http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 04:12:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Of the following phones, which should I get work to buy for me to replace my crappy old S-E 580i?
Samsung Focus (19.99) - 1 (25%)
HTC EVO 3D (0.01) - 2 (50%)
Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G (0.01) - 0 (0%)
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 (19.99) - 0 (0%)
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (49.99) - 1 (25%)
LG Optimus 3D (0.01) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cell phone should I get my work to get for me?  (Read 429 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:39:18 AM »

Hrm. Some things to use to help me make a decision:

Can't get (and frankly don't want) a blackberry.
Have a 3GS iPhone iOS5 jailbroken and unlocked. I own it, and I'm not thrilled with it.
I *really* want WP7 - I like metro, but the Focus is a WVGA, some of the others are Super AMOLED Plus screens.
I'd love to have a flash on my cell phone camera. I can get an upgrade once every year or so.

I love screen real estate, but to this point I've been in the dark re: Android and it's many splintered implementations. I have no idea what's supported in terms of upgrades - I don't want to pick a phone that doesn't let me move it forward, and I'm not interested in instability. Some customization is nice, but I don't need to be changing everything everywhere. I JB just to unlock my phone as it came from AT&T (someone on these boards sold me it - it wasn't devil - I don't remember who off the top of my head).

Can someone sell me on Android over WP7.5? What features, etc?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:41:01 AM »

Also, the 49.99 is tight. I suppose the iPhone4 fits up there considering it is possible, but I'm not looking at moving to the same thing I have at this point. I want teh new strange. :/

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »

Man, people must really hate polls, or questions in general. frown

Does anyone have any experience with Android vs. Windows Phone 7?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »

I've heard good things on W7 phones over on the main boards (there was a long discussion about it there at some point), but after their extremely poor performance back in the Windows Mobile OS days (which was crap), I went to Android and haven't looked back.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »

i would say NO on the Xperia (using one now at work). i've used the Evo 3D and it's fine.

i prefer Android over Windows Mobile 7.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »

Smartphones are history. Retro is in. Thus, I recommend...

Hey, it was good enough for Christian Bale in American Psycho, so I'm sure it could handle any work-related chores you have.  smirk
------------------
Seriously, I would give some thought to:
-Any use for "push to talk" features?
-Do you do tons of text messaging, and if so, do you prefer hardware keys, slider keyboard, onscreen keyboard etc.
-Do you really need to be able to watch tons of streaming video for your job, or is it a moot point?
-Are you going to use the phone globally, nationally, regionally, never more than a block from your office etc? That might end up directing you towards certain carriers and certain phones.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:29:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »

We'll see what happens. Nothing for a bit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: