hands (and especially pug's).  i then went on a 22 kill streak dude

i held off multiple attacks from every front and was able to avoid the panzer and grenade attacks with a saint's luck.  i lasted longer than the other tank and almost went with a deathless round, but there was no way the other team would let me get away with that biggrin

that single handedly turned my night around after a smattering of less than .5 k/d rounds.

damn fine night that was.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »

Don't have time for the full post right now, but someone will have to share the Shades experience with the forum! smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2008, 10:42:50 PM »

My internet is pretty minimally functional at the moment.  I was getting too frustrated dealing with the lag to play.  My available bandwidth has dropped to about 10% of normal.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »

Ouch.  Just about out the door for the next day and a half.  Hopefully be able to get some playtime in on sunday evening. 

The 'Wall of Flares' was quite amusing.... as I commented later, really wish we'd had a couple more people on for that sniper hell. Next time we're leaving the room after the first match smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2008, 01:16:36 AM »

I am away until Sunday as well but will likely be on then.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2008, 05:51:48 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 28, 2008, 05:47:49 PM

Don't have time for the full post right now, but someone will have to share the Shades experience with the forum! smile

icon_mrgreen

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »

I saw Harkonis sent me a couple of invites last night, but my girlfriend was attempting to play Left 4 Dead. She did good too, except for the 45 minutes of non-stop screaming, and whimpering "I can't go out there again," when she made it to a safe house.  icon_twisted

I should be on tonight and ready to die for my country.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »

I hope to get some game time in tonight as well.  Other than playing a bit Thursday morning while awaiting guests I haven't played any games since then.  Knightshade and I tried a bit of Left 4 Dead, and three of us played local versus MP before Thanksgiving dinner, but since then I haven't loaded anything up.  With Dancing with the Stars finally over there shouldn't be anything on TV that my wife "needs" to watch, and since she promised to handle dinner tonight since I whipped up turkey stew last night with Thanksgiving leftovers I should have some time to help boost the death portion of our team kill/death ratio. 

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »

I will attempt to make it.  I will also be attempting to throw grenades back at people.  I fail at running away, so I might as well attempt to lob the suckers back. 

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »

last night was pretty fun.  we had a group of 5 against a team with 3 people under level 5 and the other three no higher than 30 in hardcore.  you can really tell when someone is new to this game in HC as they make the dumbest mistakes (even dumber than i have made, mind you).  at one point, i had a tango pop out from cover in a doorway, see me, then make a half-step back leaving his arm and leg exposed, then a half step back out where i popped him in the head while prone. 

let's hope the post xmas rush of newbies doesn't kill live this year. 

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »

IN TONIGHT!  The wife just called and said she is going out tonight to see Twilight with a friend and won't be home until 7:30 or 8.  Hookers and blow all around!  Or, maybe just COD MP and a glass of my favorite bourbon.   ninja 

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »

Looks like I'lll be popping a Shiner or three and reveling in blood and guts... usually mine, if history is any indication.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2008, 11:58:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 02, 2008, 07:50:29 PM

IN TONIGHT!  The wife just called and said she is going out tonight to see Twilight with a friend and won't be home until 7:30 or 8.  Hookers and blow all around!  Or, maybe just COD MP and a glass of my favorite bourbon.   ninja 

do the hookers sparkle in sunlight?
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2008, 06:17:38 AM »

I was a big fan of the guys trying to glitch on Castle saying they were doing it to "see how far they could go".

What a rout that was.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »

13-0.  Fabulous

Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2008, 03:20:25 PM »

Geez, sorry about all the TKs last night.  Not one of my better nights.  I appear to have settled into this rhythm where I go on a tear one night, +10 or +15 in every game, then suck for the next week.  Still, fun.  I need to go back and study the maps that Hark posted so I know what the hell people are talking about when they say so-and-so is "in his spot". 

XBox Live:  JNacht
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on December 03, 2008, 03:20:25 PM

Geez, sorry about all the TKs last night.  Not one of my better nights.  I appear to have settled into this rhythm where I go on a tear one night, +10 or +15 in every game, then suck for the next week.  Still, fun.  I need to go back and study the maps that Hark posted so I know what the hell people are talking about when they say so-and-so is "in his spot". 

Your gamertag is JNacht, right?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't one of the "victims" of your team-killing schizophrenia, but I also can't recall if I was online while you were playing or if you had played earlier in the night or after I had logged off for the evening.  There were so many GTers playing that by the end of the night we had at least 10 slots of a 12-person game filled with GamingTrend members and it was hard to keep track who was playing on what team.  And as I've come to identify players by voice just by having played with them for quite a while (Harkonis, Fuzz, pr0ner, skystride, jblank, Hardon Smasher, even Hellspawn are easy to pick out by tone of voice or use of profanity, OR HOW COULD I FORGET THE SOOTHING, ANGELIC TONE OF WONDERPUG'S SENSUAL AND CALMING VOICE AS HIS WHISPERS CARESS OUR EARDRUMS AND FOCUS OUR CONCENTRATION WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY MAKING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US FEEL LIKE WE ARE THE ONLY PERSON PRESENT AND HE IS TALKING DIRECTLY TO US AS IF WE ARE HIS ONE AND ONLY TRUE TEAMMATE FOREVER TO GRACE THE FIELD OF BATTLE TOGETHER AS ONE, ALWAYS ASSURING US WITH HIS SWEET TONES THAT ALL WILL BE OKAY.  YES, ALL WILL BE OKAY.  EVEN AS THE LIGHT STARTS TO FADE AND THE SOUNDS OF BATTLE GROW SOFTER IN TONE, WONDERPUG'S SOOTHING VOICE IS ALWAYS THERE TO PLEASANTLY GUIDE US INTO THE AFTERLIFE OF RESPAWNING.), I'm sorry to say that I haven't played enough with you to be able to pick your voice out of a room. 

Either way, I had a blast as usual playing last night, and while I had the occasional team kill, I have a feeling I fell the victim far more often than being the aggressor.   ninja

It has become such the fabulous hobby to kill PeteRock that now even teammates can't seem to resist. 

Edited for sissypants feeling left out.   icon_wink
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:54:47 PM by PeteRock » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2008, 04:30:36 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 03, 2008, 04:11:58 PM

And as I've come to identify players by voice just by having played with them for quite a while (Harkonis, Fuzz, pr0ner, skystride, jblank, Hardon Smasher, even Hellspawn are easy to pick out by tone of voice or use of profanity), I'm sorry to say that I haven't played enough with you to be able to pick your voice out of a room. 

Oh I see how it is.  From now on I'll be speaking in cockney English or something.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2008, 05:38:57 PM »

Your gamertag is JNacht, right?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't one of the "victims" of your team-killing schizophrenia

Yes, that's me, and I don't think in the 6-7 matches I played last night you and I were ever on the same team.  I remember shooting you a few times and getting shot by you a few more.  I'm also certain that nearly every time you killed me, I had no idea where you were or where that bullet just came from.  Nicely done.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't played enough with you to be able to pick your voice out of a room.

Well, I'm working on that.  Part of the problem is that I just don't talk much - I'm still fairly new to XBox Live, the vast majority of my online shootering has been on PC, and actually playing with folks from the forums hasn't been since the olden days of Ghost Recon on Chris Grenard's old server.  So, it still feels a little weird to be playing shooters and actually having something to say.  Mostly I'm too busy concentrating, and if I were to actually start talking a lot, it would mostly be profanity, invectives, and a lot of pissed-off-sounding gibberish.

Excepting, of course, all the times I had to speak up in apology for shooting, grenading, sticky-bombing, or otherwise killing team members.  I still maintain that Fuzz walked into my gunfire in the Cliffside bunker, that was NOT MY FAULT.  Even if he was standing still.  He leaned.  Or something.  There was clearly at least two inches between his shoulder and my target.  And the tank kill, dude, your name DID NOT POP UP.  I wander out of a building, and see a tank right there in front of me with no green friendly tag.  What do you expect?  The sticky grenade up in the castle tower, yeah that was my fault.   icon_redface

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:41:40 PM by Boudreaux » Logged

XBox Live:  JNacht
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on December 03, 2008, 05:38:57 PM

Mostly I'm too busy concentrating, and if I were to actually start talking a lot, it would mostly be profanity, invectives, and a lot of pissed-off-sounding gibberish.

ninja

And as he's probably thinking the same thing:

Quote from: Fuzzball
ninja

I think my quote of the night was, "I'm not a fucking canary in a mine!"   icon_lol

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »

Which led to the miner getting 4 kills immediately after you took that betty out for him.  Truly a legendary moment.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 03, 2008, 06:17:38 AM

I was a big fan of the guys trying to glitch on Castle saying they were doing it to "see how far they could go".

What a rout that was.

i wasn't there for that, but i did see one going under the game world on our team.  not sure if he even contributed to the team score or not.

i had a good run with mostly strangers and tromik and some of his buds.  not sure why, but it always takes me a round or three to get ramped up to be effective, which always thrashes my K/D ratio.   maybe i should load up a sp mission as training, but where i am now in the campaign, i would likely join a group while channeling fuzzball's angry side.  slywink

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »

Hardon Smasher

ninja

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2008, 07:59:04 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 03, 2008, 07:15:17 PM

Hardon Smasher

ninja

We joked about this a couple weeks ago.  I seriously thought that was his handle.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »

Sorry about the abrupt departure early last night when I was hosting the group.  I had some kind of internet hiccup and by the time it got going again I had lost the TV to the Mrs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: