http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 07:40:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [12/7/07] The Geezers Gone Wild Reunion Tour...  (Read 4643 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007, 06:23:41 PM »

Hey, if Cher, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zepplin, and The Police can do it and actually have fans still alive to attend, then so can we.

It feels like I haven't had an opportunity to play with the usual suspects for a little while (traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday, prepping for our Rock Band party this past Friday night), and I'm ready to get some drinking.....I mean gaming in this Friday night.  However, I'm not exactly sure which game we should play.

The last time we played Halo 3 I just didn't feel like my heart was in it.  After experiencing a more involved, better implemented, more engaging MP game in COD4, Halo 3 just felt lacking.  I know, complete blasphemy, but the feeling was there nonetheless.

Unfortunately, many either have not yet picked up COD4, and still more have sold/traded/given away older games such as Gears of War or Rainbow Six: Vegas, so our options may be somewhat limited.

If we could get enough players, I would love to play Gears of War Friday night.  If at least six can play, three-on-three is quite competitive, and if we're able to find eight willing players, four-on-four is pure chainsawing glee.

I would still be willing to consider Halo 3 if we have enough players, but the last time we played we didn't really have enough to develop any fun private matches, but we had too many to play ranked matches.  And so we were left with journeying into the unwashed masses and it made for a few rather unpleasant and frustrating experiences.

Call of Duty 4 is the fallback if we don't have enough of a turnout for Gears of War or Halo 3, as there will almost certainly be people playing COD4.

Let me know what the consensus looks like and perhaps we can breathe new life into the Geezers Gone Wild series once again.  Or at least jumpstart it again with a defibrillator and more fiber in our diet. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:41:43 PM »

COD4.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 06:55:44 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 05, 2007, 06:41:43 PM

COD4.

I already knew that would be your vote.  You seem to put on your gaming blinders anytime the new hotnezz is released, focusing all of your attention on just one game until the game disc is close to catching on fire.  I need variety in my gaming.  I can't focus on just one game, which is what keeps me from leveling up at the breakneck pace some of you keep in games like Halo 3 or COD4, but without variety I would get burned out on a particular game that much sooner.

If there's no interest in anything else, I'll have no choice but to play COD4.  Not that it is a bad choice, but I keep hoping that there will be enough interest in Gears of War so that I can revisit my love of the grenade tag.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:02:24 PM »

I'd like either COD4 or R6.  I gave away my Gears of War because the game really just devolved into rolling around sticking grenades and trying to not get hit with a shotgun.  Host lag preference was huge in that game.

I'd prefer COD4 but am always up for R6 as well.  I returned my H3 though, I hated that game and just played to play with you guys smile
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:13:09 PM »

I'm down with R6, CoD4, Halo 3, and GoW.

My preferences roll to Halo 3 and GoW, because the only time I actually play those are when you dorks do.  I have this illusion that I'll watch film of you guys playing and improve my own skills (which vary from "extremely lucky" to "average" to "might play better if he eats the controller and tries to poop it out").

Just Hiro will do.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 11:05:18 PM »

COD4 and Halo3 are the games I still have in my possession at the moment.  Thinking about picking GRAW2 up again as I have heard they added in some interesting sounding co-op modes to the game.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 11:12:49 PM »

I am still looking at R6, Halo 3, and COD 4.  Although I could get my hands on a GoW for cheap....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 11:45:19 PM »

I'm down for either GOW or COD4.   ninja  perhaps even a little Graw 2 if you're feeling frisky.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 12:24:27 AM »

Kato: You still have it.  Damn... between you and guapo, and probably Yosarian... I think I've decided I'll pick up a used copy of this again.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »

My vote is probably COD4, H3, R6, Gears, in that order.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on December 05, 2007, 11:05:18 PM

COD4 and Halo3 are the games I still have in my possession at the moment. 
+1

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »

So sounds like COD4 is the unifying factor- How's 10 PM eastern?
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »

I'm actually hoping to get in a little retro MP gaming with Gears of War, and then we can move on to either Halo 3 or COD4.  Ever since Kato and a few others expressed interest in attempting to breathe new life into Gears of War I've been itching to get a game together.

Will Friday be the night the Gears of War loyal will be rewarded?  Hopefully.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 03:59:57 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 06, 2007, 03:58:14 PM

I'm actually hoping to get in a little retro MP gaming with Gears of War, and then we can move on to either Halo 3 or COD4.  Ever since Kato and a few others expressed interest in attempting to breathe new life into Gears of War I've been itching to get a game together.

Well, GoW limits us to 8 people. COD4...is it also 8? Hmm. I dunno.

I'm up for Gears too.  WHAT TIME?
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 06, 2007, 03:59:57 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 06, 2007, 03:58:14 PM

Well, GoW limits us to 8 people. COD4...is it also 8? Hmm. I dunno.

I'm up for Gears too.  WHAT TIME?

I can start as early as 6pm Mountain (8pm Eastern).  I usually kick off the Friday night Halo 3 festivities around 7pm because it's sometimes difficult to make it home from work any earlier, but this Friday I think I'll have had my fill much earlier.

How about Gears of War at 8pm Eastern and then we can move on to something else after a few frenetic rounds of chainsawing?  I know some will want to play Halo 3, but I'm hoping that distance will help my heart to grow fonder.  I might have overplayed Halo 3 a bit and need a break at least for a little while longer.  Although if COD4 pisses me off then Halo 3 it is.

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »

I have all of the above-mentioned games.  I doubt I'll get home that early on Friday, but if there's space, send me an invite whenever you see my name pop up.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 05:37:32 PM »

8pm is probably too early. I'll most likely be on around 10.

I will play GOW, but I'd really like to field a squad in ranked COD4.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 05:45:22 PM by ATB » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »

If we do private parties COD4 allows for up to 18 people.

9 is the limit if we do Ground War against others

6 is the limit for the majority of modes.

It would be possible to form 2 parties of 6 though and through private chat sync them up against each other in a specific gametype.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 05:50:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 06, 2007, 05:48:51 PM

If we do private parties COD4 allows for up to 18 people.

9 is the limit if we do Ground War against others

6 is the limit for the majority of modes.

It would be possible to form 2 parties of 6 though and through private chat sync them up against each other in a specific gametype.

I've never done ground war. Are the maps the same?  I think it would be bananas with 18 people rockin and rollin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »

I'll preface this all by saying I'm not a big fan of HQ, Sabotage or Domination, especially since they tend to completely fubar my kill/death ratio and my fun.

Ground War is 9v9 with a mix of Domination and Team Deathmatch on the larger maps.  18 people is a few too many for most of the maps included in my opinion.  It ends up being quite chaotic and you will die very fast in most situations.  I far prefer the 6v6 games.

I like to stick with Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy and the hardcore variants of those since they allow me to control my deaths much better.   I find that in the more objective based games I tend to focus on the objective and die a lot more than I kill since many times the objective is to get somewhere and stay there instead of to kill the opposition.

Of course if we do private matches we can make the game anything we want.  My current favorite for private is to have the hardcore health levels, turn off the air support and leave the HUD and radar active per normal.  This was quite fun.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »

Well last night was a total disaster  crybaby.

I had great momentum coming into the room with you guys only to get massacred in that Domination game -9 (I think everyone but Hark did).

Then we did Ground War Death Match on Downpour -6

Then I left in angst to try to regain my K/D losses and promptly went -5 in an FFA match

And the last attempt was some regular team death match -6.

Maybe I don't want to play with you guys after all.  retard crybaby crybaby

So I'm back down to 1.24.  disgust
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »

I ended the evening up .01 and now at 1.35

Accuracy on the other hand shot up to almost 19%

We got off to a bad start with that domination game.  I switched to just Team Deathmatch and private matches later and had much more fun.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 07, 2007, 02:31:33 PM

We got off to a bad start with that domination game.  I switched to just Team Deathmatch and private matches later and had much more fun.

Do private match kills and deaths count toward the total or no?
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 03:33:41 PM »

**Update on Friday Night Plans**

I forgot about having to drop Nala off for her spaying surgery this morning, and we're picking her up around 5:30pm.  Our vet is way out in Apache Junction, and so I probably won't even be home until 6 or later.  And so the night's festivities will most likely start around the usual 7pm Mountain start time (9pm Eastern)

I'd really like to start the night with Gears of War as I need a little break from COD4 after last night's exercise in frustration (although I ended the night by finishing in the top three in one of Harkonis's private matches).  Kato has said that he's "in", and if we can get one or two more people we can at least partner up and play on the same team against random opponents.  If we have a few more then we can stick with private matches, which in my opinion are way more fun.  My friend Snrub1 would love to play, but he usually doesn't come on until 9pm or so, and if we were to start something else I doubt we'd come back to Gears.   

After we tire of the chainsawing and grenade-tagging, then we can move on to something else.  If my wife is up for a game we'll probably move to Halo 3 so that she can play, but if she's caring for our puppy after her surgery and isn't interested in a game then I'll be able to play COD4.  The night's kind of up in the air depending on how Nala is doing. 

Kato, I expect your ass to be there.  Make sure you have your bottle of Bud Light at the ready so that we have no unnecessary delays. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 03:44:27 PM »

Gears of War it is.

There are gonna be some UGLAY matches until it clicks with us again.   nod slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 07, 2007, 02:32:33 PM

No, they don't help or hurt your stats or xp
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 07, 2007, 03:53:11 PM

Then they are USELESS!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 04:03:03 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 07, 2007, 03:53:51 PM

Then they are USELESS!

Never before has a quote from the South Park episode on Guitar Hero ever been more appropriate.

"I never knew it was all about the points." 

Private matches are fun.  Remember the days when you played games for fun?  Or are they dead to you now?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2007, 04:03:03 PM

Then they are USELESS!

Never before has a quote from the South Park episode on Guitar Hero ever been more appropriate.

Private matches are fun.  Remember the days when you played games for fun?  Or are they dead to you now?

You're gonna be dead to me tonight when I split your head open with the shotgun.

muahahaha.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 04:20:39 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 07, 2007, 04:17:54 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2007, 04:03:03 PM

Then they are USELESS!

You're gonna be dead to me tonight when I split your head open with the shotgun.

muahahaha.

That's okay.  In those rare instances you'll already have a grenade securely lodged in your abdomen so that I will still have my revenge from the grave. 

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2007, 03:33:41 PM

I forgot about having to drop Nala off for her spaying surgery this morning, and we're picking her up around 5:30pm.  Our vet is way out in Apache Junction, and so I probably won't even be home until 6 or later.  And so the night's festivities will most likely start around the usual 7pm Mountain start time (9pm Eastern)

I'd really like to start the night with Gears of War as I need a little break from COD4 after last night's exercise in frustration (although I ended the night by finishing in the top three in one of Harkonis's private matches).  Kato has said that he's "in", and if we can get one or two more people we can at least partner up and play on the same team against random opponents.  If we have a few more then we can stick with private matches, which in my opinion are way more fun.  My friend Snrub1 would love to play, but he usually doesn't come on until 9pm or so, and if we were to start something else I doubt we'd come back to Gears.   

After we tire of the chainsawing and grenade-tagging, then we can move on to something else.  If my wife is up for a game we'll probably move to Halo 3 so that she can play, but if she's caring for our puppy after her surgery and isn't interested in a game then I'll be able to play COD4.  The night's kind of up in the air depending on how Nala is doing. 

Kato, I expect your ass to be there.  Make sure you have your bottle of Bud Light at the ready so that we have no unnecessary delays. 

I'll be there.  Just don't be complaining when I actually "Sticky Grenande" you........yeah that's not gonna happen  icon_confused I'm going to have to settle on sawing you in half instead.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on December 07, 2007, 04:48:25 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2007, 03:33:41 PM

I'll be there.  Just don't be complaining when I actually "Sticky Grenande" you........yeah that's not gonna happen  icon_confused I'm going to have to settle on sawing you in half instead.

Such animosity and violence from everyone toward me.  What if we wind up on the same team?  Can I count on the same people desparate to do me bodily harm to fight alongside me against a common foe?   

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2007, 04:55:22 PM »

I wish I had GOW still just so Kato and I could hack the crap outta people again.

We don't get fooled again!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 10:01:40 PM »

I might be around tonight guys and would be interested in playing.  I have all the games mentioned except GRAW2.  I suck bad at Gears, the rest of them I'm just meh at.  LE08877 (0 is a zero).
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 07, 2007, 10:01:40 PM

I suck bad at Gears...

So does ATB, but he still plays.  If you haven't played with him before, his gamertag is SensuousLettuce and you'll know him on the battlefield when you see my chainsaw protruding from his face. 

I added you to my friends list just in case.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:41:12 PM by PeteRock » Logged

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 10:41:30 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2007, 10:31:34 PM

I suck bad at Gears...

So does ATB,  

Lying is a sin, Pete.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:48:23 PM by ATB » Logged
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 07, 2007, 10:41:30 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2007, 10:31:34 PM

I suck bad at Gears...

So does ATB,  

Lying is a sin, Pete.

Only if you believe in sins.   icon_wink

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »

PeteRock v.- To suddenly and abruptly quit a game with no notice to anyone in the room he's hosting to go play Orange Box because he can't handle getting worked over in a video game.

Sadly, Pete Rock pulled a PeteRock  and missed one of the most hilarious moments in video gaming history.  It involved a headset removed tirade by Fuzz that resulted in many of us changing our clan tag to FUZZ.

I don't know that I've ever laughed that hard at something video game related.

Remember, PETEROCKING kills!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 03:47:23 PM »

Quote from: ATB on December 08, 2007, 01:55:14 PM

PeteRock v.- To suddenly and abruptly quit a game with no notice to anyone in the room he's hosting to go play Orange Box because he can't handle getting worked over in a video game.

The plan was to start the night with Gears of War, which you never showed for to begin with, and Groundwar hasn't been fun since the beginning.  The game wasn't fun.  I had my fill for the night.  Don't like it?  Go back to watching TV. 

Some games allow for you to leave without disrupting the group.  That apparently isn't the case with COD4.  Next time I'll know not to host so that if I have my fill of ridiculous bullshit I can leave unnoticed and find something enjoyable to do. 

Sadly, Pete Rock pulled a PeteRock  and missed one of the most hilarious moments in video gaming history.  It involved a headset removed tirade by Fuzz that resulted in many of us changing our clan tag to FUZZ.

I don't know that I've ever laughed that hard at something video game related.

Remember, PETEROCKING kills!

You know what, you want to be obnoxious about it then don't fucking play with me.  My wife is still pretty pissed off that you openly insulted her in a MP Halo 3 game, and since then gaming with you hasn't been much fun.  Sometimes it isn't getting worked over that I can't handle, it's playing with gamers I've lost taste for. 

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »

I came on late, hoping for some Halo 3, but everyone was playing CoD4, so I did that.

Was pretty fun, we ended up splitting between into two groups.  The group I was in (ATB and Fuzzyslug, couldn't invite more as we didn't have anyone on the friends list) ended up going up against a clan, and we ended up giving them a good game.

And I managed to claw my way back up to the top of my leaderboard in Accuracy.  Had 18.9% but then I played with the mini-uzi.  now I'm down to 18.87 or something like that. HA.

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: