http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 02:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360: Video Kinect with a Live Vision Camera?  (Read 840 times)
MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »

I'm wondering if it is actually possible to have a working Video Kinect session between someone with a Kinect when all you have is a Live Vision Camera? While we both have 360 slims, my little brother has the Kinect while I have the vision camera. We can successfully initiate a session and the camera part works just fine. What doesn't work is the audio, this in spite of the fact that it shows as 'On' on both sides of the session.

I hook a headset to my controller and he can hear me just fine, sounds comes from his home theater for this just like everything else. Problem is, all I get from his side is silence. We have to use our phones for the audio and it doesn't really seem like that should be the case. Nothing seems to be wrong on his side, the audio just doesn't work. Any thoughts on what might be the culprit? I've googled around but haven't found anything yet.  icon_neutral

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on November 26, 2011, 04:53:22 PM

I'm wondering if it is actually possible to have a working Video Kinect session between someone with a Kinect when all you have is a Live Vision Camera? While we both have 360 slims, my little brother has the Kinect while I have the vision camera. We can successfully initiate a session and the camera part works just fine. What doesn't work is the audio, this in spite of the fact that it shows as 'On' on both sides of the session.

I hook a headset to my controller and he can hear me just fine, sounds comes from his home theater for this just like everything else. Problem is, all I get from his side is silence. We have to use our phones for the audio and it doesn't really seem like that should be the case. Nothing seems to be wrong on his side, the audio just doesn't work. Any thoughts on what might be the culprit? I've googled around but haven't found anything yet.  icon_neutral

It should work. I'd run through, then have him run through this Microsoft troubleshooting walkthrough here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/troubleshoot/chat-communication/troubleshooting-parties-voice-chat

I think the very first thing to check for is that he has audio for Chat & IM enabled on the Kinect (it's a separate option from voice commands) and that he doesn't have a headset plugged into a controller. Either of these will disable the Kinect audio for chat.

MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »

Thanks! I'll check that out...

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: