http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 06:30:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I overclock my video card?
Yes! Every FPS matters! - 3 (37.5%)
No! DANGER! - 5 (62.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Should I overclock my video card?  (Read 581 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »

I've been reading that my GTX 560 Ti is easily overclocked. Should I go for it, or just be happy with what I have until I am ready to go SLI or get a better card? If I do, will I set fire to my PC?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:20:13 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »

Even though I voted yes because I enjoy OCing, really I don't think you're going to see much difference.  You may get a few points on some benchmarks but in the real world it's tough to see a few extra framerate points.  More often than not some other factor will make more of a difference.

In terms of risk, I don't think there's much if you have a good power supply and cooling.  Just bump up slowly if you're going to do it.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 08, 2012, 11:03:47 PM

Even though I voted yes because I enjoy OCing, really I don't think you're going to see much difference.  You may get a few points on some benchmarks but in the real world it's tough to see a few extra framerate points.  More often than not some other factor will make more of a difference.

In terms of risk, I don't think there's much if you have a good power supply and cooling.  Just bump up slowly if you're going to do it.

Agreed. You're going to get an extra 5%-10% or so. In the real world, you're talking an extra frame or two per second. On a very, very negative side, it's going to make your computer even louder as the fan(s) on your card are going to ramp up to deal with the extra heat...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: