http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:02:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Call of Duty 4, Let's get it on!  (Read 6888 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 10, 2007, 05:24:43 PM

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2007, 12:20:16 PM

ACOG?

And I don't think I've unlocked the M4.  The best weapon I have is the AK.

Oh and in other news, is there online stat tracking like teh haloz?

ACOG is the final scope attachment for most guns

M4 is the next assault rifle after the AK

and no website with stats-tracking...that is the one major 'flaw' of CoD 4, I really wish they had a site

I really wish they did man, as well as a leaderboard for PC. I have only played MP for one day and I am doing really, really well, and perhaps I have had so much of ATB and Halo 3 that it has influenced me-but I actually would kinda like the breakdown and more detailed numbers.

Yeah, the ACOG is the real scope for your rifles-I dont recommend it for anything other than the largest maps and the M16. The M4 needs the red dot (or really, if you are good, you can get away with silencer or nade launcher and still hit things). I don't use the AK-I hate it with a deep passion, but I am working towards my G6 unlock now.

For SMGs, I find a red-dot Mp5 the best of all the early weapons, but here is a tip for you-if you can pick up a P90-for the love of god DO IT. It is an absolutely devastating gun. 50 round clip, accurate, nasty, cuts through wood, and does massive damage.

Lets talk perks-KePoW, what have you settled on for now?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »

I dislike the p90 a lot.  I hit a lot with it but it seems to do weak damage per shot.  Even though it fires really fast, I prefer more stopping power per round and shorter bursts.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:29 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 10, 2007, 07:54:43 PM

For SMGs, I find a red-dot Mp5 the best of all the early weapons, but here is a tip for you-if you can pick up a P90-for the love of god DO IT. It is an absolutely devastating gun. 50 round clip, accurate, nasty, cuts through wood, and does massive damage.

Lets talk perks-KePoW, what have you settled on for now?

first, on the P90 discussion... I'm going to have to take Calvin's side on this, the P90 is crazy good.  especially if you are good at aiming around the head area, it spams so fast you are bound to get headshots with it.  I have a group of friends I play with when GT/OO people aren't on, and the couple of guys who are high enough to have the P90 both swear by it...and looking at their K/D ratios every game, I can certainly see the end results of how they do with it

as for Perks...well I'm actually not that great of a console FPS player, I would classify myself as average to slightly above average (PC is different, I started using M+KB way back in Doom 2).  so because of that, in CoD 4 I'm a "Noob Tube" grenade launcher whore.  easy to get multiple kills with it of course, and it pisses enemies off big time lol.  I use Sonic Boom and Martyrdom with it, on the AK (that's my preferred assault rifle out of the ones I've unlocked, unless I'm working on specific Challenges).  to be perfectly honest, the grenade launcher is pretty cheap and lame sometimes haha...but hey, it's in the game so I'm going to use it

but it DOES have its disadvantages, main one being that it causes you to take unnecessary risks a lot of times.  like for example, I see a group of 3 enemies huddled up around a corner...well I'm going to pop around and try to blow them all up, lol.  whereas if you didn't have the grenade launcher, you wouldn't expose yourself of course since that situation would be suicide usually.  so I definitely die a lot more with it

<edit> for my Sniping class, I really like the R700 with Claymores, Stopping Power, and Iron Lungs.  with Stopping Power on the R700, I'd say I kill in 1 shot like 75% of the time
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:26:01 PM by KePoW » Logged
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »

I really wish they did man, as well as a leaderboard for PC. I have only played MP for one day and I am doing really, really well, and perhaps I have had so much of ATB and Halo 3 that it has influenced me-but I actually would kinda like the breakdown and more detailed numbers.

Yeah. But I do like that you can see most of your own stats on the leaderboards. Bungie.net it's not, but it's still something better than what most games have.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2007, 11:20:27 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2007, 10:20:16 PM

Yeah. But I do like that you can see most of your own stats on the leaderboards. Bungie.net it's not, but it's still something better than what most games have.
No PC leaderboards-just another way us PCers are getting screwed lately. But I am so, so much better with my mouse I cannot even tell you so I don't think I am going to switch. Might rent the 360 version to see how I do online, but other than leaderboards the PC version is working great-I just am really bummed we cant get leaderboards-other games do it to some extent. (UT3, etc). Hell they could have just run the game through the GFW servers.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2007, 11:21:46 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 10, 2007, 08:31:49 PM

I dislike the p90 a lot.  I hit a lot with it but it seems to do weak damage per shot.  Even though it fires really fast, I prefer more stopping power per round and shorter bursts.

Never experienced that at all. If anything, I think its stronger, but to each his own. All I know is that almost all the level 50+ guys I see use the P90 unless they are unlocking other stuff (which has been my task for the day and god its been slow-I havent even cracked shotguns, LMG, and I dislike the sniper rifles with a passion).
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 02:16:20 AM »

What's the best way to meet up with you guys online?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 05:11:01 PM »

The MP is finally clicking. I've bumped my K/D from .75 up over 1.  Now I'm ranked 8 and am falling in love with this game.

The tips from the other thread were key especially the one about not running and gunning.

What what!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »

Questions:

1. I have unlocked the M4. Is it more powerful than the AK47? I seem to be dropping chumps quick with the AK.

2.  As you progress in the challenges/ranks do the weapons get more powerful?  Seems fools die faster since I put the dot site on it or have ranked up.

3. As you progress in the challenges/ranks do you get less ammo?  I now start out with only 60 rounds in the AK.  That's enough to kill 30 suckas, but that's not that many rounds.

4.  If you have 2 kills in a match and then go on a tear and get 5 more, can you do the UAV, Strike and Helicopter back to back to back or do the first ones in the queue disappear?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 06:36:52 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 13, 2007, 05:45:30 PM

Questions:

1. I have unlocked the M4. Is it more powerful than the AK47? I seem to be dropping chumps quick with the AK.

2.  As you progress in the challenges/ranks do the weapons get more powerful?  Seems fools die faster since I put the dot site on it or have ranked up.

3. As you progress in the challenges/ranks do you get less ammo?  I now start out with only 60 rounds in the AK.  That's enough to kill 30 suckas, but that's not that many rounds.

4.  If you have 2 kills in a match and then go on a tear and get 5 more, can you do the UAV, Strike and Helicopter back to back to back or do the first ones in the queue disappear?

1. I think the M4 is more accurate and fires faster with less recoil.  It does less damage though.  Personal choice is the rule here, I prefer the AK

2. Generally the weapons are a bit more powerful overall as you go.  Sometimes it's due to damage, sometimes due to accuracy.  Some higher level weapons are just there for the thrill though and are actually harder to do well with than the noob weapons.

3. You always start with the same amount of ammo for a gun, unless you choose the Bandolier perk which gives you a total of 3x the extra ammo.  With the Bandolier you start with the 30 in the gun and 180 extra instead of 30 + 60 extra.  My favorite unlockable perk really.

4. Airstrike overwrites an unused UAV, Helicopter overwrites an unused Airstrike.  If you die while one of these is up, you keep it.  Not sure if a UAV on respawn overwrites an Airstrike or Heli though.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2007, 06:47:24 PM »

M4 is most definitely weaker per bullet than the AK

since I have sub-par aim with assault rifles, I prefer the AK

(btw you can see each gun's ratings/attributes in Create a Class)
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

Even though I have unlocked most of the weapons and kits, I still pretty much use the M16A4 (with the noob tube if I'm feeling frisky)

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:17 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 13, 2007, 09:17:59 PM

Even though I have unlocked most of the weapons and kits, I still pretty much use the M16A4 (with the noob tube if I'm feeling frisky)

I'm the ultimate NOOB TUBE whore
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 05:59:07 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 13, 2007, 11:03:17 PM

You noob tube suckers should be banned. I get the serious lolis when the only way a guy can score is noob tube. It doesn't do much for your virtual rep imo smile
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 06:53:25 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 14, 2007, 05:59:07 AM

You noob tube suckers should be banned

banned because do you truly think it's imbalanced?  I don't get that feeling, cause the vast majority of players don't seem to use it...and don't give me something about how it's cause people are honorable, haha.  you know if something was truly overpowered, tons of people would be using it
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 07:34:44 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 14, 2007, 06:53:25 AM

Quote from: Calvin on November 14, 2007, 05:59:07 AM

You noob tube suckers should be banned

banned because do you truly think it's imbalanced?  I don't get that feeling, cause the vast majority of players don't seem to use it...and don't give me something about how it's cause people are honorable, haha.  you know if something was truly overpowered, tons of people would be using it
No, I absolutely do not think its inbalanced, but I think a LOT of very mediocre players get by with 10ish kills a game (depending on game type, etc) just on random noob tube spam shots. You get them to actually shoot their gun and they are clueless. Kinda funny-but no, not imbalanced.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 14, 2007, 07:34:44 AM

I think a LOT of very mediocre players get by with 10ish kills a game (depending on game type, etc) just on random noob tube spam shots. You get them to actually shoot their gun and they are clueless. Kinda funny-but no, not imbalanced.

Played with Kepow last night and this seems to describe him to a T.   nod
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 01:29:12 PM »

Don't forget the three part combo of noob tube, sonic boom and martyrdom.  The perfect solution for the person who can't aim and knows they're gonna die slywink 

I kid, I kid... but no.... really.  ninja
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »

I... I have not yet purchased this game. Is it worth the cost of admission? I'm afraid of the forum effect moving on to another game.

Does this one have legs? Is it RSV good, or just Chromehounds?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 02:00:44 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 14, 2007, 01:59:57 PM

I... have not yet purchased this game. Is it... worth the cost of admission? I'm afraid of the forum effect moving on to another game.

Does this one have legs?

Oh. yeah.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 14, 2007, 02:00:44 PM

Quote from: Purge on November 14, 2007, 01:59:57 PM

I... have not yet purchased this game. Is it... worth the cost of admission? I'm afraid of the forum effect moving on to another game.

Does this one have legs?

Oh. yeah.

And she knoooows how to uuuuuuuse theeeem.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 04:52:58 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 14, 2007, 01:29:12 PM

Don't forget the three part combo of noob tube, sonic boom and martyrdom.  The perfect solution for the person who can't aim and knows they're gonna die slywink 

I kid, I kid... but no.... really.  ninja

nah, it's pretty much true.  I like run-and-gun, I can't stand to camp out or stalk people, it's just not my style of fps method at all...that's why I dislike Hardcore.  but as Calvin said, the grenade launcher is definitely not imbalanced so I'm not sure why people dislike getting killed by it only once in a while.  you certainly can't rack up a long kill streak with a Noob Tube kit.  however, in HQ and Domination it's kinda cheap

just know that my favorite MP FPS of all time is still Quake 3, then you'll understand what I mean hahha.  where's the strafe jumping in games these days?!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:56:39 PM by KePoW » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 07:35:42 PM »

Reposted from another forum just so my views can be heard slywink

Sorry to anyone who has had a game 'ruined' by playing with me frown

Originally Posted by tromik
In all honesty, if we're playing private hardcore with noobs, it's not gonna go well for them. They're going to be stuck using the pre-made classes, while Hark uses the M14 and the Barret to mow them down from a spot he's selected based on 70 hours of play time.

I think we should play regular TDM, let everyone get to level 4 at least, maybe get their 15 kills with theirt weapon of choice to get an RDS, and then maybe play some private hardcore.

I restarted at level 1, I don't have an m14 and a Barrett.

Also I don't really understand the concept of 'bullshit tactics'

High ground is key in any military confrontation. On top of that, the devs have made sure that every high point on every map has multiple angles of attack. Most of them also are big enough that if you don't want to expose yourself to a known sniper location, you can play completely on the other part of the map and never be a viable target.

I do concur that anyone that hasn't unlocked at least the create-a-class perk isn't going to have much fun in a private match. I'll also acknowledge that non-hardcore is probably best for a new player to learn since it teachers the radar and ammo and the like. I'll even agree with Skystride that airstrikes and helis might be a bit unbalanced in our private matches. I do however wish I could enable UAV without enabling the other two bonuses.

Furthermore I really don't understand the whole concept of quitting playing a game because someone's better than you. THAT is a bullshit tactic. The only reason I got so good at the games that I play is because I got my ass kicked repeatedly and decided I wasn't going to let it happen again. When I got R6, I hadn't played on a controller before and was pretty awful at the game. Papa Smurff and JarrodHK kicked the living shit out of me for the first couple months and I had had enough. I spent many long hours figuring out how to get better and what it was going to take and it paid off.

The better the quality of your opponents the better the learning opportunity for yourself. Even if you're getting gunned down repeatedly it's teaching you how to not let that happen.

I suppose some people don't want to put that much effort into getting better and would rather relax and play and that's just fine also. If that's the case, then simply say you'd prefer a more laid back evening and don't want to play the extreme modes. It shows far more tact than screaming 'that's bullshit' dropping the game, then inviting everyone that you can away from the game you were in. That sort of attitude is just plain rude and hurts feelings.

I don't play to be the best, I play to have fun and get better. I often am not at the top of the leaderboard and am occasionally am in complete last place. I still have fun, I don't leave the game and I try to help the team even when I'm frustrated.

sorry to rant, but the constant negativity that has been popping up in the game the last week has finally hit my last nerve. Everyone has their own preferences for game modes and there's more than enough people right now that we can compromise and rotate game modes or have separate parties for each mode. There's no need for the bullshit drama that's been rearing it's head.

BTW, Trom, please note this isn't directed at you at all, it's just your post that made me realize I wanted to air this. I'm surprised you had any issues at all playing with me since you're one of the people that often knocks me off the leader spot on the match list.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »

Meh. I'm never better than above average in a game.  I'm fine with that.  But- when I go into a match after match after match and find myself getting smoked up and down the block, the game becomes unfun- so, ala halo3, I take a break.

And there's always going to be a disparity between those who play the game ALL THE TIME to those of us- who if we're lucky- get to play an hour or so a day.  Then there's those guys who can only play on the weekends. Whatev. That's the way it is.

But I'm not interest in dedicating myself to anything gaming related so seriously.  It sucks when I get smoked. It's fine when I get a +1 or +2.  When I get -5s 5 or 8 matches in a row on back to back nights. Time for the brakes.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

Hark don't take this the wrong way because I enjoy playing games with you.....

The issue isn't that you are good....the issue IMO is the lack of variety....I know you enjoy hardcore in COD 4, but for some of us that mode isn't fun.  For example, last night I mentioned that I didn't like hardcore and maybe we could switch it up, and heard other agree with me.   After a few more matches of hardcore I was so bored with COD 4 that I switched games.  Now I am not saying I will never play hardcore, it just isn't a mode that I enjoy enough to continuously play it.  I think people dropped to play some other modes because several people were talking about switching modes and it never happened........

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:30:40 PM by papasmurff » Logged

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 09:44:01 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on November 15, 2007, 09:28:54 PM

The issue isn't that you are good....the issue IMO is the lack of variety....I know you enjoy hardcore in COD 4, but for some of us that mode isn't fun.  For example, last night I mentioned that I didn't like hardcore and maybe we could switch it up, and heard other agree with me.   After a few more matches of hardcore I was so bored with COD 4 that I switched games.  Now I am not saying I will never play hardcore, it just isn't a mode that I enjoy enough to continuously play it.  I think people dropped to play some other modes because several people were talking about switching modes and it never happened........

I wasn't playing the night this apparent incident occurred, so I don't know anything about it

but I will say that I agree with you on this topic in general 100% papasmurf...I've already said I don't like Hardcore at all, both in-game when we're partied up and on forums.  the one-shot one-kill shit is retarded in any MP FPS IMHO.  is it more realistic?  of course it is.  but I don't play games to be realistic lol...I like realistic *settings* like CoD, but not realistic gameplay.  but having said that, I'm like you where I can still play Hardcore some matches every now and then with friends no problem.  but I sure as hell don't want to play it all night or even close to all night.  max, 50% of the time, hopefully less lol
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on November 15, 2007, 09:44:01 PM

Quote from: papasmurff on November 15, 2007, 09:28:54 PM

I wasn't playing the night this apparent incident occurred, so I don't know anything about it

but I will say that I agree with you on this topic in general 100% papasmurf...I've already said I don't like Hardcore at all, both in-game when we're partied up and on forums.  the one-shot one-kill shit is retarded in any MP FPS IMHO.  is it more realistic?  of course it is.  but I don't play games to be realistic lol...I like realistic *settings* like CoD, but not realistic gameplay.  but having said that, I'm like you where I can still play Hardcore some matches every now and then with friends no problem.  but I sure as hell don't want to play it all night or even close to all night.  max, 50% of the time, hopefully less lol

Has "Hardcore" become the new "Zombies" gametype?   icon_wink

I actually don't have any problem playing with Harkonis and having my ass handed to me.  It makes killing him that much more satisfying.  But I also tire of certain game modes (like Headquarters, which is fun to play a few times, but it gets old for me pretty quickly).  Live ultimately determined that I had played enough with you guys the other night whether I actually had or not, and I went into another game instead of trying to get back in to Hark's game, and in his defense I've noticed a fair bit of variety in his game selections.  Mainly because we often go into a type I'm not familiar with and I inevitably ask Hark to explain the rules.  I wouldn't have to do that if we kept playing the same thing. 

Granted, I didn't come back to Hark's Hardcore House of Pain because I needed a break and also was doing rather well in the game I found myself in, but that is not a reflection of my enjoyment playing with Hark, just my own need to take a break and not offend anyone with any more profanity.  I can get pretty damn frustrated with this game, and all of my profanity and outbursts are not directed at anyone personally.  It just makes me feel better.  I really don't think that Harkonis is a goddamn, motherfucking son-of-a-bitch turd monkey, but it certainly makes me feel better to scream it out loud.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:59:26 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 10:21:11 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 15, 2007, 09:52:17 PM

I really don't think that Harkonis is a goddamn, motherfucking son-of-a-bitch turd monkey, but it certainly makes me feel better to scream it out loud.

Ok I LOL'ed on that but +1  I really don't mind losing.....I do mind getting my ass handed to me repeatedly on a mode I don't particularly like with no variety.....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »

Played me some CoD4 game yesterday when Purge visited.
Went out and purchased it today. It's just that damn good.

I run a few games usually from 10am to 2pm  and 12pm to 3am. East coast time.
If anybody is up for a group send me a message and we'll get rolling.

Caution: Martyrdom and Sonic Boom are my best friends.

Gonna eat your face
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 10:37:23 PM »

What is your gamertag?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: