http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 05:06:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox saves transfer question  (Read 5198 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2004, 06:08:42 PM »

I will be purchasing a new Xbox this weekend as I have an original  run and am getting disk read errors now. I know I can transfer games saves with a memory card, but what are the limitations? i.e. Friend is saying he can't transfer a Morrowind save because it is too big. Is there an alternative way of doing this? What games might I run into that I can transfer because the save is too big?

Thanks.

LiveTAG: happydog
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 07:16:55 PM »

Well, KOTOR is also that way.  The only way I know of transferring them is to open the system and copy the drive from one to the other or using a mod chip and FTP.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:26:27 PM »

Well that is not promising. I do plan to get a mod chip for my old xbox, so I can swap the drive, but not that soon.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 12:55:41 AM »

Quote from: "happydog"
I will be purchasing a new Xbox this weekend as I have an original  run and am getting disk read errors now. I know I can transfer games saves with a memory card, but what are the limitations? i.e. Friend is saying he can't transfer a Morrowind save because it is too big. Is there an alternative way of doing this? What games might I run into that I can transfer because the save is too big?

Thanks.

MegaXKey; it uses a 32MB USB storage and the cable. you can then use a larger one. The trick is; are they copyable at ALL ?? For instance all saves etc from Tecmo do *not* copy; regardless of size. (copy pretections) ... that's where FTP comes in. <shrug>

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 04:23:38 AM »

Cool, I'll look into that. Thanks.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 11:02:16 PM »

Quote from: "happydog"
Cool, I'll look into that. Thanks.

If I hadn't sold my old Xbox, I could have answered the question for you as to whether they are or not.

The nice thing about the MegaXKey is that people upload their saves; so if you're just renting a game for a weekend there may be a good savegame to grab if you're stuck, or don't want to deal with a particularly frustrating jumping puzzle.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 12:21:37 AM »

I am assuming that the device mentioned is similar to the Max Drive.  I am still trying to find one locally so that I may upload the fan-made rosters for NCAA Football 2005.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 02:54:09 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I am assuming that the device mentioned is similar to the Max Drive.  I am still trying to find one locally so that I may upload the fan-made rosters for NCAA Football 2005.

MegaXKey is the original device; they have a DB of downloadable saves. Also, if you have a modded box you can do stuff like (rolls eyes) apply nude patches to DOAXVB, etc. You can also use this to use the memory overflow exploit (James Bond savegame is one of them) to run Linux on an unmodded box.

The three urls you'll want are :
Order: http://www.megaxkey.com/index.php?section=order
Saves DB: http://www.megaxkey.com/pafiledb.php
Alt. Saves DB: http://www.xbox-saves.com/index.php?category=saves

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: