http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 08:14:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of upgrading processor, need software advice  (Read 695 times)
cptbeatdown
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »

I was playing the Medieval 2 demo the other day and it occured to me that my fps in these kind of games isn't what it used to be  crybaby
So anyways I gandered a looksie inside the device manager and found that my processor I'm using right now is an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, and then it occured to me that I don't know what processor sizes/types my motherboard supports. When you guys are looking to upgrade, what kind of software do you use to see the specs on your current system? I'm looking for something like futuremark without all the fluff and expense.
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:29:57 PM »

I look on the motherboard . Its usually written between the pci slots or on a sticker. Then I look it up on the web.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 05:47:50 AM »

Yar, I just go to the manufacturer's website and get the details there, and if you haven't ever checked they will likely have a BIOS update or five that you may want to check into. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 09:01:06 AM »

Looking at the review in PC GAMER, they have listed the recommended system requirements as being the following: P4 3GHz. 1GB Ram, 256MB 3D card.

Based on that, and without knowing what video card you have running, perhaps you are in need of an upgrade of your GPU instead?

As for checking out the specs on your current system, I would suggest PC Wizard 2006 http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php 
cptbeatdown
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

I'm running this beast with a Radeon X800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: