http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 03:51:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: two wireless mice on same desk?  (Read 2158 times)
stolazi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2004, 03:42:09 PM »

Greetings. I run two computers from the same desk (laptop for work and my home system). I have the Logitech MX 700 for my home system, and I want to get the same mouse for my laptop.

Does anyone know if the mice will interfere with each other if I keep them on separate channels (if that is possible)?

Thanks
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 07:29:47 PM »

To my knowledge there aren't any frequency 'adjustments' for any wireless mice (although I could be totally wrong here), so I'm guessing you might have a few issues.

But I don't use wireless, so I can't honestly answer your question.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Magic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 08:35:27 PM »

wouldn't a KVM switch be ideal for this situation?
stolazi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 10:30:36 PM »

That's what I tried originally. I got a highly rated KVM switch from NewEgg, and it made the images on my monitor look like crap. So I decided to just use the dual inputs on my monitor and have two keboards and two mice. I wish the KVM switch worked for me. Maybe I should try another brand. The one I got (and am going to return) was made by TrendNet.
egrudzin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 03:42:39 AM »

I use a DLink KVM and it works fine.  No image quaity issues at all and I've been using it for several years with a few different video cards.  Try that one and see if you like it.  I think it's $40 for the two PC version.

What kind of cables are you using to connect the KVM to the monitor?  If they are cheap or too long they may give problems with ghosting images.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 08:04:50 PM »

I'd suggest buying an MS mouse.. they have high production values, and is unlikely to conflict. I know that MS wireless devices allow multiple devices to sync with one pod, so they use different channels.

I have an old Logitech wireless 3 button mouse and it had a sync button. You might be sweatin' bullets for nothing. Pick one up from Costco, try it out, and return it if you have problems. (at least in Canada, Costco will take back ANYTHING with little question except software)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 07:40:25 PM »

You can still use the KVM switch.  Just don't run the video through it.
Boxcar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 06:12:24 PM »

I run two MX700 mice on two different computers at the same desk and have had no problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: