http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 11:47:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360] Call of Duty 4, Let's get it on!  (Read 6865 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:24 PM »

I'll be off all week playing this game.  Hit me up whenever. 

I'm dissapointed that there is apparently no online split screen so my nephew has to sit out frown
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:07:37 PM »

I'll be on to play... once I get a copy... which hopefully will be tomorrow around noonish.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:36 PM »

I'm in for friday night for sure.

However, I'd like to go deep into the SP before crossing over on this one.

Does this make you the official host for this game?

Who pledge allegiance to you?

Who will pledge allegiance to Pedroroca?

I will align myself to might Harkonis at least until December!  Huzzah!
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:45:44 PM »

Picking my copy up tomorrow.   crybaby But I will be in Monterey with the ball and chain for our anniversary this weekend.  Booooooo!

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 02:29:38 AM »

Hope she never sees that message smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:27:30 AM »

I thought he was talking about Pete.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »

I should be on tonight after I pick mine up.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 05:30:22 PM »

IT IS MINE!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »

Jeez finally I have it.  Time to plaaaaaaaaaaaay  drool

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:02:43 PM »

I am now at the mercy of The US Postal Service.  Soon I too will be ready for war.   ninja

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 02:40:38 AM »

So yeah, I caved and bought a copy  icon_biggrin

Let's play!

XBL Gamertag: RoboSim

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 06:49:15 AM »

Sorry I didn't accept your friend request RoboSim.  Send it again, I had no idea who you were!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »

Hark you gonna have a game up Friday night?

I'm hoping to have finished the SP by then- even if not I'll be in.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 07, 2007, 01:32:13 PM

No, that's Halo night.  Just because you don't want to play it anymore until December doesn't mean others feel the same way.  ( icon_wink)

I would like to get in some MP action, but I'd feel guilty if I played something different on Friday night when there are a still a few Halo 3 players that won't be playing COD4, my wife included.

Why not Saturday night?  Then neither game has to go neglected.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 07, 2007, 03:24:32 PM

Quote from: ATB on November 07, 2007, 01:32:13 PM

No, that's Halo night.  Just because you don't want to play it anymore until December doesn't mean others feel the same way.  ( icon_wink)

I would like to get in some MP action, but I'd feel guilty if I played something different on Friday night when there are a still a few Halo 3 players that won't be playing COD4, my wife included.

Tongue

Whenever. Saturdays aren't the best for me but I'll see what I can put together.  And don't worry, Pedro, I'll be back into the Halo scene in Dec.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »

Since Halo is going back to Gamefly, I will be playing COD4 on Friday as well, however I won't make it any kind of official night to play since Pete already claimed Fri for his lame Halo game slywink  Hope the mail hurries so he can see how much he's wasting his time with it.  heh
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 07, 2007, 03:59:12 PM

Since Halo is going back to Gamefly, I will be playing COD4 on Friday as well, however I won't make it any kind of official night to play since Pete already claimed Fri for his lame Halo game slywink  Hope the mail hurries so he can see how much he's wasting his time with it.  heh

LIEZ! Halo MP is supreme.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 06:31:11 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 07, 2007, 04:12:56 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on November 07, 2007, 03:59:12 PM

LIEZ! Halo MP is supreme.

I have to take your opinion with a grain of salt after your views on R6... sorry  paranoid
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 11:33:16 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 07, 2007, 03:24:32 PM

Saturday is my birthday.  I will have obligations.  I am undecided whether to buy COD4 yet.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »

Am I the last guy on this forum who's holding out for a proper deal on this?

Yeesh.  I WILL BE STRONG.  Plus I have to beat Halo3 on Legendary still, I have to finish what I started.

Just Hiro will do.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on November 08, 2007, 12:01:10 AM

Yeesh.  I WILL BE STRONG.  Plus I have to beat Halo3 on Legendary still, I have to finish what I started.

You mean COD4 with COD3 for free isn't a proper deal?

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 08, 2007, 01:12:15 PM

I thought CC were being tools about it and not honoring that deal.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »

Quote from: spigot on November 08, 2007, 03:05:57 PM

Quote from: ATB on November 08, 2007, 01:12:15 PM

I thought CC were being tools about it and not honoring that deal.

Well in my case their computer glitched and even though I asked them three times to fix it, I walked out the door paying only $32.02 for both games.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »

Wow my first impressions of CoD4 multiplayer were not good.  All that comes from my suckiness at FPS games in general but in CoD4 it seemed like I'd spawn, look around then die.  Repeat this over and over and I was getting frustrated and pulling the team down (sorry Hark, papasmurf and jztemple  icon_evil ).  I think I played 4 or 5 matches in total and the number of kills I scored was 0 and my total deaths must have been near if not over 75.  This just isn't my kind of MP game I guess as there was no fun to be had for me at all.  At least in Halo I could amuse myself with by grabbing a vehicle or something but in CoD4 all I can do is peek around a corner and die or dash over to a bus and get shot by a sniper on the way etc.  I'm sure this game is top notch in the MP arena but really I don't see myself getting back into it after that disaster earlier today.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 09:38:37 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 08, 2007, 08:59:48 PM

Wow my first impressions of CoD4 multiplayer were not good.  All that comes from my suckiness at FPS games in general but in CoD4 it seemed like I'd spawn, look around then die.  Repeat this over and over and I was getting frustrated and pulling the team down (sorry Hark, papasmurf and jztemple  icon_evil ).  I think I played 4 or 5 matches in total and the number of kills I scored was 0 and my total deaths must have been near if not over 75.  This just isn't my kind of MP game I guess as there was no fun to be had for me at all.  At least in Halo I could amuse myself with by grabbing a vehicle or something but in CoD4 all I can do is peek around a corner and die or dash over to a bus and get shot by a sniper on the way etc.  I'm sure this game is top notch in the MP arena but really I don't see myself getting back into it after that disaster earlier today.

I think part of the reason why you have fun in Halo is that we all play with a party full of friends.  If you were playing with Hark, papa, and temple against random teams, I've run into some ridiculously good people out there in my Halo 3 MP travels, and you may have run into players that have been playing COD4 religiously since the moment it was released.  Perhaps some friendly MP in a custom game with friends would help?

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 09:42:47 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 08, 2007, 09:38:37 PM

I think part of the reason why you have fun in Halo is that we all play with a party full of friends.  If you were playing with Hark, papa, and temple against random teams, I've run into some ridiculously good people out there in my Halo 3 MP travels, and you may have run into players that have been playing COD4 religiously since the moment it was released.  Perhaps some friendly MP in a custom game with friends would help?

on the other side of that though, last night in our party of 8-9 all night, we won pretty much 75% of our matches against others I'd say.  sure, sometimes you'll run into a ridiculously good opposing team, but that's just part of playing MP.  as long as we're winning over half the time, that should be good for everyone =P
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »

I had no problem with your performance while we played Zin.  The game has a much steeper learning curve than Halo and the like and you really just need to find what type of gameplay is your 'thing'.  Some people are great if they are sniping and hidden, some are great on overwatch with a LMG and some are good at flanking with a SMG.  Not many average players can be good at more than one of these areas.  I'd suggest trying to find which type of gameplay you enjoy the most (not really which one you're best at though it could be the same) and then stick to it.  I'll have no problem with you playing on my team as you learn.  This game can be more satisfying than any when doing well (like my 36-2 run last night..  icon_cool thumbsup ) but it can also be the most frustrating game I've played (like my marvelous 2-18 run today where I felt like I couldn't even take a step before I died). 

We can also play some private matches once you get past level 4 (just so you have the create-a-class thing) and get you up to speed with just friends.  I'm all for this if you'd like to tonight.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 08, 2007, 10:49:04 PM

We can also play some private matches once you get past level 4 (just so you have the create-a-class thing) and get you up to speed with just friends.  I'm all for this if you'd like to tonight.

I'm actually interested in some "friends-only" action as well, as it is how I prefer to get my feet wet.  I first got comfortable with Halo 3 by playing in closed parties with friends and then eventually ventured out into matchmaking.  I think I'd like to do the same in COD4 to get familiar with the game since I've never played a single Call of Duty game before. 

Just not with you.  Otherwise I'll still wind up just spawing and dying over and over again.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 12:04:11 AM »

Hark, I've always been a close quarters kind of guy. Does that mean I'm hosed?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 01:05:39 AM »

Not at all ATB, there are equal amounts of CQB weapons as there are ranged.  Most maps have alternative routes you can take if you prefer it up close and personal.  Very few map and mode combinations mandate either ranged or CQB in a mutually exclusive manner.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 08:57:30 AM »

I'm sure to try it again once I calm down (which I am at the moment  icon_biggrin) but dang I don't like to be a target dummy with little chance to fight back.  I find it telling that given the choice of staying home and playing CoD4 or heading into work a couple of hours early to get a jump on my workload, I went to work.  Thanks for the kind words and support but expect if I'm in the game I'll be scoring 0-5 pts per match while the top dogs and even the medium tier peeps will be in the 70 to 120 range.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 04:46:51 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 09, 2007, 08:57:30 AM

I'm sure to try it again once I calm down (which I am at the moment  icon_biggrin) but dang I don't like to be a target dummy with little chance to fight back.  I find it telling that given the choice of staying home and playing CoD4 or heading into work a couple of hours early to get a jump on my workload, I went to work.  Thanks for the kind words and support but expect if I'm in the game I'll be scoring 0-5 pts per match while the top dogs and even the medium tier peeps will be in the 70 to 120 range.

I posted similar comments in the COD4 impressions thread.  I actually don't have much trouble with console shooters and I was ashamed of my inability to play COD4.  Last night while playing MP I could have stayed in a party with Harkonis and company, but I was so frustrated that not only did I leave MP, but I didn't even want to play SP, and because I was so unhappy I didn't even bother loading up anything else and instead went to bed.  I even woke up pissed off this morning because I had such a miserable time. 

I want to like this game, but either I'm missing something, or MP isn't really what it's cracked up to be.  It's not like I can't play shooters.  And yet so far I can't play this one.

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 09:02:21 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2007, 04:46:51 PM

I posted similar comments in the COD4 impressions thread.  I actually don't have much trouble with console shooters and I was ashamed of my inability to play COD4.  Last night while playing MP I could have stayed in a party with Harkonis and company, but I was so frustrated that not only did I leave MP, but I didn't even want to play SP, and because I was so unhappy I didn't even bother loading up anything else and instead went to bed.  I even woke up pissed off this morning because I had such a miserable time. 

I want to like this game, but either I'm missing something, or MP isn't really what it's cracked up to be.  It's not like I can't play shooters.  And yet so far I can't play this one.

Yep your initial post mirrored my experience exactly, well done expressing it.  I suppose there may be hope for improvement but since I work most nights I will have to rely on Sunday/Monday nights go join up with the cool kids at GT/OO for some fun(?).  I hope the game clicks with you soon and someday maybe for me too.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 09:10:13 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 09, 2007, 09:02:21 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2007, 04:46:51 PM

Yep your initial post mirrored my experience exactly, well done expressing it.  I suppose there may be hope for improvement but since I work most nights I will have to rely on Sunday/Monday nights go join up with the cool kids at GT/OO for some fun(?).  I hope the game clicks with you soon and someday maybe for me too.

You should really read through all of the responses following my post.  The community has come back with some fantastic advice and they've all helped me to get excited about the game again and have also given me a feeling of hope that my struggles won't last forever.  The learning curve is steep, but once you get to the top it looks like it will be worth the climb.  Don't give up yet. 

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 10:52:57 PM »

I just received this in the mail today from GF I'll be on all night ready to be a target dummy. ninja
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 11:13:41 PM by pingwrx » Logged

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 05:56:04 AM »

Had some fun with Hark, Ike, Sparhawk and some other pretty cool guys.

I don't completely suck, but I wouldn't say I'm any good either.  Hopefully the dot site will help when I eventually get it.

Lots of disconnects though, and I decided to flirt with the SP for a bit. Now it's off to bed. Lots of yardwork tomorrow...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2007, 05:56:04 AM

Had some fun with Hark, Ike, Sparhawk and some other pretty cool guys.

I don't completely suck, but I wouldn't say I'm any good either.  Hopefully the dot site will help when I eventually get it.

Lots of disconnects though, and I decided to flirt with the SP for a bit. Now it's off to bed. Lots of yardwork tomorrow...

The dot site is really excellent, although for some reason I am pretty positive it lowers your range or accuracy stat a tad (although it says its the same). Really, with the M4 its all you need. With the M16 I recommend heading for the ACOG if you are going to use it effectively. The three shot burst is simply too slow on 32 person maps (does the 360 have 32 person maps, I honestly forget, I am pc only right now for MP).
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 09:22:58 AM »

360 version is 18-players max
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 10, 2007, 06:23:43 AM

The dot site is really excellent, although for some reason I am pretty positive it lowers your range or accuracy stat a tad (although it says its the same). Really, with the M4 its all you need. With the M16 I recommend heading for the ACOG if you are going to use it effectively. The three shot burst is simply too slow on 32 person maps (does the 360 have 32 person maps, I honestly forget, I am pc only right now for MP).

ACOG?

And I don't think I've unlocked the M4.  The best weapon I have is the AK.

Oh and in other news, is there online stat tracking like teh haloz?
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 10, 2007, 12:20:16 PM

ACOG?

And I don't think I've unlocked the M4.  The best weapon I have is the AK.

Oh and in other news, is there online stat tracking like teh haloz?

ACOG is the final scope attachment for most guns

M4 is the next assault rifle after the AK

and no website with stats-tracking...that is the one major 'flaw' of CoD 4, I really wish they had a site
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: