http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 09:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (360) Forza Sundays - 2010  (Read 2655 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2009, 11:05:54 PM »

Planning another Sunday of Forza 3.  Had a lot of fun the last two weekends and hoping to get more people this time.

Try to have at least one car ready to go for each rank F-S as well as a drifter for A.  it's fine if you don't since you can use the stock cars, but always better if it's something you've tuned!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 02:47:36 PM by Harkonis » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »

I'll do my best to make it. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:51:27 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 16, 2009, 11:47:48 PM

I'll do my best to make it. 
sure ya will Ike Jr slywink
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »

Loving this game. I'll be there.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »

I'll try to make it. This Sunday shoud be good for me.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »

I should be there Sunday. If you see me online with FM3 prior to then I'll be setting up, tuning and testing, plus trying to get in some drifting practice icon_frown, so I probably won't be doing any MP racing before Sunday.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »

What should I concentrate making (other than an F through S car)? I'm probably going to go out tomorrow and buy the wheel because of you people. Bad, bad GT!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »

I'm going to try and make this Sunday.

gellar
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »

Woot! It's SUNDAY!

edit: think I'm just going to give up on Forza Sundays at this point.  After having multiple people quit playing with me because they can't compete with me (you guys are completely missing the point btw) and having people get shitty with me when I tell them to try not to hit other cars in turns I just don't have it in me to organize anymore.  I understand that shit happens and not everyone can maintain a perfect line in every race, but I would expect people to try to make it a good experience for everyone involved.  Nobody likes to be wrecked out due to someone not paying attention.

I've done my best to try to acomodate people of all skill levels in both this and CoD and it just seems that people can't deal with the ups and downs of multiplayer sometimes. 

it gets kinda frustrating always being the one organizing things and I really wish once in awhile someone else would grab the bull by the horns and take charge.  I can be in a full room of 6 playing MW2, I take a 10 minute break and come back and the other 5 people are all still playing MW2 but are all in different matches.  It's really not that hard to play together people!

I also get sick of the passive aggressive behavior of people just marking themselves as invisisble when they are upset at me.  At least have the fucking balls to tell me why you're mad at me and how you feel about it.  I've had people just pull me from the friends list with no word and others that just mark themselves as invisible if they don't want to play the game we are playing.  Stop being fucking pussies, really.  We're all adults here and you can play whatever the hell you want to, but have the decency to communicate with the other people.  If you never respond to any msgs or constantly mark yourself invisible, I just don't have room on my friends list for you anymore.  My tolerance is pretty much shot at this point. It's called a Friends List, not the 'people I occasionally tolerate and play games with' list and I'm going to start using it as such. MW2 has devolved into a constant 'lag is bullshit, I hit that guys with a million rounds, I suck, he sucks, you suck' and it brings me down and takes my will to play away.  I took my headset off the other night and proceded to go from 0-7 to 20-9 just by ignoring my teammates and not counting on them to do anything and that's not how the game should be, especially not with friends on the team.  Forza has devolved into a 'I can't beat Hark so why play' except for a few who either have fun trying to beat each other and their own times (which is a great way to get better) or Kato who has decided to give me a run for my money on the leaderboards.  There are at least 5 people who have raced me that give me a run for my money each and every time, I just wish they played more often.

/rant over

a few of you guys have been real troopers in one or both games and I salute you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:22:32 PM by Harkonis » Logged
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »

i would like to play Forza again sometime. I had fun the time we played. I promise I won't be a pussy smile
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:47 AM »

Wow... here I was thinking of asking for the Gamertags of people who are still playing this...

gellar
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »

Well I think it'd help if you wouldn't take someone not accepting every invite as a slight to your honor.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »

Last Sunday I logged on during the day and no one was playing. I switched over to MW2, joined a party and by the time people had logged in for Forza I was well into playing MW2 and didn't feel like switching back.

I don't mind racing once in a while, but I can only handle so much of getting annihilated every race. I understand the point isn't solely to win and I'm TRYING to get better... but you can't tell me you would continually play a game in which you're getting pummeled? I still like to race, even though I'm probably one of the worst in the GT crew.

Annnnd I'm probably the one specified when referring to "people crashing into others" or whatever, but it really isn't intentional. You guys have your set views of "I'm on my line, get the hell out of my way if I am" and with this being the first racing game I've played since Jet Moto for the PS I'm worse than a little rusty in those concepts.

Either way, I'll try to log on for a bit this Sunday for some more lessons in racing.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 12:01:52 AM »

They need a mode that has no collisions, but that blares some really annoying sound effects if you bump into someone so that no-contact racing will still be encouraged.  There's no way this idea could backfire.
BEEFHAMMA
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 01:57:47 AM »

"He didn't hit ya, he didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya. He rubbed ya. And rubbin' son, is racin'"

I'm not here to stir the pot, I had a lot of fun playing with this crew the other night...even if there were only 3 of us. But I'm interested in real racing, and in real racing, there's a little contact. What there isn't is a blatant disregard for other racers. I don't think the races for this crew should be all about winning. I think what the goal should be is to get a big group together of varying skill levels, and I think it would be most fun if we had at least a couple people involved within each skill level. That way, sure each person would be interested in winning, but there could also be competition between those at the lower skill levels, just as there are between those at the top. Much like in a Formula 1 race...there are battles going on all around the track. A guy in 12th is trying to pass the guy in 11th. The guy in 19th is trying to get to 18th. It's not just everyone trying to get 1st place. But I'm not going to be having fun if I'm expected to let someone pass me, unless they've successfully outbraked me at a corner. That's just me. I want to race. I want the person behind me to have to pass me. And on the flip side, I don't want the person in front of me to give way. I want to be able to pass that person. And if I can't, I don't pass him. Plain and simple.

A good example of this was the other night, we raced the Mugello track. Hark was in 1st, CPU in 2nd, and I in 3rd. Hark was well ahead, and I was left to battle with the CPU. I tracked him for at least 2 laps, finally with a clear chance to outbrake him, I took it and successfully passed him, and ended up catching up to Hark later on. That's racing. That's fun. I'm down for that any time and I don't mind helping to set it up. Anybody that wants to race, hit me up on XBL (or here, but i'm more likely to get a message first on XBL).

That said...I will play by whatever rules anybody wants to.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:59:54 AM by BEEFHAMMA » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »

I don't ever want someone to pull over or slow down to let someone past.  What I do want is for someone to respect a line and realize that when there are two people side by side in a turn you have to stick to either inside or outside.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 24, 2010, 08:31:27 PM

I don't ever want someone to pull over or slow down to let someone past.  What I do want is for someone to respect a line and realize that when there are two people side by side in a turn you have to stick to either inside or outside.

As Dale Jr would say, "sometimes you just run out of talent"  slywink

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 24, 2010, 08:31:27 PM

Some of us playing with the gamepad don't have the skill and finesse to stick to the inside or outside even if we intend to. My last MP racing was a long time ago and I got negative feedback for bumping. I'll stick with racing against the AI.

I miss Midtown Madness 3.  icon_evil

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »

a wheel is well worth it if you enjoy racing games.  can even fit right in your lap with no extra room taken up. slywink
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »

Hark, I gave up on multiplayer in Forza 2 for similar reasons. People got whiny every time I was in game because, as far as I can tell, I was winning too much. Sorry guys. I didn't meant to actually play the game. Next time I'll fire it up and do doughnuts at the starting line so everyone else can win. You know, because that's so much awesome fun for me.

It got as far as someone making a joke on a podcast about nobody wanting to play with me anymore, only it didn't sound so much like a joke to me when I heard it.

I eventually just quit. It sort of soured me on the whole game, and I never even finished the singleplayer or got done finding my favorite cars for each class.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

It's funny you guys complain about being too good, because the last few times I've tried Forza 3 multiplayer (haven't been able to be available for GT/GWJ Forza events unfortunately frown) I've been regularly vote-kicked out of lobbies for not being good enough.

I guess it doesn't matter that I race clean, respect competitors' lines, and allow clearly better racers to pass me without incident: having to wait that 30 seconds after the guy finishes in first place so I can get a DNF (without me bitching about it at all; I just enjoy competing and learning from seeing what the better drivers do) is just too damn frustrating. "Farscry's a noob, kick his ass." <votekick passes>

Fuck the Forza 3 online community. I'll stick with single-player. And they wonder where the online playerbase disappears off to.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 05:25:58 PM »

I always made sure to have the timer at least 1:30 and usually 2:00 so the slower people still got money.  The game really dropped the ball on playing with strangers though since you can't really host your own room with your own settings and just open it up.  That would allow more noob friendly settings along with lobby moderation ability.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »

I really don't mind the 30-second default timer though; hey, it's no biggie, I'm racing multiplayer for the competition and to catch some pointers, not to earn money. smile So if it helps the faster guys to not have to wait several minutes (or 40 seconds, as most of the time I was only 10-15 seconds short of the finish when the timer ran out) for me, no big deal.

It's the "oh, kick that guy out, he's not good enough to race with us" that's been pissing me off. Hell, in one lobby, the reason I was falling so far behind was because of jackholes using me as their bumper car to get back onto the track from other collisions, and they kicked me for being too slow even though I wasn't seeking revenge.

Grrr.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »

Sometimes playing on Live makes me sad for humanity. Glitchers, cheaters, griefers, boosters, people who don't understand the concept of playing a straight competitive game.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

So, am I the only one having a hard time coping that Hark also likes to grab a wheel and take a spin instead of a gun and have a crackshot?

I feel like reality's been flipped around...

Or maybe Hark -has- a gun stashed inside his car....hmmmm...

eek

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »

I would love a game that allowed me to do both. Give me an I76 clone with multiplayer on 360 with Forza physics please!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 14, 2010, 08:07:01 PM

I would love a game that allowed me to do both. Give me an I76 clone with multiplayer on 360 with Forza physics please!

I want that, but also with city traffic like in GTA that you have to dodge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: