http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 10:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick! Will this mobo support this vid card?  (Read 1072 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2004, 02:56:21 PM »

Building my gf a new computer using the old motherboard and processor I have.  It's a P4 1.8a on an Asus P4S533-E.

I'm looking at getting her this Radeon 9600.  The board claims to be AGP 4x, and the card says it supports it.  However, looking at the pins on the card, I'm not convinced it'll fit.  Am I right?

If that card won't go, anyone have any other suggestions that's not too pricey.  She mostly needs it for word processing and running Sims 2 and (hopefully) WoW.  I was running a GF4 in there when I was using it, but it crapped out, which is why I built my current rig.  Need a response ASAP so I can order the part and get it here to build the rig.[/url]

unbongwah
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:03:08 PM »

Standard AGP 4X slot, standard AGP 4X/8X card - you'll be fine.  [Unless there's some imcompatibility between your MB / chipset and Radeon cards I'm unaware of.]  What makes you think it wouldn't fit?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 04:06:04 PM »

Dunno.  Just looking at the slot and the pins, I guess.  I figured it would, just wanted a second opinion, since if it doesn't go the first time, I won't be able to give her the rig on Xmas morning.

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 04:20:39 PM »

Should be fine.  But doesn't your chick deserve at least a 9600 PRO, if not a 9800 PRO or 6600GT?  Where is this relationship going anyway?  Chaz, (pause) ... we need to talk.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:41:16 PM »

Just a side note.  WOW seems to run better then SIms 2 so no worries there.

morlac00 on PSN
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 05:03:23 PM »

Hey, she's moving up from a computer that has *gasp* an integrated video card on the motherboard.  One of those Intel jobbies.  I cringed when I found that out.  Yeah, I'd have liked to get the Pro, but I'm already over spending on her as it is.  Hopefully she won't kill me.  Much.  biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: