http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 10:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Alternate" guild or server or whatever  (Read 1627 times)
unbreakable
« on: November 29, 2004, 09:58:28 AM »

I started a horde character on Mountain zone, Bloodscalp server.  Why?  Several reasons-

Because sometimes the servers have to go down, and the East/Central server groups always gets taken down at the same time.  So if I want to keep playing, it has to be one of the Mountain/Pacific servers.

I wanted to have a horde character.  I would have checked out the LoA server, were it not for the above reason and not being on a PvP server (but mainly the former).  BTW, I *think* I was actually in LoA when I played EQ.  I cant remember, however; it was a long time ago, and Im trying to forget EQ  Tongue

-

So is anyone else interested in having a server away from home?
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 03:56:39 PM »

I've got an extra character (an "alt"? I'm still learning the lingo) on a separate server, just for when my main server (DoomHammer, MST) is down and I still want to play.  I can't remember which server, but it is in the Central time zone, since they tend to take down each side of the country separately.  All of my other characters are on the same server, so that they can mail items back and forth among themselves.  Most of them are Horde for the same reason -- it's like forming my own little guild, made entirely of me.

My alt is up to level 6, what does that say about the game's stability? slywink
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 01:06:16 AM »

I actually plan on dedicating more than just "downtime" to my Shaman.  This will basically be my 'change of pace' character, who I can use when I get tired of playing my main, or just want some variety.

Also, since it seems most people have went with Almost Heroes, their guild from another game, or gone their own way, it would be nice to get together; almost everyone here is using the Central server pool already, so this is actually a problem common to us all.

Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.  My shaman is getting good at leather, and will hopefully be able to make bags soon.  So let me know, it would be fun.
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 03:43:23 AM »

I did the same thing, except I went with Darkspear.  It's so empty that I've seen probably less than 20 players in 2 - 3 hours of play, and I've spent some time in major capitals.

If I added a sig, would you read it?
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 11:13:10 AM »

Well, if anybody doesnt have a big time investment, feel free to move on over.  However, Im having the same problem of not seeing many people, but I play late, which may account for that.

I also was hoping to go to a mtn/pac server with a fellow CGer on it, but my fellow CGers seem to prefer the non-pvp servers.  Actually, if enough of us can actually settle on one server, I would switch to a "normal" server.
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 12:29:25 PM »

I live in Pacific Time, so I'd prefer a pacific server.  Unfortunately, I dont' have WoW yet, and won't for some time.  But I'm interested in setting up some sort of guild make for Pacific CG and OO players.  The Wanderers seems mostly made out of east coast players, at least from my experience with Planetside.

No, this isn't a whole east side/west side thing, it's just easier to play with people in the same time zone or closer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: