http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 05:45:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of gaming mouse are you using now?  (Read 3257 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »

Seen some coverage about Shogun Bros' Ballista Gaming Mouse:

Pro Gamings' impressions at CES
http://www.pr0gaming.com/shogun-bros-ballista-gaming-mouse-ces-2012

Endgadget (including press release):
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/19/shogun-bros-ballista-mk-1-gaming-mouse-totes-new-sniping-system/
Precision Sniping System Independent X and Y DPI setting (Allow User to Set Slow Vertical or Horizontal Movement for Stable Targeting)

Thumb Selector for Speed Shoot Mode Change

Extreme Accurate 5700 DPI, 1000HZ Polling Rate

Extreme Movement Sensation - 11570 Frame Per Second (No Jumping, No Skipping)

4 Level Customized DPI Setting with Active Indicator

Independent X, Y and Refresh Rate Indicator

5 Mode Customized Profile Setting with Indicator Total 20 Customized DPI Setting (Best for FPS, MMO, RPG and Normal Desktop Environment)

11 Macro Keys to Master in the Game

5 Finger Rest and Ergonomic Shape for Long Hours Fight
======
Design -

1. Driver Free Capability (Bring mouse to any PC for Gaming)
2. Rubberized Surface for best grip
3. Special Thick Thumb Rubber for Grip to Move
4. Vacuum Electroplating Button
5. X,Y and Mode DPI Indicator
6. Military Grade Fabric Cable with Interference Cancellation
7. Golden Plated USB
Vacuum electroplating and interference cancellation!!!!! I'm sure Doc Brown from Back to the Future would be impressed.  smirk
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:23:17 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Enigma
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 10:24:08 PM »

Logitech G700.  Takes a couple of days to get used to the form factor, but then it's terrific.  Wireless works great. Lots of buttons, adjustable DPI.  Smooth scrolling if you want it.  Really nice. 

Now Playing:
PS3: Demon Souls
PC:   Diablo III, Saints Row 3, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »

I think I might get a trackball again one day.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »

went to buy a backup MX518 only to find out they aren't making them anymore, then discovered the G400 is almost a direct copy (maybe a little lighter and different color, but the shape feels identical).  haven't tried using it yet but at least I'm not worrying about having to go out to find something comfortable.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 11:44:11 PM »

I use a razer naga...  I like the buttons.

I have been eyeing that new razer mouse with just 6 buttons.   I am not sure if I would like it as good as the naga.  On the naga, my thumb only comfortably uses the first 6 buttons anyways,,,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on January 22, 2012, 11:44:11 PM

I use a razer naga...  I like the buttons.

I have been eyeing that new razer mouse with just 6 buttons.   I am not sure if I would like it as good as the naga.  On the naga, my thumb only comfortably uses the first 6 buttons anyways,,,
I picked one up on a lark over the weekend. I am just so overwhelmed with hotkeys in SWTOR and wanted to see if it helped.

I'm going with the "Numeric keypad" option for the left-side "button grid" (and sticking with my left hand for 1-9, etc.). Visually, it gets a little confusing cause hotkey assigned to 3 and another assigned to Numeric Keypad 3 both say '3' on the hotkey label. Not really worried about that though. Just gradually assigning some keys and getting my right thumb used to it.

I do like the mouse shape overall. Fits my hand better than the small-ish Logitech G300 I'd been using, and feels a bit reminiscent of the MX518 (even if it doesn't look it per se). I do have trouble using the two small upper left side buttons though. Not sure why. Just feels kind of awkward reaching for those two (will probably just take some time to get used to it after the little G300). The 12-button right thumb grid is fine, just a matter of getting used to that many buttons.

The sleeve in the box has some optional little adhesive pads to stick on certain grid buttons if you struggle with them. They suggest giving about 18 hours or so getting comfortable with it before resorting to that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:51:27 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »

Interested in a n52te, Blackjack? It'll take care of all your macro / hotkey problems.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 23, 2012, 05:53:55 PM

Interested in a n52te, Blackjack? It'll take care of all your macro / hotkey problems.
I'm curious about it. Do you use one?

It's just, I can't tell you how many "unconventional" PC and console game controllers I've tried going back to a klutzy Kinect-wannabe controller for NES in 1990 (it used hand gestures over an infrared detector of sorts), and few ever proved truly usable.

My main problem with the both the Naga and the G300 (compared to my trusty old MX-518) is the cursor just somehow doesn't seem precise enough in regular Windows use or when clicking items in SWTOR. I've fiddled with all the .dpi, acceleration and other settings and neither mouse has felt quite precise enough.

If anything, they should feel "more" precise but regardless of whether I change the settings numbers higher or lower, I just don't feel as comfortably precise as I did with the MX-518. Just dragging an item or skill from one tray to another, just doesn't quite feel precise enough.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 23, 2012, 05:49:50 PM

Quote from: Morgul on January 22, 2012, 11:44:11 PM

I use a razer naga...  I like the buttons.

I have been eyeing that new razer mouse with just 6 buttons.   I am not sure if I would like it as good as the naga.  On the naga, my thumb only comfortably uses the first 6 buttons anyways,,,
I picked one up on a lark over the weekend. I am just so overwhelmed with hotkeys in SWTOR and wanted to see if it helped.

I'm going with the "Numeric keypad" option for the left-side "button grid" (and sticking with my left hand for 1-9, etc.). Visually, it gets a little confusing cause hotkey assigned to 3 and another assigned to Numeric Keypad 3 both say '3' on the hotkey label. Not really worried about that though. Just gradually assigning some keys and getting my right thumb used to it.

I do like the mouse shape overall. Fits my hand better than the small-ish Logitech G300 I'd been using, and feels a bit reminiscent of the MX518 (even if it doesn't look it per se). I do have trouble using the two small upper left side buttons though. Not sure why. Just feels kind of awkward reaching for those two (will probably just take some time to get used to it after the little G300). The 12-button right thumb grid is fine, just a matter of getting used to that many buttons.

The sleeve in the box has some optional little adhesive pads to stick on certain grid buttons if you struggle with them. They suggest giving about 18 hours or so getting comfortable with it before resorting to that.

Well, The naga did take some getting used to.   But once I did, I cannot go back.   I have it and the logitech g13 (with buttons, 7, 8, 9, 0 , - , = mapped to it, as well as tab, map, etc.

The more you play, the more you get used to the buttons.  But, I can never pull my thumb back and hit 7,8,9 on the naga accurately..

And I do not really need to because of the g12.  (Before the g 13 I used a belkin n52  and I liked it too.)

This new mouse with 6 buttons is the first mouse to catch my interest since the naga..
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2012, 05:58:01 PM »

Endgadget has some impressions of Mad Catz' Cyborg M.M.O. 7 gaming mouse:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/06/mad-catz-cyborg-m-m-o-7-gaming-mouse-hands-on/
Expensive ($130) and interesting, albeit with a few head-scratching changes from the more FPS-focused original version.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 07:45:38 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 26, 2012, 03:53:42 PM

It's just, I can't tell you how many "unconventional" PC and console game controllers I've tried going back to a klutzy Kinect-wannabe controller for NES in 1990 (it used hand gestures over an infrared detector of sorts), and few ever proved truly usable.

My main problem with the both the Naga and the G300 (compared to my trusty old MX-518) is the cursor just somehow doesn't seem precise enough in regular Windows use or when clicking items in SWTOR. I've fiddled with all the .dpi, acceleration and other settings and neither mouse has felt quite precise enough.

If anything, they should feel "more" precise but regardless of whether I change the settings numbers higher or lower, I just don't feel as comfortably precise as I did with the MX-518. Just dragging an item or skill from one tray to another, just doesn't quite feel precise enough.

I haven't used it heavily yet. I was thinking of getting it set up for Diablo 3, on account of the fact that I love hotkey shortcuts.

I haven't invested the time in it though, so I could be convinced to sell it if you were interested. It is very comfortable and very responsive.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »

I have officially unplugged and given up on the Naga MMO mouse. I've tried, tried, tried but don't feel comfortable with either the thumb grid, or the weird little front-left side buttons. And no matter how I set dpi and what not, it just doesn't feel precise to me. I struggle just to move an item from one slot to another in inventory in anything. I think I still have about 10 days to return it to BB.

I've gone back to the Logitech G300 my mom gave me for Xmas. It's still too small for my goliath hands, but the extra buttons are handy and it actually feels adequately precise (if not as much as my trusty MX518).

I just wish Logitech would make an MX518 with just a few extra buttons on it. Mouse makers always end up "evolving" into models I'm not comfortable with. Wah.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:08:55 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2012, 12:38:02 AM »

I've been using a Nostromo for years. Love it to death. I can't imagine playing an MMO without it.

Quote from: Purge on February 06, 2012, 07:45:38 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on January 26, 2012, 03:53:42 PM

I haven't used it heavily yet. I was thinking of getting it set up for Diablo 3, on account of the fact that I love hotkey shortcuts.

I haven't invested the time in it though, so I could be convinced to sell it if you were interested. It is very comfortable and very responsive.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: