http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 10:56:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onkyo receiver won't turn on any more...  (Read 2127 times)
lokiju
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2005, 03:48:52 AM »

Ok guys and gals, I need some help.  I have had my Onkyo 5.1 system (Model HTS670b) for a couple months now, and am generally happy with it.  That said, I am having an odd issue that I hope someone can help me with.  My receiver is the HT-R420, and when I turn it off, 50% of the time, after left alone for a little while, it won't turn back on using either the system power button or the remote.  If I unplug the receiver, and then plug it back it, the system will turn on.  What the hell is going on?  It never shuts off by itself, which I have heard is a common issue due to heat, but mine is just the opposite, lol.  It can't be a faulty wire because it ALWAYS turns on once I unplug and replug the power cord.  Help!

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 09:22:25 PM »

Not too sure, huuuuge guess, but it sounds like a glitch in the firmware where a flag isn't being reset or something since it's still receiving some power while plugged in.  I would do a little research on the AVS forums, but I would definitely have it replaced / repaired.  It should have at least a 1 year warranty, right?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:24:33 PM »

Since it's new, just wondering if there has been any confusion between power and stand-by mode.  I have an Onkyo receiver myself, and occaisionally I'll kick the thing into off when it's meant to be in stand-by.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: