http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:56:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a good computer, that can run WoW with NO problems  (Read 2670 times)
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2005, 01:41:17 AM »

Ok, im looking for a good computer with some great performance parts that can run world of warcraft with no problems at all and no lag. I also would like to play HL2 and maybe Battlefield 2 on it, but HL2 is a definite. If anyone can maybe help me out with a good setup at a VERY resonable price, Please help... :?
Creepy_Smell
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 03:12:24 AM »

What specs does your computer have now? You may not need to buy a whole new rig.

chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 03:54:19 AM »

trust me...i need a whole new computer. I took it to get it upgraded, and i got laughed at. Im running a P3 500 mhz processor, and 8 mb video card, 64 mb ram and dont even get me started on my laptop...but my lil brother gets all the new crap and im stuck with crap...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 04:21:07 AM »

My computer ran both WoW and HL2 perfectly. But then it would'nt even install BF2...sigh. Mine's a p4 2.4ghz, 1 gig pc2700 ram, and a geforce 4 ti4200 card. I hate the way BF2 did me.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 05:02:38 AM »

well, if you go look in the trading section, youll see what im willing to give up for a new computer...i want wow sooo damn bad...please, someone help me with either a good idea of a computer, or buy my stuff or trade me for it... frown
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 06:00:39 AM »

Well, I had a 9600 Pro (pretty mid to low end card nowadays) that ran WoW without a hitch at 1024x768 with all the bells / whistles.  You really don't need to spend a lot as long as you can build it yourself.

I'd recommend looking at NewEgg.com at some of the bundle deals.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 06:53:05 AM »

well, im not a big building buff, casue i would end up screwing up and making a toaster or something....so im looking to buy something that all i have to do is throw a OS on it, and im ready to go
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 08:19:36 AM »

If you want to do 'building lite', you could always buy a bare-bones system.  My favorite is, as usual, the Shuttle XPC.  Very small, very quiet.  You just drop in the processor, RAM, HDD, and CD/DVD drive.  Everything else is on the mobo (some even have built-in wireless).
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 08:41:18 AM »

well, i dont want to drop anything in but a OS....or maybe some Optical drvies at the most...no Hdd and Processors...i dont wanna TOUCH or GO NEAR bios....and can anyone post page links on this? damn, im tired, its 5am here and ive been up since 5 the other morning
warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 12:45:01 PM »

WoW has very moderate system requirements.  Broadband would be helpful as would 1 gigabyte or more of RAM.  Beyond that you can get a smooth, playable game without a lot of the graphical bells and whistles on a very reasonable system.

Maybe look into a Dell system?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 04:33:08 PM »

Maybe look into a Dell system?

Yep, first hit www.gotapex.com and check the current Dell deals.  You can get up to 750 bucks off of some systems by simply putting in a coupon code.   In the past it was cheaper to build your own, but now its not a whole lot cheaper.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 07:46:07 PM »

well, as i was saying, im looking to maybe trade my things in the trading section for one, but i dont have alot of money to deal with...and im not looking for a powerhouse, just a good computer with no problems...and better than a 1998 Gateway....and i have T1
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 10:27:57 PM »

I`d recommend a falcon northwest. Look at the prebuilt ones, not the others. I can`t comment on those specifically, but the support and sales there is very good. It might be too much to spend, but like I said I haven`t really looked into those. Worth a look.
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 05:35:51 AM »

ok, 1, BUMP, 2, i now have a price limit....$300 bucks...sadly, i KNOW that it will not get me too much, or not a AWESOME computer, but now im DESPRATE...i want a computet that can run WoW right away...can anyone help me? ill do anything to get it...check the trade forum if you think im joking...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 06:08:40 AM »

I hate consoles but if $300 is all ya got Id say get a xbox 360.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 06:23:06 AM »

thats the problem. I cant go a penny over...trust me on that...i found a computer for 289, and the shipping made it $300.01 and i was SOOOO mad, and i DONT want a 360 casue microsoft just made modding in games that much easier, plus the only MMO's that consoles have are those stupid phantasy stars and FFXI...I HAD FFXI, for ps2, and i didnt like it at all. they are always trying to charge you for something....in the game AND in real life, plus the game servers are almost ALWAYS down by some, and i qoute, "Mysterious third party attacks". So, i played WoW for a lil while on some freinds computers and my lil brothers and im addicted to its punishment. So please...Help me out? please help me find something....
unbreakable
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 01:04:12 PM »

For that kind of money you might have to hit eBay and see what you can get, or else see if anywhere has closeout deals (sometimes you can get really good deals at best buy that way, although I despise retail computers).
frost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 01:51:34 PM »

you're telling me that you couldn't order that computer because it was $300.01, and you're only budgeted for $300?  You couldn't take a walk to a mall and take a lousy penny out of a fountain?  Dang pennies are everywhere!  You've got to be kidding.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 04:38:48 PM »

Try an Emachine. Especially on Black Friday. I've even seen an ad (Best Buy? Walmart?) for a machine for $150. Of course, you need to send in mail-in-rebates to get it down that low.
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 09:12:16 PM »

Quote from: "frost"
you're telling me that you couldn't order that computer because it was $300.01, and you're only budgeted for $300?  You couldn't take a walk to a mall and take a lousy penny out of a fountain?  Dang pennies are everywhere!  You've got to be kidding.
its not that i couldnt get a penny...its kind of hard telling tigerdirect that i cant pay them the penny, casue my credit card wont allow me to do it, so ill pay it later....so technicly its not my fault...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 08:25:12 AM »

If this helps...I have a 9700pro 128mb card that I`d let go really easy. Like I said, if this helps... :wink:
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 09:06:05 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
If this helps...I have a 9700pro 128mb card that I`d let go really easy. Like I said, if this helps... :wink:
not really, but thank you. i need a whole new computer. new motherboard, new processor, new everything...
unbreakable
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 12:24:42 PM »

Was checking out the Black Friday deals at Circuit City:

eMachines Sempron Desktop w/ 512MB, 100GB-  $249

Actually, this link to a search could probably help.
chewbaccasaurus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 05:47:43 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Was checking out the Black Friday deals at Circuit City:

eMachines Sempron Desktop w/ 512MB, 100GB-  $249

Actually, this link to a search could probably help.
damn, thats a lil cheaper than the one i was looking at...but i dont like the processor...even though amd's are better, but its only like 1.8 or even 2 ghz, when the intel's are like 3.06 ghz...i want more power so i can play more games...like fear and wow...i know i wont be able to play fear out of the box, but with some upgrades i will...
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 10:18:14 PM »

The cheapest 3.06GHz Intel CPU is $210 on PriceWatch.  That's just the processor itself.  Perhaps you would best be served looking at comperable AMD processors.  There are AMD Athlon 64 3400 combos with a motherboard listed for under $200.

With your limited credit limit, your best bet would likely be to buy a few parts, pay off your card, and buy a few more until you can complete the build.  For under $300 it's going to be extremely difficult to find something you will be happy with unless there are some truly insane deals to be found.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: