http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 01:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrading advice  (Read 636 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:17:39 PM »

Well i have neglected my poor PC since last summer since my console birth, but i'm looking to upgrade.  I thought i was all but done with pc gaming, but there are a couple games i have some real interest in and thought i'd look to start an upgrade project. 

Here is my current setup......

Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI Socket 939 nForce4 motherboard
Enermax Whisper II 535W Power Supply
Corsair Value 2gig SD DDR 400
Sapphire X800 Pro 256 PCI
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego

#1 is definitely a new video card.  As always, not top of the line but definitely on the upper end that will get me through a year atleast.  Now the other parts i'm unsure of.  I'm hoping my power supply, motherboard, cpu, and ram are still worthy of not having to upgrade.  I'll do it if i have to, but i'm hoping not.  I also think i'm ready to grab me another hard drive.  This one seems to be running ok, but its 4 years old and i'd like to go to something more than the 120g it is.

Without going all out, but stepping up nicely, anyone have some suggestions on what to look to upgrade? I don't tweak or overclock, so that isn't in the plans.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 04:23:14 AM »

You need to upgrade?  eek

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 05:31:19 AM »

My situation is similar to yours. I'm considering an 8800GTS for an upgrade. To justify a full 8800GTX, I'd need to upgrade to a very high end cpu for that socket, which I've also been pondering... but then there's core 2 duo as well.

If I were just swapping up the vid card (and that may be what happens), it's probably gonna be an 8800GTS, unless then new ati R600 based cards offer something better.

Time marches on smile

Atomic
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 01:34:14 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on January 27, 2007, 04:23:14 AM

You need to upgrade?  eek

I agree with you.  Can't see any game that won't play on this rig as is.  Me, personally, I would milk that rig for 6 more months at least.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: