http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Madden 10 Online Franchise - Week 10  (Read 29792 times)
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2009, 09:56:08 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on November 17, 2009, 09:42:28 PM

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on November 17, 2009, 08:15:53 PM

Yeah I'll hop back in. I will try to check GT more often so I know when the week is advancing. Sorry again octavious...I'm online a lot so we def should have been able to play. See u in the playoffs? And to make up for it I WILL trade u vick if u want since Eli died.

Cool maybe we can work something out where I ship his sorry butt back once Eli gets out of his coma. The problem we ran into is that I never go on Xbox Live unless I'm playing a game and check here a lot. You seem to do the opposite.  icon_lol

Oh you have the Giants and lost your QB.  Whaaaaa!   crybaby

I'm plugging along with Brady Quinn and a bunch of stiffs.   icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:52:19 AM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 17, 2009, 09:56:08 PM

I'm plugging along with Bardy Quinn and a bunch of stiffs.   icon_biggrin

But Quinn can bench press the same weight as his linemen. He must be a franchise quarterback!!!

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 18, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »

Ok, so Octavious are you dropping out or not?  There is a chance I will be working from home on Friday.  I'll try to let you know as soon as possible, but if not, I'd like to get our game in on Saturday.  If you're dropping out, then I guess it doesn't matter, but frankly, if I wanted to play a franchise against computer opponents, I could have just done that.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 18, 2009, 04:02:19 PM »

Nah I'm going to stick around. I'm done with my hissy fit. slywink I will be home all day on Friday. I'll be watching my daughter but I think if I throw a movie in she will be good for 45 minutes. slywink
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »

Ok, it's looking like I will be home Friday also.  Let's do it Friday afternoon if that works for you.  I'm on the east coast and will be gaming pretty much all day.  You can either send me a message on Live, or we can pick a time.

And I don't know why you're complaining about Manning getting injured.  It's not like you need a quarterback with Brandon Jacobs being such a beast in this game.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »

Well I can't run EVERY down. Well with the backup in I think I might have too.  icon_razz I'll be home all day I'll just jump on live in the afternoon, 1-2 ish EST
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 19, 2009, 01:22:49 AM »

Yeah I'll hop back in. I will try to check GT more often so I know when the week is advancing. Sorry again octavious...I'm online a lot so we def should have been able to play. See u in the playoffs? And to make up for it I WILL trade u vick if u want since Eli died.

Cool maybe we can work something out where I ship his sorry butt back once Eli gets out of his coma. The problem we ran into is that I never go on Xbox Live unless I'm playing a game and check here a lot. You seem to do the opposite.  icon_lol

Yeah...I can't check GT from work unless I use my iphone, which isn't very fast. So, if it's cool with everyone in the league, I will definitely trade you Vick. Go ahead and make some kind of offer and I'll send him packing.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 19, 2009, 04:35:04 AM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on November 19, 2009, 01:22:49 AM

Cool maybe we can work something out where I ship his sorry butt back once Eli gets out of his coma. The problem we ran into is that I never go on Xbox Live unless I'm playing a game and check here a lot. You seem to do the opposite.  icon_lol

Yeah...I can't check GT from work unless I use my iphone, which isn't very fast. So, if it's cool with everyone in the league, I will definitely trade you Vick. Go ahead and make some kind of offer and I'll send him packing.

Actually I think I'll just take my luck with my crappy backups. Vick isn't really much of a improvement except for being able to run. Dear god his passing ratings are terrible. slywink
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 20, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »

It's a moot point anyway...the trading deadline has passed.  icon_neutral
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 21, 2009, 12:14:20 AM »

Teggy, let me know when is a good time for you this weekend to get our Madden game in.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 21, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »

Oh heh didn't even think of that. Ike and I got our game in today. The Chargers ending up winning by 3 points. Fun game and my backup wasn't too horrible. Of course the first play of the game I did a playaction pass and thew a pick but he was decent after that. Threw 1td and ran another one in himself on a bootleg from the 10.  thumbsup
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 21, 2009, 01:16:03 AM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on November 21, 2009, 12:14:20 AM

Teggy, let me know when is a good time for you this weekend to get our Madden game in.

What timezone are you in? I am ET. I will be up fairly early tomorrow if you want to do an 11am or something. I'm don't really have plans at all this weekend, so if you want to just pick a time I can probably do it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 23, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »

I meant to check the franchise over the weekend to see where we were, but I kept forgetting to.  icon_redface

It looks like everyone has their games in except for two games. ping and The_Man still need to play, and Eco-Logic has to play against the computer. Let me know when you can get your games in. I'll hold off on advancing the week unless I don't hear anything from you guys.

Also, I've updated the front page to include the new owners and who has dropped. I don't know who Mike0368 is on the forums, so if he can let me know who he is on GT, or if anyone else can, I can update the front page with his info too.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 24, 2009, 01:59:37 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2009, 04:32:53 PM

I meant to check the franchise over the weekend to see where we were, but I kept forgetting to.  icon_redface

It looks like everyone has their games in except for two games. ping and The_Man still need to play, and Eco-Logic has to play against the computer. Let me know when you can get your games in. I'll hold off on advancing the week unless I don't hear anything from you guys.

Also, I've updated the front page to include the new owners and who has dropped. I don't know who Mike0368 is on the forums, so if he can let me know who he is on GT, or if anyone else can, I can update the front page with his info too.

I should be able to play against the computer by the end of the day tomorrow.  Thanks so much.

Eco

Go Gunners...
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 25, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »

Well, I checked the website and it seems like both games still need to be played, and I haven't heard anything yet about when people will get their games in. With a lot of people being out of town anyway for the holiday, I'm inclined to let the week continue through next Sunday, in order to give everyone time to play their games. But if I haven't heard anything and the games still haven't been played, I'll advance the week Sunday evening when I get back into town.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2009, 12:01:51 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 25, 2009, 03:39:42 PM

Well, I checked the website and it seems like both games still need to be played, and I haven't heard anything yet about when people will get their games in. With a lot of people being out of town anyway for the holiday, I'm inclined to let the week continue through next Sunday, in order to give everyone time to play their games. But if I haven't heard anything and the games still haven't been played, I'll advance the week Sunday evening when I get back into town.

I replied to your pm and sent him one too about when I could play and heard nothing back.  I pretty much could have played any day out of the last 5.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2009, 02:45:54 PM »

It's Week 10. Get your games in!

I tried to get my game in against the AI controlled Bengals earlier. It was tied 7-7 late in the second quarter, when suddenly a message comes up saying that I was no longer connected to the EA servers and the game wouldn't count for anything. The next play I hit Santonio Holmes in the back corner of the end zone for a beautiful 26 yard touchdown catch. I've never had success with a deep pass where the receiver is one on one and the coverage is there. It always gets knocked down, usually because it is under thrown. This time the throw was perfect, dropping in right over Holmes outside shoulder, and he was able to drag both feet before falling out of bounds. Because I didn't have enough time to restart the game, I continued with the current game, and ended up winning 37-7. It doesn't count for anything though, so I think I pretty much guaranteed that when I play the game for real I am going to lose.  mad

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2009, 07:46:34 PM »

BEEFHAMMA, you and me are up.  What works for you?  Doesn't look like I'm going to be available until this weekend.  The only important thing I've got going on this weekend is the Big 12 Championship game Saturday night.

Gamertag = IkeV
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »

Bye week for me yippie!
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on December 01, 2009, 02:45:54 PM

I think I pretty much guaranteed that when I play the game for real I am going to lose.  mad

Played the game for real yesterday, hoping I could demolish the Bengals when it actually counted. In the first game, I won the coin flip, and never looked back. In this game, I lost the coin flip, and my first thought was "uh oh".

Sure enough, the Bengals march down the field. Laveranues Coles absolutely embarasses my cornerback, and thanks to some poor tackling on my part, scores a TD on a 57 yard catch and run touchdown pass. On the next possession, Holmes fumbles the ball right back to the Bengals. It's a questionable call, as Holmes caught the ball, and then was immediately hit by one of the DB's, and he drops it. Normally that is called an incomplete pass. I challenged the play, but it was upheld. The Bengals got a field goal from that turnover, and later extended their lead to 17-0 with 1:35 left in the first half thanks to a Cedric Benson 6 yard TD run.

So the Steelers get the ball back with about 1:30 left and one timeout, in desperate need of getting some points before halftime. With 12 seconds left, Ben hits Heath Miller on a short out pattern. Heinz Ward does what he does best, and puts a good block on one of the Bengals DB's, which allows Miller to turn the corner and score on a 17 yard TD catch. It's looking like we'll be able to go into halftime 17-7. But this is why you can't take any play off.

Pittsburgh squib kicks it on the kickoff hoping to let time run out. The Bengals get the ball at their 40 yard line with 10 seconds left to go. Instead of taking a knee and ending the half, they try to move into field goal range and get some more points up. The first play, Palmer's pass is tipped, intercepted by the rookie out of UCF Joe Burnett, and returned all the way for a touchdown! The replay doesn't show it all, but Palmer throws short on the right side. The ball gets deflected up, and Burnett is right there to get the pick. It's now 17-14 at the half, with the Steelers getting the ball to start the third quarter.

The Steelers take the lead on a 2 yard touchdown run from Willie Parker late in the third quarter. The next drive, Palmer is intercepted again by James Farrior. That play sets up a Steelers field goal to push the lead to 24-17. Palmer is eventually knocked out of the game, and the Bengals are not able to recover any momentum. The Steelers hold on to win 24-17, and push their record to 9-0 on the season.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 08, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »

The week is almost up, and there are plenty of games that still need to get played. Taking a look at the website, it looks like BEEFHAMMA and IkeV are the only head-to-head matchup that still needs to get played. Also The_Man, Gellar, Forsaken Penguin, PeteRock, Teggy, and Denoginizer need to play their games against the computer. I'd like to advance to the next week in the next few days, so let me know when/if you can get the game played.

I don't know what other peoples plans are for the rest of the month, but I know I'll be out of town for two weeks starting this Saturday. I can supposedly promote people into a temporary commissioner who can advance the week when I'm gone. So, if someone here is going to be home for most of the holidays and want to be able to advance the week once some of these games are played, let me know.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 08, 2009, 04:09:56 PM »

I'll try to get my game in today or tomorrow.  From December 23rd until January 3rd I'll be out of town for the holidays, so if you need to advance the season during those week's I have no problem with that.  The Madden Saints are nothing like the real-world Saints, anyway. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 08, 2009, 04:25:55 PM »

I'll try to get my game in tonight. I've been a little overwhelmed with MW2, Assassin's Creed, CoD Classic, Dead Space...

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »

Got my game in yesterday.  It's tough to play through a game of Madden when MW2 invites bombard your inbox.   icon_lol

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »

I got my game in yesterday and got blown out by the Packers. I'm so bad at this game - the fact that I actually put one real drive together was amazing.

Actually, I'd like to ask people - how do you get passes that are longer than 10 yards or so? I've found that my receivers always seem well covered, so if I toss a ball out it's usually knocked down or intercepted. Most of my completed passes are to my tight end over the middle when I notice the defense is blitzing, to a running back in the flat or sometimes to a WR on a slant.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 10, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »

I can get my game in with BEEFHAMMA on Sunday maybe.  Unfortunately, the next few days are going to be tight because of the holidays.

Gamertag = IkeV
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 10, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 10, 2009, 05:29:42 PM

Actually, I'd like to ask people - how do you get passes that are longer than 10 yards or so? I've found that my receivers always seem well covered, so if I toss a ball out it's usually knocked down or intercepted. Most of my completed passes are to my tight end over the middle when I notice the defense is blitzing, to a running back in the flat or sometimes to a WR on a slant.

I have the same problems, so I'm not going to be of any help.  I can't seem to throw deep, only able to make shorter passes across the middle or to receivers cutting toward the sidelines.  I guess I run a true west coast offense.   icon_wink  And even then defenders sometimes make a jump on the ball in front of my receiver even if he had a step on them.  I've been able to run the ball more effectively than past Madden iterations, but only for a few yards at a time.  Yet my opponents, whether they be human or AI, always seem to break two or three runs for huge gains.  

I also am tired of having the ball moved against me at will.  Sometimes a receiver will shed five tackles after a catch on his way to a 70-yard TD.   saywhat  For some reason I'm struggling more with this year's Madden.  I used to be able to win pretty consistently, but this year not so much.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 10, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 10, 2009, 05:35:35 PM

Sometimes a receiver will shed five tackles after a catch on his way to a 70-yard TD.

Yeah, the AI tackling is awful. I think to be really successful you have to take control of the defensive guy and make the tackle yourself. However, I am really bad at that. Usually I have the stick pointed the wrong way so that if I hit B, my defensive guy winds up running the wrong way and I miss the tackle worse than the AI.

I forgot to save the replay, but in my game yesterday an interception was returned for a touchdown in which the runner ran straight through about 5 of my guys. On the other hand, if you saw the Giants game this week, you'd know that that is pretty much the way the Cowboys play, so maybe it's just really accurate. frown

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 10, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »

I will try to get my game in tonight.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2009, 06:43:51 PM »

In order to pass successfully in Madden, you have to learn to read the defense. Identify whether or not they are blitzing, and from where. Is it man coverage, or zone? What defensive package are they in? Is it a 3-4, or a Nickel?

Once you have an idea of what they might do on defense, look at the routes your receivers are running, and try to decide what the defense has to do in order for it to work, and what they have to do for that route to be shut down.

The routes I have the most success with are slants, out patterns, and curls. The defense can stop each of them, but if you know what to look for, you can march down the field. Slants require the the linebackers are not sitting in zone. They need to either blitz, or be in man coverage and leaving a portion of the middle of the field open. If I have a slant route, and I see a lineback blitz, I'll connect on that route probably close to 90% of the time. Out patterns are slightly different. If a DB is sitting in zone out by the sideline, you wont complete the play. But if the DB plays kind of soft coverage, and gives enough space, you should be able to make the catch without any problems. Curl routes only work in soft coverage. If the DB jumps up at all, the play is dead. But if they stay put, you can make the catch and even pick up more yards if you make someone miss.

Medium to deep passes require a little bit more attention on the defense. Only throw into one on one coverage, unless your receiver has position on the other defenders. I'll sometimes use a second receiver as a distraction to the safety if he is providing help over the top. The main problem here is that deep routes take time to work. If your guy is doing a double-move, like a corner route where they cut inside before cutting back to the corner,  an early throw will see the ball floated inside and into the hands of some greedy defenders. So you have to let them run their routes. This gives defenders time to crash the pocket. Many times I've been screwed out of a big pass, because just as I go to throw the pocket will collapse and I'll get either sacked, or put up a wounded duck.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:43:42 PM by msteelers » Logged

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »

I agree with Steelers.  You can't just throw deep at will in Madden this year.  You have to read the coverage.  There will be coverages where your chances of completing deep throws will be very low unless you have Manning, Brady, Warner, or Brees.  And even with an elite QB your timing has to be almost perfect.  If your QB does not have high long pass accuracy and good arm strength it is very hard to complete deep passes this year unless you get the right coverage.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 11, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »

Anyone willing to be promoted to commissioner for the next couple of weeks while I'm on vacation? That way when the games get played this weekend we can roll right into the next week, and not lose ALL momentum while we wait for me to get back?

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 11, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »

I should be able to return and get my game in this weekend.

gellar
Dcurse
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »

I'm not traveling for any of christmas, so I should be able to advance the week.  If no one else wants the role feel free to promote me.
Dcurse
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 15, 2009, 02:55:11 AM »

So I think I have commissioner control now... (I see an Advance Week option)

TehGellar vs Computer and Beefhamma vs IkeV still need to play the current week.  Are you guys planning on playing or should I advance? 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:25 AM »

Quote from: Dcurse on December 15, 2009, 02:55:11 AM

So I think I have commissioner control now... (I see an Advance Week option)

TehGellar vs Computer and Beefhamma vs IkeV still need to play the current week.  Are you guys planning on playing or should I advance? 

I'll play tomorrow night.  If not, advance without me.

gellar
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »

I'd like to get our game in if possible. Ike let me know when you're available.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »

BEEF and I are trying to coordinate our game.  I'd prefer to play if possible, but this week is tough for me because of holiday/work obligations.

Gamertag = IkeV
Dcurse
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »

I know I'm just the guest commissioner, but this week has been running since December 1st.  That's over two weeks.  I'd really like to advance it soon.

At our current pace, the playoffs won't start until April/May. 

Can you guys play your games in the next 36 hours and I'll advance it Thursday morning?
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 15, 2009, 10:16:56 PM »

I don't think it will be possible for me to play it before Saturday.

Gamertag = IkeV
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: