http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 04:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [12/7/07] The Geezers Gone Wild Reunion Tour...  (Read 4651 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2007, 05:25:10 PM »

Pete, I didn't get the idea that ATB was trying to insult you there, he was trying to poke fun at the way things went down.  I'm rarely on ATB's side of anything, but I don't think he intended it to be malicious.  Can't speak for any H3 shenanigans though.

I've always referred to the act of quitting abruptly as 'Fuzz'n' though, but I suppose the difference is whether you cuss up a storm or just vanish. slywink

It didn't slow us down very much at all Pete so don't worry about it, just took a few moments to figure out if you had left on purpose or been dumped since the game dumps so often.  Hurt my tender little feelings that ya didn't say goodbye though.  ninja
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on December 08, 2007, 04:59:00 PM

I came on late, hoping for some Halo 3, but everyone was playing CoD4, so I did that.

Was pretty fun, we ended up splitting between into two groups.  The group I was in (ATB and Fuzzyslug, couldn't invite more as we didn't have anyone on the friends list) ended up going up against a clan, and we ended up giving them a good game.

And I managed to claw my way back up to the top of my leaderboard in Accuracy.  Had 18.9% but then I played with the mini-uzi.  now I'm down to 18.87 or something like that. HA.

You can always invite anyone on your recently played list or your Friend's Friends list thanks to the new patch.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 05:32:18 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 08, 2007, 05:25:10 PM

Pete, I didn't get the idea that ATB was trying to insult you there, he was trying to poke fun at the way things went down.  I'm rarely on ATB's side of anything, but I don't think he intended it to be malicious.  Can't speak for any H3 shenanigans though.

Perhaps not.  But it is sometimes difficult to tell.

If I have been out of line, then I apologize.  My patience has been wearing thin lately.  And sometimes ATB needs to be aware of his comments and realize that in his own mind they may sound in jest, but they aren't always received that way.  I may call you a goddamn motherfucking son-of-a-bitch turd monkey, but you can usually tell when it's meant to be malicious or in jest (it is usually in jest, but sometimes........ icon_wink).  Telling my wife she sucks at Halo 3 and that she's going to bring down a team or mocking my temper and my choice to leave quietly rather than voice my frustration might be in jest, but I don't find it funny.

I've always referred to the act of quitting abruptly as 'Fuzz'n' though, but I suppose the difference is whether you cuss up a storm or just vanish. slywink

There are fine distinctions between "Fuzz'n" and "pulling a PeteRock".  It's all about the ninja stealth.  ninja2

It didn't slow us down very much at all Pete so don't worry about it, just took a few moments to figure out if you had left on purpose or been dumped since the game dumps so often.

On many occasions I hit 'start' and wait a moment, eyeing the "leave game" selection, but then get back into the action once I cool down.  Last night my heart wasn't in COD4 from the start, especially since Kato and I were ready to play Gears and no one showed up.  I am really starting to hate Groundwar because there are just too many people.  Dying five or six times in a matter of seconds isn't fun, no matter what your perspective.  And in Groundwar it's worse.  I would have preferred playing in a private match, but I understood the need to get Dogstar up to level 4 so he could unlock new weapons and perk customizations, but I just couldn't play anymore.  Not to mention my exhaustion from the day, Nala's recovery from surgery, and a complete lack of patience in that last game of Groundwar (I loathe the games with objectives that involve dying over and over and over and over and over again).

Hurt my tender little feelings that ya didn't say goodbye though.  ninja

You wouldn't have understood what I was saying anyway, because I had too many bullets rattling around in my mouth from being on the receiving end of numerous headshots.

Perhaps I just need a break from MP to get my head on straight and learn to relax a little more.  After all, it is just a game.  But then why oh why can't I stay away? 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:39:47 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 05:53:58 PM »

I also had no idea that my leaving to cool off would screw everyone else out of the game.  I didn't know that was going to happen, and if I had I would have struggled through to the end of the round and then made my goodbyes.  Hindsight and all that.  Yeah, it wasn't the best choice for me to make.  I acually just sat and stared at my dashboard for a number of minutes before finding something else to do, breathing in and out to manage my frustration.  Sometimes COD4 is brilliant.  And sometimes it makes me want to kill kittens. 

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 06:31:53 PM »

18 people is really too many for most all the maps they have in COD4.  With 9 on a team it allows one side that knows a map very well to lock down the other team fairly easily.  With 6 people to a team is much harder to control access on a map.

It is frustrating to want to play with all friends, but know that ground war is not going to be particularly enjoyable.  I really wish that they would split a strictly team death match mode for ground war, and the same for hardcore.  I don't mind the hardcore death match too much, but the search and destroy gets really old.

It also depends on who we are playing and who is playing together.  Some groups mesh very well and playing games with them is a real blast, win or lose (winning preferred of course).  Other groups... you can just feel that something is missing.

Anytime you want to hook up and do some matches, private or ranked, just send me an invite Pete.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 07:50:59 PM »

Edited and taken to PM.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:54:30 PM by ATB » Logged
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:38 PM »

I'm down for some GoW ANYTIME.

Just Hiro will do.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 10:43:42 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on December 08, 2007, 10:38:38 PM

I'm down for some GoW ANYTIME.

Kato and I are always willing to have a game, msteelers downloaded the new maps last night, and with you that'll at least give us two on two.  Interested in playing today (Saturday)?  If not, when's good for you?  I'd love to get a game together.  Kato and I played one on one for a bit and laughed our asses off last night.  But it's no substitute for team battles.

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 12:20:35 AM »

If I'm on at all tonight it'll be really late (11pm EST). 

The best time would be during the sexy Friday-Saturday hours after I put the kid to bed (around 10:30 EST).  Otherwise it's pretty spotty.

Just Hiro will do.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 12:22:02 AM »

halo 3 misses you pete! now that i returned cod to the rental place i am playing again - send me an invite if you ever want to play!

also i will go out of my way to try and pick up a copy of gears in the next few weeks, as strangely enough its a game i absolutely love (multi and single player) which i just never picked up
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 01:56:20 AM »

Hopefully we can get at least (realistically) 4 people for gears next time.  2 vs 2 or us GT folk against the masses.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2007, 05:40:39 AM »

Im up for GoW.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 04:03:29 PM »

Thanks for the invite last night Pete, that was fun.  I've never played domination before and I must say that was my favorite game type I've played so far.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 11, 2007, 04:03:29 PM

Thanks for the invite last night Pete, that was fun.  I've never played domination before and I must say that was my favorite game type I've played so far.

It will not, however, be a boon to your K/D ratio...  Tongue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 11, 2007, 04:16:25 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on December 11, 2007, 04:03:29 PM

It will not, however, be a boon to your K/D ratio...  Tongue

I dunno, one of the domination games I went 24-10.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »

Domination tends to depend on your play-style and whether or not your team can get and hold 2 points for the majority of the match.  I can defend and get a good K/d ratio going without too much trouble.  Trying to push for a point can be painful, but usually if you are getting murdered over and over at a point, go around it, or approach it differently, or wait for a couple of people to back you up.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2007, 06:47:28 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on December 11, 2007, 05:15:25 PM

Domination tends to depend on your play-style and whether or not your team can get and hold 2 points for the majority of the match.  I can defend and get a good K/d ratio going without too much trouble.  Trying to push for a point can be painful, but usually if you are getting murdered over and over at a point, go around it, or approach it differently, or wait for a couple of people to back you up.

or switch modes slywink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: