http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 03:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Madden 10 Online Franchise - Week 10  (Read 31164 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Captain Caveman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1339


View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

I just checked out the website.

You know, this league thing kinda rocks.
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4677



View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »

is it too late to join?  I forgot about this
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4677



View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »

I see it's AI and human.  If it's not too late, I can wrap up week 1 tonight, so I'm not holding anyone back
Logged
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2009, 03:16:02 PM »

Quote from: naednek on August 24, 2009, 03:00:21 PM

is it too late to join?  I forgot about this

Not at all. 49ers I presume? They play the Cardinals in Week 1 I believe, which is pingwrx's team. Last time I checked he hadn't played his game yet, so you still might be able to get in for Week 1. If he already played his game, then you should be able to get in and start controlling them for Week 2.

Franchise name is GamingTrend and password is GTFootball.
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4677



View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »

how do I join?  I'm at the site, found your league, and it says it's private.  I don't see anywhere I can join and enter in the pw
Logged
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2009, 03:29:29 PM »

Quote from: naednek on August 24, 2009, 03:27:43 PM

how do I join?  I'm at the site, found your league, and it says it's private.  I don't see anywhere I can join and enter in the pw

Pretty sure you have to join in-game.
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4677



View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2009, 03:32:23 PM »

oh smile  Well I'll do so tonight.  I'm trying to decide if I want to go 49ers smile  But there's not much better out there biggrin
Logged
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4215


Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned


View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2009, 04:05:19 PM »

I would love to give you guys highlights a summary from my Falcons vs. Dolphins game, but there were no highlights at all, and the summary can be made in one quick sentence....ready......

If you turn the ball over twice inside your opponents 20 yard line.....you will lose, and that is just what I did.

Dolphins 7
Falcons 3

and yes, it was just as boring and bland as the final score. It's a lot more fun to play as the Colts under my other gamertag. smile

I don't know who is left, but hopefully they finish today......I'm ready for Week 2.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:12:56 PM by jblank » Logged

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2009, 05:53:46 PM »

The online site definitely gets a bit glitchy. I've never seen the score line up right on the scoring summary (it will say the score was 7-7 after a first quarter field goal, for example) and I've also seen the individual stats have the teams reversed (Dallas players under Tampa icon). It has potential, though smile
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

Ok. From looking at the website it looks like pingwrx hasn't played his game yet against the 49ers, so there's still time to grab them and play Week 1. Some teams that are computer controlled have already had their Week 1 games played, so if anyone wants to control that team, they will have to start with Week 2 (but please register now). Other teams are computer controlled, but have not played their first game yet, so can be controlled starting Week 1. Here are the list of teams for anyone who is interested in joining the league:

Available Week 1:
Chiefs*
Broncos
Bengals
Lions
Saints
Rams
Seahawks
49ers**
Chargers
Raiders

Available Week 2:
Titans
Texans
Vikings
Jaguars
Buccaneers
Dolphins
Redskins
Bills
Bears

* Chiefs are playing the Ravens, which BEEFHAMMA's friend fuzzyslug has reserved. However, he has not registered with the league yet. There is still time to register as the Chiefs, but you will have to wait until fuzzyslug joins to play your game.

** 49ers are playing the Cardinals, which is pingwrx's team. If pingwrx plays his game before you register, then you wont be able to take control of the team until Week 2.

UPDATE: Changed Bears status to being available Week 2 and removed Packers from the list.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:41:31 PM by msteelers » Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
pingwrx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1228


View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on August 24, 2009, 07:35:58 PM

Ok. From looking at the website it looks like pingwrx hasn't played his game yet against the 49ers, so there's still time to grab them and play Week 1. Some teams that are computer controlled have already had their Week 1 games played, so if anyone wants to control that team, they will have to start with Week 2 (but please register now). Other teams are computer controlled, but have not played their first game yet, so can be controlled starting Week 1. Here are the list of teams for anyone who is interested in joining the league:

Available Week 1:
Chiefs*
Broncos
Bengals
Lions
Saints
Rams
Seahawks
49ers**
Bears
Packers
Chargers
Raiders

Available Week 2:
Titans
Texans
Vikings
Jaguars
Buccaneers
Dolphins
Redskins
Bills

* Chiefs are playing the Ravens, which BEEFHAMMA's friend fuzzyslug has reserved. However, he has not registered with the league yet. There is still time to register as the Chiefs, but you will have to wait until fuzzyslug joins to play your game.

** 49ers are playing the Cardinals, which is pingwrx's team. If pingwrx plays his game before you register, then you wont be able to take control of the team until Week 2.

If you want I can wait till Naednek signs up and then we can play the Cardinals and 49ers game out.
Logged

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4677



View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2009, 01:17:10 AM »

I decided to pick the packers.  I need a change of scenery.  Unfortunately the scenery stayed the same, and lost 41-38 or something like that.  So I'm caught up smile 

I hate the AI.  It cheats, plain and simple.
Logged
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 139


View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2009, 02:54:54 AM »

pretty sure fuzzyslug will join as the Ravens. He tried to get in last night but said the password didn't work. Is it case sensitive? I copied and pasted it from the forum thread and sent him a message, so he should be in next time he signs on.
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4677



View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2009, 03:12:44 AM »

Quote from: BEEFHAMMA on August 25, 2009, 02:54:54 AM

pretty sure fuzzyslug will join as the Ravens. He tried to get in last night but said the password didn't work. Is it case sensitive? I copied and pasted it from the forum thread and sent him a message, so he should be in next time he signs on.

yeah it's case sensitive, i found that out the hard way...
Logged
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »

So how are we doing here?
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM

So how are we doing here?

Waiting for a couple of things to happen. pingwrx and fuzzyslug need to play their games, and everyone else needs to make sure they have their status set to ready before I advance the week. The deadline to finish Week 1 is this Sunday. Unless pingwrx and fuzzyslug finish their games before then, Week 2 will start Sunday night.
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2009, 05:37:49 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on August 26, 2009, 05:10:21 PM

Quote from: Teggy on August 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM

So how are we doing here?

Waiting for a couple of things to happen. pingwrx and fuzzyslug need to play their games, and everyone else needs to make sure they have their status set to ready before I advance the week. The deadline to finish Week 1 is this Sunday. Unless pingwrx and fuzzyslug finish their games before then, Week 2 will start Sunday night.

Do you have to do something special to be "ready"?
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2009, 05:48:05 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 26, 2009, 05:37:49 PM

Do you have to do something special to be "ready"?

When you log into the franchise in game, the first panel on the right is the "Owners" panel. It will list all of the users who are in the franchise, and show their status. Click on yours, and it will bring up the option to change your status to "Not Ready", "Ready", and "Away".
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

I'll make sure to login tonight and change my status. Next week it's Dallas!
Logged
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 139


View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2009, 12:42:35 AM »

i sent fuzzyslug a message telling him to play his game. He's playing CPU opponent right?

also, if everyone else in the league could send him a friend request, that would be easier than me giving him a list of all your gamertags...some of which I don't have either. I'll have to get on that.
Logged
pingwrx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1228


View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2009, 05:14:18 AM »

Got my game in tonight
AZ 30
SF   7
Logged

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »

Gah forgot to login last night. I'll do it tonight I swear! slywink I need to run a practice game against Dallas anyway. Haven't played all week.  icon_eek
Logged
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2009, 01:13:57 PM »


Quote from: Octavious230 on August 27, 2009, 01:05:46 PM

Gah forgot to login last night. I'll do it tonight I swear! slywink I need to run a practice game against Dallas anyway. Haven't played all week.  icon_eek

You don't need to practice to play me.
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2784


RRoD FTL! F MS!


View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »

So, I took the Chargers, being the best team that hadn't already played a game.  I beat the Raiders, 7-6, despite throwing 4(!) picks.  I had been playing offline with "my skill" which apparently was a lot easier than All-Pro.  Looks like I have some practicing to do.  Also, it looks like the franchise plays a tick or two faster than the default offline mode.  I haven't poked around the interface too much yet, so I will take a look at that, and the website.  Looks like I gots some practicing to do.

Fuzzyslug, you and me are up.  I'm not working this week, so it will be easy for me to schedule a game.  Next week I am probably working again, and will have a hard time playing at all during weekdays.
Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Ralph-Wiggum
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2628


View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »

I might be interested in joining when I get the game. I have no idea when Sports Illustrated will send it, though.  icon_neutral
Logged
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on August 27, 2009, 01:46:51 PM

So, I took the Chargers, being the best team that hadn't already played a game.  I beat the Raiders, 7-6, despite throwing 4(!) picks.  I had been playing offline with "my skill" which apparently was a lot easier than All-Pro.  Looks like I have some practicing to do.  Also, it looks like the franchise plays a tick or two faster than the default offline mode.  I haven't poked around the interface too much yet, so I will take a look at that, and the website.  Looks like I gots some practicing to do.

Fuzzyslug, you and me are up.  I'm not working this week, so it will be easy for me to schedule a game.  Next week I am probably working again, and will have a hard time playing at all during weekdays.

Great! I was afraid you weren't going to join the league. I believe the default offline speed is set to slow, while the online games are set to normal or fast. Last I heard they changed it so ranked online games were changed to slow, but the franchise speed stayed the same.

I don't believe fuzzyslug is a member of the forums, so you'll have to send him a message on Live.

Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2009, 02:12:43 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on August 27, 2009, 02:07:49 PM

I might be interested in joining when I get the game. I have no idea when Sports Illustrated will send it, though.  icon_neutral

Yeah, I did the deal with them, and couldn't wait any longer, so I ran out to Target and picked it up. I'll have to sell the game once I actually get it through the mail.
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on August 27, 2009, 02:07:49 PM

I might be interested in joining when I get the game. I have no idea when Sports Illustrated will send it, though.  icon_neutral
I saw something on operation sports that they were mailing them out this week. If this is actually true or not I have no clue. slywink
Logged
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2784


RRoD FTL! F MS!


View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2009, 03:11:36 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on August 27, 2009, 02:12:00 PM

Great! I was afraid you weren't going to join the league. I believe the default offline speed is set to slow, while the online games are set to normal or fast. Last I heard they changed it so ranked online games were changed to slow, but the franchise speed stayed the same.

I don't believe fuzzyslug is a member of the forums, so you'll have to send him a message on Live.



Is there any way to check?  I'd like to play a few practice games at the same settings as the online games we're playing.
Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
denoginizer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6538


View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »

Online franchise games against a human are set to slow.  Online franchise games against the AI are still set to normal until the next patch.
Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »

I set myself to ready. I'm itching to play my next game!  thumbsup
Logged
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on August 28, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

I set myself to ready. I'm itching to play my next game!  thumbsup

 mad

fuzzyslug finished his game yesterday and beat the Chiefs 21-14, so we're ready to advance to week 2. I checked the website thinking I could advance the week from there, but it doesn't look like I can.

I'll be getting home around 5:30 EST, and I'll make sure to advance the week then, and send out a message to everyone to get Week 2 started.
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on August 28, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

I set myself to ready. I'm itching to play my next game!  thumbsup

Let me know when you will be around. I could conceivably play our game tonight, maybe tomorrow evening/night or most anytime on Sunday.
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »

Tonight after 10PM  I'm good. Maybe a bit earlier depending on when everyone goes to sleep. Tomorrow I probably won't be around much I'm not sure. Sunday afternoon I should be around.
Logged
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8700


Eat lightsaber, jerks!


View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2009, 05:54:23 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on August 28, 2009, 05:03:05 PM

Tonight after 10PM  I'm good. Maybe a bit earlier depending on when everyone goes to sleep. Tomorrow I probably won't be around much I'm not sure. Sunday afternoon I should be around.

Sorry, which timezone? I am Eastern.
Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »

Same here. I'm in Jersey.
Logged
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2009, 07:05:48 PM »

It looks like there are three head-to-head matches this week. Captain Caveman and the Panthers take on jblank and the Falcons. Dcurse and the Patriots will take on gellar's Jets. And finally, fuzzyslug's Ravens will play against IkeV and the Chargers.
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Octavious230
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 839


View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2009, 07:13:09 PM »

Dallas and the Giants is head to head as well.
Logged
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1796



View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »

Quote from: Octavious230 on August 28, 2009, 07:13:09 PM

Dallas and the Giants is head to head as well.

Damn it. I didn't scroll down far enough when I was looking at the schedule.  icon_smile
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Captain Caveman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1339


View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »

hey jblank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8bg_jxWFgA

 icon_wink
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.181 seconds with 104 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.063s, 2q)