http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 12:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMS issues  (Read 238 times)
Lee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:12:07 AM »

This is a long shot, but I would appreciate any ideas.

My sister and her kids were all on iPhone 4s (not 4S, but four model 4). They all upgraded, two went with LG G3s and two went with iPhone 5Cs despite me telling them to wait for next month's Apple announcement. The LGs and one 5C will not text inside their house on the Sprint network. They do data and phone calls fine, but cannot send/receive SMS messages.

First thought was the iMessages bug from switching to Android, but one of the 5Cs is also affected. They called Apple to make sure they were removed from iMessages. Sprint says their house is in a dead zone. Which makes sense, they can text outside of the house. But why did their old phones work? Why does one 5C work? Why do phone calls and data work completely fine if it's a dead zone? The can't get an LTE signal, but do get 3-4 bars of 3G.

I have had them do resets, disable their old phones, try to reset the message center address for SMS, and all sorts of settings changes. Nothing works. It's the oddest problem and yet nothing seems to fix it and no one seems to be able to help. I am telling them to change to Verizon, which I have and works fine at their house, but the father is against making a switch because Sprint is cheaper.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »

1) I can't believe they upgraded to a new iPhone right now. As you mentioned. The 6 is due next month!
2) The iPhone at least should happily be able to text if it's on wifi even if it has no signal. Or so I'd think.
3) If Sprint calls their house a dead zone, they should offer you one of their 'hook this into your router so you'll get telephone service' things absolutely free. Get that. That said...yeah, Sprint isn't telling the truth there. If you have 3-4 bars, you're not in a dead zone. Everything should work just fine without any problems.

So in the end, I'm sorta at a loss just like you are.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:40:45 AM »

Thanks for the response Destructor. There was a death in the family so I kind of dropped this, and everything else.

I am still not sure what is going on. They went to a Sprint store and complained and they replaced the 2 LGs with iPhones so even if there is issues still they can use iMessage, which should work when communicating with other types of phones too once iOS 8 comes out.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:49:38 PM »

Super confused with what you are asking but I will chime in with my experience from moving froim iOS to Android.

Issue:
My friends who are using an iOS device AND using iMessage cannot text me.

Reason:
Before I moved away from iOS to Android I should have disabled iMessage on my device. before moving platform.

Sure my friends who are still on iOS devices and using imessage can text me BUT they have to wait for the text to fail and then 'press & hold' the failed text and select 'send as SMS'
I also called Apple and explained to them the issue and they had no record of my device ever using iMessage  eek so they had me delete the 2 iphones that were tied to my support account AND reset my appleID password.
Didn't do a damn thing.

I'm guessing that from your story above that one of the iphones did not have imessage enabled before the change = hence they are able to have replies sent to them.

Who knows?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:06:17 PM by Roman » Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: