http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 12:38:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Madden 10 Online Franchise - Week 10  (Read 30875 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »

just played my week two, I came out with a win of 17-10.  Managed to survive all the perfect passes Palmer all of a sudden threw. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2009, 12:10:41 AM »

DCurse's Patriots are all set to be Sanchezed on Sunday night.

gellar
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2009, 03:27:47 AM »

Wow I just got stomped all over lost 17-3. I'd post highlights but I don't have any.  crybaby Threw 4 picks and lost a fumble. I need to practice... A lot.. It was fun though we were cracking up at all the picks on both sides.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2009, 03:52:29 AM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on August 29, 2009, 03:27:47 AM

Wow I just got stomped all over lost 17-3. I'd post highlights but I don't have any.  crybaby Threw 4 picks and lost a fumble. I need to practice... A lot.. It was fun though we were cracking up at all the picks on both sides.

I don't know if I would describe it as "stomped all over".  icon_lol

I happened to be gifted a 70 yard Demarcus Ware INT for a TD (which came up with no usable angles when I tried to highlight it - seriously, it would start with several seconds of extreme closeups of the crowd) and a timely fumble recovery, but it was just ugly all around. Both Romo and Manning threw 4 picks each and Manning at least managed a QB rating of 1, while Romo came up with a goose egg. A ZERO QB rating.  icon_lol

I told Octavious that since we will meet again later in the season we've got a lot of improving to do. We couldn't possibly do worse.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2009, 03:57:04 AM »

Ack, when I go to the franchise web site now, it says I'm not in the franchise.

EDIT: I am an idiot. "Leave Franchise" does not mean "Leave the Franchise area".  I fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:08:21 AM by Teggy » Logged

BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2009, 04:14:14 AM »

Just played my week two game against the visiting Saints.

1st quarter...Saints received and drove methodically down the field. I was finally able to stop Brees in the endzone with some timely pressure. They settled for a field goal, but took 5:30 off the clock.

2nd quarter...Starting with the ball late in the first quarter, I had a really nice drive myself, reaching the 7-yard line. But then Jonathan Vilma made a sick one-handed interception on a bullet pass and took off 93 yards for a touchdown...a hopeless McNabb chasing from behind. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8797101

On my next possession, I again drove down the field. I stalled a bit and faced a 3rd and 10, and came up with this play for a first down... http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8797103

Got in the red zone again, but this time it wasn't Vilma but Prioleau who put a stop to things...where did he come from?!? http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8797108

After stopping the Saints on three straight running plays and killing the clock with a timeout with 54 seconds left in the half, DeSean Jackson returns a punt to the Saints 20 yard line. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8797149

A couple plays and a pass interference call later, Westbrook broke through for a 1 yard touchdown run.

After an uneventful 3rd quarter, the Saints drove the ball but I was able to stop them in the red zone, forcing them to kick. They increased their lead to 13-7 with about 5 minutes left.

I then took off driving the field yet again, but this one ended with a Fujita interception with 2:45 seconds remaining. I'm thinking game over...but I stopped the Saints offense and forced a punt. 1:45 and a long field to go I ended up with a 4th and 6 on the 12 yard line. 14 seconds left. This was the result...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8797128

touchdown Kevin Curtis with 10 seconds left! To be completely honest...I picked this play by accident but had no timeouts leftto correct my error. I was really bummed and knew Curtis was my only hope on this play. luckily it was a linebacker in the zone and Mcnabb led Curtis perfectly for the diving catch. I narrowly escaped an 0-2 hole...bring on the Chiefs!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:17:01 AM by BEEFHAMMA » Logged
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2009, 04:20:28 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 29, 2009, 03:52:29 AM

Quote from: Octavious230 on August 29, 2009, 03:27:47 AM

I don't know if I would describe it as "stomped all over".  icon_lol

I happened to be gifted a 70 yard Demarcus Ware INT for a TD (which came up with no usable angles when I tried to highlight it - seriously, it would start with several seconds of extreme closeups of the crowd) and a timely fumble recovery, but it was just ugly all around. Both Romo and Manning threw 4 picks each and Manning at least managed a QB rating of 1, while Romo came up with a goose egg. A ZERO QB rating.  icon_lol

I told Octavious that since we will meet again later in the season we've got a lot of improving to do. We couldn't possibly do worse.

I played a pickup game afterwards and played pretty good. I don't know why I was so horrible tonight lol. The Cowboys were putting on a lot of pressure I guess.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »

My internets is out. Assuming they fix it today, I should be around tonight and most of the day tomorrow. I start work again on Monday and my weekday time is pretty limited but we'll see what happens.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

Looks like my Xbox is on it's last legs. The disk drive just stops spinning every once in a while. I have the game installed to the HD but I'm not sure how much longer this sucker will last. It's past it's warranty so I'd have to buy a new one.  crybaby
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

Week 2 the Steelers traveled to Chicago to take on the Bears. It quickly looked like the game was going to be a Steelers blowout, but both defenses played lights out, and the game finished a nail biter.

The Steelers get the ball to start, and quickly march down the field, taking 9 plays to go 67 yards. The drive is finished with a 5-yard pass to Heath Miller for the touchdown. Steelers lead 7-0.

The Steelers defense completely shuts down the Bears offense on their first drive, forcing a punt after a 3-and-out. Not wasting any time, the Steelers quickly get back into scoring range, thanks to a 54-yard rush up the left sideline from Willie Parker. Parker almost scores on the play, but loses his footing, and it's enough to let Nathan Vasher catch up and tackle him at the five yard line. Vasher, after already saving the touchdown, intercepts Ben's next pass deep in the end zone, and returns it all the way for a touchdown. But the Bears are called for holding, and the ball comes all the way back to the 3-yard line. On the very next play, Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith comes around the corner and sacks Jay Cutler in the end zone for a safety. The Steelers then quickly march down the field after the punt, and score off of a Jeff Reed 32-yard field goal. Steelers lead 12-0.

The Bears offense continues to struggle as they again go 3-and-out, giving the ball back to the Steelers on their own 47 with 34 seconds left in the half. The Steelers have all of their timeouts, and Big Ben leads them on another big drive. It takes just 4 plays and 20 seconds to lead his offense down to the Chicago 6-yard line, with a 15-yard pass to Miller and a 20-yard pass to Santonio Holmes. But they are unable to punch it in for a touchdown, and have to settle for another field goal, this one a 23-yard attempt from Reed. The Steelers go into halftime leading 15-0.

It looks like the game is out of hand for the Bears. Their offense failed to register a first down and even gave up a safety. The Bears defense saved a touchdown by intercepting Ben in the endzone, but hasn't been able to stop the Steelers from moving the ball quickly and efficiently at all in the first half. But give credit to Cutler and Brian Urlacher, who wouldn't let their team fade away. The Bears get the ball to start the second half, and Cutler leads his offense down the field on an 11-play drive, capped off by an 11-yard touchdown rush by Matt Forte. Steelers lead 15-7.

Then it was Urlacher's turn. The Steelers are facing a 3rd and 2, and try to run it up the gut with Parker, but Urlacher blows through the line and tackles Parker for a loss, with help from safety Josh Bullocks, forcing a Steelers 3-and-out.

After another Bears 3-and-out, the Steelers start to move the ball again, and get down into Chicago territory looking to make it a two possession ballgame. But Urlacher isn't going to let that happen. On 1st and 10 from the Chicago 42, he tackles Parker for another 3-yard loss. Then he stops Parker again on 2nd down for no gain. Urlacher finishes the drive by intercepting Big Ben's pass to Heath Miller on 3rd down and returning it to midfield. Urlacher would finish the game with 7 solo tackles, 3 tackle assists, 3 tackles for loss, and 1 interception.

The Bears have the ball on the Pittsburgh 49 with just over two minutes left in the game, and they need a touchdown and a two-point conversion to tie. But two plays later Cutler throws his only interception of the game to Lawrence Timmons. The Steelers go on to win 15-7 and start the season off with a 2-0 record.

The Bears offense was atrocious most of the day, gaining just 92 yards of offense and going 2-7 on 3rd down. The Steelers weren't much better, going 3-9 on 3rd downs, but were able to rack up 231 yards of total offense and had the ball for 17:17 compared to the Bears 10:43. Big Ben went 13/19 for 141 yards, 1TD/2INT for a rating of 68.0. Cutler went 8/16 for 62 yards, 0TD/1INT for a rating of just 33.9. Parker ran 21 times for 95 yards, and Forte ran just 9 times for 34 yards and a touchdown.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2009, 04:41:16 PM »

I just PM'ed Capt. Caveman about playing ours this afternoon. I'll at least get my Colts game in if he can't play our other one.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2009, 02:39:12 AM »

EA's replay site is down so I could not upload any highlights.  mad

Browns go into Denver and grind out a 13-3 win.  Jamal Lewis had the key play when he busted a 73 yard TD run to give the Browns a 10-0 lead early in the 3rd quarter.  Neither Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson was able to get much going in the air.  But the Dawg Defense made the lead stand up.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:28:06 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:59 AM »

Quote from: gellar on August 29, 2009, 12:10:41 AM

DCurse's Patriots are all set to be Sanchezed on Sunday night.

And by Sanchezed, I meant '4 Interceptions'.

17-14 Pats over Jets.  Game was marred by turnovers on both sides of the ball and was really a tale of two halfs - DCurse roared out to a 17 point lead before I managed to do anything against his defense (other than throw them the ball) and score two TDs.  I had the ball with about 1:30 left and no timeouts, but good defense by the Pats caused me to throw just underneath until desperation time... at which point I promptly threw the 4th INT to end the game.

I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE, DCURSE.

gellar
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2009, 02:27:26 AM »

jblank's Falcons and my Panthers tangled on Saturday. I prevailed 17-10, mainly due to a number of crucial drops by Falcon receivers, and this miraculous back of the end zone catch by Steve Smith:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8808944

BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2009, 12:33:49 AM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on September 02, 2009, 02:27:26 AM

jblank's Falcons and my Panthers tangled on Saturday. I prevailed 17-10, mainly due to a number of crucial drops by Falcon receivers, and this miraculous back of the end zone catch by Steve Smith:

Caveman, how do you get the replay to play in that view?
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on September 03, 2009, 12:33:49 AM

Quote from: Captain Caveman on September 02, 2009, 02:27:26 AM

When you save the highlight after the game, it gives you a bunch of different preset camera options. I forget which one this angle is called, though.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on September 03, 2009, 12:32:11 PM

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on September 03, 2009, 12:33:49 AM

When you save the highlight after the game, it gives you a bunch of different preset camera options. I forget which one this angle is called, though.

It looked like Press Box - Wide to me.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2009, 11:53:23 AM »

Fuzzyslug and I have been unable to get our game played and we're both going out of town for the weekend.  We have plans to play it on Monday if that's ok.  I'm not sure when you were going to advance the week.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on September 04, 2009, 11:53:23 AM

Fuzzyslug and I have been unable to get our game played and we're both going out of town for the weekend.  We have plans to play it on Monday if that's ok.  I'm not sure when you were going to advance the week.

I'm fine with that. You had internet issues last weekend and this weekend is a holiday. Send me a message when you finish the game Monday and I'll advance the week then.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »

I see you guys are in week 2.  Would it be possible for me and my son to join?  Not even sure which teams are left, but I'm sure we could find someone we liked.

Gamertags are Cowboys59 and ForsakenPenguin

Edit:  Just looked at what was left and he would take the Broncos and I would take the Bears.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:27:44 PM by The_Man » Logged
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »

Woo the more the merrier!  thumbsup
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2009, 02:17:23 PM »

Yup, join in.

vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2009, 02:19:36 AM »

what teams are left?
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2009, 03:59:52 AM »

First post has a list of the teams taken. I'm sure it's not updated with the Broncos and the Bears being taken but otherwise it should be accurate.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2009, 01:16:37 AM »

I'll take buffalo  bills. how do i sign up?

gamertag: Buliwyf
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2009, 02:29:35 AM »

I think you have to be sent a invite from msteelers who appears to not be around this weekend. I have a feeling he will pop up tomorrow though.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2009, 03:06:06 AM »

I think you can just search for the franchise "gamingtrend" and use the password "GTFootball" after you choose a team. Pay attention to the case.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2009, 02:41:41 PM »

Sorry to do this, but the game is has pissed me off to no end.  I ended up selling it on EBAY.

If anyone wants the packers it yours.

Here's the problem, I can't get online with my xbox and I'm not sure why.  Msteelers, can you kick me out of the league?  I would hate to leave and still have my name attached to it when someone else could play a decent team.

My apologies for not sticking through, but I'm tired of being frustrated after playing it.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

When will the week be advancing? Week 2 is taking a bit long to complete.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

i'm trying to get my brother to join.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2009, 06:45:30 PM »

I'm having a hard time getting my game played with fuzzyslug.  He's not registered on the boards and the only way I can communicate with him is via XBL.  I'd prefer not to have my games simulated, but I honestly don't know when I'm going to play my game with him.

Gamertag = IkeV
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »

Quote from: The_Man on September 05, 2009, 12:25:54 PM

I see you guys are in week 2.  Would it be possible for me and my son to join?  Not even sure which teams are left, but I'm sure we could find someone we liked.

Gamertags are Cowboys59 and ForsakenPenguin

Edit:  Just looked at what was left and he would take the Broncos and I would take the Bears.

Welcome!

Quote from: vizionblind on September 07, 2009, 01:16:37 AM

I'll take buffalo  bills. how do i sign up?

gamertag: Buliwyf

You should be able to search for the franchise on your own like Teggy mentioned, but when I get home I will send you an invite. Make sure you activate the online franchise though, or else the invite will not go through.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 08, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 07, 2009, 02:41:41 PM

Sorry to do this, but the game is has pissed me off to no end.  I ended up selling it on EBAY.

If anyone wants the packers it yours.

Here's the problem, I can't get online with my xbox and I'm not sure why.  Msteelers, can you kick me out of the league?  I would hate to leave and still have my name attached to it when someone else could play a decent team.

My apologies for not sticking through, but I'm tired of being frustrated after playing it.

Sorry that you weren't having fun with it. I'll make sure to remove you from the league once I get home.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on September 08, 2009, 06:45:30 PM

I'm having a hard time getting my game played with fuzzyslug.  He's not registered on the boards and the only way I can communicate with him is via XBL.  I'd prefer not to have my games simulated, but I honestly don't know when I'm going to play my game with him.

Hopefully you guys can get your game in tonight. In the interest of keeping this thing moving, I've got to advance the week tonight or tomorrow morning. I also would prefer to not have the game simulated, but we've been on Week 2 for almost a week and a half.

BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2009, 11:39:41 PM »

ill see if i can get a hold of him...but i can also only communicate with him thru xbl.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2009, 04:07:20 AM »

fuzzy and I traded messages today. He said he might be able to play tomorrow night. Ike, maybe send him a message over XBL tomorrow? Not sure where you live, but fuzzy is on the east coast just so you know which timezone he's in.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2009, 01:41:34 PM »

I finally got my game from SI yesterday. I might be interested in joining the league; the only issue is that I'll be gone most weekends (Thursday - Sunday) over the next few months which might make it difficult to schedule games.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2009, 03:48:05 PM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on September 09, 2009, 04:07:20 AM

fuzzy and I traded messages today. He said he might be able to play tomorrow night. Ike, maybe send him a message over XBL tomorrow? Not sure where you live, but fuzzy is on the east coast just so you know which timezone he's in.

It's got to be tonight. I'll be advancing the week tonight at 11:00 EST unless the game is in progress, or plans have been made to play the game later tonight.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on September 09, 2009, 01:41:34 PM

I finally got my game from SI yesterday. I might be interested in joining the league; the only issue is that I'll be gone most weekends (Thursday - Sunday) over the next few months which might make it difficult to schedule games.

No worries. If you think you wont be able to schedule your games against a human player, you can always set your status to "Away" for the week.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on September 09, 2009, 04:07:20 AM

I don't think I'm going to be able to play tomorrow.  This is ridiculous.  I don't see why the guy can't join the board just for the purpose of following this thread.  It's not like it costs money.  I've even given him my email address, which he has not used.

Gamertag = IkeV
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: