http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 09:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wireless Speakers  (Read 507 times)
Haavok
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:05:56 PM »

Has anyone tried wireless rear speakers for a surround sound system.  Saw a product by Rocketfish in Best Buy that lets you connect a pair of rear speakers using a small transmitter and reciever.  Reviews seem to be scattered from excellent to terrible.
JCC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »

I use the Rocketfish for my rear surrounds and it works fine. It works acceptably due mainly to the fact that the surrounds are not usually taxed much so the rocketfish's tiny amp is not an issue.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
MonkeyFinger
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:29:49 PM »

I actually have that unit for my rear speakers and have since 2007. Went off and read the reviews you noted and was surprised at the range as they work just fine for me. I do have an 'issue' that was all the buzz back when I first bought them but (from what I recall) they reworked it internally or via the included wiring to eliminate the hum I get if I leave the unit on with my receiver off, which means I can't leave it on all the time. I've gotten used to turning it on and off when I 'need' it and don't mind as I don't use surround for normal TV watching, just movies and gaming. No clue if that's still an issue or not.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Haavok
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »

Thank you for the input.  Will get them and try them out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: