http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 11:47:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [11/9/07] Halo 3 Geezers Gone......um......Gone to COD4?  (Read 1407 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:19:51 PM »

Even though Kato was generous enough to send me his extra copy of COD4, I have no intentions of abandoning the loyal Halo 3 MP fans out there still hoping to continue playing.  Even though I will most likely receive COD4 today and will start playing the moment I get in the door after work, fear not.  I still plan to host our usual Halo 3 MP get-together this Friday.  There are still a few that are attempting to hold out on the current COD4 craze, a few not planning to pick it up at all, and a few that have already purchsed COD4 but still have interest in continuing to play Halo 3 MP as well, so I am hoping that there will still be at least some interest in playing tomorrow night.  I see no reason why there cannot be enough time in the week for both COD4 and Halo 3 to coexist in harmony. 

There will most likely be a number of people playing COD4 Friday night, but I am hoping that there will still be at least a handful interested in continuing our Friday night Halo 3 tradition.  And I actually think that COD4 might work somewhat in our favor by limiting the number of people trying to get into a game.  There have been a number of instances when we've completely filled a party and still had people unable to get in.  Plus, 16-person games have been a bit too chaotic for my taste.  I find that 12 or less really helps to keep games from being overwhelmed with chaos.  And so COD4 may help to alleviate how crowded Halo 3 can sometimes become.

I also can't leave my wife without anything to do Friday night.  She has also started to look forward to Friday Night Halo 3 MP as a scheduled, organized get-together, and she is worried that I am going to abandon Halo 3 (and her) and move over to COD4.  Of course not.  We have a lot of fun playing together, and I'd hate to disappoint her and any other Halo 3 fans out there. 

So, as usual, festivities will kick off around 7pm Arizona time, barring any more pet emergencies, of course (which is now the same as Mountain Time, so we are only 2 hours earlier than Eastern time and one hour later than Pacific). 

We're hoping for at least some interest, otherwise I'll have no choice but to play COD4 if no one wants to play Halo 3.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:01:20 PM »

My copy of haloz is on lock up or I'd be in.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:09:22 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 08, 2007, 05:01:20 PM

My copy of haloz is on lock up or I'd be in.

You're the one who put it there, so that isn't a viable excuse. 

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »

Didn't mean to ignore your invite last night, Pete.  Was in the middle of a COD4 mission, and when I finished, you all were in team slayer, so I assumed the party was full.

If you get enough interest on Friday, I'll be in for some Halo 3 goodness.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 07:58:05 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on November 08, 2007, 07:53:10 PM

Didn't mean to ignore your invite last night, Pete.  Was in the middle of a COD4 mission, and when I finished, you all were in team slayer, so I assumed the party was full.

If you get enough interest on Friday, I'll be in for some Halo 3 goodness.

No worries.  Doesn't hurt to see if anyone's willing to play, even if they're currently playing something else.  I understand wanting to play the new hotness, and I also don't want to assume all interest in Halo 3 has passed.  When we get an impromptu game of MP together we invite the usual suspects just in case they're interested.  If you're interested, then great.  If not, no worries. 

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

I finally got my Xbox back from MS.  Hopefully I can hook up with you guys for some Friday night Halo Fun!

IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:59:09 PM »

Count me in for probably.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »

ninja

Yes I will be there.  My wife has "allowed" me to play on our anniversary while in a Monterey, CA hotel room!!! What a gal!

But I need more budz litz......zzzzzzzz

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:40:53 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 08, 2007, 09:15:08 PM

ninja

Yes I will be there.  My wife has "allowed" me to play on our anniversary while in a Monterey, CA hotel room!!! What a gal!

But I need more budz litz......zzzzzzzz

Either she really enjoys listening to my drunken profanity-laden rambling, or you are simply going to owe her bigtime in the future.  Best of luck with that.

But we still look forward to seeing you, regardless of how detrimental it may be to your marriage.  You'll always have MoosNukle.   icon_wink

Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »

I'm down if I finish COD4 and we can do some team social matches.  I'd like to get that rank up a bit and knock out a couple more achievements.  smile

glyc

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »

Quote from: Glycerine on November 09, 2007, 01:17:41 PM

I'm down if I finish COD4 and we can do some team social matches.  I'd like to get that rank up a bit and knock out a couple more achievements.  smile

glyc

We've been doing that alot lately if we have the right number of people.  If we're going to play team slayer, anyway, then we go into social team slayer with 10 people in the party and play amongst ourselves.  We use custom games if we have too many people for social or if we want to play certain custom game types.  But I see no reason why we can't work on helping you level up while playing in social matches, as long as we have the right number of people in our party.  It's way more fun playing with our own group rather than having random people thrown in.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 05:35:36 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 08, 2007, 04:19:51 PM

So, as usual, festivities will kick off around 7pm Arizona time, barring any more pet emergencies, of course (which is now the same as Mountain Time, so we are only 2 hours earlier than Eastern time and one hour later than Pacific). 

So 9pm EST, 8pm CST, 7pm MST & AFUT (Arizona F***ed Up Time) and 6pm PST?

I'm up for that, but I may be 1/2hr later than that.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 09, 2007, 05:35:36 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on November 08, 2007, 04:19:51 PM

So 9pm EST, 8pm CST, 7pm MST & AFUT (Arizona F***ed Up Time) and 6pm PST?

I'm up for that, but I may be 1/2hr later than that.

Dude, all you other crazies change your clocks twice a year.  Just pick a damn time and stick to it.  We have one time.  That's it.  No falling forward or stumbling back or slipping sideways or whatever the hell you do.  We've always been Mountain Standard Time.  But when MST becomes MDT, we remain on MST, and that just happens to be the same as PDT.  We don't have any problems keeping track, as our time never changes.  The rest of you, on the other hand, continue to have problems with basic math.  But, if you were to pick a time and stick with it year-round, we wouldn't even need to have this conversation. 

Silly n00b.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

No, and it'd be sunny here at 6am, and dark by 4pm. Go team!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: