http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 09:30:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a reliable printer rather inexpensive  (Read 1028 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:32:02 PM »

I have went through a couple cheap walmart printers and I need something more reliable. I don't use it daily, but when I do I don't want glitches. Looking at $200 or so.

Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on March 02, 2012, 12:32:02 PM

I have went through a couple cheap walmart printers and I need something more reliable. I don't use it daily, but when I do I don't want glitches. Looking at $200 or so.

I'll be the first to chime in, buy a color laser. They've cheap enough now a days that you can afford it and toner lasts longer than ink. The only "disadvantage" is that you can't use glossy paper in them.

If you want to buy new, a Dell 1250c (no network) or the Dell 1350cnw (slightly faster with wifi/wired) are both good options at $145 and $200 respectively. Keep in mind the time to first page can be slow on cheaper lasers and the ppm listed is AFTER the first page. The toner cartridges are also on the small side at 700 pages (regular) and 1400 pages (high-yield).
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »

I second this.

I've got a B&W Samsung laser printer (turned off most of the time). The toner in it is still from the original purchase (which is 50% capacity of the replacements).

The printer is 4 years old, and works beautifully.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: