http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 08:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCSI hard drive?  (Read 922 times)
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 08:46:32 PM »

I recently got an SCSI 20gb 15,000 RPM hard drive from HP, the connections look completely different from my other hard drives which probably aren't SCSI. Are there any special requirements for this thing?
Biyobi
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:17:42 PM »

You'll need a SCSI card to plug in to your motherboard.  If you don't have a SCSI connection already, why did you spend so much cash for a SCSI drive?  All the drives on my current system are SCSI, but my post-Xmas gift to myself (new comp) will go with SATA drives simply because the benefits just don't seem worth the price to me anymore.
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:18:20 PM »

You need a SCSI controller card and the correct cable.  I used to have a pair of Plextor SCSI CD-R drives and a SCSI scanner back in the day.

You need to know what spec the HDD is.  It should be on the drive.  It's been awhile since I have looked at SCSI stuff, but it is probably Ultra or Ultra160 or something like that.  I've always had good luck with cards made by Adaptec.  Just be glad it isn't an external drive, because there are a myriad of connection types for that stuff.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: