http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 09:07:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Madden 10 Online Franchise - Week 10  (Read 31434 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2009, 08:05:52 PM »

I'm still waiting for him to accept me as a friend on live.  I don't he plays much, it's not fair that he's holding down everyone else. 
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »

Honesty can't we just boot him and let Ike play against the computer? It would be really lame for him to get a loss because the other guy is a no-show.. He can always take the team back over again if it turns out he was out of town or something.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2009, 01:53:28 AM »

i have to say i'm so confused as to why he hasn't made the effort to get in touch with Ike. I'd say go ahead and kick him and then after Ike plays the game maybe he can rejoin if he's interested in keeping up with it. Next time I get a hold of him I'll try to figure this whole thing out.

My brother, Mike0368 joined today I think as the Vikings. He played his game. Send him a friend invite if you get a chance. I have a direct line of communication with him so I'll keep an eye on his games as well as mine.
fuzzyslug
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2009, 03:33:23 AM »

Man, everyone hates me and I didn't even know it!  Beef, even you!

Ike and I have just had trouble hooking up.  We had the holiday weekend and then I thought we were playing on Monday at 10:00 (we didn't mention a time and I thought it was the same as the previous schedule) and then I thought we were playing yesterday at 8:30 (I missed the email request, my XBL message didn't do the trick).  It's ok.  It happens. 

naednek, I didn't accept your friend request because my friends list sits at 99 and I didn't have anyone I really wanted to boot (maybe I should boot Beef!).  It's nothing personal, obviously.  There's another person from the league (I think) that sits in the queue too.

Guys, I think I'm just going to duck out.  I have another league running and I honestly didn't want to hold anyone up (I'm busy tomorrow too!) or upset anyone.  Good luck folks.  Have a fun season.

--  fuzzyslug
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2009, 11:41:40 AM »

Ike, can you get your game in against the computer tonight?

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »

I do not believe I will be able to.  I'm sorry, but I already had plans tonight. 

Also, I don't want to slam fuzzyslug - it would be a mischaracterization to say that he didn't get in touch with me.  He did.  We tried a few times to schedule the game.  The problem was that we could only communicate via XBL, which is fine if we're both online and can say, hey, let's play that game now.  It's not so good for setting something up ahead of time.  By the time fuzzy tried to get in touch with me on Monday, I was fast asleep, even though I was online for a few hours before that.

I'm sorry to make you guys wait.  I can definitely play against the computer Friday night or Saturday morning.  If fuzzy wants to stay in the league, I'd be more than happy to play against him.  I should get home around 10 Friday night and I have to get out of the house by about 9:30 Saturday morning, but if fuzzy is willing to play during that time frame, I'm certainly willing to play against him.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »

Don't be a dick, Ike.

gellar
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »

You know you can use xbox.com to communicate, one gamertag to another, right?  You don't have to be on your 360.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2009, 09:47:22 PM »

I, personally, am in no rush to get to week 3. I have no problems with waiting until Ike and fuzzy can hook up to play their game. In the end, that's what it's all about to me. The human vs. human games are a lot more important to me. Just my 2 cents tho.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2009, 01:44:01 AM »

Now I feel like a huge dickface. Fuzzy quit the league. The guy, who is one of the nicest guys I've ever spoken with, got slandered solely because he wasn't a member of these boards. Everyone, including me, jumped to the conclusion that he didn't make the effort to play his game with Ike. I'm pissed at myself more than anything for not communicating better with him. Can we just hold up and try to get him back in the league?
fuzzyslug
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2009, 03:25:25 AM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on September 11, 2009, 01:44:01 AM

Now I feel like a huge dickface. Fuzzy quit the league. The guy, who is one of the nicest guys I've ever spoken with, got slandered solely because he wasn't a member of these boards. Everyone, including me, jumped to the conclusion that he didn't make the effort to play his game with Ike. I'm pissed at myself more than anything for not communicating better with him. Can we just hold up and try to get him back in the league?

Slow down Beef.  I didn't mean to make you feel bad.  Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.  I don't feel slandered or, if I do, it was a rather tame version of it over here. smile

--  fuzzyslug
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2009, 03:26:45 AM »

It's been almost 2 weeks.  

Play the game, or sim it and move on.

People will lose interest.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
fuzzyslug
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2009, 03:28:21 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on September 10, 2009, 02:50:31 PM

I do not believe I will be able to.  I'm sorry, but I already had plans tonight. 

Also, I don't want to slam fuzzyslug - it would be a mischaracterization to say that he didn't get in touch with me.  He did.  We tried a few times to schedule the game.  The problem was that we could only communicate via XBL, which is fine if we're both online and can say, hey, let's play that game now.  It's not so good for setting something up ahead of time.  By the time fuzzy tried to get in touch with me on Monday, I was fast asleep, even though I was online for a few hours before that.

I'm sorry to make you guys wait.  I can definitely play against the computer Friday night or Saturday morning.  If fuzzy wants to stay in the league, I'd be more than happy to play against him.  I should get home around 10 Friday night and I have to get out of the house by about 9:30 Saturday morning, but if fuzzy is willing to play during that time frame, I'm certainly willing to play against him.

Ike, let's try one more time Friday night, say 10:30 EST ish.  If we fail to hook up, just sim it or play against the computer or whatever works out the best.

Side note: never admit you get up before 9:30 to play games, unless you have kids and have no other choice (like me)!

--  fuzzyslug
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »

I can make it tonight at 10:30. I can actually do it earlier as it turns out I'm not going out tonight but I will assume we'reon for 10:30.

Sorry for being a dick.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »

Oh my God, can we PLEASE just move on? Otherwise I am just going to back out. This is crazy fellas.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2009, 02:40:08 AM »

So Fuzzy and I just tried to play.  Apparently he's been kicked and banned from the franchise.  Sort of anticlimactic.

I'll get the game played first thing in the morning so we can advance the week.

Gamertag = IkeV
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on September 12, 2009, 02:40:08 AM

So Fuzzy and I just tried to play.  Apparently he's been kicked and banned from the franchise.  Sort of anticlimactic.

I booted him because I thought he was backing out of the league, and wanted to make sure that next time you logged in you could play the computer and not have to wait for him to leave the league. I thought, based on something I had read at Operation Sports, that players who were booted from the league could still rejoin.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »

It's Week 3. Get those games in!

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2009, 04:01:31 PM »

Woo looks like I'm against the CPU this week. I haven't played in over a week so it should be interesting. slywink
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »

Teggy and I just played our week 3 game, with my Panthers beating his Cowboys, 17-3. Here was the play of the game:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9194584

Good game, Teggy.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2009, 05:32:57 PM »

Wow... very tricky game against Tennessee for me.  Neither team could get much going.  I threw a pick six before the half to put the Titans up 10-0 but then managed to complete probably the best screen pass of my life to Thomas Jones to salvage 3 just before halftime (I really should have scored on that play).  Huge play by Kerry Rhodes to recover a fumble that led to our only TD of the game.  Unfortunately Rhodes was injured that play.

End of the game was a bit strange as the Titans were obviously playing for the win.  Within decent FG range, Collins does the fake spike thing and I sack him (with no timeouts left).  Questionable decision making there.

I have highlights I uploaded, but don't know how to find since my EA account is for my PS3 profile.

Jets 13, Titans 10.

gellar
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2009, 11:02:41 PM »

Browns move to 2-1 with a 10-3 win in Baltimore.  The Browns outgained the Ravens 256-139 yards but the Browns' crappy WRs had two big fumbles costing them at least 6 points.  I hate Braylon Edwards.  mad

The the new Dog defense still has not allowed a TD.  The 0-2 Bengals come to the the Dog Pound next week.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »

Since I don't think we'll move on to Week 4 before this coming weekend, I'll toggle myself to 'Away' or whatever.  I'm going to be gone from Sat Sept 19 until Sun Sept 27.  Feel free to sim my games until I get back.

gellar
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »

I'm going to try and get my game in tonight. Might not be until tomorrow depending on if I get out of work on time.  crybaby
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2009, 02:01:09 AM »

The game started with a LONG drive by the Chiefs. But on 3rd and 3 with 29 seconds remaining in the first quarter, Cassel is picked by Samuel...the funny thing is, while I'm running the ball back for a TD my wife tells me to get my baby's milk from the warmer. So I pause in the middle of the runback. When I get back and unpause it...well, watch and see for yourself.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9291707

Pretty funny after the fact, when I dumped in this 5 yard TD pass to Leonard Weaver a couple minutes later (just in time before McNabb gets creamed)...7-0 Eagles

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9291773

The Chiefs then had a drive stall and the Eagles get the ball back. Put together a nice drive and McNabb dumps off to L. McCoy for another 5 yard TD pass...14-0 Eagles

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9291744

Here's the part of the game I can't believe EA can't get right. The Chiefs receive the ball with 25 seconds left. Run the ball 3 times but call a timeout after EACH PLAY. So...I get the ball back with 3 timeouts and about 17 seconds left...even though I don't need any...here's the very next play...It's a beauty, play action, pump fake, BOMB........21-0 Eagles at halftime

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9291795

Second half Eagles controlled the ball and added two more scores on a 46 yard TD pass to Maclin and a 67 yard run by Westbrook. The Chiefs added some garbage points in the 4th quarter.

35-7 Eagles over Chiefs.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

Well I tried to get my game in last night but in the 4th quarter my dvd drive bit the dust. frown Not sure if it just sims the game to the end or not. 360 is out of warranty and I have no money so I'm going to have to try and fix it myself. I took it apart last night and a magnet came loose. Put it back and now it will play DVD's but not games.  thumbsdown I'm going to give it another shot tonight but if I can't get it fixed I'm not sure when I will be able to get a replacement. I'll let you know how the operation tonight goes.  ninja
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »

Dcurse and I had an AWESOME game last night.

Falcons 10
Patriots 14

Falcons        Patriots
Total Yards 296 298
Pass Yards 120 191
Pass Ints. 1 1
Total Offense 201 200
Rush Yards 81 9
Time of Poss. 17:04 10:56
Fumbles Lost 0 1
Kick Return Yds. 83 83
Punt Return Yds. 12 15
Penalty Count 0 1
Penalty Yards 0 10
Red Zone Atts. 2 1
Red Zone Fgs. 1 0
Red Zone Tds. 0 1

Just look at how equal the game was!!!!

Anyway, Brady to Welker killed me, but I was still proud of how I played, and I think I'm finally getting comfortable with the Falcons. My run D was great, held them to under 10 yards rushing, and I finally got Michael Turner on track. I had the ball inside his 10 yard line with just seconds to go when one of his DB's jumped a comeback route that Roddy White was running and picked it off, ending my chance for a great comeback. Still, great game and kudos to DCurse, he plays a great game.

I would post highlights but I can get the links to work. They are in the video section on the league page though.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2009, 01:29:02 AM »

Sorry I've been delayed getting my game played. I've been fairly busy the past couple of days. I'm going to try and get my game in tomorrow or Friday morning before going to work. I'm afraid it will be the only time I'll have to actually play.  retard

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2009, 02:35:41 AM »

Well, I just spent 33 minutes waiting for Pingwrx in the franchise lobby and I apparently have been stood up. Not really all that happy about that, but I'm going to bed now and I guess we'll just try again another time.

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2009, 01:51:49 PM »

Well I somehow got my DVD drive to limp through a game last night. Looks like I have to order a new one. Not sure if I'll be able to play my game next week. If I set myself as away can the person I'm playing against play the CPU?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on September 17, 2009, 01:51:49 PM

Well I somehow got my DVD drive to limp through a game last night. Looks like I have to order a new one. Not sure if I'll be able to play my game next week. If I set myself as away can the person I'm playing against play the CPU?

That is my understanding of how it works.

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »

Cool well I'm going to set myself as away then because I have to order a drive tonight and won't get it until early next week. The good news is that the hardware department at work said they would flash the new drive for me. Otherwise I would have to swap the circuit boards which is a bit more dicey.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »

The Pittsburgh Steelers took on their AFC North rivals, the Cincinnati Bengals, in Week 3. Things got off to a rocky start for the Bengals, as they seemingly fumbled the opening kickoff, which the Steelers returned for a touchdown. But the Bengals were quick to challenge and the play was reversed. However, dodging the early bullet couldn't help the Bengals offense, as they went 3-and-out on their first possession. After Santonio Holmes returned the punt inside the Bengals 40-yard line, Willie Parker ripped off a 23-yard rush up the right sideline. Two plays later Mewelde Moore rushed up the middle to give the Steelers a 7-0 lead.

After another 3-and-out for the Bengals offense, their defense stepped up and made things difficult for the Steelers. On Pittsburgh's next drive, the Bengals sacked Roethlisberger on 1st down, stuffed Willie Parker behind the line of scrimmage on 2nd down, and Rey Maualuga intercepted Big Ben's pass on 3rd down. The good field position couldn't spark the Bengals offense however, and they were quickly forced to punt the ball back. But Big Ben turns the ball over again, this time after fumbling the snap, and the Bengals take over on the Steelers 35. This time, Carson Palmer is able to move the football, and caps off the short drive with an 11-yard touchdown pass to Chris Henry to tie the game at 7.

The Steelers get the ball back with just over a minute left in the first half. On 2nd down, Big Ben throws it short to Hines Ward, who takes it 53-yards until he is finally tackled inside the Bengals 5-yard line. The next play Big Ben passes it to Willie Parker for the touchdown, and the Steelers go into halftime leading 14-7.

The third quarter saw a continuation of the poor offensive play from both teams, with the only score being a 49-yard field goal for the Steelers, who now have a 17-7 lead going into the 4th quarter. With time running out, Carson Palmer finally is able to get things going with the passing game, and is easily moving his team down the field. Then, from inside the Steelers 30, Palmer throws his first interception of the day to the rookie out of UCF, Joe Burnett, who takes the interception down to the Bengals 25-yard line. That would lead to a 9-yard touchdown run by Willie Parker, his second touchdown of the day. Then, on the next drive for the Bengals, the Steelers defense strikes again. This time, William Gay intercepts Palmer's pass, and takes it all the way back for the touchdown. The Steelers go on to win, 31-7.

It was a pretty bad day to be a member of either offense. Big Ben completed just 8 out of 11 passes, for 144 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, and he even had 1 fumble lost. Palmer went 17 of 29 for 193 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT's. Willie Parker had 2 touchdowns on the day, but only finished with 64 yards on 15 attempts. Cedric Benson finished with just 10 attempts for -9 yards. The Bengals as a team rushed for -11 yards on the day. icon_biggrin

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

Well I set myself as away for next week. I just ordered a new drive that should be coming sometime next week.  thumbsup
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »

when do we advance to week 4?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on September 21, 2009, 09:10:49 PM

when do we advance to week 4?

Tomorrow morning. There's one more game left to play, but if it can't get played tonight it will have to be simmed.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »

And he has yet to respond back to me, either here, or on XBL, to say he can play, so I'm not holding any hope. I have to go work very early tomorrow so unless he sends  me a message within the next hour, I won't be able to play anyway.

Really gonna be pissed if my game gets simmed and I lose. frown

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »

It's Week 4! Get your games in. There are two head-to-head matchups this week. I've got to take on IkeV and the Chargers if I plan on getting to 4-0, and Teggy will be taking on ForsakenPenguin to get back to 2-2.

Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »

I might get my drive in before you sim again. If I'm the last one left though just kick it to the next week.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »

D'oh. I just logged into the franchise to play my week 4 game and I'm on a bye. Damn you, real-life schedules!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: