http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 04:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems installing Radeon 2400pro  (Read 498 times)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »

I recently bought a Radeon 2400pro AGP for a work computer. I'm having trouble installing the latest Catalyst Drivers for it though. When I installed it I replaced an old Radeon 9600 pro, it ran on Catalyst 10.2 drivers just fine. When I took the 9600 out and put in the 2400 windows XP did not recognize the card. No problem I downloaded the last official drivers for this card, Catalyst 12.6 (The AGP version), ran Driver Sweeper, taking out all ATi drivers, restarted, ran 12.6 and the only thing the damn thing does is install the Catalyst Installer. It doesn't install the Catalyst Driver. It won't even recognize the card. So I uninstalled, run Driver Sweeper again and tried reinstalling Catalyst 10.2. Same Problem.

So then I download the last Omega Driver that was made, install it, everything is good, the card is recognized, the driver is installed. The only problem is that the last Omega Driver is really old. I want the newest Catalyst Driver installed.

No matter what I do I can't get the Catalyst installer to actually install the Catalyst video card driver. Any thoughts?

MY Specs:

Windows XP SP3 32bit
Athlon 2800+ CPU
2 gigs ram
Radeon 2400pro AGP
No on board video.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 01:37:59 AM »

I wanted to say they might have dropped support for the card. But the 2400 is actually newer than the 9600. Damn these people and their confusing numbering/advertising schemes!

Recognizes original card.

Does not recognize new card, unless you install the omega drivers, in which case it works just dandy.

So it's not a hardware issue specifically, but for some reason the new cat drivers are not recognizing the card, yet the old ones are (since that's where the omega driver came from)...

Test: Find a copy of the driver version your omega's were created from, and see if THAT recognizes the driver.

I'm not sure what it would tell us, but it's at least something to test. You could, in theory, work your way along the driver series until you hit a step where it stops recognizing the card. Then figure out what changed.

Atomic
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:53:38 PM »

Quote from: TheAtomicKid on July 01, 2013, 01:37:59 AM

I wanted to say they might have dropped support for the card. But the 2400 is actually newer than the 9600. Damn these people and their confusing numbering/advertising schemes!

Recognizes original card.

Does not recognize new card, unless you install the omega drivers, in which case it works just dandy.

So it's not a hardware issue specifically, but for some reason the new cat drivers are not recognizing the card, yet the old ones are (since that's where the omega driver came from)...

Test: Find a copy of the driver version your omega's were created from, and see if THAT recognizes the driver.

I'm not sure what it would tell us, but it's at least something to test. You could, in theory, work your way along the driver series until you hit a step where it stops recognizing the card. Then figure out what changed.

Atomic

Not a bad idea. Do you know anywhere to downlaod Legacy Ati drivers, I can't find a link to them on the official AMD page?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:47:26 AM »

Not sure.

Is this the driver you're trying to use?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-xp.aspx

Atomic
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:47:15 PM »

I was trying the 12.6 AGP version. But I did find the DL page for legacy drivers right here

The Omega I am running is based off of 7.? so I will start with Cat 8.1 and work my way up from there.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »

I started with Cat 8.1 (the oldest one I could find) and it is giving me the same problem. So at this point I think I am just going to give up and live with the old Omega driver.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: